Aisenfield
March 29, 2024, 10:59:58 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Excuse me, kind sir. Would you care to donate to the Anti-Mugging-You Fund?

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Gen 6

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gen 6  (Read 2721 times)
XeroZega
Grim Reaper
Overlord

Aisenfielder #7: Lord of Lightining.

Badges: (View All)
Windows User Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Search
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2013, 04:36:23 pm »

I'm so damn excited.
I love the look of all of the starters and genuinely feel they each have a ton of potential aesthetically (which, face it, is probably the most important attribute of starters) but could also become really useful in their evolutions.

I personally want Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic, and Water/Ice (though I'm content with and find Water/Fighting more likely).

Either way, the new games have left me stoked. I can't wait to find out more. I've been waiting for this announcement since I got my 3DS back at release. The 3DS has been out for 2 and a half years now. It's time to start transitioning. We've had 3 major games/generations (DPP, HG/SS, and BW/B2W2) now on the DS there is absolutely no reason for a 4th major game. The DS's time has to be up eventually.

And there was only 2 years between first and second gen. There's actually more time between the release of 5th and 6th gen than there was between 1st and 2nd. So that's a stupid argument.
Report Spam   Logged

This member has been declared amazingly awesome.
Doru
The Muffin Man
Elite

Bang!

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2013, 05:04:49 pm »

I'm so damn excited.
I love the look of all of the starters and genuinely feel they each have a ton of potential aesthetically (which, face it, is probably the most important attribute of starters) but could also become really useful in their evolutions.

I personally want Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic, and Water/Ice (though I'm content with and find Water/Fighting more likely).

Either way, the new games have left me stoked. I can't wait to find out more. I've been waiting for this announcement since I got my 3DS back at release. The 3DS has been out for 2 and a half years now. It's time to start transitioning. We've had 3 major games/generations (DPP, HG/SS, and BW/B2W2) now on the DS there is absolutely no reason for a 4th major game. The DS's time has to be up eventually.

And there was only 2 years between first and second gen. There's actually more time between the release of 5th and 6th gen than there was between 1st and 2nd. So that's a stupid argument.
There was 3 years between Red & Green and GS but whatever....

Anyways like I said so far I'm not digging the starters, hopefully one of their evolved forms can get my attention more. I like the deer legendary but where is the x in it's design? Is it like a bottom view type of thing, which would kinda explain the kind of weird legs it has..? I kind of thought once the 3DS was out all the 'mon games would be on it from there on and when it wasn't so if kind of what got me to sell my 3DS back around launch so it's cool to finally see them do it.

Btw someone pointed out the frog had like a winter coat kind of snowy design thing to it (Ice in that water gun it used or something) so I kind of find Water/Ice to be it's type although I'd prefer a different typing, water types are usually able to learn Ice Beam in some way which is the only Ice move I find useful.
Report Spam   Logged
Terak
Occassional Appearer-After-Long-Spans-of-Time
Global Moderator
Resident

Possibly a Ghost

Level 6 Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Linux User
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2013, 08:58:19 pm »

I'd be pretty surprised if they gave Froakie's evolutions Ice-type characteristics, seeing as how frogs have no business in cold climates.
Report Spam   Logged
EHW
Addict

Hey, it's that prick EHW!

Seventh year Anniversary Search Sixth year Anniversary Level 5 Windows User
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2013, 04:31:02 am »

Personally, I think that Fire/ Ground typing would work on the fox, provided it got into one of the highest speed tiers. Then the sandstorm immunity would help, though the focal point of Drizzle-Poli would make it all but useless under the most popular weather condition.

While I agree with the idea of the DS's time being up... how is the 3DS any different in practice? It's hardly been a success - hell, it lost Nintendo loads of money. It's still conceptually a DS, it's just got a better chance of using 3D effects which meant that games were designed with that in mind.
I'd much prefer the next-gen handheld to come out to coincide with the release of 6th gen - it just seems like the sort of release title which could bring in lots of money, and a new console would have helped by giving it a huge boost in options to take, from what I can see.
Report Spam   Logged

Eido/ Eido Version 2/ Wraith/ Aidan - Credit to Zarean

Avatar courtesy of Zarean of Aisenfield/ miha-mimiko-kyattuha of deviantART.com.

Personal Text edited by EHW - so no-one need take offence or blame.
STARMAN15
Resident

Level 5 Level 4 Apple User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2013, 08:41:49 am »

I personally love the starters and am very excited for Gen 6! Granted, I already have a 3DS and really enjoy pretty much every game I've had on it with the 3D interface (Kingdom Hearts 3D and Paper Mario Sticker Star being two of my favorites.) I personally think it will be Grass/Fighting, Water/Psychic, and Fire/Dark. First, it will give reverse weakness to the starters, where all the starters would be weak to each other through their secondary types. The reason I think Water/Psychic is because Froakie looks like he's going to grow a Merlin-esque beard and his nostrils look like spectacles.
Report Spam   Logged

Please click me to help me grow!!!!!
EHW
Addict

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2013, 05:20:06 pm »

Hnn... those typing choices would be pretty neat Star.

Still, something equally pressing - what Pokemon, if any, from previous Generations are getting family additions? Because I think we can all agree that some Pokemon need them, and some ought to get them. Like for example - I believe Jynx should get a trade w/ item evolution to fit with her other two trio-mates - Electabuzz and Magmar.

As one huge buzzkill about Gen 5 was the lack of family additions. While I appreciate that we got over 150 completely new Pokemon and a region completely devoid (at first, anyway) of the previous generations' Pokemon, resulting in a brand new adventure... it also kind of sucked. Maybe it's because we were spoilt with Gen 4 due to the Physical/ Special Split, as well as the epic new Pokemon.

Thing is, I did love my Roserade and appreciated a Pokemon I'd previously thought to be subpar. Similarly with Magmar, who is now my favourite Fire type, to get Magmortar, and I gained a new appreciation for Rhydon due to Rhyperior, though I still wish that they'd worked on the design a little better when they were working on Gen 1. One badass Rocky rhino evolving into... some sort of derpy hippo. Which stands on two legs. Good work there, Game Freak.
Report Spam   Logged

Avatar courtesy of Zarean of Aisenfield/ miha-mimiko-kyattuha of deviantART.com.

Picard
Tamamo-no-Mae
Administrator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Beyond the Horizon

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Level 7 Linux User
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2013, 06:43:13 pm »

I personally love the starters and am very excited for Gen 6! Granted, I already have a 3DS and really enjoy pretty much every game I've had on it with the 3D interface (Kingdom Hearts 3D and Paper Mario Sticker Star being two of my favorites.) I personally think it will be Grass/Fighting, Water/Psychic, and Fire/Dark. First, it will give reverse weakness to the starters, where all the starters would be weak to each other through their secondary types. The reason I think Water/Psychic is because Froakie looks like he's going to grow a Merlin-esque beard and his nostrils look like spectacles.
Nah, Hypnotoad. Psychic's totally fitting.
Report Spam   Logged

Doru
The Muffin Man
Elite

Bang!

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2013, 09:25:05 pm »

Hnn... those typing choices would be pretty neat Star.

Still, something equally pressing - what Pokemon, if any, from previous Generations are getting family additions? Because I think we can all agree that some Pokemon need them, and some ought to get them. Like for example - I believe Jynx should get a trade w/ item evolution to fit with her other two trio-mates - Electabuzz and Magmar.

As one huge buzzkill about Gen 5 was the lack of family additions. While I appreciate that we got over 150 completely new Pokemon and a region completely devoid (at first, anyway) of the previous generations' Pokemon, resulting in a brand new adventure... it also kind of sucked. Maybe it's because we were spoilt with Gen 4 due to the Physical/ Special Split, as well as the epic new Pokemon.

Thing is, I did love my Roserade and appreciated a Pokemon I'd previously thought to be subpar. Similarly with Magmar, who is now my favourite Fire type, to get Magmortar, and I gained a new appreciation for Rhydon due to Rhyperior, though I still wish that they'd worked on the design a little better when they were working on Gen 1. One badass Rocky rhino evolving into... some sort of derpy hippo. Which stands on two legs. Good work there, Game Freak.
I actually liked Rhydon more than Rhyperior.... >.>  Magmortar does look pretty boss though, still need to raise one for my team. Either game wise or rp wise...

The Jynx evo sounds cool, just hope it doesn't look too derpy. Torcoal (sp? God I haven't played gen iii in soo long) as somewhat cool looking as he is I've never actually used him..
Report Spam   Logged
XeroZega
Grim Reaper
Overlord

Aisenfielder #7: Lord of Lightining.

Windows User Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Search
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2013, 01:36:08 am »

I want a Zangoose, Seviper, Absol, and Torkoal evolutions. Get some 3rd gen love. A Pinser and Lapras evolution would be rad too.
Report Spam   Logged

This member has been declared amazingly awesome.
EHW
Addict

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2013, 03:51:08 am »

I dunno - I never really felt that Lapras needed an evolution. A larger family, sure, but Lapras is a boss without needing to evolve. On the others... Torkoal, for sure, but apart from that, I dunno... probably Zangoose and Seviper for me from those.

I definitely think that Farfetch'd should get a Fighting/ Flying evo, but that's just me.
Report Spam   Logged

CM
ovelrord
Resident

Search Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Linux User
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2013, 06:17:57 pm »

apparently i'm the one who finds fennekin's head grotesquely oversized
Report Spam   Logged

pıɐs ǝɥs 'ɟɹɐ

suıɐɯop ʇuǝıqɯɐ ʎןɥbıɥ ɹǝɥʇo puɐ ǝɔuɐuosǝɹ ɔıʇɐɯoɹɥɔuɐd pǝssǝɹdǝp-ןɐpǝd uı ɹoıʌɐɥǝq uosɹǝd-ʇɹoɥs ɟo ǝɔuɐɔıɟıubıs ǝɥʇ pǝɹǝpuod 'uoıʇɐɔıɟıpoɯ ɹǝɥʇɹnɟ ǝuobɹǝpun buıʌɐɥ 'bop ɐ 'uʎןǝʌǝ
Terak
Occassional Appearer-After-Long-Spans-of-Time
Global Moderator
Resident

Possibly a Ghost

Level 6 Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Linux User
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2013, 08:26:02 pm »

You're no longer the only one.
Report Spam   Logged
EHW
Addict

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2013, 02:57:34 am »

It isn't grossly oversized, IF you treat Fennekin as a baby fennec fox. If you treat it as something like that... it's actually the correct proportions, just on a slightly larger scale.
Report Spam   Logged

Picard
Tamamo-no-Mae
Administrator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Beyond the Horizon

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Level 7 Linux User
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2013, 03:51:30 am »

THIS IS WHY OLDER GENERATIONS ARE SUPERIOR. NOW GET OFF MY LAWN.
Report Spam   Logged

STARMAN15
Resident

Level 5 Level 4 Apple User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2013, 05:43:45 pm »

I think a Jynx evolution could be cool, they would just have to be careful since they fell into the whole "Jynx is making fun of black women" thing when it first came out. I think that's why she didn't get one with Electabuzz and Magmar. They were afraid of what direction to go with her.

On a different note, has anyone else seen/heard the rumor about the types of the new legendaries? Apparently it's going around that they may be the first of two new types: Sound and Light. The Y pokemon is based off of a Wyvern, which is known for it's piercing shriek, and it was the only pokemon (save Pikachu) to make a sound in the trailer. Sound could become a secondary type to many pokemon, since there are already moves and abilities concerning it. Likewise, many have thought that the Light type is already long overdue for the pokemon world. The X pokemon's antlers were rainbow, or the full light spectrum and also there were many shafts of light surrounding it when it appeared on screen. The two types are also lumped together a lot: audio and visual, sound and light. Since GameFreak has made it a point to not release their types, it could be assumed that this next step could also bring in two new types as well as the new style of gameplay.

Honestly, I think this would be a nice thing. It could revamp some old pokemon with secondary types (like the Whismer line and possibly other pokemon like Espeon and Ampharos who either evolve in the day or are known as being light sources), and bring in a new revamp to the competitive battling world with the new types. I'm all for the games evolving. I enjoy the old games, but I am too cheap to keep buying games that are the same thing over and over again. I'll gladly spend the money on this console-esque game that we've been expecting since the N64 days (and all we got was XD and Colosseum which were ok, but not what I wanted them to be).
Report Spam   Logged

Please click me to help me grow!!!!!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum