Aisenfield
April 19, 2024, 09:45:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was the suspect.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Gen 6

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gen 6  (Read 2749 times)
EHW
Addict

Hey, it's that prick EHW!

Badges: (View All)
Seventh year Anniversary Search Sixth year Anniversary Level 5 Windows User
« on: January 09, 2013, 07:47:25 pm »

If you haven't seen the footage yet... well, here's the link:

What do you guys think of it?

I have to say, of the three starters, I only like Chespin, though at least Froakie brought a smile to my face when I saw it. And the general battle footage looks poor... eh, I never saw the appeal of the 3DS to start with, so to know that Gen 6 requires one is a big annoying issue from my POV.
Report Spam   Logged

Eido/ Eido Version 2/ Wraith/ Aidan - Credit to Zarean

Avatar courtesy of Zarean of Aisenfield/ miha-mimiko-kyattuha of deviantART.com.

Personal Text edited by EHW - so no-one need take offence or blame.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Picard
Tamamo-no-Mae
Administrator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Beyond the Horizon

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Level 7 Linux User
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 08:30:41 pm »

I only like Fennekin.

On one hand, 3D might seen pretty awesome, but can you think about how it's going to be in reality? Every single battle is going to become even longer when all attacks have their own relatively lengthier animation compared to the older games. And imagine Zubats popping up in your face in those caves like how that Pikachu did. You'll want to throw your 3DS at the wall. There's probably a way to disable all the animations like the past, though, but it's still something to consider.
Report Spam   Logged

Doru
The Muffin Man
Elite

Bang!

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 10:29:43 pm »

I only like the deer legendary tbh, the frog guy has potential though imo.

Also 3D is something I've been wanting to see on a pokemon game so I'm kind of anxious to see what it's like. When I first heard the new gen was coming out so fast I immediately thought about skipping it until I saw it was gonna be 3D. I see what you mean though Ciel, hopefully you can see the zubat before you engage in a battle and can avoid them. Or atleast change the ratio in which you encounter them.... and Geodude..... and Magikarp.... if they're in the game (before the national dex, yes I saw karp in the trailer but still....)
Report Spam   Logged
Kendrix
Guardian Of The Timeline
Resident

Elemental Master Of Water and Ice

Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Level 5 Search Linux User
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 09:07:58 am »

I'm sure there will be a way to turn off battle animations, so i'm not too worried about extremely long battles or anything like that. Even if they didn't I don't think they would add the Nat Dex before the Pokemon League, so you'll at least have some time relax before you get frustrated by the constant swarming of Zubats and Geodudes and just decide to use Max Repel everywhere.

I have to say I like the 3D from what I've seen so far but I think I may have to pass on this Gen, at least for now. Mainly because this and Fire Emblem Awakening are the only two games on the 3DS that I really care about and I'm not buying a new console for just two games. Then again October is a long time away so we'll see how that goes.

If I do end up getting this game though, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna end up picking Chespin as my starter.
Report Spam   Logged

It seems as though, for better or for worse.... I'm Back

I had Kendra on my mind when I was replying for some odd reason...>_>;

Why, the world shall never know...
EHW
Addict

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 09:48:14 am »

I know the "Effing Zubats!!!" has been a serious problem since Gen 1, but Gen 5 didn't solve it whatsoever. Instead, different Pokemon took on the self-same role as Zubat, which meant I was raging **** at a slightly different target. So my raeg will not be stopped when it happens in Gen 6.

I just, I dunno, I don't see the appeal for 3D Pokemon. It hasn't worked well in the past, and since the graphics looked sub-par even compared to Colosseum... I like the style of Gen 1 through to Gen 5, as it was unique in this day and age. If they had to choose to change it... I'd have much preferred anime-style like in the cutscenes in BW (as I haven't played BW2, not sure if it's the same in those).
Report Spam   Logged

Avatar courtesy of Zarean of Aisenfield/ miha-mimiko-kyattuha of deviantART.com.

Doru
The Muffin Man
Elite

Bang!

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 10:41:50 am »

I know the "Effing Zubats!!!" has been a serious problem since Gen 1, but Gen 5 didn't solve it whatsoever. Instead, different Pokemon took on the self-same role as Zubat, which meant I was raging **** at a slightly different target. So my raeg will not be stopped when it happens in Gen 6.

I just, I dunno, I don't see the appeal for 3D Pokemon. It hasn't worked well in the past, and since the graphics looked sub-par even compared to Colosseum... I like the style of Gen 1 through to Gen 5, as it was unique in this day and age. If they had to choose to change it... I'd have much preferred anime-style like in the cutscenes in BW (as I haven't played BW2, not sure if it's the same in those).
True... :/

I've never played Colosseum, and from what I could tell from the commercials it wasn't exactly a pkmn gym leader type of game. That new PMD game looked pretty well and it had 3D pokes.... I think.. I dunno, I'm pleased to at least see one coming out but I guess we'll have to wait for more footage and reveals. Those starters do look horrible compared to the others, and it reminds me of a comment you made somewhat talking about how people like Esipebe (sp?) could make pretty decent to great 'mons while nintendo comes out with freakin' ice cream that evolves into a double scoop lol
Report Spam   Logged
Picard
Tamamo-no-Mae
Administrator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Beyond the Horizon

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Level 7 Linux User
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2013, 10:17:31 pm »

I don't have a 3DS anyway, but if I did I'd be giving this a miss anyway.
Report Spam   Logged

Terak
Occassional Appearer-After-Long-Spans-of-Time
Global Moderator
Resident

Possibly a Ghost

Level 6 Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Linux User
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2013, 12:30:06 pm »

You guys are so lovably cynical.

For the sake of contrast, I am merely going to say that I am excited to the point of giddiness about these new games. It's 3D Pokémon. I have been waiting years for 3D Pokémon.

I feel like a kid, so let me reason like a kid.

(Also I love the designs, jussayin'.)
Report Spam   Logged
EHW
Addict

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2013, 06:25:38 pm »

Boo hiss! March in step with the Pokemon Cynics like everyone else! ^^

I dunno - I just feel that Gen 6 will be hyped up to the extreme simply because "OMG 3D POKEYMANZ! SO COOL!" So I'm definitely feeling cynical about that aspect. That, and I've already seen the amazingly high number of depressingly naive discussions on how the starters will be balanced this time 'round. Because we all know how well that went the last five generations...
Report Spam   Logged

Terak
Global Moderator
Resident

Possibly a Ghost

Level 6 Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Linux User
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2013, 07:08:08 pm »

Just remember that, worst-case scenario, you still get super-cool 3D Pogeymanz.

However, if Fennekin turns out to be another Fire/Fighting type, I'm burning the Pokémon Company headquarters to the ground.
Report Spam   Logged
Picard
Tamamo-no-Mae
Administrator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Beyond the Horizon

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2013, 09:53:42 pm »

New twist: All starters evolve into Fire/Fighting types.
Report Spam   Logged

EHW
Addict

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2013, 04:07:44 am »

Some people want Grass/ Fighting; Water/ Dark; Fire/ Psychic, so apparently Fighting starters are fine provided they aren't Fire typed as well. Personally, I'd like to see some mono-typed starters which actually are useful.
Report Spam   Logged

Picard
Tamamo-no-Mae
Administrator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Beyond the Horizon

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2013, 04:45:41 am »

Fire/Psychic would be nice.
Report Spam   Logged

Terak
Global Moderator
Resident

Possibly a Ghost

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2013, 01:04:38 pm »

A Fire/Ground-type might be interesting as well. Maybe they'll want to give the desert fox Sandstorm immunity.
Report Spam   Logged
Kendrix
Guardian Of The Timeline
Resident

Elemental Master Of Water and Ice

Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Level 5 Search Linux User
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2013, 04:06:25 pm »

It would be, but I doubt it would be a starter though. It would have a quadruple weakness to water.
Report Spam   Logged

It seems as though, for better or for worse.... I'm Back

I had Kendra on my mind when I was replying for some odd reason...>_>;

Why, the world shall never know...

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum