Aisenfield
March 29, 2024, 03:20:52 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Rest In Peace, RebOmine = 1992-2008

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Hyrule High

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hyrule High  (Read 582 times)
America
And I'll be the hero!
Resident

Alfred/America [Hetalia: Axis Powers]

Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter Level 4 Level 3
« on: February 22, 2008, 12:42:14 pm »

Disclaimer: I don’t own the Legend of Zelda or related characters.  I only own the plot and certain people who don’t appear in the franchise.

Warning: Shounen-ai (fluffy boy x boy love), AU, Shoujo-ai (fluffy girl x girl love)
Genre: Romance, Humor (hopefully), Fantasy, Action/Adventure
Rating: Teen
Main Pairing: Dark Link (will be referred as Shadow) x Link
Side Pairings: Sheik x Zelda, many OC x OC pairings, one-sided Zelda x Link, one-sided Ruto x Link, and one-sided Saria x Link

Shadow: This is a very unhealthy obsession, Ryu.
Me: Whatever.  I do need to type up that one-shot, though…
Link: sigh Anyway, on with the first chapter.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Chapter 1: New Elf On the Block

There were many races in the world, most intelligent.  All of them thought that their own race was superior and looked down upon the others.  It still went on, even when the kings decided to have at least one school that allowed all races to mingle and learn.  One school, situated in one of the neutral areas, had the most success.  It was named Hyrule and it was a boarding school that taught from preschool up through college.  Hyrule became famous for having all of the kids make life-long friends, no matter the race.

Despite being a famous school, their security sucks like hell.  Shadow thought as he snuck into his history teacher’s classroom that night.  His messy hair was as black as a raven and had eyes as red as rubies.  He wore a black leotard, black gloves, and black shoes, so as not to get caught.  Shadow easily picked the lock on the drawer of the teacher’s desk and took her favorite pen.  With a smirk, he closed and locked the drawer before quietly making his way back to his dorm.

The next morning found Shadow sitting at his desk in history, looking bored.  It was five minutes until class started and he could not wait to see what Riku Hikari, the history teacher, would do.  Five long minutes later saw everyone quiet and at their desks, waiting for their teacher.  The door opened and Riku walked in with someone that made the class, Shadow included, blink.

He could pull off as being Shadow’s twin, but there were obvious differences.  The youth was about the same age as Shadow with darkish blond hair that seemed messier than Shadow’s and eyes as blue as a cloudless sky.  His pointed ears, unreal grace, and gentle features marked him as an Elf, like Shadow.  The blond’s ears were pierced with a small, silver hoop, like the raven-haired teen’s own but platinum.  He wore a green tank top, white leggings, a brown leather belt with a gold buckle, and leather boots the same color as his belt.  Shadow’s attire was similar, but black where there was green (on the new kid), gray where there was brown, and had a silver belt buckle.

“OK, class.  As you can tell, we’ve got a new student,” Riku began as she sat at her desk.  Her brown hair was a little messy, as usual, and her light brown cat’s tail flicked around lazily.  It was expected considering the teacher was of the Sphinx race.  “So, go ahead and introduce yourself and tell us a little bit about yourself.”

“I’m Link Tomoshibi and there really isn’t much about me that’s interesting,” he replied with a smile that got most of the girls resisting the urge to squeal.  His voice was smooth and, in Shadow’s opinion, as clear as a crystal bell.

Riku nodded as her emerald eyes scanned the room for an empty seat.  The brunette knew that there was only one that was vacant and suppressed the urge to groan when she realized where it was.  She sighed, her tail flicking with distaste.

“Well, go have a seat in front of Yuki-san and I apologize ahead of time if I hit you instead of him,” the Sphinx pointed to the desk and opened her drawer.  Link looked confused as he walked over to the desk in front of Shadow, who was having a mental celebration at the looks of disappointment on the faces of most of the females.  He would also have a good excuse to stare at the blond, making the arrangement even better.

Instead of watching Link, though, Shadow’s eyes were trained on the teacher.  He saw the look of confusion pass before her eyes when she opened the drawer, but it faded into annoyance as Riku realized what had become of her favorite pen.  Riku stood up casually, discreetly grabbing one of the chalkboard erasers, but Shadow knew better.  Link was only one step away from his assigned desk when Riku threw the eraser at Shadow, hitting the raven-haired teen square on the head.  Shadow rubbed his head after chucking the eraser back at the Sphinx.

“That wasn’t nice, Riku-sensei!  You could have hit the new kid!” Shadow whined, causing the class to snicker.   Link sat down at his desk once the danger had passed and was getting himself situated while listening to the exchange.

“I always manage to hit you, Kaitou,” Riku replied before muttering something about “kleptomaniacs” and “favorite pen”.  She then started the lesson on the war between Elves and Dragons with the class taking good notes, for once.  When the bell rang, Shadow figured it was time to make his move.

“So, what classes do you have?” Shadow asked the blond as they packed up their belongings.  Link paused to look at the raven-haired teen before fishing out his schedule.  He handed it over to Shadow silently before organizing his school supplies.

What a shy kid…now, this is interesting.  He thought as his ruby eyes scanned the paper.  Link almost had the same schedule as him, but the blond had chorus when Shadow had that meeting with his infamous guidance counselor.

“Looks like you’re stuck with the kleptomaniac that is myself!” Shadow told the blond cheerfully.  Link blinked as he grabbed his forest green messenger bag.

“About that…do you keep the objects you steal?” the blond asked in a soft voice.  That time was Shadow’s turn to blink.

“Nope.  I usually give it back the next day,” the ruby-eyed Elf replied, not telling him what really made Shadow give back those stolen objects.  Shadow grabbed his own bag before grabbing Link’s wrist and proceeding to drag the hapless blond to their math class.

It was at lunch that Shadow introduced the blond Elf to Zelda (an Elf), Sheik (also an Elf), Ruto (a Mermaid), and Saria (a Dryad).  Link warmed up to them and seemed to take an immediate liking to Saria.  Shadow and Sheik saw the looks the other two were giving Saria, making the two males sigh quietly.  Sheik harbored a crush on Zelda, the Elvin daughter of the mayor of their town, ever since eighth grade (the group were eleventh graders now).

The bell for the third class rang and Shadow led Link to their band class.  It was there that he found that Link played both the ocarina and flute.  Shadow played the ocarina and piano, surprisingly good at the instruments.  The time flew fast as they practiced for an upcoming concert, with Link and Shadow actually landing a duet part of a song of their choice with an instrument of their choice.

“Well, I can take you as far as the chorus room, but I have to go to guidance,” Shadow told the sky-eyed Elf.  Link nodded his head with a questioning look in his eyes, but did not voice said question.  The raven-haired Elf waved it off before leaving the blond at the room.

His guidance counselor was a Phoenix named Sora Arashi.  She was strict, but got along well with most of the students.  In Shadow’s opinion, Sora would have made a great principal.  She would definitely have been better than Ganondorf.  Shadow harbored deep feelings of dislike for the new principal as he had taken that position away from the Phoenix and demoted her from assistant principal to guidance counselor.

Shadow knocked on Sora’s door before entering.  She was busy typing something on her computer and her gold hair kept getting in front of her wildfire amber eyes.  The Phoenix impatiently pushed the hair back before turning to Shadow.  Sora never wore skirts, so she had the “typical” attire for male counselors.

“Something’s made you happy.  What’s up?” Sora inquired, her voice naturally fierce, yet sounded like gold bells on the off chance someone caught her singing.  She also happened to be an Empath, and a very sensitive one at that.

“New kid,” Shadow vaguely replied as he sat down on the chair closest to her desk.  Sora quirked an eyebrow before giving him a mock glare in response.  She hated it when the raven-haired Elf left out details.

“Oh, really?  Do tell,” she retorted.  Shadow happily told her of how the day had gone.  She never interrupted unless she needed clarification, which made her an excellent listener.  At the end was when Sora made some comments.  “Looks like you’re smitten with this Link fella.”

Shadow coughed and blushed as she figured out what he was feeling in practically no time.  He muttered something about meddling Empaths and it made Sora laugh.  She clapped his shoulder and asked for a description of Link.  Shadow gave it to her and she sported a thoughtful look on her face at the end.  Unfortunately, that was when the bell rang.  The raven-haired Elf gave her a quick good-bye before bolting to the chorus room.  Luckily, Link, Zelda, and Ruto were waiting for him outside the room.  Shadow waved at them before the five left the classes area of the boarding school.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Notes
Yes, Shadow is a kleptomaniac.
Kaitou: Japanese for “phantom thief”.
Tomoshibi: Japanese for "light".
Yuki: Japanese for "snow".
Sorry for any repetitions. ^^;
If this is confusing, tell me and I’ll try my best to explain in the next chapter.
Also, this was done as a request for Lucy. ^^ I'll have another one up, but it'll be a one-shot only. >_>
Report Spam   Logged

"To love someone... It is not to shut one's eyes to the other, nor to block one's ears to the truth... To love one another... Is to walk through life together... Open your eyes, open your ears... Look at each other... and together seek the best path for the both of you." -Endrance, .hack//G.U. Reminisce

*Didn't draw the icon.  I don't know who did, but they're amazing and they deserve the credit.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

EHW
Addict

Hey, it's that prick EHW!

Seventh year Anniversary Search Sixth year Anniversary Level 5 Windows User
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 04:54:11 pm »

Woot! Someone actually dedicated something to me! That never happens - it's always without fail the other way around... ><"

Anyway, very nice story... though Eido is missing... Where is he?
Report Spam   Logged

Eido/ Eido Version 2/ Wraith/ Aidan - Credit to Zarean

Avatar courtesy of Zarean of Aisenfield/ miha-mimiko-kyattuha of deviantART.com.

Personal Text edited by EHW - so no-one need take offence or blame.
America
And I'll be the hero!
Resident

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 06:04:14 pm »

Tongue You'll probably see him later. XD Zephyr, too, if you'll let him. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

"To love someone... It is not to shut one's eyes to the other, nor to block one's ears to the truth... To love one another... Is to walk through life together... Open your eyes, open your ears... Look at each other... and together seek the best path for the both of you." -Endrance, .hack//G.U. Reminisce

*Didn't draw the icon.  I don't know who did, but they're amazing and they deserve the credit.
EHW
Addict

Hey, it's that prick EHW!

Seventh year Anniversary Search Sixth year Anniversary Level 5 Windows User
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 03:08:46 am »

ALL of my characters are open to being used, but Vaati fits in best in the story, as he's based completely off an existing LoZ character...
Report Spam   Logged

Eido/ Eido Version 2/ Wraith/ Aidan - Credit to Zarean

Avatar courtesy of Zarean of Aisenfield/ miha-mimiko-kyattuha of deviantART.com.

Personal Text edited by EHW - so no-one need take offence or blame.
Kageito
Number XV - The Howling Symphony
Resident

Forever a WoWfag

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2008, 03:38:10 am »

I like it, Ryu, you're good^^
Report Spam   Logged

I claim LotR, the Wheel of Time and WoW, Absol, Banette and Arcanine, Blaze the Cat, the Hookshot and Ocarina of Time from LoZ and The Lion King.

I hope to be more active on the RP front, guys, especially now that Crimson's back. :T
Hit me up for a talk if you've missed me or something crazy like that. And I might open an art thread once I get my tablet.
America
And I'll be the hero!
Resident

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2008, 08:57:43 am »

Thanks. ^^ Hopefully there will be some humor. >_>;; I'm still working on chapter two, but I've hit a slight wall. ^^;
Report Spam   Logged

Kageito
Number XV - The Howling Symphony
Resident

Forever a WoWfag

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2008, 11:52:23 pm »

Everybody hits a wall every now and then X.X and that really hurts! Lol, I have that too when writing for my story, you know. Don't sweat, take it easy and things roll out, but you already knew that, I assume, as my advice sucks^^;
Report Spam   Logged

I claim LotR, the Wheel of Time and WoW, Absol, Banette and Arcanine, Blaze the Cat, the Hookshot and Ocarina of Time from LoZ and The Lion King.

I hope to be more active on the RP front, guys, especially now that Crimson's back. :T
Hit me up for a talk if you've missed me or something crazy like that. And I might open an art thread once I get my tablet.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum