Aisenfield
March 28, 2024, 07:35:24 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Every Friday is Hug a Hobo Day!

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Kerberos

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kerberos  (Read 1103 times)
Picard
Tamamo-no-Mae
Administrator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Beyond the Horizon

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Level 7 Linux User
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2015, 11:29:42 am »

[One week later]

Knock! Knock!

“Mana! Are you there? Let’s play Go!” Cerise rapped on the assassin’s door a few times enthusiastically, with the board game tucked beneath her other arm. When no one responded, she tried for the door knob, and was puzzled to find it unlocked. The redhead quietly peeked into the room with curiosity. Mana seemed to have gone out early in the morning without a word, which was unlike her, since she was not exactly a morning person. Moreover, she would usually inform one of them personally, and often it would be Cerise. Most of the easterner’s belongings were still lying around, so it was unlikely that she left for good. “That’s odd…”

The rebel in red stepped into Mana’s room. Lying on the work table was a scrap of paper, with something scribbled upon it messily. Cerise swiped it up for a close look, and with widening eyes she read aloud, “Wrapping up my job here with my sister. Do not look for me, too dangerous. I’ll be back to say my good-byes.”

“She’s insane! I get why she’s doing that, but…!” The redhead left the Go board on the table, and swiftly rushed out of the room to alert her comrades.

“You should try to lure her out, then. Make her come to you on your terms.”

Werner’s words stuck with Mana long after she had left that meeting, and it hung in her mind for many restless nights. She had to find a way to bait her sister out to meet her, but the animus-possessed sibling still had her wits and cunning about her. Unless the assassin compromised herself in some fashion, it was unlikely that Mizuki would come out at all. She would have to do something utterly foolish and death-seeking, something that would catch the attention of the animus.

Mana wandered into the cold and misty wilderness alone, far away from civilization. She had to do this alone, or her sister would not come. She pulled a bag of human blood of questionable origin out from her cloak, and splashed it all over the earth. Next, she uncorked a vial of powder from her utility belt, and sprinkled it on the bloodstains. This was enough preparation to bring her sister out in due time, thought Mana. To Mizuki, it would smell like Mana was injured, and attempted to treat herself with Yoitsun herbs.

However, Mizuki would not be the first to emerge from the white fog.  Low, guttural growls came from several directions at once, and the familiar howl of wind preceded the gathering of dark clouds around her. Four-legged beasts with glowing crimson eyes spawned from the obscuring smoke, scratching the ground with their razor sharp claws and cracking the air with their whip-like tails. The animus were here.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum