Aisenfield
March 29, 2024, 05:51:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Aisenfield: Where all your dreams come tru--PFFFT AHAHAHAHAH!!! I'm sorry I couldn't finish tha--HAHAAHA!!

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Next-Gen Consoles

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Next-Gen Consoles  (Read 1052 times)
Picard
Tamamo-no-Mae
Administrator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Beyond the Horizon

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Level 7 Linux User
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2013, 09:09:52 pm »

Man, I want a WiiU so badly. I'm getting a PS4, though. Never played a single SSB game before anyway.

Some of you could say, "Why don't you get a 3DS instead?" IT'S NOT THE SAME PLAYING SSB ON THE 3DS DAMMIT.

Also, Animal Crossing's Villager and Wii Fit Trainer. Color me confused on the latter.
Report Spam   Logged

XeroZega
Grim Reaper
Overlord

Aisenfielder #7: Lord of Lightining.

Windows User Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Search
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2013, 12:57:47 am »

I will be getting PS4 and WiiU.

WiiU this year probably so I can get:
Mario Kart 8
DKC2
Super Mario 3D World
Bayonetta 2
SSBU
Wonderful 101
X

I'll get PS4 next year probably after more games come out. But damn FFXV and KH3 sold me one. Though I was going to inevitably get one anyway. I'm struggling on not getting it at launch cause I want inFAMOUS terribly.
Report Spam   Logged

This member has been declared amazingly awesome.
Doru
The Muffin Man
Elite

Bang!

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2013, 12:24:46 pm »

Lucky for you infamous doesn't drop till 2014.... As do most of the good wii u games....
Report Spam   Logged
Picard
Tamamo-no-Mae
Administrator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Beyond the Horizon

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Level 7 Linux User
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2013, 09:17:48 pm »

I'll wait for the games to come out first.
Report Spam   Logged

EHW
Addict

Hey, it's that prick EHW!

Seventh year Anniversary Search Sixth year Anniversary Level 5 Windows User
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2013, 08:26:14 am »

The only games that look worth a damn currently in my book are Destiny and Watch Dogs. That said, that's because I currently have a 360 and if I want next-gen, I really can't afford to buy a PS3 to play the other releases. Though a friend of mine has The Last of Us - looks awesome. You guys will probably enjoy it.

I'm damn glad that Megaman, one of the few characters to really put Nintendo on the map, is finally making a debut for SSB4. I know he's third-party but I always felt that if they (Nintendo) could be bothered to ask Capcom, they'd have been able to use the Blue Bomber.
Report Spam   Logged

Eido/ Eido Version 2/ Wraith/ Aidan - Credit to Zarean

Avatar courtesy of Zarean of Aisenfield/ miha-mimiko-kyattuha of deviantART.com.

Personal Text edited by EHW - so no-one need take offence or blame.
Weirdo
Elite

Level 6 Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Search Apple User
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2013, 10:41:10 am »

Oh is Watch Dogs gonna be for the PS4? Damn I was hoping it'd be for the PS3.
Report Spam   Logged

Shameless self promotion : Any Last Words
EHW
Addict

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2013, 01:01:54 pm »

Watch Dogs is, in theory, for 360, XBone, PS3 and PS4 as far as consoles go. According to the trailers I've seen thus far.
Report Spam   Logged

Avatar courtesy of Zarean of Aisenfield/ miha-mimiko-kyattuha of deviantART.com.

Doru
The Muffin Man
Elite

Bang!

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2013, 01:09:04 pm »

Yeah that's what I've heard too. The one that was running on the ps4 looked lovely,not getting it until I pick up a ps4. Didn't like the order 1886 or infamous SS EHW?
Report Spam   Logged
EHW
Addict

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2013, 06:36:49 pm »

inFamous isn't really something which grips my attention - same goes for Kingdom Hearts. More power to the people who like 'em, but I just couldn't care less if a sequel happened or if the series was scrapped. As for The Order 1886... I've finally seen a trailer for it (hadn't done so earlier). It looks pretty damn good, but it'll be a case of maintaining that awesome look as it gets nearer to release.

I also like the look of DA3, and considering that DA2 was a f*ck-up, my wishful thinking is that we've seen the black sheep and that DA3 won't be a terrible finale like ME3. That said, it is Bioware/ EA so anything is possible. I wouldn't have put money on ME3 failing to have a conclusive ending, though failing to meet expectations felt like a strong bet.

One of the last games I'm seriously worked up about, and we know next to nothing about it, is Fallout 4. Because it's, you know, Fallout, and the dystopian society caused by the apocalypse just appeals to me so much more than Skyrim ever did. Though that's partly because I felt I had to enjoy Skyrim because I enjoyed Oblivion.

I dunno - gaming isn't what it used to be. I used to be able to get hyped up about a dozen titles a year minimum, but what with how things have changed, and I just don't care as much anymore. I half-expect the promises of the developers to be broken by a shoddy pre-patched version of the game, and it just sucks ****. That coupled with the lack of decent games have really been a downer.

I admittedly don't know much about the generations prior to the N64/ PS1/ Dreamcast era, because I was an early 90s kid and am an oldest child, therefore gaming started for me in the dawn of the new millennium. Anyway, my point is that Wind Waker, one of my favourite games of all-time and probably the only game I know which just looks and feels better with age... well, WW was shipped out completed. It couldn't be patched up so all the bugs had to be taken out during development, not after I got the game. While I'm still finding bugs in so-called gems such as ME3 and Borderlands 2. Heck, I had to download some new patches for Overlord 1 & 2 recently - even though the second game is now 4 years old and therefore shouldn't need patching to remove bugs anymore! The first game I believe was an '07 release, so six years on and it still needs patching? Either it's a simple update patch to go with the times, or something is seriously wrong with the content.

My final thought is just how let down I am by the broken promises. Brink, anyone remember that? Scrappy little third-party shooter, supposed to revolutionise shooter-mechanics. Just felt like a more parkour version of TF2, and that's a very big compliment that it can't really back up. SWTOR was supposed to be the new MMO and it tanked majorly. ME3 was... well, ME3. Skyrim feels somewhat... empty, for something supposedly built to much higher standards against Oblivion. And so on and so forth. Still, hopefully that's because the current generation is two years past expiry date, and we'll see some nice titles fly onto and then off the shelves in the near future.
Report Spam   Logged

Picard
Tamamo-no-Mae
Administrator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Beyond the Horizon

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2013, 09:54:33 pm »

If only you can play The Last of Us. It delivered far more than I expected it to, and it made me believe that new games can still surpass my expectations.
Report Spam   Logged

EHW
Addict

« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2013, 05:24:22 am »

I've seen more from watching my friend - it DOES look really good, so I'll give credit where credit is due. It never helps when you are using the sub-optimal system due to it getting "more" games though, which is part of the reason for my possession of a 360. My faith is still there, and the outing of TLoU has buffed it again.
Report Spam   Logged

Picard
Tamamo-no-Mae
Administrator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Beyond the Horizon

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2013, 08:29:47 am »

I dunno about you, but I get my consoles based on my preference for game genres. I got PS3 for role-playing games, mostly, since at the time I knew that Final Fantasy XIII would be on it, along with one or two 'Tales of' games, Eternal Sonata, Resonance of Fate and such. Now that KH1.5, FFXHD and Tales of Symphonia 1&2 Remake are coming out, I have more reasons to play with my PS3. I admit, the PS3 didn't have a very strong start, but it's doing pretty well now. Having free online service helped, too, since I used to use my PS3's web browser to watch Youtube videos before they released the Youtube app (which I use daily now). PS4 may have paid online subscription, but it's only for multiplayer games (that do not include free MMOs such as Planetside and Warframe), so those other services like Netflix and, if it's still there, the Youtube app. But I digress.

It's a whole different matter playing the game as opposed to watching it, to be honest. Scavenging for resources and ammo and figuring out puzzles are part of the charm, along with the sneaking (with much trepidation) past clickers (zombies) and hunters (humans).
Report Spam   Logged

XeroZega
Grim Reaper
Overlord

Aisenfielder #7: Lord of Lightining.

Windows User Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Search
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2013, 02:17:16 am »

See, I'm the opposite. Now more than ever am I hyped up for games. This year is incredible for the PS3 as well as the beginning of next gen. The new inFamous looks incredible in terms of innovating the game while still retaining the core feeling of the game and is one one reason I want to get a PS4 as soon as it comes out. However, I'm making myself wait in hopes of a KH3 or FFXV special edition console.

Kingdom Hearts is my all time favorite series with 2 holding the mantle of favorite game since I originally played it and every time I continue to play. So the announcement of 3, as well as FFXV seeming to be very influenced by the KH gameplay style, has me stoked beyond all get out.

Then let's not forget about Pokemon. I'm incredibly looking forward to where that goes.

The Last of Us is getting high praise, I can't wait to get it. And Beyond: Two Souls has me incredibly excited with it's promise (and, so far, teasers) of possibly one of the greatest gaming experiences in terms of storytelling.

However; Xbone can still suck a fat one.
Report Spam   Logged

This member has been declared amazingly awesome.
Picard
Tamamo-no-Mae
Administrator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Beyond the Horizon

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2013, 07:33:51 am »

I'm currently hoping for a PS4/Vita bundle, actually. Also, Xbone has backpedaled all of its online requirement policies, although the privacy concerns with Kinect stays. Also, no more digital sharing and family sharing plans on the Xbone due to the lack of the online DRM. So basically Xbone threw away its unique selling point that makes it different from the PS4, and made a bunch of its original target audience for it angry in order to win back the old target audience. Let's see if it works for them.
Report Spam   Logged

Doru
The Muffin Man
Elite

Bang!

« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2013, 10:20:14 am »

I see them putting that feature in after they've sold enough consoles. Xbone still does not have my attention :/, Oh well.

That'd be a good bundle Ciel, would be pretty pricey though... Those memory cards... ;_;
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum