Aisenfield
April 19, 2024, 11:35:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Sanity is for the boring.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Dreadful Curse: The Adventure Game

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dreadful Curse: The Adventure Game  (Read 1425 times)
>>>>Booster
Fuzzy
Esteemed Members
Resident

Badges: (View All)
Seventh year Anniversary Search Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Level 4
« on: March 18, 2011, 07:25:19 pm »

Dreadful Curse

Well, here it comes. I figured I might as well have this interactive fiction thing. It operates on the conventions of most text adventure games, with edits for convenience and such.

In short, you, the mass at large, are the players, controlling a single character. You are, for the most part, unexplained and nondescript, although, you are a relatively unimposing male.

In most cases, your immediately visible surroundings are described whenever you enter a new section. You will have to inspect most objects to know more about them or read them. You can be as specific as you want, or vague within reason. The character tends to be very perceptive.

Remember, the more players there are, the faster things can move, and the faster things can get interesting.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Part 1: The Wizard’s Seal
   With a deep breath, you step off of your small sail boat and tie it to the sturdiest object you find. You are on a beach and it’s quite sunny. To the north, you see a tall cliff face with thick roots protruding from it in a seemingly climbable manner. East leads to an old, paved road of cobblestones that will take you to the ruins. The ocean and your boat are to the west; you’ve already gotten all your gear and items of use with you. South takes you further down the beach—you can see the home of a hermit built upon some large rocks protruding from the sand. 
   >_

--
Gear
Head: Gatsby hat
Upper Body: Thermal shirt w/ reinforced denim jacket
Lower Body: Sturdy, loose jeans w/ riveted seams
Hands: Fingerless gloves
Feet: Boots
Extra: Over-shoulder bag (Waterproof! {Holster for equipped knife})
Holster: Large Revolver (Ten shots)
Bag Holster: Bowie Knife
Right Hand: Silver ring

Inventory (Bag)
Magic Healing Stuff x6
Map (Catalogs data on previously entered areas)
Canteen (10/10)
Binoculars
Journal (Contains summaries of past events and current objectives)
Compass
Serrated Fish Fang x8

Deaths
Drowned by Snatching Seaweed (lol beefgates)
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Picard
Tamamo-no-Mae
Administrator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Beyond the Horizon

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Level 7 Linux User
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 08:08:19 pm »

>GO SOUTH
Report Spam   Logged

>>>>Booster
Fuzzy
Esteemed Members
Resident

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 08:45:57 pm »

>GO SOUTH

You walk south, cursing at the soft sand for making just walking a chore.

You stop by the hermit's wooden hut/house. East will take you to the hermit's abode. South leads further along the beach, however, you see little more than the curvature of the shoreline in the distance. Your boat and the cliff are one section North. To the West lies the sea.

You notice the hermit is asleep on a bed in the shade of a nearby tree that grows over the rocks. He's a wrinkly, old man in light clothing and nothing in the way of a threat as far as you can tell. At your feet, there's a circle of rocks around some burnt up lumber and the bones of what would appear to be a rather toothy fish.

>_

(You can also give more than one command, I forgot to mention, as well as multiple players stacking them on top of each other with, "if," statements and the like.)
Report Spam   Logged
Picard
Tamamo-no-Mae
Administrator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Beyond the Horizon

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Level 7 Linux User
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 09:23:25 pm »

>TALK HERMIT
Report Spam   Logged

Kenji
Admincat
Administrator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Harem Master

Nineth year Anniversary Search Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 20000 Posts
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 09:43:47 pm »

>INSPECT FISH BONES

In particular, see if those teeth are big, sharp and/or strong enough to be used as a makeshift weapon. Maybe ammo for an archaic crossbow. Hell, let's just see if the fish bones can be useful for anything.
Report Spam   Logged

>>>>Booster
Fuzzy
Esteemed Members
Resident

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 11:54:14 am »

>INSPECT FISH BONES

You kneel down by the remarkably intact fish's skeletal remains. They're quite large. You surmise that it's likely a deep sea fish and the hermit must have quite the hell of a boat somewhere on the island. You also now feel slightly lucky that you weren't attacked by anything while you were out at sea.

You pay specific attention to the teeth. It appears the fish has eight Serrated Fangs! Eight! Along with some more, smaller teeth. They don't seem very sharp, however. Carefully, you pick up the skeleton by the eye socket and twist at one of the fangs. It breaks loose and feels reasonably sturdy.

The rest of the fish's bones are what you'd expect from a fish. Long, relatively thin, and annoyingly pointy; not the kind you'd like to find in your mouth while you eat. You bend a couple of them to see that they're quite flexible, though thin. You thought that maybe you could make a brush or something out of them, but nothing too harmful, considering they'd likely prick the skin, then just bend away and snap.

>TALK HERMIT
You stand back up and turn to the still sleeping hermit. "Hello!" you call out to him. He stirs, but doesn't wake up. You try again.

"What? Who's there?" The hermit starts, leaping to his feet. You were skeptical as to how he got that fish, but it seems he's quite (deceptively) physically capable. "Oh," he mutters. "Another one."

>_
Report Spam   Logged
Picard
Tamamo-no-Mae
Administrator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Beyond the Horizon

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2011, 08:33:30 pm »

>"Hello. My name is Bob. Were you fishing? And what do you mean, 'another one'? Are there others before me?"

((Oh, please update the first post if we ever get new items or stuff. Like the fish bones.))
Report Spam   Logged

>>>>Booster
Fuzzy
Esteemed Members
Resident

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2011, 09:38:41 pm »

((Done. I'll include the status altogether whenever I post on a new page.))
------------

>"Hello. My name is Bob. Were you fishing? And what do you mean, 'another one'? Are there others before me?"

That wasn't your real name, though. You figured it wouldn't be the best idea to put that kind of trust in a stranger quite yet.

"Oh yes, I was fishing," the hermit says. "With my bare hands I walked on water and plucked it from the ocean by the scruff of the neck—no!" Lovely humor. You try not to roll your eyes. "One of those monsters brought it to me. I haven't the clue as to why they're giving me anything." Monsters? "But yes. Another one." The hermit(?) points at you scornfully and waves his arm. "Every once in a while a fool like you comes along lookin' fer treasure and they never come back! Though they've all been the sword-swingin' types with meat for brains!" he shouts. "I'm not surprised. At least you seem to have intelligence." You feel quite complemented, but your mind is on other things.

"Treasure?" You know about The Wizard's Seal, but are there other things on this island?

"It's nothing you're interested in, boy. Go back from whence you came." The hermit is direct with his words. He does not appreciate your presence.

"And about these monsters?" Monsters that could wrestle a fish like that out of the ocean? Or maybe a body of water that cuts through the island?

"They're nothing you want or need to know about. Now go away!" It doesn't seem like the hermit will tell you anything else, let alone waste his breath speaking with the likes of you. With a sigh, you put a hand on the back of your neck and look away. The sun is at the top of the sky and your shadow is rather small. It might be best to travel whilst you can still see. Lord knows what could be waiting for you in the island's interior.

>_
Report Spam   Logged
Picard
Tamamo-no-Mae
Administrator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Beyond the Horizon

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2011, 10:29:45 pm »

>GO WEST
Report Spam   Logged

CM
ovelrord
Resident

Search Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Linux User
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2011, 07:05:40 am »

dammit booster ramzam

why didn't you make this years ago when it was a fantastic idea
Report Spam   Logged

pıɐs ǝɥs 'ɟɹɐ

suıɐɯop ʇuǝıqɯɐ ʎןɥbıɥ ɹǝɥʇo puɐ ǝɔuɐuosǝɹ ɔıʇɐɯoɹɥɔuɐd pǝssǝɹdǝp-ןɐpǝd uı ɹoıʌɐɥǝq uosɹǝd-ʇɹoɥs ɟo ǝɔuɐɔıɟıubıs ǝɥʇ pǝɹǝpuod 'uoıʇɐɔıɟıpoɯ ɹǝɥʇɹnɟ ǝuobɹǝpun buıʌɐɥ 'bop ɐ 'uʎןǝʌǝ
>>>>Booster
Fuzzy
Esteemed Members
Resident

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2011, 08:50:16 am »

dammit booster ramzam

why didn't you make this years ago when it was a fantastic idea
That's an easy one. Years ago, I was an unsophisticated fledgling teenager with a love for >9,000!!1 jokes.

It took a thread at PE2K to make me wanna do this. Either way, it has about the same amount of players here as it does there. The PE2K one is 'mon based, tho. LOL
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>GO WEST

With a shrug, you turn west and march on...wait, that's where the ocean is. Oh well.

You wade through the water (which is remarkably clear, might I add), searching for anything notable buried in the sand. However, you find nothing and are now up to your elbows in sea water. Since you can't swim (well), due to plot reasons, you stop, fearing you might walk off a ledge and be in over your head. You cross your arms and tap your foot. Your boat is to the North. East will take you back to shore. South leads into the distance and so does West.

Before you can think over your next action, you feel a strong current pushing against you. Suddenly, the feeling of hard, slippery scales grab your ankle and pull you off your feet. You are dragged to the bottom of the shallow water and pinned by what would appear to be some strange sort of plant, you struggle to break free. Even using your knife, but the plant's defenses are apparently too strong and you drown.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
You are by the hermit's wooden hut/house. East will take you to the hermit's abode, but the hermit blocks your way. South leads further along the beach, however, you see little more than the curvature of the shoreline in the distance. Your boat and the cliff are one section North. To the West lies the sea.

You notice the hermit is sitting on a bed in the shade of a nearby tree that grows over the rocks. He's a wrinkly, old man in light clothing and nothing in the way of a threat as far as you can tell, but not of the most personable type. At your feet, there's a circle of rocks around some burnt up lumber and the bones of what would appear to be a rather toothy fish. Some of its teeth are missing

>_
Report Spam   Logged
Weirdo
Elite

Level 6 Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Search Apple User
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2011, 02:03:24 pm »

> Go north
Report Spam   Logged

Shameless self promotion : Any Last Words
>>>>Booster
Fuzzy
Esteemed Members
Resident

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2011, 02:57:55 pm »

>Go North

You turn back around and head back to where you've tied down your boat. Further North, you see a cliff with roots sticking out of it that appears to be scalable. South will take you back to the sour hermit. Your boat is a little to the West. To the East, you see ruins in the distance.

You sneeze.

>_
Report Spam   Logged
Picard
Tamamo-no-Mae
Administrator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Beyond the Horizon

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2011, 05:46:36 pm »

>RUB NOSE AND SNORT.
Report Spam   Logged

>>>>Booster
Fuzzy
Esteemed Members
Resident

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2011, 06:06:43 pm »

>SIT AROUND LIKE A BIMBO NOT ADVANCING THE PLOT.

You rub your finger beneath your nostrils and sniffle up the loose snot. You hum a bit of a show tune as you stand around doing nothing in particular.

You twirl your gun around like the guy from Red Dead Revolver.

>_
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum