Aisenfield
April 19, 2024, 10:25:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: To the Aisencave!

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

PaperPokes

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PaperPokes  (Read 504 times)
Chey
Resident

Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter Level 4 Level 3
« on: December 26, 2010, 07:53:33 pm »

I don't know how many people are familiar with this website, or if anyone even cares, but I've been visiting it for several months and it only just occurred to me to post it here.

http://www.pokemonpapercraft.com/

Every Monday (and at random times during the week sometimes) they post up a new Pokemon papercraft for everyone to try. The models are incredibly high quality and fairly straightforward to make, depending on your skill level (even if you suck, if you're patient you can make some advanced ones like I did; my first model was a "hard" label one).

I've only made a few. Vulpix was my first, Phanpy (ears up version) was my second. I attempted a Sunflora but because I only use standard paper and don't bother with thicker stuff, its neck wouldn't stay up, and I made a Pichu for a friend. They're pretty fun to do if you have the time Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Venom
Straightedge
Elite

The Heavy Metal Harbinger of Death

Apple User Mobile User Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Windows User
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2010, 08:24:10 pm »

That looks neat. I'd like to try my hand at one but that will have to wait until I get a chance to use the desktop as it has the only printer in the house.
Report Spam   Logged

Xavier, making it rain on dem ho's XD. Credit to CM for the win pic.

*XBL Gamertag: xANTiVEN0Mx ... PSN ID: XMEGAVENOMX

"Only through struggle, have I found rest, but with a piece of me taken away. Remove from me this deception, that I called love" ~ As I Lay Dying
DarkToph
Ruler of all things Dark and Tophy.
Global Moderator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

I am the Queen of Randomness. You may gawk at me.

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2010, 10:52:44 pm »

Intriguing. I've always wanted to do stuff like this and now I have an excuse. I'm gonna try some out. ^_^

Report Spam   Logged

STARMAN15
Resident

Level 5 Level 4 Apple User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 11:05:43 am »

Ok, so I downloaded the patterns, but since I have a Mac, I can't download the 'how to put it together' videos... Is there somewhere else to find these?
Report Spam   Logged

Please click me to help me grow!!!!!
Chey
Resident

Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter Level 4 Level 3
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 06:46:58 pm »

I'm not sure on that one, man. I've never used those videos, I just put them together on my own. The only tip I can give though if you don't know, is that normal dashed lines are fold "outward" I suppose (fold in half so the colour is on top), and the dashed and dotted lines mean fold "inward" (fold so the white is on top). I didn't know that until I'd done my first model and it made a lot more sense doing the next one lol.

If you just put it together piece by piece or from top to bottom and follow the picture of it, you shouldn't have too much trouble.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum