Aisenfield
March 28, 2024, 11:05:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: iCieluscian and iMalicia are in stores now! Go get one. Production of the iJirae has been canceled due to technical failures and uselessness.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

What's the story, Morning Glory?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What's the story, Morning Glory?  (Read 1978 times)
Doru
The Muffin Man
Elite

Bang!

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2013, 02:46:21 pm »

I'm cool with both of those...
Report Spam   Logged
Terak
Occassional Appearer-After-Long-Spans-of-Time
Global Moderator
Resident

Possibly a Ghost

Level 6 Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Linux User
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2013, 03:35:54 pm »

Make both.

Fill this place with roleplays.
Report Spam   Logged
Crimson Curse
Mr. Curse
Resident

Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2013, 04:11:22 pm »

I'm sure none of us have the patience or motivation to properly conduct/play out a Trainer RP. I'm guessing that currently, RPs in the vein of Terak's Elyrion is probably the only type that has a chance of surviving and prolongling. Instead of brainstorming for weeks to cook up a plot, then spending 3-4 days writing out the introductory post and figuring everything else, it is almost a sin to see people losing their motivation and letting it die. Better to let play-by-post RPs without a predetermined plot start and prosper (before eventually dying, if it does in fact, lead to it) than to see a well-thought-out RP fading off into obscurity. After all, ''Elyrion'' RPs are, in effect, 'spur of the moment' kinda stuff, aren't they. Like sort of on the spot improvisations. At least compared to a normal RPG anyway.

So what do you guys say? Since we always look for a way to liven up the boards, shouldn't we give it a try? If we have a few interested people, we can have a small discussion about a basic concept/setting, and then, should circumstances favor, get a lead on it already.

Right?
Report Spam   Logged

The one and the same, whom you might have known or seen from a time long gone.
Crimson Curse
Mr. Curse
Resident

Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2013, 04:18:44 pm »

My opinion: Zombie apocalypse RP might work. It might get a unanimous green light even.
Report Spam   Logged

Crimson Curse
Mr. Curse
Resident

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2013, 04:29:24 pm »

Oh, btw, Brazil are through to the finals of the Confed cup, after beating Uruguay. Wishing Spain win tomorrow against Italy.

This is football that I'm talking about. The real kind. Not your American shenanigans! Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

lazlo623
Resident

Yup, you guessed it: it's ll623 here... :D

Linux User Mobile User Level 5 Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2013, 04:38:47 pm »

You have a point there, for example, back when we did Around the Regions, we did post some huge amounts of story in one go, so in that regard, I agree. Maybe if we keep them shorter... I will have to check up on Elyrion and if we talk it through, it could actually work out.

Okay, after looking through Elyrion, I was a bit too quick about the short posts, so there would not be much of a change. And though you may be right, I don't know, something tells me that a trainer-Rp. could still work. Or maybe it's just my feeling of being comfortable with that type of story. And thanks for supporting the Zombie Apocalypse RP. Smiley It could have room for some potentially interesting possibilities. Though in my mind, it's an interesting (to examine anyways) and frightening concept. Even I'm not sure how much preparation and resrearch it would entail...or maybe I'm just overcomplecating...happens to me a lot. Grin Still, if we talk through things, I'm sure we could work it out. I would certainly be interested.

On another note, I'm not much of a football fan, but I know what you're talking about. Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Terak
Occassional Appearer-After-Long-Spans-of-Time
Global Moderator
Resident

Possibly a Ghost

Level 6 Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Linux User
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2013, 06:43:30 pm »

Part of my line of thinking behind Elyrion was that a roleplay doesn't have to be "completed" in order to be successful. If you have a writing idea that you want to explore, you shouldn't be hesitant to host a roleplay for fear of being locked into a several-month commitment to ensure the RP reaches a certain destination.

My advice would be not to worry about whether a zombie apocalypse RPG would "work". As far as I'm concerned, if it gets even a few good, engaging posts, then it has worked just fine.
Report Spam   Logged
lazlo623
Resident

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2013, 06:50:50 pm »

True, my worry was rather about the locations, possible research for survival means and so on. But we would talk about those things eventually. I've read a great book a few months ago, I will continues once I can get my Kindle working again. Grin It's a fictional zombie apocalypse survival story written the form of a blog.

On another note just to get a wee bit off-topic, I've had problems changing my avatar picture, I kept struggling with it but I guess I did manage to change it after all. Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Crimson Curse
Mr. Curse
Resident

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2013, 11:40:42 pm »

Cool. Let's give it some days, shall we? Let a few more people read up all this, and see if we can generate some interest. Hopefully, if things fall into place, we might see a new RP sometime in July, I guess. Also, exams on, on my side, which will get over on the 6th. After that, we can set things in motion, when, I'm hoping, number of people will be increased from what we have now. And since there won't be any set number of participants, it would be nice to see people like DB or Terak post in it sometime too, if they feel like. But of course, I'm getting too ahead now.

PEOPLE, READ ALL THIS, AND POST HERE IF YOU ARE INTERESTED. POST EVEN IF YOU AREN'T, I WANNA KNOW WHAT YOUR OPINIONS ARE, REGARDING ALL THIS.
Report Spam   Logged

Doru
The Muffin Man
Elite

Bang!

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2013, 01:01:14 am »

Posted
Report Spam   Logged
Picard
Tamamo-no-Mae
Administrator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Beyond the Horizon

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Level 7 Linux User
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2013, 02:36:53 am »

Eh, I'm more upset about the fact that I'm usually the last one keeping the RP alive and no one else gives a damn.
Report Spam   Logged

DarkToph
Ruler of all things Dark and Tophy.
Global Moderator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

I am the Queen of Randomness. You may gawk at me.

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2013, 01:32:14 am »

I RP as well as a ferret drives a stick shift.....which is not very well.
Report Spam   Logged

lazlo623
Resident

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2013, 06:27:00 am »

I RP as well as a ferret drives a stick shift.....which is not very well.
I'm still a learner myself, so don't worry about it. Grin Still, I'm curious to see how this will work out.
Report Spam   Logged

Picard
Tamamo-no-Mae
Administrator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Beyond the Horizon

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Level 7 Linux User
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2013, 09:37:42 am »

Speaking of stick shift, I'm still bad at driving. Goddamn sharp turns.
Report Spam   Logged

lazlo623
Resident

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2013, 01:26:56 pm »

I'm not that bad, but still lack experience...and I probably will until I can find a decent job, save up enough money and buy an old rustbucket of my own to practice on. Still not too good considering that I've gotten my license more than 3 years ago.

Btw. good luck on your exams CC!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum