Aisenfield
March 28, 2024, 08:55:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: On Aisenfield, you have two choices: Follow the rules; don't follow the rules. If you don't, our pet, Godzilla, will tend to your punishment.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Abortion - Pro-Choice versus Pro-Life

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Abortion - Pro-Choice versus Pro-Life  (Read 947 times)
EHW
Addict

Hey, it's that prick EHW!

Badges: (View All)
Seventh year Anniversary Search Sixth year Anniversary Level 5 Windows User
« on: April 30, 2013, 06:09:41 pm »

So, I'm currently "debating", which I use in the broadest of definitions here, with someone on the internet about abortion. You can read the debate here: http://amanda2324.deviantart.com/art/Uh-really-255106798

Anyway, while I know I cannot "win" said debate, I feel that I ought to bring it to attention here, as I don't recall us ever debating this subject in the past. Or at least, I don't recall putting forward my own opinion on the matter here.

Mine is quite simple: I'm personally 'pro-choice', but honestly don't believe I have a right to dictate to others how to live their lives. I'm not a god, nor a government official, nor a government employee, not even a medical practitioner. Therefore I only have an opinion, and that shouldn't affect other people.
I thought I'd use the following point to back up my attitude on how the subject of abortion is really all down to context:
The Catholic Church forbid contraceptives, and yet the selfsame religious organisation handed them out to people in the impoverished countries of Africa at one point.

Anyway, what do you all think?
Report Spam   Logged

Eido/ Eido Version 2/ Wraith/ Aidan - Credit to Zarean

Avatar courtesy of Zarean of Aisenfield/ miha-mimiko-kyattuha of deviantART.com.

Personal Text edited by EHW - so no-one need take offence or blame.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Weirdo
Elite

Badges: (View All)
Level 6 Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Search Apple User
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 06:18:17 pm »

I started reading what they wrote, realised it was silly and was just gonna annoy me and stopped reading. Bluh.

But yeah I'm not sure of /my/ views on abortion but I do think it's up to the person who's in that situation, and people need to eff off and stop meddling.
Report Spam   Logged

Shameless self promotion : Any Last Words

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum