Aisenfield
March 28, 2024, 08:55:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Never forget the 2nd Rule. Or the 34th one.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Pokemon: Scorched Earth

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pokemon: Scorched Earth  (Read 1937 times)
EHW
Addict

Hey, it's that prick EHW!

Badges: (View All)
Seventh year Anniversary Search Sixth year Anniversary Level 5 Windows User
« on: October 29, 2013, 05:16:48 pm »

Okay, so I don't recall us ever really talking Pokemon hacks on Aisen, so this may or may not be a precedent. Regardless, I'd like to make a note on Pokemon: Scorched Earth. As far as hacks go, it's my favourite. It isn't the most difficult, or the most amazingly high-depth hack in the world. It is however, an example of a good balance of levelling, Pokemon availability and story-telling. More importantly, it's a hack themed for Nuzlockes, which IMO are often the best kinds of hack, because they are made by Nuzlockers, for Nuzlockers.

The creator, Cadbury, ran a playthrough of his hack side-by-side his development of it, and completed it a couple of patches prior to it's final release. He definitely had troubles along the way, and since he lost key party members but managed to complete it handily, to me it showed that it was difficult but doable, the best kind of hack. Most importantly, it isn't a total grind-fest like countless articles - the mean level of the E4 is 64 if you count all the Pokemon, same-leveled or not, in the parties of the E4. This is definitely favourable to say, Omega Emerald, which I believe had a sub-boss area in Victory Road pre-E4 of the eight original Hoenn gym leaders, albeit with party levels of 70~. Team Rocket Edition, for all its charm, is a definite grindfest for the E4, with levels reaching 100 there.

All in all, it's a fun hack, and the creator Nuzlocke is awesome too. I'll add the links below to both the Nuzlocke Playthrough topic and the hack topic. Give it a look, you might be interested in something different. ^^

Cadbury's Nuzlocke: Here

Scorched Earth Hack: Here
Report Spam   Logged

Eido/ Eido Version 2/ Wraith/ Aidan - Credit to Zarean

Avatar courtesy of Zarean of Aisenfield/ miha-mimiko-kyattuha of deviantART.com.

Personal Text edited by EHW - so no-one need take offence or blame.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum