Aisenfield
March 29, 2024, 03:03:17 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Every day is a repost day.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Terak's Tablet Tableau

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Terak's Tablet Tableau  (Read 1711 times)
Terak
Occassional Appearer-After-Long-Spans-of-Time
Global Moderator
Resident

Possibly a Ghost

Badges: (View All)
Level 6 Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Linux User
« on: November 05, 2010, 05:49:21 pm »

Welcome to my mini gallery. Anime art has been a casual hobby of mine over the past few years, and I enjoy practicing with my Wacom art tablet whenever the inspiration arises. For drawing programs, I cycle between Microsoft Paint and Adobe Photoshop, depending on the effect I want to achieve. Thus, some of my pics are a bit on the pixelly side.

My collection is modest, but it continues to grow a little more each year. It's been a little while since my last contribution to it, but for now, here are some of the pieces that I've hung onto. Comments and critique are both welcomed.

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the backgrounds in this particular post.

~1~
Terry Myers

My pokemon trainer character. He's brash, competitive, and vain as a Prinplup.

A Staunch Pose
". . . . . . ."
Paint Doodles

~2~
Now or Never

A Pokemon Sinnoh roleplay hosted by Killian of the Marriland forums. For a region-based RPG, it had a pretty promising start. Its characters were:

Kasey

Willis

Mason

Katerina

Here is a group picture. It unfortunately does not feature Kat, due to difficulties in getting sufficient information on her full appearance. This one will remain unfinished.

~3~
Kenta Q. Daitan

Everyone's favourite spectrum swordsman. Kenta was kind enough to use the avatar version in his profile. I made an alteration of this picture to make the hair look more realistic, but Kenta preferred the original.

~4~
Mega Man X Banner

My submission to Keladry's Banner Contest. It didn't come close to winning, but I'm still pleased with the way it turned out.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Doru
The Muffin Man
Elite

Bang!

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 08:37:20 pm »

*Head asplodes*

Terry looks awesome, I could actually see him in the anime. If I remember right you used one of those pics as an avatar for quite a while right? Looks really cool as do the others that were made for the roleplay. Kasey's hair kinda reminds me of Bakura's epic hair and  Willis looks a bit like a grown up Max. I wish I could draw like you Terak  Cheesy

Now I feel like poke' rping or trying to fraw like that..... although I have no way to fill it in with colours.

Kenta looks like a picture you'd find in like the game manuals/strategy books. Came out pretty good. I remember seeing that banner in the contest, came out swell aswell  Wink Like the text stuff you did with it and the border you used for it. Who's that in there though, Megaman?

You have anymore like your avatar? And I'm guessing that's like a non-pokemon related Terry, or am I mistaken?

Report Spam   Logged
Picard
Tamamo-no-Mae
Administrator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Beyond the Horizon

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Level 7 Linux User
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 08:57:02 pm »

I see you're very influenced by the Pokemon artstyle. Pretty good!
Report Spam   Logged

Kenta.....
Fallible Human Being
Esteemed Members
Resident

Emotionally Retarded

Linux User Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 09:39:32 pm »

You've got the most professional-looking art of anyone I've ever known personally (although admittedly, that's not saying much).  I'd seriously consider hiring you to illustrate my books . . . if I had books.  And money.

Would I be able to see these on Deviantart if I were to look?
Report Spam   Logged

Recently discovered Pathfinder (modern D&D). Thanks for introducing me to the concepts all those years ago.
Terak
Global Moderator
Resident

Possibly a Ghost

Level 6 Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Linux User
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2010, 09:55:02 pm »

The guy in the banner is Mega Man X, Doru. Concerning your other question, no, I haven't made any more drawings in the style of my avatar. The kid featured in the avatar is just an 8-year-old version of Terak Thelias. Terak was also once the name of my pokemon trainer character, until I decided that it wasn't believable enough.

I currently don't have a DeviantART account, Kenta. I may start one up if my drawing activity picks up again.

Thanks for your compliments, everyone.
Report Spam   Logged
DarkToph
Ruler of all things Dark and Tophy.
Global Moderator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

I am the Queen of Randomness. You may gawk at me.

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2010, 02:23:58 am »

You make me wish I wasn't a lazy-ass and actually worked on some new stuff even though I have new stuff it's just not re-done digitally....You also make me wish I didn't think my art sucked.  Sad

But yeah, holy crap, not kidding, I thought these were actual screenshots from Pokemon. o.o
Report Spam   Logged

Weirdo
Elite

Level 6 Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Search Apple User
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2010, 08:04:18 am »

I thought these were actual screenshots from Pokemon. o.o

Same here. These are amazing Terak, you're really good. Wish I had your skill.

Only critique I can give (seeing as you asked for them) is if you could make them slightly more rounded and 3D... If that makes sense. But still they are awesome.
Report Spam   Logged

Shameless self promotion : Any Last Words
Terak
Global Moderator
Resident

Possibly a Ghost

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2010, 10:50:08 am »

I agree with you about the slightly flat look, Weirdo. Depth is a bit tricky to pull off. Thank you for pointing that out!
Report Spam   Logged
BlueRam
Prince of Randomness
Resident

Admit it, you think it's sweet! =D

Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter Level 3 Level 2
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2010, 11:08:43 am »

If I didn't know any better, I would have assumed there was a new pokemon series that I was unaware of.

This is good stuff, man. I guess we're both toward the top tier to our respective arts.
Report Spam   Logged

I looks awesome in spandex and so can you!

Rock Lee reads M.S.D AND loves America, why don't you?

[link]http://aisenfield.smfforfree4.com/index.php/topic,2636.0.html[/link]
Kageito
Number XV - The Howling Symphony
Resident

Forever a WoWfag

Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter Level 4 Level 3
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2011, 07:59:35 pm »

Wow, fancy stuff, Terak. I'm impressed. Would've easily mistaken these for actual screenshots. Geez. I'd so stalk you if you had a dA account.
Report Spam   Logged

I claim LotR, the Wheel of Time and WoW, Absol, Banette and Arcanine, Blaze the Cat, the Hookshot and Ocarina of Time from LoZ and The Lion King.

I hope to be more active on the RP front, guys, especially now that Crimson's back. :T
Hit me up for a talk if you've missed me or something crazy like that. And I might open an art thread once I get my tablet.
Terak
Global Moderator
Resident

Possibly a Ghost

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2011, 01:56:09 pm »

This was meant to be a casual drawing, but turned out much better than I expected. I didn't want to risk a bad shading job, so I left the colouring basic.

I'm not sure why I keep drawing Terak as an eight-year-old child.

Report Spam   Logged
Doru
The Muffin Man
Elite

Bang!

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2011, 06:22:50 pm »

Terak has the magic power to transform into an 8 year old version of himself to conserve energy Tongue

I envy your skills Terak, it looks really good, the index and ring finger on the right hand look odd tho'
Report Spam   Logged
CM
ovelrord
Resident

Search Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Linux User
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2011, 03:52:33 am »

+1 scarf of boyish charm
Report Spam   Logged

pıɐs ǝɥs 'ɟɹɐ

suıɐɯop ʇuǝıqɯɐ ʎןɥbıɥ ɹǝɥʇo puɐ ǝɔuɐuosǝɹ ɔıʇɐɯoɹɥɔuɐd pǝssǝɹdǝp-ןɐpǝd uı ɹoıʌɐɥǝq uosɹǝd-ʇɹoɥs ɟo ǝɔuɐɔıɟıubıs ǝɥʇ pǝɹǝpuod 'uoıʇɐɔıɟıpoɯ ɹǝɥʇɹnɟ ǝuobɹǝpun buıʌɐɥ 'bop ɐ 'uʎןǝʌǝ
Kenta.....
Fallible Human Being
Esteemed Members
Resident

Emotionally Retarded

Linux User Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2011, 03:45:41 pm »

For some reason, I'm strongly reminded of Link.  I don't know why.  But I agree with Doru about the child energy conservation thing.  Terak's the male, slightly-less-sexy version of Natsume Maya.
Report Spam   Logged

Recently discovered Pathfinder (modern D&D). Thanks for introducing me to the concepts all those years ago.
Terak
Global Moderator
Resident

Possibly a Ghost

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2011, 05:18:45 pm »

Maybe Terak is really the child of Link and Maya.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum