Aisenfield
March 29, 2024, 05:56:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: What is the speed of dark?

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

What types of TV shows do you hate/dislike/are annoyed by?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What types of TV shows do you hate/dislike/are annoyed by?  (Read 372 times)
DarkToph
Ruler of all things Dark and Tophy.
Global Moderator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

I am the Queen of Randomness. You may gawk at me.

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Level 6
« on: June 06, 2010, 02:44:24 pm »

First off, if anyone gets offended from anything said here because you like whatever show is being ragged on, please remember that not everyone has the same tastes and opinions. Just because you like something, doesn't mean everyone else does.

Secondly, when posting, please explain why you hate/dislike whatever TV show or kind of TV show. And I will allow some harmless ragging, but don't hate on the fanbase. Like said before, everyone has their own tastes.

This came up earlier when I was eating lunch; I forgot about it until I saw a Law and Order SVU episode touching about the same subject.

I hate TV shows that follow teenage pregnant girls around through their pregnancy. My mom LOVES these shows, other than some random dramas and her soaps it's all she watches.

Here's basically the premise for every show like this.

Hi, I'm 15! I had sex and now I'm pregnant. =D
This is my boyfriend. He's a **** who doesn't care that he knocked me up and won't help me with the baby. D=
These are my parents. They're super supportive and don't care that their child is a ****. ^_^
These are my friends; they help me pick out baby clothes and talk to me about stuff they know. Sometimes I have friends that give me their baby clothes from THEIR under-age pregnancies! <3
Watch me go through 9 months of bitching and moaning, crying, and shopping, all leading up to the big day where I **** and moan and scream for 6 edited hours and have my baby. Then afterwards you can watch me begin my unwed teenage mother life. Through the "I can't do this!  Cry " Phase to the "I love my baby and I'll do anything for it" phase. All the while trying to get my **** boyfriend to give a crap while he plays World of Warcraft and dumps all the responsibility on me while I do nothing to beat his sorry ass. I don't know why he's such a prick now. He was so sweet and nice to me before I let him screw me and got me pregnant. If I didn't know better, I'd say he was just trying to get into my pants before....But that can't be it! =D

I mean, seriously. Why do these shows exist? If it's to discourage teenage sex, well, having a TV show that basically always has a happy ending about it, and doesn't really show anything horrible about the situation...yeah, you're not doing a good job.

And it's not like any episode is really different. Okay, maybe the boyfriend might be supportive in a couple episodes, maybe the parents might not be (I dunno, I only watch when my mom puts it on TV during dinner) but, really come on.

I'll also come right out and ask why TLC needs two different shows following midgets around their daily lives...Especially when they don't ever really touch upon their hardships or anything like that....In fact, both shows show families that live 20x better than me or anyone I know.

I'm aware there's some obvious TV show choices I could've included here. But I've already worn them down to the nub rant-wise and won't bother. @_@

So, what's your TV annoyance today sir or ma'am?
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Weirdo
Elite

Level 6 Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Search Apple User
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 08:44:19 am »

Soaps, especially Coronation Street, Emmerdale and that other one I forgot the name of.

They're stupid. (nuff said)
Report Spam   Logged

Shameless self promotion : Any Last Words
Night
Esteemed Members
Resident

Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 03:22:19 am »

Lame Reality shows... (like DT said)..And soaps that go on and on and on and on FOREVER.. they are so boring, they make you love your real life !.. I hate them.

Report Spam   Logged
DarkToph
Ruler of all things Dark and Tophy.
Global Moderator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

I am the Queen of Randomness. You may gawk at me.

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 02:48:44 pm »

I hear ya on the soaps part. I don't get how anyone gets hooked on those things. You know what's the only things that happen on those shows?

People;
Sleep together
Die
Kill another person
"Seemingly" die
Go into comas
Have kids
Cheat on each other
Mysteriously come back to life
Have kids
Disappear

And keep doing it over and over and over and over and over and over. @_@

Like I care that Fernando or whatever his name is might not be the father of Jake or that 99% of everyone in the show is a ****, is anything INTERESTING actually gonna happen?! X[
Report Spam   Logged

Big Dawg
The Last Dawg Standing
Warned Members
Resident

Do not fear, friends - I'm here!

Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter Level 3 Level 2
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 09:47:24 pm »

Eh, pretty much any movie that is mainly people bitching and complaining about nothing. No point in watching other people's problems...

Then there's the stupid movie that's inspirational... You don't know why you watched it, it's a stupid movie, yet it inspires you, or makes you happy for a moment... More on the annoying side since it proved me wrong, and sometimes it's embarressing to admit you, ugh, enjoyed the movie. In the end it's a good thing, but the near/immediate future, you hate yourself for being so weak.

Any movie that's stupid, as in publicly ridiculed for its stupidity and badness are terribly annoying...

Yeah, everything already stated by you guys is also true in my book.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum