Aisenfield
March 29, 2024, 01:46:17 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You gotta keep it cool, or just burn it down to begin with.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Pokemon Golden Skies

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pokemon Golden Skies  (Read 1555 times)
Doru
The Muffin Man
Elite

Bang!

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2010, 09:57:19 pm »

@Roxas: HG/SS, my bad about confusion but we'll do it like the anime.

@Kendrix: Ok

Oh and your accepted Roxas
Report Spam   Logged
Hashihime
Wrow it's been ages
Veteran

It's a Bibliophile

Level 5 Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2010, 10:36:15 pm »

I'll try to have my sign-up by tomorrow. I'm juggling abunch of scholarships and the like, so... yeah... I'll try to get it done by tomorrow.
Report Spam   Logged

Doru
The Muffin Man
Elite

Bang!

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2010, 09:44:08 pm »

Gonna have to delay start time till tomorrow, my house is to messy and i gotta clean. Also I've added my sign-up to the 1st page. I'll start the rp at 6 (mountain time), have your sign-ups in by then. Or atleast get around to it, you can be late.
Report Spam   Logged
Hashihime
Wrow it's been ages
Veteran

It's a Bibliophile

Level 5 Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2010, 07:39:05 pm »

Finally finished with the sign-up. I hope she's alright.

Name: Yue Saotome

Profession: Traveler

Appearance: As short as always, Yue stands about five foot two inches. Her skin tone is pale, as if she had very little interaction with sunlight. Despite that fact, her skin is smooth with no imperfections detectable by human eye, and she does not sunburn quite as easily as one might think. She wears her long, dark purple hair in twin ponytails held up by black ribbons; with eyes of a dark amethyst color. It is inherited, miraculously. She did not dye it. Since it is a rather unusual color, she says that it is just a trick of the light to keep the attention away from her.

While Yue is not the most fashion conscious girl, she does have a special attraction to punk, gothic, and Lolita-ish clothing. While she does not wear most on special occasion, as that would be weird to even her, she does wear clothing that is eye catching and yet not alarming enough to outcast her. Her clothing merrily states that she has her own trend and she prefers to keep it that way. Her appearance starts out with an almost knee length, black skirt with a silver stripe close to the bottom- much like that of a schoolgirl’s uniform, only much more stylish. Her shirt is black camisole with silver accents, and a light, filmy, transparent black shirt which loosely fits like a regular shirt, with one button at the ribcage, which she occasionally leaves unbuttoned. The specific name of the material and it’s technical name escapes her. As for personal bags, she prefers a black and silver shoulder bag. It’s almost dainty in appearance, as to not harm her clothing or herself, but somehow manages to hold everything she stuffs in it. Also of note to her appearal are reading glasses- only for the use of light reading and such, and black shoes which look suspiciously like Mary Janes, only much more ladylike with ribbons winding up her shins to her knees and less bulky, like dress shoes. Last but not least, long, black gloves which compliment the rest of her appearance, with a similar stripe like her skirt, and a black choker.

She knows her appearance doesn’t look completely practical for the typical trainer, but somehow she manages to do her own thing without getting one tear or rip. It stumps everyone, even her parents. Herself included, she doesn’t know.

Personality: Yue is a book mole, big time. She is rather quiet and mature, but can be quickly angered when the right buttons are pushed. Her small stature and petite body structure often make people underestimate her. Many even think she’s not a trainer because of her appearance and apparent lack of physical outdoor gear. Many peers view her as weird, while others view her as quiet or stuck up. She can be a bit of a little miss snarker at times, especially when she’s annoyed with events, but otherwise has a neutral view towards her peers. Many cannot decide whether she is friendly or unfriendly, as she seems to be somewhere in between, able to talk regularly to all but does not go out of her way to call anyone more than an acquaintance.  Pokémon, on the other hand, she has a rather big attachment too- or her own anyway. She often cares a lot more for her own Pokémon than she does for other humans, treating them the same as she would an actual friend most of the time. She has the same affection for books, as well. She always seems to have some information, book, or another along the same lines on hand when it is needed.

History: Despite Yue’s distain for living beings, she actually got along well with her peers in Saffron when she was little. Her childhood was the same as other children who had parents who were semi-watchful. Childhood friend every now and then, though she never did keep any friend ‘till childhood. Her personality just didn’t allow close relationships with her peers. To add to her dilemma, her parents also often couldn’t keep track of her, because their work needed their attention first. She never mentions her parents, as they are simply un-named researchers in their work.

Yue always preferred to be locked up in a room or library reading or researching. Whatever she did, she always had to be learning something new. Her ability to gain information quickly often landed her part-time jobs in various places around town, whether it be from reporting to researching. Obviously, as Pokémon are the prime focus in the world, they were often included in her jobs and daily life. In particular, Pokemon had a tendency to find its way into her studies. Her own Pokémon Clefairy, which was given to her when she was little, became her trusted companion. Normally, she would not have become attached, but the extended time and help given by the little puffball ended up with them sticking together like glue.

Now 16, Yue feels that she has learned all she can in Saffron and the cities surrounding it. Jobs had gone down there, thanks to trouble gained by greed within the city’s corporations, so she also decided to get away in order to not get caught up in it. She has decided to travel to Johto in order to gain new knowledge, catching a ferry along the way.

Pokemon:
1. Kaguya[F]
Species: Clefairy
Level: 5
Moveset: Pound, Growl, Encore
Other: Kaguya was named after the fairy tale princess of the Moon from the Tale of the Bamboo Cutter, a story she always liked as a kid. However, she just calls her “Hime” instead. She claims it’s because Kaguya is too long of a name to pronounce.
Report Spam   Logged

Doru
The Muffin Man
Elite

Bang!

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2010, 08:13:56 am »

Rumia, accepted. I got in trouble yesterday and couldn't use the computer. I won't be on again until like 9 so if someone wants to start us off do so, or wait until I come back. For the record people not from johto will ship to Olivine, try to keep near eachother
Report Spam   Logged
EHW
Addict

Hey, it's that prick EHW!

Seventh year Anniversary Search Sixth year Anniversary Level 5 Windows User
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2010, 09:00:55 am »

((Well... seeing as it's a simple nature of getting to Olivine and then possibly making your way through the streets, I may as well post now rather than wait. I don't exactly expect to meet other people's characters immediately, seeing as the ships will surely be arriving at different times. Nonetheless, I've set it up so it's about noon, lunchtime; made a market day, as the anime had good ideas with those; and finally made it so Taren can be found. Hopefully, he's acting his age (13) and it shouldn't be too hard to contact him if you want. The whole "Cranidos" outside Pokeball thing is a mere way of him announcing his love for Fossil-mon.))
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Taren looked over the side of the ship, the S.S. Marina, to look towards the harbour of Olivine City, where the largest Pokemon-driven lighthouse in the world exists. The wind swept through his hair at a gentle pace as the ferry drove towards the port, with wild Wingull and Pelipper flying overheard and around the bay. The morning sun glistened upon the waves, and the town seemed to be a flurry of activity, with very little seeming to be stopping or stopped for longer than five minutes. Which, according to the guide Taren had taken from the ship's shop, meant it was likely to be a market day in Olivine, where people from around the local area came to sell their products, ranging from food and drink to Pokemon enhancing products, and everything in between.

Feeling a tug upon his leg, Taren looked down to see Flint, his Cranidos, who was trying to get his attention so he could see what Taren was staring at. Smiling, Taren lifted his friend up into his arms, allowing the two of them to see the beauty of the morning-lit harbour. They continued to watch for the following ten minutes, until the ship docked at port, and then calmly made their way to the walkway off-ship, avoiding the crowds and people in their vehicles to make it to the mainland. Breathing in a large lungful of fresh seabreeze air, Taren and Flint followed the crowds towards the centre of town, looking to find the Pokemon Centre and the attractions for the day. The town clock chimed noon as soon as they got out of the crowds, and it seemed many passengers were making their ways to restuarants around town.

The pair quickly found themselves in the marketplace, where countless stalls were set up, but Flint quickly led the way to a fruit stand, whining slightly in order to get some fresh fruit, making Taren giggle in the process. Flint's stubby hands quickly grabbed at a small pile of fruit, holding them in between both arms and looking slightly ridiculous with the amount he held, while Taren, still giggling, paid the stall owner the relative price, allowing the owner to keep the change, being a paltry sum. Flint then once more led on, towards a public bench before hopping upon it and dropping it's load, quickly eating two fruit before Taren caught up...
Report Spam   Logged

Eido/ Eido Version 2/ Wraith/ Aidan - Credit to Zarean

Avatar courtesy of Zarean of Aisenfield/ miha-mimiko-kyattuha of deviantART.com.

Personal Text edited by EHW - so no-one need take offence or blame.
Chey
Resident

Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter Level 4 Level 3
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2010, 04:30:46 pm »

May as well get myself started too, while I'm here and have time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Uh, so... do you have any idea where I'm supposed to be going?"

Wheeler looked down at the Squirtle sitting on the edge of the boat next to him as the ship slowly pulled into the dock. Squirtle looked up at him with grim amusement, shrugging his tiny shoulders. Wheeler took a deep breath, sighed, picked up his ruck sack and straightened his back. He considered what to do with Squirtle as he leapt from his own perch to stare expectantly up at Wheeler. Somehow he'd managed to release the turtle from the confines of the Poke'ball as he'd wandered around the ship earlier, but had no idea how to get him back in there. Now, the Poke'ball was clipped to his belt, utterly useless until Wheeler worked out how to use it.

It was now okay to leave the boat, so the male began to move. Being so tall his strides allowed him to easily overtake several people on the way off the ship, and Squirtle had to hurry to keep up. The Pokemon was not worried about getting lost, his trainer stood head and shoulders above everybody else, and was pretty easy to spot in a crowd, even from Squirtle's low vantage point.

What Squirtle was more worried about was Wheeler's lack of knowledge about Pokemon. Squirtle had spent a considerably longer time in Oak's lab, before he had finally been chosen by someone and shipped off to meet his new partner. Squirtle had watched his friends begin their journeys and he was not jealous or unhappy, he knew his perfect partner would come.

But he hadn't expected his "perfect partner" to be somewhat of an idiot. Wheeler had no idea what he was doing as a Pokemon trainer; his knowledge of his own Pokemon extended to Squirtle's name and that was about it. Squirtle finally managed to catch up with Wheeler as the human stopped on the pier to wait for his partner.

"Squirtle squirt?" Squirtle asked as he used Wheeler's boots as a starting point so he could pull himself up to Wheeler's shoulder. The boy looked down at his Pokemon, clearly frustrated at his lack of understanding what he wanted.

"How about we go find some food?" he said awkwardly once Squirtle had settled onto his shoulder. Squirtle bobbed his head enthusiastically and Wheeler relaxed a little. At least he understood what that meant.

So he began to walk towards Olivine City, letting his gaze slide over the lighthouse before he refocused his attentions on the city itself. People were bustling around everywhere, merchants were trying to lure people into their stalls, and most notably people were buying food.

Wheeler made a bee line directly for the closest store, selling sandwiches of all different varieties. He picked up half a dozen, handed some money to the store attendant who took it and backed away, feeling a little intimidated, and then went to find himself a place to sit.

He handed one of his sandwiches to Squirtle, put the rest in his lap, and tore into one himself. He sat back and relaxed as he watched people scurry past him. Squirtle crawled down to sit next to him as they ate.

"Squirtle!" he cried out suddenly, just as Wheeler was starting on his third sandwich.

"What, do you want another one? You didn't even finish the one-"

Squirtle shook his head and pointed. Sitting a small distance away was another male with a Pokemon. The boy was younger and considerably shorter than Wheeler, but Wheeler's eye was caught by the dinosaur like Pokemon with him. He thought it looked pretty cool and strong, even though it was busy eating fruit. Why wouldn't a Pokemon like that be tearing into another Pokemon or something? Wheeler wondered to himself.

He chewed his food thoughtfully for a moment, before stuffing the rest into his ruck sack and stood up abruptly, causing a woman with her son to jump out of the way. Wheeler ignored them as they looked over their shoulders muttering about rudeness, and then looked to his Squirtle, who threw the remains of his sandwich in a nearby rubbish bin, and looked excitedly up at his trainer.

"I'm thirsty," Wheeler announced after a few moments silence. Squirtle's face fell and he whined as Wheeler picked him up and carried him to another stall, where he paid for a bottle of water. Squirtle continued to watch the other male and his Pokemon. After dealing with Wheeler's somewhat less-than-friendly attitude for a few hours, he wanted to go and make another friend.

Wheeler took a swig of his water and then looked down at Squirtle, who was watching the other male. Feeling rather uncomfortable about the situation Squirtle was creating, he furrowed his brow and considered his options. He wasn't particularly good at initially making friends of any sort. Reaching neutral grounds with Squirtle had been difficult enough for him, let alone another Pokemon and a human. Squirtle did seem eager though, so it was with slight reluctance that Wheeler picked his way through the crowd to where the young boy and the dinosaur were sitting.

"Hi," Wheeler said awkwardly, relaxing his grip on Squirtle so the turtle could jump down and say his own hello to the dinosaur.

"That's a pretty awesome Pokemon you have there," Wheeler followed up quickly, indicating with his head towards the Cranidos. He shoved one hand into his pocket and bit his tongue, wanting to make a comment on the boy's choice of attire, but deciding against it, and instead waited for the boy to reply.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I didn't want to get into any character control so I left it where it is, but I thought I should at least try to open up some interaction early. It's a bit harder than I'm used to doing having to write for a character like Wheeler instead of an openly social character (coupled with the fact I haven't RP'ed in a long time lol), but it's a nice challenge.

Tadashii, feel free to shrug him off or ignore him if you didn't want any interaction with him in the first place. xD
Report Spam   Logged
Kenji
Admincat
Administrator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Harem Master

Nineth year Anniversary Search Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 20000 Posts
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2010, 05:45:52 pm »

As the non-Johto trainers are coming in from Olivine, my question is how will that affect their journey? My guess is they'll have to find a safe way to Violet City so they can fight the first gym battle. Anyway, I just wanted to ask that before getting down to my intro.

------------------------------

Some people still found New Bark to be a quaint, beautiful, if not small town in the southeasternmost corner of Johto. Amongst those individuals was the young Luna as she strolled into the town. She had never found herself outside of Goldenrod City and wouldn't have normally known how to get here; however, her father had held onto his old Pidgeot, flying his daughter down to Cherrygrove before departing alone for Mahogany. From there, it had been little more than walking and evading the tall grass. Transportation aside, she focused on the task at hand.

Though she had never seen a Pokemon laboratory, finding Professor Elm's lab was a simple chore, as it was quite obviously the largest, most up-to-date building in town. Luna calmly cleared across the small distance between her and the lab, stopping before the door. A flash of blinding silver trickled across her peripheral vision, catching her attention as she inclined her head toward the left. Leaning against the wall of the lab, a girl with shock white hair held her arms folded against her ample bosom, clad in a form-fitting, black, long-sleeved v-neck, loose navy blue jeans, black boots and a pair of thickly-tinted sunglasses. Her positively pale skin seemed to draw in the sunlight, adding an eerie element of beauty. The shade-wearing girl cocked her head back toward Luna, a thin eyebrow raising in cold curiosity. Realizing she was staring at the stranger, Luna turned back to the lab doors and stepped through as they slid open automatically.

The first thing she saw was an energetic Chikorita galloping across the back end of the lab, and a labcoated man in his early thirties chasing after it. The Pokemon pulled a sudden ninety degree turn at the side wall, and its pursuer could do no more than yelp as he collided head-first with the wall, dropping the Pokeball he was clutching. Apparently satisfied with its results, the Chikorita happily treaded back over to the man, nudged his head, and proceeded to tap the capture sphere, returning itself into its confines. As the labcoat pursuer came to a stand, he sighed loudly, picking up the Pokeball and absently tossing it behind him, landing on a machine with two other balls. He turned around, finding Luna to be right behind him, and yelped again in surprise.
"Ahh! Oh... H-hello. Sorry you had to see that. I'm Professor Elm of the New Bark Town lab. Can I help you?"

Luna chuckled, taking Elm's hanging hand and shaking it firmly. "Nice to meet you, Professor. I'm Luna Starglowe, and I'm here to get my first Pokemon." The Professor glanced down at their joined hands with slight surprise, then shook his head and attended to the girl. "Oh, you are? Then in that case, please, follow me." He guided Luna over to the machine with three Pokeballs, gesturing toward each of them. "This is what I have right now. There's the grass type, Chikorita, which you undoubtedly just saw; she's quite energetic, though fiercely loyal. Then we have a fire type, Cyndaquil, though I haven't really seen his personality quite yet... And then there's a water type, Totodile. He's about as wild as that Chikorita, if not more, but that's typical of Totodiles from what I've seen. The choice is up to you, ultimately."

The young Starglowe stroked her chin as she weighed her options. She knew little about the Johto gyms, so choosing a starter for that purpose would be difficult. It would be more fair to pick a Pokemon based on what her father had taught her, because as far as Luna was concerned, he knew best. He had started with a Cyndaquil himself, but later caught a mighty Totodile that served as the vanguard of his team in all stages of its evolution. Perhaps it would be best... Lifting her hand, she hovered her palm over the Pokeballs for several moments before laying it down on Totodile's Pokeball and picking it up. "I'll take the Totodile. Is that alright with you, Professor?"

Professor Elm nodded. "Of course! As I said, it's your choice. I hope you two'll become good friends. Now, if you'll give me a moment..." He turned toward a desk and opened one of the drawers, fishing through its contents for a minute before pulling out a few items. He presented five red-white spheres, a bottle of purple liquid, and a peculiar crimson red rectangle to Luna, being careful not to let anything fall out of his hands and hit the floor. "These are some supplies to get you started. Those spheres like the one you're holding are called Pokeballs. They enable you to capture wild Pokemon, but I'd advise weakening them first. Works better... Ah, and this bottle is a Potion. If your Pokemon is weak and you're nowhere near a center, just spray it on their wounds and they should be good as new. Last is the latest edition of Johto's Pokedex. It has as much information packed into it as we could manage, and has plenty of pages available for new, up-to-date data. The operation's pretty self-explanatory, no difficulty involved."

Luna shrugged her backpack off her shoulders and brought it around in front of her, putting the Potion inside. She then took the five Pokeballs and clipped them to her belt, along with Totodile's, and deposited the Pokedex in one of her jacket pockets. She looked herself over briefly before focusing back on Professor Elm, putting her backpack back on. "How do I look?" The skittish professor managed a response as he folded his arms. "L-like a trainer raring to go. You'll be just fine, I'm sure... Is there anything else?" Luna shook her head, then grabbed Elm's hand again and shook it once more. "It was nice meeting you, Professor, and thank you very much." She started to turn for the door, stopping only as Elm placed his hand on her shoulder. "A-ah, before you go, I should give you my landline, in case you need anything on the road." The raven-haired girl nodded with a smile, taking Elm's dictation and recording his number on her Pokegear, then waving goodbye and finally stepping out of the lab.

Now, Luna had her partner Pokemon and a decent amount of starting gear, along with some money to last her. All that remained was to proceed back through Route 29, and begin her adventure through Johto to become a great trainer. She paused in this thought process to glance at the spot where the sunglasses-wearing girl was, only to find the spot vacant. Odd, but not worth pondering too heavily, she believed. With everything done, she set off from the town, a hand resting gently on Totodile's Pokeball...
Report Spam   Logged

Kendrix
Guardian Of The Timeline
Resident

Elemental Master Of Water and Ice

Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Level 5 Search Linux User
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2010, 06:59:12 pm »

((Sorry I'm late with my sign up))

Name: Ian Walker
Profession: Pokemon Trainer (aims to be a Gym Leader)

Appearance: Ian  has a stocky frame and reaches about six feet in height. He his slightly muscular due to his morning workouts, but it’s not that noticeable. He has a light brown complexion and blue eyes. Ian keeps his dark chocolate brown hair short, because it tends to curl whenever it gets pass a certain length. This causes his hair to appear rather wavy most of the time.

Ian normally wears a plain white short sleeve shirt, with a flame pattern printed in black and a black hoodie on top of it. The hoodie is normally kept un zipped unless it is really cold. He also wears a pair of faded navy blue jeans, which has enough space to keep some of his stuff. Since he likes to feel the wind in between his toes, Ian has decided to wear a pair of black sandals on his feet, instead of sneakers. For accessories Ian has a plain sliver watch on his right hand, and a sliver chain around his neck. On his back is a white backpack that contains all essentials that he would need in order to become a pokemon trainer

Personality: Ian is a rather easy going person. He simply likes to go along with whatever is currently happening, as long as it doesn‘t challenge his beliefs. Ian is type of person to think everything through before making a choice, or forming an opinion on a matter. Due to his laid back attitude, Ian doesn’t normally give his opinion on anything unless directly asked.  Although he may seem a bit shy due to the fact that he doesn’t express his opinion as often as others do, he is rather outgoing and talkative if you get him started on certain topics.

If you befriend Ian, he is very kind, sweet, and caring. You'll see that Ian is rather sarcastic at times. He also loves to laugh and smile, but can be serious if the moment calls for it. Ian is also an extremely loyal person to those she considers her friends.

History: Ian was born and raised in Cherry Grove City. He made many friends there and lived a normal life. He became interested in pokemon battles after seeing a match on TV between two gym leaders. After this Ian made a promise to himself, that he was going to be a gym leader when he was old enough. While most of his friends left around their tenth birthday, Ian couldn’t as his parent’s didn’t trust him enough to go by himself, and didn’t want to hire a mentor to go along with him. Instead Ian spent his time learning all he could about pokemon battles and how to go about achieving his goals. After seeing how dedicated he was, Ian’s parents gave him a pokemon and wished him good luck on his journey.

Pokemon:

Kai [F]

Species: Poliwag
Lvl: 5
Move Set:

Water Sport
Bubble
Report Spam   Logged

It seems as though, for better or for worse.... I'm Back

I had Kendra on my mind when I was replying for some odd reason...>_>;

Why, the world shall never know...
Doru
The Muffin Man
Elite

Bang!

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2010, 11:48:46 pm »

((Accepted, I'll edit post tommorow morning. To tired to wait for my mom to finish using the computer ))

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sun was on it's way up to the center of the sky, with Pidgey flying about. It was perfect weather to start a journey, Raymond was making his way through Route 29 avoiding any tall grass that he could. He still hadn't recieved a pokemon or pokedex like most of the other trainers as he would need one to be accepted into the Johto League. He remembered what he'd been told about the town where Prof. Elm lived and worked. A bit small yet really nice, as he made his way closer he could see for himself what everyone who'd always pass by Violet City meant.

"New Bark Town, The Town Where the Winds of a New Beginning Blow" read the sign just outside of the borders into the town. "Hmm, not long now until I get my new partner and start tearing things up..." Raymond said as he made his way to the visably biggest building in town.

As he made his way up the steps to the door he took one hand out of his pocket ready to knock until the doors suddenly opened automatically. "...Well, I feel stupid," Raymond quietly whispered. He entered and quickly found a man in a white lab coat looking over some papers on a desk while a group of other men in white lab coats were sorting things. 

"Uhh, Prof. Elm?" he asked with uncertainty as the man got up from his seat. "Yes, I assume you are here for a pokemon no?" "Yes, my name's Raymond Alvarez. I decided to start my journey and kinda need one," Raymond replied as as he shook the Prof.'s hand. "Ah yes Raymond, nice to meet you, your father called in a while ago mentioning something like this. Well follow me then," Elm replied as he walked a few steps to the back of the room to a desk where three pokeballs were lying.

"Have you decided what your pokemon will be? Or would you like a look at all of them?" Prof. Elm asked as he went around the desk. "Yes actually, I really wanted to get a Cyndaquil. It's been my favorite pokemon that I've seen so far," Raymond commented as he awaited Prof. Elm to show him which pokeball would be housing the Cyndaquil.

"Alrighty then," Prof Elm said as he pick up the pokeball on the right and released the pokemon inside. "Hey there Cyndaquil, this here is Raymond and he'll be your trainer." Cyndaquil yawned as he was released before bringing up some of his fire on his back and staring at Raymond. "Hey there Cyndaquil, you ready to go off?" "Quil!" Cyndaquil replied as it eagerly jumped at Raymond's chest where he was held up. "Heh, I think I'll name you Mercury, how about it?" Raymond questioned. "Quil!" Cyndaquil replied happily.

"Okay, well it's settled then, here's a pokedex and a couple pokeballs" Prof. Elm said as he returned from inside his desk and gave Raymond a pokedex and five pokeballs. "Thanks Prof. I'll take really good care of Cyndaquil" Raymond said as he began leaving with Mercury at his side.

"Alright now it's time to make our way to Cherrygrove and sign-up for the Johto League!" Raymond told Mercury as he nodded. And so with that they both went off running into route 29....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

((Sorry about the tardyness and shortness of this post. I had a case of writer's block today and yesterday well, I was really tired after the gym. As for your question, people who arrive in Olivine can give the gym leaders a shot if they want but they'd have to fail. Make your characters way through Ecruteak and then to Violet, No tree blocking the path ))
Report Spam   Logged
EHW
Addict

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2010, 06:46:44 pm »

((A/N: This isn't me CCing, rather Chey and I collaborated to create a conversation in a single post, so that we didn't block up the entire RP with four-line posts... ^^"))
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Taren looked up, to see an older boy staring at him, or rather, Flint, who was currently pigging out on the food. Taren waved the teen over. "You seem... a little lost, and also a bit put out. Oh, and don't forget confused!" Taren smiled warmly, before continuing, "Anyway, I'm Taren, and this is my partner, Flint!"

"'Taren' huh... isn't that a gi-"
"Squirtle!" Squirtle cut Wheeler off, understanding the direction his trainer was taking.
"Um, right. Well, my name's Wheeler in any case, and this is my Little Dude, Squirtle."

"So... by the looks of things, you seem confused about my Pokemon, am I right? Am I right? Anyways, he's a Cranidos, which is a Pokemon from a fossil! Said fossil is found mainly in Sinnoh region, but I'm lucky enough to have a super-cool dad who gave me a Cranidos as my starter!" Taren stopped chattering away, needing to breathe, before being cut off by Wheeler.

"Well, I suppose you know how to use one of these then?" Wheeler unclipped the Poke'ball from his belt and was mildly surprised when it expanded to fit comfortably in the palm of his hand. "I dunno how to get the Pokemon back into its ball..." He looked at Taren somewhat expectantly, while Squirtle sighed in slight irritation.

"Are you... a new trainer?" Taren tilted his head a little to the left, before blinking. "Doesn't matter I suppose, but yes, I know how to." Taren took the Poke'ball away from Wheeler, before aiming it at Squirtle. "What you have to do is aim it at your Pokemon, before pressing the button on the Poke'ball." Demonstrating, Squirtle started to glow red, before being sucked back into the ball. "To release your Pokemon again, just press the button once more. Okay?" Taren then smiled, hoping this helped. "Similarly, to catch a Pokemon, you need to hit the Pokemon with a Poke'ball, which in theory allows it to be fully captured, though in practice, sometimes a wild Pokemon can break loose..."
Report Spam   Logged

Avatar courtesy of Zarean of Aisenfield/ miha-mimiko-kyattuha of deviantART.com.

Hashihime
Wrow it's been ages
Veteran

It's a Bibliophile

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2010, 08:21:42 pm »

“Clefaaaaaaairy~”

A small, light-pink fluff ball with brown ears ran down the metal railing on the side of the boat deck.  It hopped and skipped, feigning a loss of balance every few steps to freak out her trainer.  Said trainer was a petite figure whose hair glinted purple in the sunlight followed after it, known as Yue.  Despite her fragile and seemingly non-athletic body structure, she caught up to the fast little creature without breaking a sweat.

“Hime! Get down before you fall in the water! You know I can’t swim after you if you do!”  Yue grabbed and scolded the Clefairy before it could jump away, and set her on the deck.  Hime, as her trainer called her, scratched behind her head with a claw, sweating slightly.  She loved messing around with her trainer, since she had grown up with her, but the girl could get irritated about her Clefairy’s common sense sometimes.

“Clefaaairy~ Clef clef!” Hime sang, pointing down at the side of the boat.  They had already docked, and the passengers were getting off.  Yue looked between the line and her Pokémon, before grumbling and ruffling through her bag, making sure she had everything.  Spare Pokéballs?  Check.  Spare Potion?  Check.  Spare Running Shoes snagged from her mom’s stash of old items?  Check.  Pokédex provided by Professor Oak when she had visited his lab?  No secondary Pokémon from Oak’s lab which Oak had tried to convince her into taking instead?  Double check.   A good stack of seemingly un-necessary books? Definitely checked.  She had already made sure that they were there before she left her cabin.

Yue flipped through the spines, making sure she hadn’t lost any, before noticing the Clefairy take out a sandwich behind her back and bite into it.  “Um… where did you get that?”  The small girl blinked, and sweat dropped.  She didn’t want any trouble, not on the start of her journey.  Hime shrugged innocently, and pointed at a pair of male trainers down by the dock, with a Squirtle and some form of dinosaur pokemon she wasn’t familiar with.

“You didn’t. You promised me that you wouldn’t cause trouble.”  Her purple eyes narrowed at the fairy creature, and a frown formed clearly on her features.

“Cle~”  Hime shrugged, and walked down the stairs to the dock.  Yue rubbed her temples, and hoped to avoid the two completely, and also hope that neither of them had seen her Clefairy steal the sandwich at some point during the boat ride.  She had gotten wrapped up in one of her books, and hadn’t noticed her escape her sight; or at least Yue was pretty sure that was what happened. She looked for a way around interacting with them, and picked Hime up before disappearing with the rest of the crowd coming off the boat.

Hime simply munched happily on the stolen sandwich. There wasn’t much her trainer could do about it now.  The little thing looked around the dock, having never been to this region before. She could see the occasional Machop and Pidgey that both of them were used to, but there were some natives at the dock with creatures neither of them were completely familiar with. Yue was sure of one thing. This was going to be an interesting experience.
Report Spam   Logged

Chey
Resident

Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter Level 4 Level 3
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2010, 02:19:20 am »

"Oh... that simple huh?" Wheeler muttered once Taren was done with the demonstration, and accepted his Poke'ball back from Taren's outstretched hands, "still, there should be an instruction manual or something for these things."

He pressed the button himself, and Squirtle rematerialised next to the two males and the Cranidos, a surprised look on his face from when he'd been recalled without warning. Feeling pleased with himself, Wheeler clipped the Poke'ball back to his belt and sat down with his forearms resting on his knees so he was hunched over, sitting his ruck sack in front of him. He listened while Taren explained about catching Pokemon, and screwed up his face in thought once the younger boy was done.

"Well I guess that's why Oak sent me some extra Pokemon balls when he sent Squirtle to me. You seem to know a lot about Pokemon," Wheeler added as a casual afterthought, turning his head so he could look at Taren. The younger boy shrugged and grinned.

"Can I help you with anything else?" he asked, and Wheeler was on the verge of saying no when he was hit with a sudden idea.

"Yeah there is actually. You knew how to use these Pokemon balls so I suppose you'd know how to use this..." he pulled open his ruck sack and rummaged around for a moment.

"Oak also sent me something else and I don't know... wait a second," Wheeler stopped himself mid sentence and withdrew a handful of Poke'balls. He clipped each one to his belt and then examined his handy work, feeling quite proud and sure of himself all of a sudden.

"There. Now I at least look like I'm training these things. What was I saying? Oh, right. So Oak sent me this and I got no idea what it is."

Wheeler withdrew a small red device, a Poke'dex. He sat himself up straight and showed it to Taren, before snapping his attention quickly back to his ruck sack, a look of brash irritation settling onto his features.

"That's a-"

"What the hell?! Come on, this isn't on!" Wheeler cut Taren off, yelling rather loudly and causing several passing people to stare in his direction. Without thinking Wheeler dropped the Poke'dex in his hand and dropped to his knees next to his ruck sack. It was Squirtle who managed to catch the precious device Wheeler had thrown before it hit the ground and smashed.

"Squirtle?" The turtle questioned, panicking at his trainer's sudden outburst. The huge male dug through his ruck sack, throwing clothes all over the place, apparently unaware that he was doing so. Squirtle put the Poke'dex carefully on the bench and ran around, collecting the clothes and placing them at a pile next to Wheeler. Finally, he sat up straight again and stared at Taren and his Cranidos, fuming.

"What is it?" Taren asked, and Wheeler jumped to his feet.

"Someone stole one of my sandwiches!"

Everything seemed to go unnaturally quiet. Eventually, a grin spread across Squirtle's face, and confusion was replaced with astonished amusement.

"Squir-her-hertle!" Squirtle began to giggle, amazed that all the fuss had been over a sandwich.

"This isn't funny! I had two sandwiches in there and now I only have one! Someone's eaten it! I wanted to eat that! I'm still a growing male and I need the energy!" Wheeler's outburst actually caused muttering amongst the crowd. Here was a huge, muscled male getting worked up over a missing sandwich.

"Certainly all brawn and no brains," muttered one girl to her friend, and the two ran off giggling. Wheeler ignored them and rounded on Cranidos.

"You took it, didn't you? All you've done is pig out, and-"

"Hey, that's not fair, you can't-"

"Well who took my freaking sandwich?"

"SQUIRTLE!" Squirtle bellowed at the top of his lungs and finally Wheeler subsided, and turned his gaze to his Pokemon.

"Right," he said, straightening himself and making a poor attempt at looking dignified after his outburst. "All I want to know is who took my food. I need to keep myself nourished properly or else I'm going to start gaining fat."

He rounded on the crowd of people behind him, eyeing them suspiciously, trying to find someone who looked uncomfortable. This was rather easier than expected, as everyone was now going out of their way to avoid him, lest he decide to take physical action. Finally, he turned back to Taren.

"Sorry," he said bluntly, and sat himself back down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cut off a little awkwardly. Tadashii said you wanted to travel with us Rumia so I thought I'd get something up that could lead you to meeting up if you wanted to at this point, but if you didn't want to then it'd still be easy to move on from here easily. I think I went a bit overboard, but when I saw your Clefairy stealing Wheeler's stuff, I couldn't resist Tongue

Oh, and I did a minor bit of CC. I didn't do anything drastic and only kept it minimal, I hope you don't mind Tadashii. Feel free to control Wheeler if you want too. I just thought it'd be easier to move on if I had a bit of character interaction in there, rather than ignore Taren through the entire post.
Report Spam   Logged
Kendrix
Guardian Of The Timeline
Resident

Elemental Master Of Water and Ice

Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Level 5 Search Linux User
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2010, 09:21:56 pm »

“The time is now 12:30” the rather large digital clock rang through out the huge Pokemon Center.

“Why does it have to be this long”  Ian muttered to himself, as he once again sat down on the soft leather chair that the Poke Center provided for it’s customers.

Although the registration clerk said the process would be done in a few minutes, it felt like hours since he gave her his pokedex and Kai‘s pokeball, in order for him to be register for gym trainer status, and the Regional Pokemon League. Ian glanced around the rather huge room, allowing himself to take in every last detail of it, in an attempt to pass the time.

The center was a rather huge building, the white floor tiles never seemed to lose it’s shininess, even as trainers trekked their way about the medical facility. The walls all around him was covered in some sliver wallpaper, except for the very top. The gap between the edge of the wallpaper and the ceiling was painted in a rather bright pink, which Ian thought was a rather strange color choice. Various plants were placed all round the Poke Center, in an attempt to give the room a more natural feel.

Finding the room rather boring Ian’s thoughts shifted to what he was told a few days ago about becoming a gym leader. He still remembered all of the steps he had to do before he would even be considered to become a gym leader. While most gym leader hopefuls spent their time as gym trainers, in an attempt to be noticed by the leaders of the gym once they retire, a fair amount chose the harder route. The same route that Ian himself was going to take, get all 8 badges and win the league, or at least come really close and then battle it out with other hopefuls when the time comes for a new gym to be opened.

“Ian Walker, your registration is complete”

This snapped Ian out of his thoughts, and he immediately turn his attention to the source of the voice. Ian quickly got up, and made his way to the registration counter in front of him. Once there, he collected the things he left their just moments ago. With a smile and a thank you he left the Pokemon Center at Cherry Grove City, a fully registered Pokemon Trainer.

Report Spam   Logged

It seems as though, for better or for worse.... I'm Back

I had Kendra on my mind when I was replying for some odd reason...>_>;

Why, the world shall never know...
EHW
Addict

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2010, 04:24:29 am »

Taren was slightly bemused about Wheeler's outburst. Sandwhiches? If it were my Pokemon or some of the more expensive items in my bag, that I could understand, but to have an outburst over a single sandwhich? I don't think Wheeler has his priorities straight...

"That's okay, Wheeler. I suppose you must really love your sandwhiches, huh?" Taren replied, trying to brush if off and act like it was perfectly normal. An awkward silence fell over the two, as their respective Pokemon felt huge sweatdrops down the backs of their necks before sighing - their trainers could be so silly sometimes.
"Anyyyyyyy-way... maybe we should tour the market some more, possibly go to the Pokemon Centre? I wanna see if Flint is A-Ok, and we could always see what's on at the market," Taren suggested, eating another fruit right after he finished speaking, some of its green juices running down his chin as he bite down into it. Wiping his hand over his face, he was quickly dry again, albeit sticky.
"Cran cran, Dossi Cran!" Flint replied happily, eager to see more of the town, then promptly licking his trainer's hand.

Both got up and off the bench, pssing by Wheeler and then turning to look at the pair, as if to say 'Are you coming?', to which the response was a hurried walk to be behind Taren. Snickering gently, Taren quickly picked up Flint before taking a look at his Pokearth, the map function on his Pokegear to find out which way to the Pokemon Centre. Studying it for a couple of minutes, much to an impatient Wheeler's slight annoyance, he then promptly closed it and walked towards the general direction of the Centre, via the marketplace in case something jumped out at him.
------------------------------------
After about five minutes walk, with the clock tower now saying 12:30, the pair of trainers had found themselves in the marketplace, and had just bypassed a female Trainer with an active Clefairy, who was eating food: specifically, what looked like half a sandwhich and a couple pieces of fruit... Taren shook his head, Must be my imagination,' he thought.

He strode towards the Pkmn Centre, passing by a few stalls. He pointed out a guide for new trainers out to Wheeler, and then promptly bought it as a gift when his fellow trainer reacted way too stubbornly. Taren then stopped outside a stall which was selling texts and items from the prehistoric Pkmn era - though there were no fossils, there was a guide to finding them. Taren's eyes were starry-eyed as he looked around the stall again and again.
A/N: Okay, I took the liberty of travelling towards the Pokemon Centre before getting my character caught up in doing his own thing. You know, as that's the personality right there. Yes, there was some small CC, two accounts actually. One was mere placing Bibbi's character in the city square; while I controlled Chey's character to follow mine. Controlling Wheeler was fitted to his personality, as until he works things out for himself, he would much rather stick to someone who he knows has knowledge of what they are supposed to be doing. Or at least, that's how it seems to me.
Anyway, Taren is at a bazaar stall, so he's easily approachable, whereas Wheeler is nearby, either waiting for Taren or doing his own thing, depending on Chey's wishes.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum