Aisenfield
March 28, 2024, 09:07:24 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Sanity is for the boring.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Happy Belated Five Years of Aisenfield

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Happy Belated Five Years of Aisenfield  (Read 3624 times)
EHW
Addict

Hey, it's that prick EHW!

Badges: (View All)
Seventh year Anniversary Search Sixth year Anniversary Level 5 Windows User
« on: January 22, 2013, 01:15:14 pm »

As the title says, a belated happy 5th anniversary to the forums. Woot and all that noise.

To be honest, it only just dawned on me, and that's purely because I was busy browsing my profile and glanced up at my join-date. I'd love to say we've gone far... but it'd be a shameless shameless lie, so instead, I'll just say that with any luck, we'll stay in contact through the site for another ~5 years, and see how things are down the line. Though it's somewhat embarrassing to see that we have a total of about ~10 active members. 15 if we're lucky. Not brilliant for a forum which has had ~150 accounts, even if a few were repeats or secondary ones. Or spam accounts.

Good god, have I grown up since this place opened though. Back then, I was a whiny prima-donna emo teenager who was entering college the next year and spouted f-all to everyone he could. Now I'm a whiny adult with somewhat delusional tendancies, who's unemployed and looking for work, while simultaneously trying to raise enough money to blow on his video games. Seriously - I can't wait for the job market to pick up again. Then I can finally get the closest thing to a dream job - working at a video game store. But only because it means I'll get a discount on my purchases.
Report Spam   Logged

Eido/ Eido Version 2/ Wraith/ Aidan - Credit to Zarean

Avatar courtesy of Zarean of Aisenfield/ miha-mimiko-kyattuha of deviantART.com.

Personal Text edited by EHW - so no-one need take offence or blame.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

DarkToph
Ruler of all things Dark and Tophy.
Global Moderator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

I am the Queen of Randomness. You may gawk at me.

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 01:36:17 pm »

Five years. Man, it's been that long. And in all that time.....Dear God, I've gotten so ranty and ramble-y. My first posts around here barely made it over a few sentences, now I can hardly post anything without babbling on for ages. It's a good thing my writing has also drastically improved. XD

Also, I couldn't seem to go one post without adding a XD or a =]. Pbbt glad I stopped doing that. XD

Looking back at my old posts:

1 - I can now see exactly what people meant when they said I made long fanfic chapters. I still don't say they're "long," but they're giant blocks of text....

2 - Great. Looking back through my old posts reminded me of Thomas. Sad

3 - Sadly, this is still one of my best banners. Then again, I haven't worked in the area of banners for years....

4 - How many times am I going to remind myself that I need to continue my old fanfics? TLE is like 6 years old now and I never even got through Book 2....

We've had out good times, our awesome times, our bad times and our disasters, but no one can replace this virtual home away from home. I can't see myself not checking up on this place regularly unless there's quite literally no one around.

Here's to five aisen-years! And another five!

Report Spam   Logged

Picard
Tamamo-no-Mae
Administrator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Beyond the Horizon

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Level 7 Linux User
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 08:16:08 pm »

I HAVE GONE THROUGH THE GODDAMN ARMY AND SUFFERED MUCH. NOW I AM IN UNIVERSITY AND IS CURRENTLY SUFFERING MENTALLY.

HIP, HIP, HOORAY.

Also, roleplaying is still fun. I'm not really in a rambling mode now, so... woohoo! Five fookin' years!
Report Spam   Logged

Weirdo
Elite

Level 6 Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Search Apple User
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 02:08:24 pm »

...Am I the only one here who wasn't here from the beginning?

Okay wow actually apparently I joined less than a year from when the site was made, thought it was later. Although I only really started properly regularly coming on in like 2010 or something.

Good times. Even if young me was a retard that makes me cringe with ever word he utters. And I just know these words will look just as horrid to me a few years down the road...
Report Spam   Logged

Shameless self promotion : Any Last Words
Doru
The Muffin Man
Elite

Bang!

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 06:50:51 pm »

Hmm, now that our numbers have dropped I think that Aisentrip might actually be possible. I mean everyone is at least 18 now, we'd only need to wait until half of us that are overseas come over  Cheesy

Weirdo, I think Kendrix has you beat there..... I think...

I don't like looking back at myself... so I won't  Tongue

Happy Five years though!  Wink

Here's to five aisen-years! And another five!

Damn that made me thirsty...
Report Spam   Logged
Picard
Tamamo-no-Mae
Administrator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Beyond the Horizon

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Level 7 Linux User
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 07:15:33 pm »

The sad thing is that I still have roleplaying ideas for other stories in my head, but the chances of any roleplay going now is pretty damn low.
Report Spam   Logged

Doru
The Muffin Man
Elite

Bang!

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 08:14:56 pm »

Ain't nobody got time fo' dat no more.... Or so it seems. Which is weird since you were in the army continuing OJ...
Report Spam   Logged
Picard
Tamamo-no-Mae
Administrator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Beyond the Horizon

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 01:40:01 am »

The army, contrary to popular belief, gives plenty of free time. Also, OJ's still kinda going on.
Report Spam   Logged

EHW
Addict

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 03:33:23 am »

As I found out when I tried my Team Rocket RP, it's not a lack of time, but a lack of interest and motivation. If you can't get people motivated, RP grinds to a halt.
Report Spam   Logged

Avatar courtesy of Zarean of Aisenfield/ miha-mimiko-kyattuha of deviantART.com.

Doru
The Muffin Man
Elite

Bang!

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2013, 04:22:38 am »

Triple t, k a. Try it again with a smaller cast.
Report Spam   Logged
Weirdo
Elite

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2013, 04:19:09 pm »

Weirdo, I think Kendrix has you beat there..... I think...

Site says Kendrix joined two days after the site was made so...

The sad thing is that I still have roleplaying ideas for other stories in my head, but the chances of any roleplay going now is pretty damn low.

I keep entertaining the idea of rejoining OJ or something but then start questioning whether I'd have time/motivation to post regularly. Also the fact that my writing kinda sucks dissuades me, it's a shame really.
Report Spam   Logged

Doru
The Muffin Man
Elite

Bang!

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2013, 04:22:37 pm »

What about that one girl that came on here with some drawing s and a roleplay? Yeon something I think....
Report Spam   Logged
Weirdo
Elite

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2013, 04:39:56 pm »

I'm not sure who you mean but either way my point was about the people who still frequent the site.
Report Spam   Logged

Picard
Tamamo-no-Mae
Administrator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Beyond the Horizon

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2013, 05:18:58 am »

Could always make a new casual roleplay with a generic plot or whatever.
Report Spam   Logged

EHW
Addict

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2013, 08:46:39 am »

Casual RP would be good - I kinda want to play a bard or something at the moment, but I just don't have a way to make use of said idea.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum