Aisenfield
March 29, 2024, 06:10:58 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 99 souls, Captain. Seven-- WAIT, that's not right... Err... THREE days!

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Fate/Stay/Zero: Custom Servant Heroes

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fate/Stay/Zero: Custom Servant Heroes  (Read 316 times)
Kenta.....
Fallible Human Being
Esteemed Members
Resident

Emotionally Retarded

Badges: (View All)
Linux User Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Mobile User
« on: September 15, 2015, 07:37:54 pm »

Hey.  I know I'm a specter around here, but this has been on my mind for a while now, and I didn't know where else to put it.  So, I've been going through a Fate/Insert-Word-Here phase, and I was thinking about potential heroes that Type-Moon never ended up using.  In a fun little exercise, I decided to dream up my own little Holy Grail War servant cast.  It goes as such:

Saber: Masamune.  I know, he was a master sword craftsman, not a warrior, but it would be freaking awesome to have a dude with a seven-foot-long sword as a Saber for the war.  Better yet, he'd have a most fitting rival in this war, which is further down.
Lancer: Bercilak de Hautdesert, better known as the Green Knight.  In the Arthurian legend, he was best known for his decapitating axe, but I was thinking it could be one of those double Noble Phantasm deals.  That, or it could be a halberd that's half axe, half lance.
Archer: David of Judah.  Again, he wasn't famous for a bow, but rather, a sling, which he used to take down a giant in the Bible.  He also had a thing for beating overwhelming odds in war, so I was thinking his title could be King of Tacticians.
Rider: Odysseus.  Maybe I overlooked his name in the Fate Wiki, but I couldn't find it in there, and I couldn't believe he wasn't mentioned.  If ever there was a hero fit to have a Reality Marble, it's him, because he could turn every monster he ever evaded upon his foes, while his ship remained a safe haven.
Caster: Merlin.  Again, I couldn't believe how many Arthurian legend characters showed up in the Fate Wiki, while Merlin the wizard got left out.  I mean, he's THE caster, if ever there was one.  Seriously, he'd be the Gilgamesh of the Caster class.
Assassin: Shinta, better known as Battousai the Manslayer.  I was extremely biased about this decision, although I did seriously consider Altair from Assassin's Creed.  Ruroni Kenshin is historical fiction, meaning that if Type-Moon had the rights, Shinta would've made the game's best Assassin.
Berserker: Samson (another Bible reference).  This was probably my most difficult and poorly-thought-out choice, but Samson was famous for his strength, and he did go crazy with killing Philistines with a donkey's jawbone.  A thousand dudes down in one go is no small feat.
Parallel Saber: Muramasa.  C'mon, you can't have Masamune without Muramasa.  It's like, one of the greatest good sword vs evil sword stories never told.  The struggle of pride and ideals between the two master swordsmiths would make for an epic climax at the end of this never-to-be series.

Boy, I'm glad that's off my chest.  I know I didn't go into quite as much detail as I could have, but I probably would've if I'd waited a few more weeks.  Anyway, for what it's worth, there you go.  Berserker would probably get taken down first, followed by Lancer, Caster, Assassin, Rider, Archer, and Parallel Saber.  This is on their own, though- it could be totally different, depending on the Masters involved.
Report Spam   Logged

Recently discovered Pathfinder (modern D&D). Thanks for introducing me to the concepts all those years ago.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

CM
ovelrord
Resident

Search Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Linux User
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 04:56:44 pm »

hi kenta how's continued subjective existence treatin' ya
Report Spam   Logged

pıɐs ǝɥs 'ɟɹɐ

suıɐɯop ʇuǝıqɯɐ ʎןɥbıɥ ɹǝɥʇo puɐ ǝɔuɐuosǝɹ ɔıʇɐɯoɹɥɔuɐd pǝssǝɹdǝp-ןɐpǝd uı ɹoıʌɐɥǝq uosɹǝd-ʇɹoɥs ɟo ǝɔuɐɔıɟıubıs ǝɥʇ pǝɹǝpuod 'uoıʇɐɔıɟıpoɯ ɹǝɥʇɹnɟ ǝuobɹǝpun buıʌɐɥ 'bop ɐ 'uʎןǝʌǝ
Kenta.....
Fallible Human Being
Esteemed Members
Resident

Emotionally Retarded

Linux User Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 07:53:38 pm »

It's okay.  I guess.  *Shrugs*  Glad to see you showing interest.  I didn't know you were a Fate/Stay fan.
Report Spam   Logged

Recently discovered Pathfinder (modern D&D). Thanks for introducing me to the concepts all those years ago.
Picard
Tamamo-no-Mae
Administrator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Beyond the Horizon

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Level 7 Linux User
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2015, 10:26:39 am »

Hey Kenta, you're always welcome to post here to let things off your chest. There aren't a lot of us left here, and many of us get kinda busy to read things, but feel free to write anything you want here.

That aside, as a TYPEMOON and Fate fan, I'm inclined to comment.

Saber: Masamune.  I know, he was a master sword craftsman, not a warrior, but it would be freaking awesome to have a dude with a seven-foot-long sword as a Saber for the war.  Better yet, he'd have a most fitting rival in this war, which is further down.

I don't think you'd have to worry about Masamune not being an actual warrior when the derivative but official Fate works feature characters who can't fight in real life to become Servants, such as William Shakespeare. Masamune would be an interesting Saber, but being a craftsman reminds me of Emiya's Unlimited Blade Works and Trace abilities already, which would feel like a bit of an overlap.

Lancer: Bercilak de Hautdesert, better known as the Green Knight.  In the Arthurian legend, he was best known for his decapitating axe, but I was thinking it could be one of those double Noble Phantasm deals.  That, or it could be a halberd that's half axe, half lance.

Pretty cool idea. Nasu's a huge fan of Arthurian legend, as can be seen by his ever expanding Arthurian cast in the other Fate materials. Bercilak wouldn't come as a surprise to me if he did add him in Fate/Grand Order.

Archer: David of Judah.  Again, he wasn't famous for a bow, but rather, a sling, which he used to take down a giant in the Bible.  He also had a thing for beating overwhelming odds in war, so I was thinking his title could be King of Tacticians.

David was actually conceptualized to appear in the then-supposed-to-be-MMO-but-later-turned-novel Fate/Apocrypha. There were even character designs made for him. He was later picked to appear in the mobile game Fate/Grand Order.

http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/David

Rider: Odysseus.  Maybe I overlooked his name in the Fate Wiki, but I couldn't find it in there, and I couldn't believe he wasn't mentioned.  If ever there was a hero fit to have a Reality Marble, it's him, because he could turn every monster he ever evaded upon his foes, while his ship remained a safe haven.

Odysseus would've been an interesting Servant to have. Another Rider from Fate/Extra, Francis Drake, has a Noble Phantasm which summoned her (yes, her) ship to fire cannons upon her enemies.

Caster: Merlin.  Again, I couldn't believe how many Arthurian legend characters showed up in the Fate Wiki, while Merlin the wizard got left out.  I mean, he's THE caster, if ever there was one.  Seriously, he'd be the Gilgamesh of the Caster class.

Merlin is actually in the wiki. I know you're not a hardcore fan of TYPE-MOON or Fate works, so I won't blame you for not knowing.

http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Merlin

He appears in the light novel 'Garden of Avalon', and he is indeed very powerful. He's basically the greatest mage there is.

Assassin: Shinta, better known as Battousai the Manslayer.  I was extremely biased about this decision, although I did seriously consider Altair from Assassin's Creed.  Ruroni Kenshin is historical fiction, meaning that if Type-Moon had the rights, Shinta would've made the game's best Assassin.

Well, no comments there.

Berserker: Samson (another Bible reference).  This was probably my most difficult and poorly-thought-out choice, but Samson was famous for his strength, and he did go crazy with killing Philistines with a donkey's jawbone.  A thousand dudes down in one go is no small feat.

Samson would be an interesting choice to have. There's Spartacus in Fate/Apocrypha, which is pretty cool, I guess.
http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Berserker_of_Red

Parallel Saber: Muramasa.  C'mon, you can't have Masamune without Muramasa.  It's like, one of the greatest good sword vs evil sword stories never told.  The struggle of pride and ideals between the two master swordsmiths would make for an epic climax at the end of this never-to-be series.

Naturally! Muramasa and Masamune has to go together.

Boy, I'm glad that's off my chest.  I know I didn't go into quite as much detail as I could have, but I probably would've if I'd waited a few more weeks.  Anyway, for what it's worth, there you go.  Berserker would probably get taken down first, followed by Lancer, Caster, Assassin, Rider, Archer, and Parallel Saber.  This is on their own, though- it could be totally different, depending on the Masters involved.

Masters usually tend to cause a huge difference in the war, so it's really hard to tell. Their leadership skills, wit, ability to adapt and think on their feet could make or break a battle, even if it's very one-sided.

Anyway, that's all from me. Good to see you again.
Report Spam   Logged

CM
ovelrord
Resident

Search Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Linux User
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2015, 08:11:16 am »

It's okay.  I guess.  *Shrugs*  Glad to see you showing interest.  I didn't know you were a Fate/Stay fan.
heh heh, well you know me, i'm the #1 Otaku around here
Report Spam   Logged

pıɐs ǝɥs 'ɟɹɐ

suıɐɯop ʇuǝıqɯɐ ʎןɥbıɥ ɹǝɥʇo puɐ ǝɔuɐuosǝɹ ɔıʇɐɯoɹɥɔuɐd pǝssǝɹdǝp-ןɐpǝd uı ɹoıʌɐɥǝq uosɹǝd-ʇɹoɥs ɟo ǝɔuɐɔıɟıubıs ǝɥʇ pǝɹǝpuod 'uoıʇɐɔıɟıpoɯ ɹǝɥʇɹnɟ ǝuobɹǝpun buıʌɐɥ 'bop ɐ 'uʎןǝʌǝ

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum