Aisenfield
April 20, 2024, 02:26:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is madness!

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Bill S.978

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bill S.978  (Read 628 times)
Doru
The Muffin Man
Elite

Bang!

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts
« on: July 04, 2011, 01:31:14 am »

So I found out about this a couple of days ago but didn't really look into it because I was really sleepy at the time but there's a new bill (in the US) that's being considered called Bill S.978 that is suppose to prevent people from uploading/streaming video of copyrighted material. It's intended to stop the uploading episodes of tv shows, movies etc. but will also affect gameplay uploads, let's plays, reviews, people doing karaoke... well just watch these videos, reading this back to myself I can tell I'm not doing a good job of explaining but they do

Links talked about in the video:

http://act.demandprogress.org/letter/ten_strikes?akid=700.450896.5hVZPC&rd=1&t=1

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=s112-978 (The bill itself to read)

http://shoryuken.com/2011/06/29/trolling-the-stream-by-ultradavid/ (The blog post)

(The other video that explains more)
^lol at 9:07^

So what do you guys think? This to me, as an avid review/let's play watcher, does sound serious if the bill doesn't get re-worded  Sad

EDIT: Oh by the way, I'm not sure if I posted this in the right section....
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Picard
Tamamo-no-Mae
Administrator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Beyond the Horizon

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Level 7 Linux User
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 01:36:54 am »

Report Spam   Logged

Doru
The Muffin Man
Elite

Bang!

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 01:47:57 am »

pwned

we'll just have to wait and see I guess, it's a lawyers/gamers word against this guys
Report Spam   Logged
CM
ovelrord
Resident

Search Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Linux User
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 01:44:42 pm »

jesus damn, that first video makes me wanna play aria of sorrow so bad
Report Spam   Logged

pıɐs ǝɥs 'ɟɹɐ

suıɐɯop ʇuǝıqɯɐ ʎןɥbıɥ ɹǝɥʇo puɐ ǝɔuɐuosǝɹ ɔıʇɐɯoɹɥɔuɐd pǝssǝɹdǝp-ןɐpǝd uı ɹoıʌɐɥǝq uosɹǝd-ʇɹoɥs ɟo ǝɔuɐɔıɟıubıs ǝɥʇ pǝɹǝpuod 'uoıʇɐɔıɟıpoɯ ɹǝɥʇɹnɟ ǝuobɹǝpun buıʌɐɥ 'bop ɐ 'uʎןǝʌǝ

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum