Aisenfield
March 29, 2024, 07:21:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Sometimes when I get mad, I kill people...

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Dawn/Dusk (Private RP: Kenta, Terak, Picard & Tyren)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dawn/Dusk (Private RP: Kenta, Terak, Picard & Tyren)  (Read 2196 times)
Terak
Occassional Appearer-After-Long-Spans-of-Time
Global Moderator
Resident

Possibly a Ghost

Badges: (View All)
Level 6 Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Linux User
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2008, 07:30:55 pm »

Time to bring this RPG to the end. Sorry Picard, but an encounter like this is over my head. I can't control something of Zarathustra or Issachar's aptitude. I think that's your job. My contribution to this will be small.

He should have been dead. At first that had been the only thought Terak was really aware of, as they had entered the room of Wilhelm. It had been on his mind even as Wilhelm had been speaking, as though his dazed thoughts had seized control of his judgment. Shouldn't he be dead now? After all of this effort and pain, and the energy required to even keep up with these enemies, he should have been burned out like an insect in a fire. He had given it his all, and still had not amounted to anything more than what anyone else in this brigade had demonstrated. And yet now that he still stood here, still surrounded by people he didn't even know, now facing the ultimate weapon that was the key to ensuring the universe's condemning; Zarathustra. He felt weary and lightheaded. Though his body had been protected by the Eternal Soul spell and then healed by the powers of Sabriel, his battle adrenaline had not returned to him yet.

He was almost surprised when he saw the casual smile on his mentor's face, though his puzzlement didn't last long. The fierce warrior that had been blazing in Jaden's expression before had left without a trace. Truthfully, from the lighthearted air around him, he looked almost happy to be here. Terak wondered if the sage had already determined who would emerge the winner of this battle. Perhaps he had seen their future already, and was content to follow it through. Or maybe he was content to simply be here, as part of the final test for everyone's freedom. After all, what did it matter what happened to them from here? They had reached their final encounter. No amount of failure would matter now, other than if they succeeded now or  had to go through the same trials to get here again. It then began to dawn on Terak; this was the end of their road. All of the work they had done in the past, everything that they had suffered, had been to arrive at this moment. There was nothing to fear; all that remained for him was to give everything he had left.

And so, at some point later, after turns had been taken, Jaden turned to him, and gave a small wink. He then shot into the fray just as the most recent trio fell in defeat. All the while, as he twisted and avoided attacks while lashing out once again with his twin blades, Terak could see the content look on his mentor's gaze, while he himself blinked silently. The look Jaden had given him was that of an invitation, as if requesting him to join in a fun game. As he looked around wildly to keep up with the lone challenger's movements, his gaze suddenly met with a pair of brown eyes that were Kenta's. Suddenly, the huge tension that had been strangling him on the inside lifted, and he felt a warm glow replace it. When he saw the request for permission in Kenta's expression, he nodded, and he saw the corner of the spectrum swordman's mouth curve up. Then, with identical movements, they both burst towards the giant form of Zarathustra with the streamblade and Songale singing in the air. Terak felt no trouble in controlling his movements as he maneuvered, or any fear of what would probably happen to him. Instead, all he felt was a great relief, like a spring being uncoiled. The strain was no longer there. He couldn't even feel pain. Was he injured? Had they dealt any damage? Who would be the first to fall? He didn't know, yet for some reason, it didn't matter. Not anymore.

Here they were. This was the end. Terak smiled.
Report Spam   Logged
Picard
Tamamo-no-Mae
Administrator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Beyond the Horizon

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Level 7 Linux User
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2008, 12:04:28 am »

I originally wanted to have a three-part series, and then it reduced to two, but I’ll have to leave it at one here. After this, my role playing career comes to an end and I’ll say good-bye to Picard when Beriohtarion’s Past is over, or perhaps this is just the beginning of something new. Who knows? It has been an enjoyable experience playing with the two of you. I thank both of you for not giving up this role play over the course of nearly a year.
=====================================================

The mechanical auric god was highly resilient to their assaults, but none of its strikes made their mark upon its adversaries, for Issachar’s interference shielded the protagonists from harm. The tiny little figures of the warriors went at Zarathustra relentlessly, releasing giant sparks and deafening booms with their skills, giving everything they had for the tiniest glimmer of hope of saving their world, to defy fate, to deny their destiny, to carve a future for themselves, for within every single one of them lay dormant the limitless power of free will. The final battle for survival weighted immensely heavy on their small frames, but the atmosphere was anything but grim. There was lightness in their hearts, crystal clarity in their minds, and each of their hits blended with one another like poetry, flowing together harmoniously. It was as though they had already won. Or rather, as though it was impossible to lose the fight.

Ribbons of scarlet dripped down the steps to the Compass of Order and Chaos, which wheeled uncontrollably and eventually broke down, crashing inwards upon it. Wilhelm observed the war quietly as he stood stoically while the Beriohtarion drained his strength, unperturbed by his diminishing power. The latter, however, strained with the effort of containing such unimaginable might, bleeding from his eyes, sinus and mouth. Picard freed some of his burden by directing the newfound energy towards the immobile Zarathustra, but even then the intake was higher than the output. He eyed Leucist, who was smiling at him. For some reason, he felt reassured. Death was not an option today.

A rush of determination flowed into his veins as he returned his focus to Wilhelm, his lilac irises burning with resolve. He smirked. “Checkmate.”

The Azure Overlord exploded into a blinding brilliance similar to Yeshua, and their auras resonated in each other’s presence, linking together, merging as one. The failsafe was complete. There was no pain, no sadness, no anger, no hatred, nothing. He felt empty in his heart, but at the same time, complete. As he lifted his eyelids, he found himself in a world of utter nothingness. A figure materialized before him. Ellis. She was smiling beautifully, her face brimming with happiness upon their reunion. Picard stepped towards her, taking her by her hands. He felt warmth, and then, joy. He looked to his side as Leucist appeared. The time traveler begun soothingly, “The best Azure magic derives its strength from the strongest emotion. Love, Picard, not sorrow.”

Picard nodded. “Leucist, I know you, don’t I? Since the first time we met, I know you.”

“I am you,” replied the Immaculate Arbitrator with a grin. “Your future. That is why you could never defeat me. I am always a step ahead of you.”

“Picard, are you prepared to go back?” asked Ellis, gazing up at his pupils. “Let’s return, together.”

The blank dimension disappeared, and the Azurian prince woke from his trance. He cast a quick glance at Leucist, and understood. He thought of those he loved, allowing them to fill his heart: Sabriel, and her unrequited love for him. Lenneth, and her unfaltering confidence in him. Sophia, her courage guiding him back from darkness. Shekinah and Dizzy, who forgave him for his sins. Angel, who he had loved so much but never confessed his feelings to. Arturia, teaching him how to love again, how to live with an open heart. Ellis, his first love. His father, who was a role model to him. His deceased mother, shielding him from evil hearsay in his youth. Lirael, who had looked up to him as a child. Hydros, his brother who gave assistance whenever he asked for aid. Issachar, accompanying him even in the darkest of hours with a smile. Balmung, stern but devoted, his sword always ready to serve. Aetheral, rash and hot-headed, but ever so fiercely loyal. Fou-Lu, silent and robust, their friendship forever strong. Ramirez, providing him with laughter. Tyren, who stood by him even in death. Raising his free arm, he bellowed, “Genesis of the Azure!”

Picard could hear Leucist and Boreas yelling the same words below, as well as the cries of his comrades, unleashing everything they had left in them for the final strike. Sophia’s runic eye burst with crimson radiance. Sabriel forced the last reserves of her strength to an immense beam of light. Lenneth conjured a gargantuan spear out of thin air, tossing it at the machine. The Sun God shouted the name of his Elite Magic. Fou-Lu summoned the power of the Dragon God, a vermillion wave plummeting towards the Zarathustra. Ramirez hurled his most beloved rapier into the heart of the mech, striking deep into the crystal Dios. KOS-MOS fired a ball of cerulean at the crystal as well, combining with the nosferatu’s attack to shatter the wounded artifact. Arturia’s Excalibur was sheathed, rendering her fully invincible as she let loose an all-consuming explosion of gold. Caster and Iselia used their strongest magic in their arsenal. Issachar flung himself towards his enemy, crackling deafeningly as he collided. There was so much movement, so much energy that the room was washed away in its intensity.

There was an ear-piercing shriek, and Zarathustra collapsed, vanishing into a stream of auroras. The warriors had done it. The Eternal Recurrence can no longer occur. They shifted their attention to Wilhelm, whose figure became spectral. His feet had already faded away. The superior entity nodded. “You won, and I lost. The Creator is overthrown by his Creations. No doubt the others who administrate this world would be aggravated by the rebellion.”

“There’s more?” asked Aetheral, dumbstruck.

Wilhelm nodded. “Emphericulum is no longer in our hands. It belongs to you now. I will isolate this universe from them, such that we, the superior entities, can no long interfere with it. The future rests in your hands. Whether the eventual destruction of the system occurs or not, I trust that your descendents will find a way to prevent it. Yeshua… I suppose this is goodbye.”

Issachar gazed at him. “Farewell, my old friend.”

As Wilhelm disappeared, the world changed before their very eyes. Suddenly, they found themselves in the courtyard of the Azure palace. Hitoshura was there as well, worn out but otherwise alive. The demi-fiend looked confused. “You… succeeded?”

“Looks like we did,” answered Cupido, grinning widely. Behind him, Aetheral screamed in elation, thrusting his fist into the air. The rest of them followed suit, cheering and shouting for their victory. Sabriel ran past the crowd to embrace Picard, sobbing loudly and muttering incomprehensibly. The elf smiled, hugging her back. Ramirez wolf-whistled upon the sight, but the couple seemed not to care. Those who had not participated in the battle emerged to inspect the sudden din, and as they learned of the news, they added to the racket too. People brought bottles of wine and barrels of beer out from the basement, launching the corks of the sealed alcohols into the air as they popped open the drinks. Most of the warriors were much too exhausted to join in, but they still did regardless, trying to keep up with the bustling energy of the celebration. Their tears and sweat soon became lost in the splashing of drinks as they smashed their mugs together, and their songs and stories of their valor lasted till late into the night.

The following day, after the warriors had cleaned themselves from the party, they bode farewell to each other as their paths separated, some still traveling together to another destination, others leaving by themselves. No one saw Leucist, May, Cupido, KOS-MOS or Issachar in the morning, as though they had never existed. However, Picard could still feel Ellis’s presence in his heart, as well as Issachar’s laughter. He stood at the rooftop of the palace, watching his allies part ways, returning back to their own lives. It was finally over. The Azure Knight sighed, staring at the azure sky. He had been involved in wars, went on numerous adventures, but this one felt different. He now knew the truth of this universe, and that there are many other worlds out there, many other entities he did not know. Moreover, Wilhelm’s power now resided within him, and it somehow decolorized him. His hair was now pure white, as well as his irises, much like Leucist. He wondered when he would put down his current life, and become Leucist himself. There were still so many things he was ignorant of.

Several months passed after the Eternal Recurrence war, as it had been named in history books. Picard decided to place down his sword and to live with his loved ones. That was the final phase of the ultimate swordsmanship, the absence of sword in heart and hand, to be at peace with the world. There was no longer the need to fight. Boreas had stepped down as king, and Picard had now taken the throne, as well as married to Sabriel, Lenneth and Sophia. Today, he paid a visit to Aisenfield, lazing in its beauty and gentle wind. It was easy to lose track of time here, something an immortal like him loved to do. The daffodils waved to and fro soporifically, gleaming under the warm rays of the sun. Then, something black obscured the view. Puzzled, he looked up. He nearly jumped when he saw who it was. “Wilhelm!”

“Nice to see you again too, Picard,” greeted the Übermensch courteously.

“What are you doing here?” inquired the elf, composing himself. “Didn’t you say superior entities can no longer enter?”

Wilhelm nodded. “I am a duplicate of the actual Wilhelm, a mere program, not the being himself. You could say that he and I are different beings, just very alike in looks and personality. I have come just to take a look at my daughter and you. How have you been?”

“Spectacular. Sabriel’s pregnant, so I could not leave home much. She and I are busy discussing the name for our child, too. I never realized how troublesome kingdom affairs are. I still have much to learn from my father. …Speaking of which, there are some questions I wanted to ask you, Wilhelm. How did Ellis come to see me again? Where is Issachar? Isn’t he part of this system? And about Tabris… He was one of the Übermenschs, but I never saw him since the fight at Olympus. What happened?” shot Picard curiously.

Wilhelm raised his hand to ask for silence. “First, Ellis. She is my replacement, so to speak. I gave you a chance to defeat me, for my creations to become the masters of the system. I originally proposed to the other administrators for Emphericulum to be left alone, for my creations are becoming individuals, like my race, but they rejected the idea as preposterous. Thus, I began this plan for my creations to break free of the Eternal Recurrence by their own power. Nevertheless, leaving this universe alone will eventually lead to bugs and glitches, as you have seen in the malfunctioning gods. I created Ellis to look after this universe once I am gone, but I needed her to understand personally about those she would have to take care of. Thus, she would live her first live as a mortal, the second as the goddess of this universe. Once she was killed by Ghaleon, she became this universe’s administrator. Being able to relate to your people, she would do a better job than any of us administrators outside of the Emphericulum, and I can put my worries at ease as well.

Yeshua, or Issachar as you so affectionately call him, is indeed part of this system. He is no longer bound to his human form, but as the limitless energy of the failsafe. I trust that he has learned how to effectively use his powers for the greater good. Him and Ellis will look after my creations. Tabris, as you have asked about, was the Angel of Free Will. He became corrupted as I started to interfere with the world in an attempt to bring about the Eternal Recurrence. He was an exceptionally strong angel, one that I still had some control over, so I decided to use him to lead you to me, to give you the strength to defeat me. He was no more the moment Yeshua decided to fight back against Joshua, for Yeshua severed the link between Tabris and me.”

“What about the gods? Are they… fixed?”

“Rest assured. Ellis had looked to it before I did. They are all restored to their original conditions,” replied Wilhelm. “Oh, and that reminds me. I have a gift for you, Picard. I am sure you’ll like it.”

Picard raised his eyebrows. “A gift?”

“I have checked with the system. Today is your birthday. Then again, you may have forgotten, since you so often lose track of time. I am sure this would make up for all the few hundred birthdays you may have missed,” explained Ellis’s father. “This will be the last time we meet, for I cannot sustain this form any longer. This may sound ironic, but… take good care of Ellis. Godspeed, Picard.”

Before the Beriohtarion could say his goodbye, Wilhelm disappeared. He glanced around, half anticipating the present, half wondering where it was. After an hour of waiting, he finally gave up, falling back to the ground to sleep.

“Picard, wake up.”

The king did not know how long he had slept, but when he opened his eyes, the sky was already an indigo hue. He was greeted with a familiar face, one that he knew too well. So this was the present. “Welcome back, Tyren.”

The Ultima Lord nodded. “It’s been a while. Looks like hell spat me back out.”

However, he was not the only gift. As Picard stood up, he found himself in the presence of more of his friends. Adelisa Hannasiel, who had been cut down by Ghaleon. Samanosuke, donned in his traditional samurai armor, smiling coolly back at him. Valiente Valentine, Obsidian’s sister, the princess of Symphonia, who was killed by a berserk Sabriel. Old friends who had died of unnatural courses had been resurrected as Übermenschs, much like Sophia. The Azure King glanced up at the starlit sky, thanking Wilhelm silently in his mind. Then, he returned to his friends. “Come with me, everyone. There’s so much I want to tell all of you about.”

The End
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum