Aisenfield
March 29, 2024, 10:10:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: FAAAAAALCOOOOOOON PUUUUUUUUUNCH!!!

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Happy Belated Five Years of Aisenfield

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Happy Belated Five Years of Aisenfield  (Read 3625 times)
CM
ovelrord
Resident

Badges: (View All)
Search Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Linux User
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2013, 08:46:47 pm »

y'all could have one of those formless rps that terak and i used to talk about with the egalitarian character ownership and the leisurely posting requirements. that way if any one player stops giving a **** the whole thing doesn't have to grind to a halt
Report Spam   Logged

pıɐs ǝɥs 'ɟɹɐ

suıɐɯop ʇuǝıqɯɐ ʎןɥbıɥ ɹǝɥʇo puɐ ǝɔuɐuosǝɹ ɔıʇɐɯoɹɥɔuɐd pǝssǝɹdǝp-ןɐpǝd uı ɹoıʌɐɥǝq uosɹǝd-ʇɹoɥs ɟo ǝɔuɐɔıɟıubıs ǝɥʇ pǝɹǝpuod 'uoıʇɐɔıɟıpoɯ ɹǝɥʇɹnɟ ǝuobɹǝpun buıʌɐɥ 'bop ɐ 'uʎןǝʌǝ
CM
ovelrord
Resident

Search Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Linux User
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2013, 08:46:59 pm »

could now be the time terak???!
Report Spam   Logged

pıɐs ǝɥs 'ɟɹɐ

suıɐɯop ʇuǝıqɯɐ ʎןɥbıɥ ɹǝɥʇo puɐ ǝɔuɐuosǝɹ ɔıʇɐɯoɹɥɔuɐd pǝssǝɹdǝp-ןɐpǝd uı ɹoıʌɐɥǝq uosɹǝd-ʇɹoɥs ɟo ǝɔuɐɔıɟıubıs ǝɥʇ pǝɹǝpuod 'uoıʇɐɔıɟıpoɯ ɹǝɥʇɹnɟ ǝuobɹǝpun buıʌɐɥ 'bop ɐ 'uʎןǝʌǝ
Terak
Occassional Appearer-After-Long-Spans-of-Time
Global Moderator
Resident

Possibly a Ghost

Level 6 Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Linux User
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2013, 09:15:43 pm »

What CM refers to is probably the easiest type of RPG for anyone to make. It has one rule and one proviso: the current poster can do whatever they want [rule], except explicitly contradict what any previous poster has written [proviso]. Member loyalty and post length are irrelevant.

I don't pretend to know how successfully these RPGs work, but literally anyone can make one in about the length of time it takes to make any RPG post.

Anyway, happy fifth, Aisenfield. *clink!*
Report Spam   Logged
Doru
The Muffin Man
Elite

Bang!

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2013, 09:17:28 pm »

So you're saying just writing a random story post by post? Even if they're not connected?
Report Spam   Logged
Terak
Global Moderator
Resident

Possibly a Ghost

Level 6 Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Linux User
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2013, 09:24:18 pm »

There lies the potential for randomness, but the truth is that very few writers enjoy complete randomness, so it will be as random or orderly as the group of participants intends it to be.

In short, "yes."
Report Spam   Logged
CM
ovelrord
Resident

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2013, 09:25:48 pm »

they should probably be connected, or at least not so disconnected that a clever writer can't find a way to link them together within a reasonable time frame. it's really less of a role-playing experience and more of a cooperative storytelling one.

it being obligation-free, i know i'd toss up a few posts, and i'm sure terak would do the same when he had the time.
Report Spam   Logged

pıɐs ǝɥs 'ɟɹɐ

Weirdo
Elite

Level 6 Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Search Apple User
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2013, 10:53:37 am »

That actually sounds pretty boss. I'd probably be up for something like that cos then I can just do it without worrying about whether I'll have the time for the next X months.
Report Spam   Logged

Shameless self promotion : Any Last Words
Kendrix
Guardian Of The Timeline
Resident

Elemental Master Of Water and Ice

Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Level 5 Search Linux User
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2013, 08:33:08 pm »

I would definitely be interested in something like that. All we would really need is a setting that we can all work with.
Report Spam   Logged

It seems as though, for better or for worse.... I'm Back

I had Kendra on my mind when I was replying for some odd reason...>_>;

Why, the world shall never know...
Picard
Tamamo-no-Mae
Administrator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Beyond the Horizon

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Level 7 Linux User
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2013, 08:40:44 am »

Never tried one of those before. So everyone owns everyone else's characters? I'm sort of iffy with that, but it can also be fun at the same time if character integrity's being respected and not given a complete 180 when someone else picks up from there. It really depends on the writers taking part, I suppose, so there's no way I can predict what will happen. I wouldn't mind joining something like that. Sort of reminds me of New Pokemon Adventure in the way that we didn't have an idea where the story's going. And given my lousy school schedule, I can't chip in very frequently, but at least I won't drag anyone down in such a case.

As for a setting, I'm pretty comfortable with anything fantasy, modern or medieval. Not much of a futuristic sci-fi fan when it comes to writing.
Report Spam   Logged

XeroZega
Grim Reaper
Overlord

Aisenfielder #7: Lord of Lightining.

Windows User Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Search
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2013, 12:53:42 am »

This whole "nonchalant random role play" thing reminds me a lot of "Tokyo High School" from Wayyy back when. There's no real plot just a bunch of supernatural/normal/alien high schoolers just fucking around and kind of going with the flow.

also 5 years ago I was maybe a sophomore who had no idea what he was doing but just trying to kill time and just finally get out of highschool who was just bored with everything.

now I'm a film major at NYU wreckin shit so I can be famous lessgo.
Report Spam   Logged

This member has been declared amazingly awesome.
>>>>Booster
Fuzzy
Esteemed Members
Resident

Seventh year Anniversary Search Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Level 4
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2013, 02:58:06 pm »

huh

There are only three days when I have classes and I still neglect this place. gg

Report Spam   Logged
Picard
Tamamo-no-Mae
Administrator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Beyond the Horizon

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Level 7 Linux User
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2013, 02:23:29 am »

Three days? Lucky bastard. All five days of mine are occupied.
Report Spam   Logged

CM
ovelrord
Resident

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2013, 08:26:03 pm »

if we can all agree on fantasy, then, maybe i'll go ahead and write up an opening post sometime int he next couple of days

and we'll just see where it goes from there!
Report Spam   Logged

pıɐs ǝɥs 'ɟɹɐ

Picard
Tamamo-no-Mae
Administrator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Beyond the Horizon

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2013, 05:30:45 am »

Is Terak gonna be around for that?
Report Spam   Logged

Terak
Global Moderator
Resident

Possibly a Ghost

« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2013, 03:38:45 pm »

Is Terak gonna be around for that?
To whom are you directing this question? . _.

I'll be around, in my own familiarly inconsistent way. Don't let my vagueness discourage you, though: this is probably the best type of roleplay for me to fit into my university schedule, so if the RPG picks up momentum, I should be around often enough.

My advice is not to worry about "completing" this sort of roleplay. It should only continue to exist as long as it remains fun to update, and be allowed to die as soon as it becomes a hindrance.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum