Aisenfield
April 20, 2024, 07:47:35 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No, I will not make ice cubes for your mojitos.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Emotion and Power: The New Hope of Baroton

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Emotion and Power: The New Hope of Baroton  (Read 215 times)
STARMAN15
Resident

Badges: (View All)
Level 5 Level 4 Apple User Mobile User Combination
« on: May 10, 2012, 08:42:21 pm »

Hey guys! I know I've been creeping around, but I finally have a little bit of time to post this and hopefully keep it running! If you have any questions about anything, PM me and I'll try to answer it the best that I can! Yes, this is the RP that I posted on another site, and it didn't work out too well. I'm hoping that it works here and that maybe this will generate a little bit of activity here as well. Also, if the demand is great, we can also open up more spots.  Enjoy! =)

“We were a peaceful people. The planet of Baroton was as close to Utopia as any civilization could hope to achieve. All Barotons lived in harmony with very little problems, until the discovery of other worlds was made.

It all started when one of the Clefable scientists brought us reports that one of our probing satellites had found life on another planet. We as the High Council of Baroton were initially very excited at this discovery, but that changed as we tried to decide the proper course of action to take. You see, the knowledge you are not alone in the universe can change people. It changed some of the High Council. Metagross, one of the most powerful Barotons and one of the most respected members of the council saw other peoples as a potential threat. I, on the other hand, pleaded the case of peace. We argued, and the council split into two factions. The schism created many horrible problems in our utopian culture.

One faithful day, the fighting reached a boiling point in the chambers of the High Council, and Metagross attacked. A battle ensued, and we ended ourselves in a draw. Metagross decided to leave that day, taking others of the council and his followers with him. He and his followers left on ships to inhabit the planet our probing satellite had discovered. We of course sent ships of our own to stop him, but they overpowered us, and took over the poor unsuspecting planet. It was genocide. None of the poor creatures survived Metagross’ armies. They made this planet, dubbed New Baroton, their home base.

The war between Old Baroton and New Baroton raged for years with no clear winner, until the scientists of New Baroton discovered more planets that held life, and Metagross began to set his sights on new “threats” to eliminate. We were stronger now than we were, but we still could only stall the New Baroton armies on each world. The battles raged for many more years, until the New Barotons once again overpowered us through sheer numbers. Metagross and his followers were breeding warriors, where as we relied on Barotons who chose to fight. We simply could not win. Once again, the war became between Old and New Baroton, and neither side could truly win. That was when our scientists came back with reports for several new inhabited planets. We saw as we fought with the people of the worlds we were trying to save that nothing was more powerful than the spirit of those fighting for something and the people they loved. That was when we developed a plan.

Secretly, I alone visited each planet, trying to warn the inhabitants of the dangers of New Baroton and the chance that they would invade their home worlds. Some of the planets scoffed at me for doubting their power, others cowered in fear and began preparations without even thinking of fighting back. Your planet was no exception. They scoffed at me and told me that they were prepared to face whatever the New Barotons could throw at them. Only one man listened to me. Satoshi Tajiri heard my pleas and decided to help me. He told me that if I could somehow find a way to give humans the abilities of Barotons, then he could train warriors to use it. That is when he developed the game known as “Pokemon.”

Each of you were chosen because you each express certain traits that will be needed to save your world from the New Baroton Army. This tournament was set up for us to find the best warriors for your world. You have the most knowledge and ability to perform this task. I am offering each of you the power to transform yourselves into half-human, half-Baroton. I believe in your world the term has become “pokejinka.” You will not be fighting alone. We Old Barotons will also be fighting by your side, but you are our secret weapons. We are hoping that your unique blend of emotion and power will be enough to overcome Metagross and his army. Your world is counting on you. All you have to do is touch this cube…”

Welcome! Here are the rules.
1.   Follow all Aisen rules.
2.   Use common sense.
3.   Have fun!

There are five available slots. Each of our characters will fill a specific role and the pokemon you choose will help you fulfill that role. Here is a list of the roles, and which are left open.

Physical Attacker-
Physical Wall- Ian Yule
Special Attacker-
Special Wall-
Status-
Support-

Also, there is a ban list on pokemon you cannot use. I chose these for several reasons, one of them being that some of these pokemon are going to be high ranking officers in the Old and New Baroton armies.

Ban List:
Venusaur
Blastoise
Charizard
Meganium
Typhlosion
Feraligatr
Sceptile
Blazikin
Swampert
Torterra
Infernape
Empoleon
Serperior
Emboar
Samurott

Alakazam- Old Baroton- Leader
Dragonite- Old Baroton- 1st General
Gardevoir- Old Baroton- 2nd General
Lucario- Old Baroton- 3rd General
Scizor- Old Baroton - 4th General
Zoraok- Old Baroton - 5th General
Slowking- Old Baroton - Head of Pokejinka Division
Jynx- Old Baroton - Head of Operations
Medicham- Old Baroton - Co-Head of Training
Reuniclus- Old Baroton - Head of Exploration
Klinklang- Old Baroton - Head of Technology
Steelix- Old Baroton - Co-Head of Training

Metagross- New Baroton - Leader
Salamence- New Baroton - 1st
Gallade- New Baroton - 2nd
Hydreigon- New Baroton - 3rd
Tyranitar- New Baroton - 4th
Haxorus- New Baroton - 5th
Garchomp- New Baroton - 6th
Aggron- New Baroton - 7th
Conkuldurr- New Baroton - 8th
Gothitelle- New Baroton - 9th
Volcarona- New Baroton - 10th
Dusknoir- New Baroton - 11th

Machamp
Hitmonlee
Hitmonchan
Mr. Mime
Aerodactyl
Snorlax
Hayiama
Excadrill
Sawk
Throh
And all Legendaries

And finally, here is the sign-up form. Please follow all of the instructions!

Name:
Pokemon: (Must be Shiny Form and final evolution)
Appearance: (At least 2 full paragraphs)
Pokejinka Appearance: (Must be Shiny Form)
Personality: (At least 3 full paragraphs)
Specialty: (Choose from above. Only 1 of each)
Moves: (Up to 10, 3 that pertain to your specialty)
History: (At least 3 full paragraphs)

Here is my sign up:

Name: Ian Yule

Pokemon: Cloyster

Appearance: Ian stands at about 5’5”, which is short for a boy of his age. He’s very slight in his build, but also very strong. Some would say he was “lanky” but in truth his muscles were very toned, although they were toned for control instead of strength.

Ian’s blonde hair was cut close to his head and remained perfectly groomed even though Ian rarely touched it with a brush. The tips of his hair seem to be brushed with frost. Outside observers have trouble deciding whether or not it’s just a trick of the light, or if that really is the color of his hair. His skin stretched smoothly across his frame, creamy and soft like milk. A doll could not have as perfect of a face as Ian was blessed with. Not a single blemish touched his small nose, and his perfect pink lips parted to show perfect white teeth on the rare occasion he smiled. His eyes reflected the melancholy of his attitude, a deep blue, like a sea sent into turmoil by a storm. His eyes called for the love he sought, but glistened with the many tears and fears he held.

Ian dons a pair of almost white blue jeans that are almost too tight for him but flair out around his ankles falling gently on his pure white sneakers with baby blue laces. A baby blue turtle neck finishes the base of his travel ensemble, but in the center of his chest dangles a carefully cut crystal hanging on a plain silver chain. On his right ring finger he wears a silver band with a single diamond imbedded in the center with his name engraved underneath. On his back he carries a white saddlebag with the single strap over his right shoulder.

Pokejinka Appearance: When Ian transforms, his body becomes encased in a light blue armor made of the same natural materials as Cloyster’s shell. On his chest, the armor opens around a large black pearl that resides in the center of his chest. A large spiked horn protrudes from the helmet that covers his head. All over the armor are protrusions like a Cloyster’s shell, with the two largest coming from each of Ian’s shoulder plates. In the center of his back the shell comes together, creating the “hair clip” type effect of the species. The only skin you can see of Ian’s is his face, hands, soles of his shoes, and a little of the skin on his chest around the black pearl.

Personality: Ian has a rather cold personality, so it wasn’t that odd that he became an Ice-type pokejinka. He seems to always be depressed and brooding even though nothing seems to be going bad for him. He rarely talks around people, and it’s normally odd for him to be near people at all. He prefers to be alone, but in all honesty, he craves friendship. He tends to blend into the background in everything he does. The main reason he doesn’t have friends is simply the fact that he is too afraid to try. He’s very willing to be a friend, but he will never make the first move. Just like Cloyster hide their face in their shells, Ian hides his heart and feelings behind an air of apathy. He is gay, but really the only reason that no one knows is because no one has asked.

Under all the depression, Ian hides a caring and burdened heart. He loves people, but out of fear of being hurt runs from their friendship. The only one to see his care and love is Chloe, his little sister. She wants Ian to be more open with people, but so far he has ignored and avoided her pleas for his secret desires.

Ian does have interests though. Although he is reserved, he loves performing and really has an interest in theatre and music. He is also extremely well read. Since he has no real relationships, he escapes as often as he can into books. His favorite books are young adult fantasy books, but he also reads the classics, sci-fi, teen fiction, and some non-fiction. His current favorite book is Another Faust, mainly because he identifies so much with the character Bice.

Specialty: Physical Wall

Moves: Iron Defense; Barrier; Aqua Ring; Spike Cannon; Icicle Spear; Rock Blast; Razor Shell; Shell Smash; Twineedle; Rapid Spin

History: Ian Greer Yule was born to Sine McKenna Yule and Frederick Yule two years after the young couple were wed. Ian was named after Sine’s Scottish heritage, his name meaning the same as hers. Four years later, they gave birth to a second child, Chloe Faunia Yule. The family lived a normal life for any upper-middle class family in a big city. Ian was a quiet child with not many friends. His parents were initially worried for him, but they only showered him with love and tried to ease him into relationships with other children his age.

The only person Ian really got along with in his younger years was his sister, Chloe. His parents adored the way that he cared for her when she was a baby, and when she got older, Ian was the perfect playmate. They knew their son was different, but it was definitely in a good way. Ian and Chloe grew to be very different. Once Chloe started school, she blossomed into a social butterfly. Where Ian was quiet and shy, she was exuberant and outgoing. Ian started to feel left behind by his sister, but she never left him. Although she was younger, she sensed that he needed her, and she always made time for her older brother. She tried to get him to come out of his shell by exposing him to things that boys his age normally liked, one of which was pokemon, which he took to like a fish to water.

One summer day when Ian was 13 and Chloe was 9, Sine and Frederick took them to a park for a wonderful picnic. The family often did things together in the summer on the weekends, just to bond and enjoy each others company. Many times, Sine’s younger sister Finley and her husband Jules accompanied the family, but were unable to make it due to Jules’ job commitments. While there, a convenience store was robbed and the thief made his escape by running through the park the family was visiting. Hearing the shouts of the policemen in pursuit, Frederick attempted to stop the man by tripping him, sending the thief sprawling to the ground. As he got up to run off, the man shot Frederick and after he realized the police were now going to catch him, shot Sine as well as she knelt over her husband. Chloe and Ian were at the playground when they heard the shots fire, and when they ran back to their parents, they found policemen surrounding their picnic site. Both Frederick and Sine were pronounced dead at the scene, and their Aunt Finley took the children home.

Finley and Jules raised their niece and nephew as if they were their own, but Ian retracted even farther into his shell after his parents’ murder. As much as they tried, Finley and Jules could only get so much out of their nephew. He continued to do well in school, but socially he was sorely lacking, only interacting with other kids when absolutely necessary. The only person who he would interact with at all was Chloe. She handled the burden of her brother better than most little girls ever could. She was tested and found to be a genius academically speaking, and also showed signs of maturity that could only be considered impressive by their aunt and uncle. She continued to provoke Ian in to pseudo-social situations through things that she knew he enjoyed. They played Pokemon almost nonstop, developing strategies that seemingly never failed. In fact, Ian became the best around, quickly rising through the ranks at local tournaments until he became the second runner up at the regional tournament, sending him to nationals.
Report Spam   Logged

Please click me to help me grow!!!!!

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum