Aisenfield
March 28, 2024, 12:17:44 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Never forget the 2nd Rule. Or the 34th one.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

EHW Plays: Touhoumon Blue: Nuzlocke Edition

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EHW Plays: Touhoumon Blue: Nuzlocke Edition  (Read 1349 times)
Picard
Tamamo-no-Mae
Administrator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Beyond the Horizon

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Level 7 Linux User
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2013, 08:54:16 am »

These things don't look anything like Touhoumon... what on earth happened between then and now!?

Duh, aliens.

Report Spam   Logged

EHW
Addict

Hey, it's that prick EHW!

Seventh year Anniversary Search Sixth year Anniversary Level 5 Windows User
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2013, 06:12:34 pm »

These things don't look anything like Touhoumon... what on earth happened between then and now!?

Duh, aliens.

That makes too much sense to exist in Touhou...

Oh, by the way, since y'all won't gimme an answer to my Kirisame/ Hakurei question, I'm picking Kirisame~ The update will be up sometime tomorrow (well, later today technically due to the local time for me being 00:12, but yeah, later...)
Report Spam   Logged

Eido/ Eido Version 2/ Wraith/ Aidan - Credit to Zarean

Avatar courtesy of Zarean of Aisenfield/ miha-mimiko-kyattuha of deviantART.com.

Personal Text edited by EHW - so no-one need take offence or blame.
Picard
Tamamo-no-Mae
Administrator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Beyond the Horizon

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Level 7 Linux User
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2013, 08:33:34 pm »

I have no idea regarding types and such, since I've never played Touhoumon, so go with what you like!
Report Spam   Logged

Kenji
Admincat
Administrator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Harem Master

Nineth year Anniversary Search Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 20000 Posts
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2013, 03:09:41 am »

Go with Miko Fossil. See what happens.
Report Spam   Logged

EHW
Addict

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2013, 04:42:55 am »

Annoyingly, that answer came a wee bit too late, Kenji, as I got the last update done last night. Derpface~ Still, I got a good combination of new 'mon, so hopefully (fingers crossed) that'll make up for it.
On the subject of Hakurei vs Kirisame, Reimu completely outclasses her PC-98 counterpart in looks, while Marisa and Kirisame are both pretty good to look at.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update #6: As if I wasn't Game-Breaking before...

As previously stated, I picked her up myself. Having tried using Hakurei before, and currently needing an Electric type... you get the point...

Is that right? Maybe we should pay this mad scientist a visit~

But first...

Fresh air! Sunlight! Ah, blessed grass - how I've missed you! Now to make a quick capture on this route before sprinting to Viridian City. I wanna get me that Kirisame as quickly as possible...

Thankfully justified with my choice of Witch Fossil over Miko Fossil - the RNG blesses me with a Reimu find on my first encounter. Poison was a **** to handle, but the Great Balls I had allowed me to pick up an easy catch.

Named her Tao Jun, after the only seal user in an anime I know. She's from Shaman King, the first few books.

Random loot get~

Kiyomi, you're glowing all of a sudden...

Holy crap, you evolved! I like the new look~ ^^

Them stats ain't bad at all~

Now, to see a certain someone about a bribe...

Holy cr*p in a bucket... this place is full of... pedobears...

Yeah... plus, I don't think I want to be here anymore...

Right, this IS what I was here for... my poor virgin ears...

Good for you, Imma bugging outta here.

Picked up this on my way back~

Bike get~

Freebee get~

Using the sides and middle roads allow you to dodge every battle here, a necessity to get to Fuchsia for the Underground Tunnel...

Second freebee get~

Tunnel encounter #1

Named after the fun-loving Awakened Being from Claymore. I felt it fit...

The stats... she looks more like a mixed sweeper than anything else at the moment, but I haven't used her, so I don't honestly know.

T_T Once again, a Suwako is a later encounter. I think I've now burnt every Suwako encounter chance out of the game...

Finally, now, to the science lab~

The trades here are different... I think of the three, the only good trade is the CSunnyMilk for the ESatori. But to be honest, none of them are particularly mind-blowing...

Back to the fossil guy~

Uh-huh... cool story, bro~

Yeah, I know, she's pretty sweet~

All of my want!

Right, I'll go out and get a coffee or something...

*15 minutes later*

At that coffee place like I told you...?

Wait, you didn't know!? What if it had been someone willing to blow up the earth after being trapped for ten thousand years? (Power Rangers shoutout, check!)

Meet Yukari, named after the childish witch from Rosario+Vampire.

Neutral nature is killer~

One quick trip to Cerulean again and then onto training. Final look pre-grindfest for Kirisame:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Making full use of a hidden escape clause in my rules at the moment. Namely, the idea that dead mon can still be used as slaves. Well, my Aisha is being used as a Run Away slave, to abuse the mechanics. Just like a dead water mon can still be used as a raft (surf slave) and anything else it can do.

Update #7 will probably be up later today - I already have the images saved on photobucket, so it's just a case of writing the update. Then I can pick my game up again - I don't want to be too far ahead update-wise in case someone suggests something. Plus, after today I'm probably going to slow down a little - so the content will be more spread out over time. Don't let this effect comments though - the more, the merrier.
Report Spam   Logged

Avatar courtesy of Zarean of Aisenfield/ miha-mimiko-kyattuha of deviantART.com.

EHW
Addict

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2013, 01:41:39 pm »

Update #7: Cruisin' round Cerulean~

Yukari - you've gone from cute to gorgeous~

The second typing is much more useful than not having it - Flying means no EQ, and she wasn't going to be going against Rock types she couldn't OHKO anyway.

Post-grind, now it's time to face Gary~

'sup, Gary?

Not struggling, but I take it you aren't Nuzlocking if you aren't grinding like I am. How's things?

That's awesome, dude~

Oh, you want another match? Done.

Okay, I'll start with Liddell-chan~
Liddell: First up~ First up~ La-la-la!

OHKO

This is why going for this evolution - which needs ATK>DEF at Lvl 20 - is a perfectly good plan. You lose one evolution, as you are stuck at Stage 1, but gain loads of coverage moves by level up. Coupled with the marginally better typing of Psychic/ Dark compared to Psychic/ Ice, and it doesn't matter which way your CAlice evolves.

Two easy KOes later, and out comes the Reimu.

Mey-Rin: I'm going to beat the living sh*t outta that Miko-bint!

Two Private SQRs later, and Mey-Rin has truly declared dominance over Gary's Reimu.

Uh-huh...

A'ight, later man.

1 of 5 Bridge Recruits complete.

2 of 5 defeated.

And Finny finally learns something to take advantage of her Sp.Atk.

3 of 5 recruits done for.

4 down, 1 to go.

And done - the Nugget Bridge has fallen under the boots of my unstoppable army!

Yo Holmes, gimme ma nugget~

Yeah, I'm that awesome~

Nugget get~

Wait, the team with those cute-looking angry 'mon from the caves?

So... I'd get paid to steal, and possibly become a master thief?

...sign me up!

Yes, I want to join!

Huh? I just said yes?

And I'm telling you I will.

No, but apparently you are deaf...

Seems I'm due a battle.

*1 kerbstomping later*

Yeah, no. Not if I have to join idiots like you in the lower ranks.

Hey, I found something on the ground...

Yeah, Morning Sun is no longer a healing move, but a 80 BP Grass move. It's learnable by quite a lot of 'mon, on a previous run I had it on a Utsuho, which is Fire/ Flying.
I'm kinda sad I didn't get a Utsuho - they have 160 Base Sp.Atk. It's ridiculously OP when you take into account natural Flamethrower and Overheat...

So this is ZUN's place... where is he then? Gary was here only an hour ago, it seems...

Wait... what?

You can't be serious...

It's unlikely, even you have to see that...

*faceplant*

Oww... alright, say I believe you... fine, get in the chamber, I guess...

So... yeah, this green button seems safe. *presses huge green button which says "T-Porter"*

Well, beforehand, yeah, but now... I kind of want to leave before I see that Reisen come out... what were you doing with it? Wait... I don't want to know...

No thanks nec- oh. Yeah, I'll take a free cruise pass~

Final team check pre-Cerulean Gym.

So, I haven't yet done the Gym, but will probably get it done sometime this evening. Obviously, Yukari is going to be my lead, and Finny and Liddell are my back-up due to both having Grass moves. From what I recall, she has some Water/ Ghost mon, as well as a Water/ Electric one, if I have the Nitori typing right.
Report Spam   Logged

EHW
Addict

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2013, 07:02:54 pm »

Just a thought - if anyone has a suggestion for whether or not I should train a different team member that I recently caught (more details given with Update #8, which should be out sometime tomorrow).

Anyway, please feel free to give me a reply with the names of the current team member and their replacement. For example, swapping Kiyomi for my CReimu. Example #2, swapping Finny (have coverage-mon in Liddell) for one of several new catches - have a somewhat broad variety.

Other than that, feel free to continue to reply etc. - any critique or just general chat is perfectly fine w/ me. ^_^
Report Spam   Logged

Doru
The Muffin Man
Elite

Bang!

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2013, 07:21:58 pm »

I'd say do whatever you're comfortable doing, I'm not familiar with the game and it's not like it's a video nuzlocke playthrough so the whole "Who are you using" isn't as important to me.... I'd just like to see how you do it Smiley

By the way, Yukari's new form sprite... her dress makes her look fat lol.... Gary's Reimu sprite looks nice.....Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
EHW
Addict

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2013, 12:38:19 pm »

Update:

It's been three weeks since I updated - but there is a good reason for this! Basically, I've been swamped as the show I'm taking part in is being performed this week, and the last few weeks have had the practices pick up considerably in both duration and quantity. Due to this and some knuckling down with other parts of real life, I haven't managed to get much gaming done. Hopefully after Saturday (last show night), I should be able to pick up from where I left off and continue.
Report Spam   Logged

Picard
Tamamo-no-Mae
Administrator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Beyond the Horizon

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2013, 10:09:17 am »

Don't worry about it! It's your work, so update as you feel like it. No point forcing and not having fun.
Report Spam   Logged

Doru
The Muffin Man
Elite

Bang!

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2013, 01:13:30 am »

^ This
Report Spam   Logged
Picard
Tamamo-no-Mae
Administrator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Beyond the Horizon

« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2013, 03:50:18 am »

^ That
Report Spam   Logged

EHW
Addict

« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2013, 09:14:41 pm »

Update #8: So, back on track with a catching spree~

Ah, hi, yeah, I'm Cass~

What the... a policy? I'm damn sure I can beat your ass around the pool without some sort of... "policy"

I'm Nuzlocking, so obviously you should get my opinion~

So... you're going to sweep with water, when the bulky archetype is dominated by Water Pokemon?
*EHW makes another mark on a board titled "More things which show how completely out of depth Nintendo are when it comes to actual battling"*

Yeah, dat bint is going down.

Yukari is an absolute sis, here's why.

OHKO Count: 2

Decided to bring in Liddell for this next one, it seems.

OHKO Count: 4 of 4

Pfft. When was I supposed to be swept away by the all-out offensive?

Reward get~

Post-battle shot of team. No damage = no problems~

OMG YESSSSSSSSS~

That, if I recall, took me a good number of balls, but definitely worth it.

Named after the purple haired snake maiden from Naruto.

Everyone meet Anko~

Electric/ Grass is a good typing offensively and defensively - the only reason Rotom-Mow is bad is due to the absolute lack of utility that the Grass typing ought to have granted it.

Then I found this~

Similar sort of problem here - took me a wee while.

Meet Rukia, obviously named after the same character in Bleach. Ice typing is more common in Touhou so a basic CCirno is a bit bleh. If it were a CACirno however...

By that, I'm referring to a fan-character. A CACirno, or a Child Advent Cirno, is based off of the Touhou version of Final Fantasy 7. Advent Cirno represents Cloud and is the only decent Advent Touhoumon.

Third catch so far~

Named after Akane from Ranma 1/2. It fits if you use the alternate final evolution - which is a badass Steel/ Fighting compared to the semi-badass Steel/ Psychic. I believe the choice is a level-up against evolutionary stone method.

Fourth and final generic catch. There is a reason for wanting this one, because a quick look wouldn't suggest it.

Ruby's purpose is due to that Sweet Scent. Why? I'll show you~

Here's where she's wanted~

I'll just zip down to this coloured area like so...

And now we use sweet scent. The reason we do it here is because this is one of the only places in the game, in the Underground Tunnels, where you can obtain the Dark Chibi Touhoumon, as well as a ridiculously early spot to claim other rare gems which are often unable to be caught in a Nuzlocke.

I found a CFlandre, the "worst" of all the potential finds. Considering this is a Dark/ Fire pseudo legendary sort of find, you can imagine on why Sweet Scent is absolute gold for a moveslot.

Easy catch, just flung the ball to avoid death.

Meet Momo. Unfortunately, I forgot to note who she's named after, but I think it's Momo from Bleach. Mainly for the fire sword and the definite insanity.

Oh, and Finny finally evolved. So purty~

One final look at the team pre-S.S. Anne, I believe.

So, that's update #8, the final part I played to before my absence of sorts. I'll get some more actually played done soon - right now I want to rest after scraping together what I could recall about something I was doing a month ago. Plus, it's 2:15 AM, so yeah.

On the subject of teammate replacement, I think I'll check out Kiyomi's moveset - that's the Aya or Blackbird one btw - and if it isn't good enough, I'll be drafting the Reimu I caught. But lemme know your thoughts on the matter guys - any particular typing you want to see on the team? I don't have any of the major typings (Water/ Fire/ Grass) on the team, but as I have 2 of the 3 and can easily obtain a Water 'mon, it's not that much hassle to accommodate. Plus, there is a Water 'mon I want later so...
Report Spam   Logged

Picard
Tamamo-no-Mae
Administrator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Beyond the Horizon

« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2013, 03:54:41 am »

Advent Cirno is the shit.
Report Spam   Logged

Kenji
Admincat
Administrator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Harem Master

Nineth year Anniversary Search Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 20000 Posts
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2013, 12:46:04 pm »

Personally, I think both EX Cirno and Advent Cirno are the shit.

Also, I'm half-tempted to do a Touhoumon Nuzlocke now. Not sure which one, but I've been playing Blue again lately.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum