Aisenfield
April 19, 2024, 09:53:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: RED SAUCE ON PASTA!

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Board Revamp

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Board Revamp  (Read 376 times)
Paul the Abstinence Panther
Resident

No, Paddleton, no!!!

Badges: (View All)
Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Linux User Combination
« on: May 17, 2010, 01:18:59 am »

Right now, a lot of the board options seem pretty redundant (i.e. Member's Lounge/ Heroes' Hearth, Otaku Haven/ Worldly Media). I know that when I am just checking in on the site, I never scroll to the bottom, and Clash of the Artisans could be dead for all I know (merely because it's on the bottom.)

I'd vote for making sub-boards more prevalent, so that any activity at all seems like new activity, and brings on more posts. I'd say we might need a total of 4 main boards in the main category area.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Kenji
Admincat
Administrator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Harem Master

Nineth year Anniversary Search Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 20000 Posts
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 11:04:00 pm »

I can somewhat understand your point, but the site has been relegated to what few people can and want to sign on. Unless I or any of the staff were to see a sudden influx of traffic, I can't say there's much of a valid reason to merge the boards, or lessen the amount present. Not to mention it makes it easier to navigate for someone to look at older topics and posts (for any and all reasons they might be doing it) if they're still in their original forum.

So unfortunately, I'll have to say no.
Report Spam   Logged

Paul the Abstinence Panther
Resident

No, Paddleton, no!!!

Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Linux User Combination
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 11:14:10 pm »

I can somewhat understand your point, but the site has been relegated to what few people can and want to sign on. Unless I or any of the staff were to see a sudden influx of traffic, I can't say there's much of a valid reason to merge the boards, or lessen the amount present.

This was kinda the reason I suggested fewer main boards; I know that I am more likely to post when others post, and if someone posted in a sub-board, I would be more likely to click in to see what was going on, and see old topics on the way through.
Report Spam   Logged
EHW
Addict

Hey, it's that prick EHW!

Seventh year Anniversary Search Sixth year Anniversary Level 5 Windows User
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 04:02:03 pm »

I must say, board merging sounds like a good idea, but to be honest, keeping things as they are is probably the best thing to do at the moment. The community hasn't expanded in any way since last spring, so about 14 months back now. If we all know where we each will post, that's good, but keeping the sub-boards and boards which are fairly unused open to see means if we ever get new members or existing members return, they have a fairly solid understanding of all our boards.
Report Spam   Logged

Eido/ Eido Version 2/ Wraith/ Aidan - Credit to Zarean

Avatar courtesy of Zarean of Aisenfield/ miha-mimiko-kyattuha of deviantART.com.

Personal Text edited by EHW - so no-one need take offence or blame.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum