Aisenfield
March 29, 2024, 02:04:56 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Roll the dice to see if I'm getting drunk!

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

NCAA

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NCAA  (Read 884 times)
Venom
Straightedge
Elite

The Heavy Metal Harbinger of Death

Badges: (View All)
Apple User Mobile User Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Windows User
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2010, 06:59:56 pm »

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/story/1865566.html

Here's an article I found a few minutes ago.
Report Spam   Logged

Xavier, making it rain on dem ho's XD. Credit to CM for the win pic.

*XBL Gamertag: xANTiVEN0Mx ... PSN ID: XMEGAVENOMX

"Only through struggle, have I found rest, but with a piece of me taken away. Remove from me this deception, that I called love" ~ As I Lay Dying
Big Dawg
The Last Dawg Standing
Warned Members
Resident

Do not fear, friends - I'm here!

Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter Level 3 Level 2
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2010, 09:47:20 pm »

Well, that's interesting and all, but now that the game has been going, I'd have to disagree at some points. The quarterbacks are pretty close in this game, although doing so well anyway. With Moore throwing too hard and that other dude not getting completions (Daniels?).  Albeit it's not totally his fault, as his receivers are dropping the ball and the safeties are not allowing the connection.  The part where I disagree is where the defense steps in. The Boise St defensive line is straight killing TCU's running game, with linebackers getting to the quarterback (note ko). The TCU defense, however, isn't really doing anything as far as the big plays go. The only thing happening is that Boise ST isn't all that good on defense. I know this sounds totally against what everything else says, but that's what I saw. I'm done watching the game for now, but it was 10-7 when I left a little after the second half.

Note: Did you see the cowbell-girl during halftime? Talk about a need for enthusiasm. Holy cow... Bell.
Report Spam   Logged

Venom
Straightedge
Elite

The Heavy Metal Harbinger of Death

Apple User Mobile User Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Windows User
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2010, 11:44:50 pm »

Wow so I can definitely say I'm surprised at the outcome of the game. But let me ask you guys something. I tried explaining to my friend, who is a BSU fan, that it wasn't necessarily because BSU outplayed TCU but instead TCU beat themselves by missing on several pass plays on offense and letting the Boise receivers get away from them on defense. At least two of the TCU qb's INT's were not exactly "great plays" from Boise. The first one that was taken to the house was because the WR stopped running his route and the last one was a dumb throw by the QB across the field that had too much air under it.

Now I know it takes a good team to capitalize on those mistakes and I did admit that Boise was the better team tonight but he just couldn't accept the fact that TCU beat themselves more than Boise played an awesome game.
Report Spam   Logged

Xavier, making it rain on dem ho's XD. Credit to CM for the win pic.

*XBL Gamertag: xANTiVEN0Mx ... PSN ID: XMEGAVENOMX

"Only through struggle, have I found rest, but with a piece of me taken away. Remove from me this deception, that I called love" ~ As I Lay Dying
Big Dawg
The Last Dawg Standing
Warned Members
Resident

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2010, 10:45:37 pm »

The BCS Championship is a huge disappointment this year. They pit two grreat teams against each other, and the player that made the team great, Colt McCoy, get's injured, and won't come back. I hate to be the retarded-pessimist (defn. No Hope), but the 'Horns are pretty much screwed. The Longhorns have a freshman quarterback who may be good for his years and the years to come, but this is not the time or position to be the new guy. The Texas defense cannot stop either runningbacks Heisman winner Mark Ingram or alt. Richardson. Unless important players get injured on the Alabama team, McElroy messes up enough (he's actually pretty mediocre, the Crimson Tide really ride on Ingram's shoulders), or Alabama just gives up and doesn't come back, then the Longhorns have lost.

However, the future of the Texas Longhorns appears bright, as Gilbert appears to be a pretty good standard quartback, as in he passes pretty well. If you  ignored the fact that he was playing an all-star defense, he is actually pretty good. Probably not gonig back to the BCS Championship unless he gets a huge skill boost, but probably make it to a bowl game of some sort next year.

I personally dislike the Crimson Tide, being a Gators fan, but even if McCoy was in, I'd expect the Tide to win, as they have a overly-powerful runnigback, who, like the other runningback Toby Gerhart (who I wanted either him or Suh to win the Heisman), can throw off defenders with amusing ease, and a crazy-good defense.

Double check: It's starting to look like I've been missing a good game. The 'Horns might be able to pull a miracle and win this game!
Report Spam   Logged

Big Dawg
The Last Dawg Standing
Warned Members
Resident

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2010, 09:08:06 pm »

Time for the nearing of the end of the NCAA Basketball season. Quite a jump, been months since a post here. No biggy, I'm perfectly ok with that.

Just finished watching the West Verginia vs Kentucky game. Wasn't truly on either side, although I like Kentucky for their Blue and White (SW colors!) and their star freshman John Wall, I sorta like WV for the fact that their the underdog. Although I don't like the fact that they have neighboring B-E school colors (Black/Yellow ftl), I was sorta still rooting for them, and their new star Mazulla. He's pretty cool, and shoots with both hands. Ya' know, hoops. Pretty fun game, interesting that Kentucky missed 20 3-pointers in a row, to finally get a few in the final minutes of the game. They were pretty much inferior in this game besides having more stars.

Heh, I feel bad for all those guys doing brackets. This loss pretty much should have busted whoever was left.
Report Spam   Logged

Linkxy
Rolly Jolly girls like his lolly Polly.
Resident

Trying to keep it cool.

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2010, 03:22:19 pm »

Yeah, my bracket was pretty much out the window real fast. I think this Final 4 is shocking. When Ohio State lost to Tennesee, I cried a little. I'd like to see it come down to Duke and Butler. (cuz Butler's an underdog) Duke to win it all.

For no reason at all, I'm updating my college love hate list.

Love (in order)

1. Cincinnati
2. Ohio State
3. Boise State
4. Kentucky
5. Xavier
6. Texas
7. TCU
8. LSU

Hate

1. Pittsburgh
2. Florida
3. West Virginia
4. South Florida
5. Louisville
Report Spam   Logged

I Linkxy hereby claim
Godzilla, Link, Alphonse Elric, Cloud Strife from FFVII, Nero from DMC4, The Cincinnati Bengals, Trunks, Kenshin, Neji Hyuga, Charizard, all of the Halo games; those made, and unmade, Capell, Sigmund, Aya, Edward and all other characters in "Infinite Undiscovery", the show Scrubs, and everyone in it, Eragon, Saphira, Murtagh, Thorn, Brom, and all related characters from the Inheritance trilogy.
Now the co-holder of the title of highest count in "Count To 10 Before a Mod/Admin comes."-55
Big Dawg
The Last Dawg Standing
Warned Members
Resident

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2010, 11:33:25 pm »

A few weeks into college football seasons, and I'll just pull out some highlights, reviews, and such...

FCS is for real!: A bunch of ranked teams are getting beat by these small schools, and there was this one in particular overtime thriller between Ole Miss and Jacksonville State, with plenty of fun plays happening, including a magical 4th-down conversion resulting in a TD, ending the game (I think that's how it went, I don't remember exactly. I just remember that it was awesome.)

Boise State for real?!?:
They beat ranked Virginia Tech in what was supposed to be their only challenge besides Oregon State this season, but the next week VT is beaten up by some wimpy team, most likely a FCS school, putting the Broncos in a giant whirlwind of trouble. Oh well, I still love their blue turf. Tongue

The Heisman Race is a full sprint! (full of trips and stumbles):
Every single possible candidate is putting their best foot (or arm, leg, or body) forward. From Mark Ingram (Alabama) to Jacquizz Rodgers (Oregon(Or State, meforgetz)), from Jake Locker (Washington) to that dude with the billboard advertisement who's name I don't remember, they're all looking good, with some minor setbacks. Mark was out the first two games, but looked good in the latest one, putting up over 100 yrds in the first quarter vs Duke. Jake Locker is on a crappy team, forcing him to carry the team by himself, which isn't a good thing considering this is a team sport. Terrell Pryor (Ohio State) is looking good, Rodgers is killing (wimpy-a$$) mugs, and Kellen Moore (Boise State) looks good in blue! This looks to be a tight one, probably less so later in the season. One thing for sure: No one who isn't a QB or RB is gonna win the Heisman any time soon.

Gators be trippin'!: Or rather, uh, snapping badly... That was horrible... Ok, you have a new QB in John Brantley, and your All-American center is now starting for the Steelers. Do you move up a regular center, or do you move your All-American guard, who just happens to be the brother of the Steelers center? A few games in, and it's starting to look like the former looks like a better idea. Mike has been a guard pretty much his whole life, and moving someone like him out of his best position is generally a bad idea. His snapping needs a lot of work, and I mean a lot! Move him back to guard, bring up that other center, problem (most likely) solved. I mean, this other guy can't be worse, considering he is supposed to be playing center anyway. Just do it, that's the only thing making you look bad.

Cincinatti Bearcats review: Very sorry, but this team just looks nothing like the team of last year, likely due to the loss of excellent players in WR Marty Gilyard and QB Tony Pike, and the ditching of that one coach who went to Notre Dame... Yeah, things are looking south for you guys... Sorry.Sad
Report Spam   Logged

Linkxy
Rolly Jolly girls like his lolly Polly.
Resident

Trying to keep it cool.

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2010, 07:27:39 pm »

Ya.....I way overhyped Cincy this year. I'll live with myself.....somehow. Till then, GO BUCKS! Terrelle Pryor is winning Heisman.

Na but for real, Boise State is forreal, I look at the VA Tech loss as the Hokies just looking past that FCS team until the 4th quater. I'm rooting for BSU to go to the National Championship, I have no problem with a non BCS team going. And yes, no one wears blue better than them. Lol Oregon State even painted their practice field blue to practice for them.
Report Spam   Logged

I Linkxy hereby claim
Godzilla, Link, Alphonse Elric, Cloud Strife from FFVII, Nero from DMC4, The Cincinnati Bengals, Trunks, Kenshin, Neji Hyuga, Charizard, all of the Halo games; those made, and unmade, Capell, Sigmund, Aya, Edward and all other characters in "Infinite Undiscovery", the show Scrubs, and everyone in it, Eragon, Saphira, Murtagh, Thorn, Brom, and all related characters from the Inheritance trilogy.
Now the co-holder of the title of highest count in "Count To 10 Before a Mod/Admin comes."-55

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum