Aisenfield
March 29, 2024, 12:10:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You seem somewhat familiar, have I threatened you before?

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Dark Souls

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dark Souls  (Read 264 times)
Doru
The Muffin Man
Elite

Bang!

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts
« on: November 12, 2012, 01:15:34 am »

Ehh, I seem to be addicted to the game right now wondering if anybody here on Aisen plays or has played and can help out a bit.

So I bought the game late last year (or early this year.... can't quite remember doesn't seem important though), but I haven't really started playing it until last month. It's been fairly challenging, I'll do pretty good up to one boss (Or Blighttown) where I get stuck for a while and take a break or wait until the next day and get past a few more areas. (So far Bell Gargoyles, Blighttown, Quelanna, Painted City of Ariamis and Ornstein & Smough have been the ones that've gotten to me) I did quite a bit with one character (a battle axe wielding pyromancer) before deciding to start over with another, (trying to go with a holy knight but haven't been able to get past Ornstein and Smough. After seeing a couple videos on this I feel like switching weapons to a butcher knife... Grin) and I've pretty much caught up to and surpassed the first character in like four days.

Anybody have any favorites on the game, or tips vs Ornstein and Smough? I can't really land a hit without help from Solaire and when I do get help I can't ever beat Ornstein first so I get stuck fighting Super Ornstein and he kills me about 1/4 of his health through. (I only get 1/4 of his health down not leaving him at 1/4)
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Picard
Tamamo-no-Mae
Administrator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Beyond the Horizon

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Level 7 Linux User
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 02:36:36 am »

Oh man, Dark Souls. I tried Demon's Souls last time, and it was brutal.
Report Spam   Logged

Doru
The Muffin Man
Elite

Bang!

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 11:56:21 am »

Me too, I only got through two bosses until I stopped and another game took my attention.

Update of sorts I beat'em, crystal halberd really helps went to the forest and beat the butterfly too but now forest hunters hate me so i need like 30000 souls to get through, I remember seeing somewhere that there was one covenant that I couldn't get back on good terms with, think it might be this one.. Not sure where to go now...
Report Spam   Logged
Picard
Tamamo-no-Mae
Administrator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Beyond the Horizon

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Level 7 Linux User
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 09:22:47 pm »

I cheated in Demon's Souls due to the souls exploit. Dark Souls probably doesn't have that.
Report Spam   Logged

Doru
The Muffin Man
Elite

Bang!

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 02:19:11 am »

I've seen one used in Dark Souls for max souls and humanity, it seems they've patched it though so if I would want to take advantage of it I would have to delete the data for it and not update the game until I've done it. Seems a little hard though as you have to go through a poison swamp, down vines with decent enemies (if you're going in order, would seem kind of hard if you just skip to the place) and run past a hydra.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum