Aisenfield
April 19, 2024, 01:43:47 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: I think Master Chief is a pretty cool guy. Eh kills aleins and doesn't afreyd of anythign.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Dwimordene Discussion Thread

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dwimordene Discussion Thread  (Read 203 times)
EHW
Addict

Hey, it's that prick EHW!

Badges: (View All)
Seventh year Anniversary Search Sixth year Anniversary Level 5 Windows User
« on: February 18, 2014, 06:38:22 pm »

Okay, so I'm currently have a potential RP in the works. Normally I would just post it up and await to see if we got any hits for it, but I'm spending a good deal of time actually coming up with a proper system as opposed to merely making stuff up as I go along. It's an edited and dumbed down version of one of the easier "official" systems for roleplaying, so I thought it might work. The basis of the system is a d6, or a generic six-sided die. Well, several, but one can suffice.

As for the plot/ story/ hook etc., I'm heading towards something Castlevania-inspired and influenced, with helpings of other fictional tropes and ideas from different games and systems added into the mix. I would be the Gamemaster and wouldn't be playing along, and while it would work better with a group of players, it would work as a two person RP: Me playing the GM and the other playing a PC.

In theory, if the system is a success in this practice RP, I might use it more often on here. And of course people would be free to use it themselves for anything they have planned.

Would anyone be willing to play something like this if/ when I get around to posting it?

Oh, and it's a discussion thread as well, so feel free to fire questions or discuss bits and pieces.
Report Spam   Logged

Eido/ Eido Version 2/ Wraith/ Aidan - Credit to Zarean

Avatar courtesy of Zarean of Aisenfield/ miha-mimiko-kyattuha of deviantART.com.

Personal Text edited by EHW - so no-one need take offence or blame.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Picard
Tamamo-no-Mae
Administrator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Beyond the Horizon

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Level 7 Linux User
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 04:04:49 am »

I'm already involved in Kerberos as sort of a two-man RP with Tyren, and he takes an eternity to make a post. Still, I don't know if I'll have the time to participate in yours, given my increasing uni workload.
Report Spam   Logged

Doru
The Muffin Man
Elite

Bang!

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 08:43:10 am »

Well, I'd be willing to give it a shot though I'd prefer if I wasn't the only one participating. I'm not confident enough in my writing ability to be able to do it.. on my own.
Report Spam   Logged
EHW
Addict

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 08:35:57 am »

Well, to be honest, it's going to be less about your writing ability and more about your ability to explain actions and the like, as well as the ability to (potentially) work as a team. The main reason I've chosen to try to use an actual system, even if it is a custom system for this RP, is because it removes some of the pressure of needing to write detailed descriptions.

For example:

In a normal RP, you are asked to describe the scenes and your actions, as well as all the bad guys and NPCs while at the same time trying not to character control or play God with the RP.
In this RP, I'll describe the scene and the actions taken by bad guys and NPCs, and you just need to describe your own actions and thoughts. This means that I can get a solid idea of what needs doing, and hopefully we can progress without needing to constantly consult someone who started the RP but hasn't thought ahead while simultaneously running a GMPC.

I may also end up making "codex" entries as we progress, to explain various things such as religious orders, different enemies, magical artifacts and the like, if only to make it so that I stay on top of the plot while allowing me some creative process once its started.

I'll post my plot synopsis here as well, while I'm at it. I'm currently making sure the d6 system is sensible and not too underpowered or overpowered in terms of character creation and gameplay, so for now the only defined portion is the Plot summary.

Plot

Something dark has been lurking in the shadows of the world. Shadowed figures are spotted in graveyards, twisted horrors are seen outside towns, and blood has started to flow down the rivers. The darkness appears to be corrupting in nature, as certain places go quiet, then silent, and now appear to be ghost towns, with warped wood and cracked buildings, no denizens as far as eye-witnesses can tell. All that is known are whispers of a new lord who has taken residence in Poenari Castle, and word has spread that the area was among the first to be consumed by this darkness…

You are among several people who are planning to explore the area, for riches, glory or something more. Some of you are explorers who have been given commissions from the Esteemed Order of the Heldenhammer; some are priests of The Order; some are treasure-hunters and some are witch-hunters, but all are here to attempt to enter Poenari Castle…
Report Spam   Logged

Avatar courtesy of Zarean of Aisenfield/ miha-mimiko-kyattuha of deviantART.com.

Doru
The Muffin Man
Elite

Bang!

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 12:14:05 pm »

Ah so like a forum rp more or less right? Sounds more doable for me, I'll give it a shot. Now to get to creating a character for this....
Report Spam   Logged
EHW
Addict

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2014, 03:55:47 pm »

It's more of a tabletop RP, along the lines of D&D though much easier. Anyway, I'll get it posted up soon then so you can get a look at the rules and character creation.

EDIT: Have posted the RP in the Original Roleplays Sub-Forum. This is now the "official" Dwimordene Discussion Thread, and the title has been adjusted to show this. Feel free to use this topic to discuss ideas or attempt to convince me of different things.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum