Aisenfield
April 19, 2024, 08:39:16 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

NCAA

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NCAA  (Read 887 times)
Big Dawg
The Last Dawg Standing
Warned Members
Resident

Do not fear, friends - I'm here!

Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter Level 3 Level 2
« on: December 27, 2009, 07:22:44 pm »

Welcome to the world of college sports! This world has more dedicated fans, more teams, and no playoffs (like that's a good thing...). I was going to start it sooner, but put it back for no real reason. Anyway, you can talk about your favorite colleges, hated colleges, bowl games, and other college sport stuff. Oh, and which college you are, or want to be, in.

As for my input, my favorite colleges are *deep breath* Florida, Notre Dame, Washington, Ohio State, Clemson, Oregon, and Purdue. I dislike every other team in the SEC, Wa St, and USC. THe bowl games I plan on watching are just the games with Standford, Clemson, Ohio St vs. Oregon, and the Florida vs. Cincinatti.

Your turn. Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Venom
Straightedge
Elite

The Heavy Metal Harbinger of Death

Apple User Mobile User Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Windows User
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 02:38:03 pm »

Well I'm a Georgia and Miami fan but other than thos schools my favorites tend to bounce around alot because I tend to follow certain players more than programs. Georgia has their bowl game today against Texas A&M and tbh I really have no idea how we're going to do. I think if we run the ball plenty and keep Jerod Johnson off the field we'll be alright.

EDIT: So Sports Illustrated just came out with their Team of the Decade for college football and I thought I'd go ahead and edit it into this post before I forgot.

QB: Time Tebow - Florida
RB: Darren McFadden - Akansas
RB: Adrian Peterson - Oklahoma
WR: Larry Fitzgerald - Pitt
WR: Michael Crabtree - Texas Tech
TE: Kellen Winslow Jr. - Miami
OT: Ryan Clady - Boise St.
OG: Steve Hutchinson - Michigan
C: Greg Eslionger - Minnesota
OG Duke Robinson - Arkansas
OT: Jake Long - Michigan

DE: David Pollack - Georgia (Yeah! Favorite college player ever)
DE: Terrell Suggs - Arizona State
DT: Ndomukong Suh - Nebraska
DT: Tommie Harris - Oklahome
LB: Derrick Johnson - Texas
LB: Patrick Wiliis - Ole Miss
LB: A.J. Hawk - Ohio State
CB: Antoine Cason - Arizona
CB: Derrick Strait - Oklahoma
S: Ed Reed - Miami
S: Eric Berry - Tennessee

K: Mike Nugent - Ohio State
P: Daniel Sepulveda - Baylor
PR: Wes Welker - Texas Tech
KR: Felix Jones - Arkansas
AP: Reggie Bush - USC

Head Coach: Urban Meyer
Report Spam   Logged

Xavier, making it rain on dem ho's XD. Credit to CM for the win pic.

*XBL Gamertag: xANTiVEN0Mx ... PSN ID: XMEGAVENOMX

"Only through struggle, have I found rest, but with a piece of me taken away. Remove from me this deception, that I called love" ~ As I Lay Dying
Big Dawg
The Last Dawg Standing
Warned Members
Resident

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 10:39:37 pm »

That is probably the most accurate team post ever. Tebow is the bomb as a college quarterback, although he'll be in huge trouble in the pros. RBs and WRs are no brainers, as is the whole offensive line. Don't know who Kellen is. The defense is pretty much spot-on, although I might had included the older Pouncy brother, as he's real good.
Report Spam   Logged

Venom
Straightedge
Elite

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 10:45:40 pm »

Yeah Tim was def the best candidate for QB but I think Colt McCoy and David Green could be second or third seeing as how both broke the record for wins by a QB. The only one I really don't agree with is Adrian Peterson. Yes I know he is great in the NFL and he had some good numbers in college but he only played one full year. I just think that for RB of the decade there should have been a more spectacular career. Also, Reggie Bush is awesome and I loved him as a player but CJ Spiller has more all purpose yards. Not saying I disagree, since Reggie did get his numbers in only 3 years, but just throwing some other names out there.
Report Spam   Logged

"Only through struggle, have I found rest, but with a piece of me taken away. Remove from me this deception, that I called love" ~ As I Lay Dying
Linkxy
Rolly Jolly girls like his lolly Polly.
Resident

Trying to keep it cool.

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 10:42:41 pm »

I'm a Cincinnati and Ohio State fan.

Other colleges I like-
LSU
Purdue
Connecticut (Basketball)
Arizona (Basketball)
USC
Oregon State
Auburn (No clue why)

Colleges I hate-
Pittsburgh
Florida
Florida State
Notre Dame

I really want Cincinnati to make Tebow cry again. Really sucks that we lost are head coach though. I think if we don't turn the ball over to that "allstar defense", we have a real shot at just outscoring them like we do against everyone else.
Report Spam   Logged

I Linkxy hereby claim
Godzilla, Link, Alphonse Elric, Cloud Strife from FFVII, Nero from DMC4, The Cincinnati Bengals, Trunks, Kenshin, Neji Hyuga, Charizard, all of the Halo games; those made, and unmade, Capell, Sigmund, Aya, Edward and all other characters in "Infinite Undiscovery", the show Scrubs, and everyone in it, Eragon, Saphira, Murtagh, Thorn, Brom, and all related characters from the Inheritance trilogy.
Now the co-holder of the title of highest count in "Count To 10 Before a Mod/Admin comes."-55
Venom
Straightedge
Elite

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2010, 12:48:12 am »

After watching Cincy's defense against Pitt I'm pretty sure Florida will be able to put up points. I agree with you, Rolly. I think it's going to come down to Cincy being able to put up a lot of points.
Report Spam   Logged

Big Dawg
The Last Dawg Standing
Warned Members
Resident

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2010, 04:18:33 am »

Ouch, Linkxy, that hurt. At least we both like the Boilers Undecided. And how the hell can you hate Florida and Florida State? At least I understand the other two hates...

Anyway, that game is supposed to be a blowout, with the Gator's O running over the Bearcats, and the secondary beating the passing game. However, if Cincy scores enough if the 4th quarter, as we constantly let up by then, then they can win. But based on pretty much every review I've read, the Gators should win unless it's an "off game" for the Gators. Oh, and if Cincy can get get a straight head after Brian Kelly left.
Report Spam   Logged

Linkxy
Resident

Trying to keep it cool.

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2010, 03:04:30 pm »

Ouch, Linkxy, that hurt. At least we both like the Boilers Undecided. And how the hell can you hate Florida and Florida State? At least I understand the other two hates...

Anyway, that game is supposed to be a blowout, with the Gator's O running over the Bearcats, and the secondary beating the passing game. However, if Cincy scores enough if the 4th quarter, as we constantly let up by then, then they can win. But based on pretty much every review I've read, the Gators should win unless it's an "off game" for the Gators. Oh, and if Cincy can get get a straight head after Brian Kelly left.
Mainly because I moved from "my state" Ohio, to Florida, and I'm sick of hearing of both. I don't know, we'll just have to see the game.

UC
Report Spam   Logged

I Linkxy hereby claim
Godzilla, Link, Alphonse Elric, Cloud Strife from FFVII, Nero from DMC4, The Cincinnati Bengals, Trunks, Kenshin, Neji Hyuga, Charizard, all of the Halo games; those made, and unmade, Capell, Sigmund, Aya, Edward and all other characters in "Infinite Undiscovery", the show Scrubs, and everyone in it, Eragon, Saphira, Murtagh, Thorn, Brom, and all related characters from the Inheritance trilogy.
Now the co-holder of the title of highest count in "Count To 10 Before a Mod/Admin comes."-55
Venom
Straightedge
Elite

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2010, 03:55:05 pm »

Oh, and if Cincy can get get a straight head after Brian Kelly left.
Well Cincy isn't the only team dealing with coaching drama. Urban Meyer has had his own little story and I'll be interested to see if UF's players are affected at all.
Report Spam   Logged

Big Dawg
The Last Dawg Standing
Warned Members
Resident

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2010, 06:38:07 pm »

Mainly because I moved from "my state" Ohio, to Florida, and I'm sick of hearing of both. I don't know, we'll just have to see the game.
Oh, ok. That makes sense. I obviously forgot you came from Ohio.

Watched the end of the Florida State vs. WVU, which was not fun, and the Penn State vs. LSU, which was.

Oh, the Oregon vs. Ohio State game is going swell, but I stopped watching due to distractions. I like both teams for different reasons, so I'll be content with whoever wins.  Grin

The Sugar Bowl is coming up in an hour, can't wait!
Report Spam   Logged

Venom
Straightedge
Elite

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2010, 07:25:00 pm »

Really surprised Oregon didn't beat Ohio State. Bout to go watch teh Sugar Bowl now.
Report Spam   Logged

Big Dawg
The Last Dawg Standing
Warned Members
Resident

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2010, 12:26:57 am »

The Florida Gators beat the Cincinatti Bearcats in a 24-51 blowout... That's good, but blowout games are not fun to watch, as both teams start to lose motivation to play, especially the losing team. The overall stats were interesting, with the broken records and all, but it was not an exciting game. I was so bored I tried to do some basic math to see how fast the Bearcats had to score to win assuming the Gators just ate up 2 minutes and punted, and in the 4th quarter if they didn't even come on the field. I'm still proud of the Gators for winning their third BCS championship, and it's great to be a Florida Gator.

On the flip-side, Tony Pike is actually a really great standard-style quarterback. He will be one of the more higher drafted quarterbacks, almost definitely ahead of Tebow, who I actually predict will be a back-up for a good team. The Bearcats were good, but the mentally-focked leave of Brian Kelly had an obvious affect on the Bearcats.

Oh, and it's nice the Buckeyes won, even though I completely expected the more-complete, higher-ranked, and funnier-uniformed Ducks were going to win, but like I said, I'm ok with whoever won, and it was the Tailgate Gods Buckeyes.

Edit: Oh, and just a complaint, the refs in the first quarter were complete dufusses. They didn't see an obvious horsecollar/facemask, after they called a flag for it, and, in the drive that set up Cincinatti's first field goal, they called a penalty on late hit, when the player clearly was not down yet, so the hit should had been legal. But in the end, it didn't matter, but from now on, refs, use your eyes, and maybe look at the replay every once in a while.
Report Spam   Logged

Linkxy
Resident

Trying to keep it cool.

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2010, 05:31:44 pm »

The Florida Gators beat the Cincinatti Bearcats in a 24-51 blowout... That's good, but blowout games are not fun to watch, as both teams start to lose motivation to play, especially the losing team. The overall stats were interesting, with the broken records and all, but it was not an exciting game. I was so bored I tried to do some basic math to see how fast the Bearcats had to score to win assuming the Gators just ate up 2 minutes and punted, and in the 4th quarter if they didn't even come on the field. I'm still proud of the Gators for winning their third BCS championship, and it's great to be a Florida Gator.

On the flip-side, Tony Pike is actually a really great standard-style quarterback. He will be one of the more higher drafted quarterbacks, almost definitely ahead of Tebow, who I actually predict will be a back-up for a good team. The Bearcats were good, but the mentally-focked leave of Brian Kelly had an obvious affect on the Bearcats.

Oh, and it's nice the Buckeyes won, even though I completely expected the more-complete, higher-ranked, and funnier-uniformed Ducks were going to win, but like I said, I'm ok with whoever won, and it was the Tailgate Gods Buckeyes.

Edit: Oh, and just a complaint, the refs in the first quarter were complete dufusses. They didn't see an obvious horsecollar/facemask, after they called a flag for it, and, in the drive that set up Cincinatti's first field goal, they called a penalty on late hit, when the player clearly was not down yet, so the hit should had been legal. But in the end, it didn't matter, but from now on, refs, use your eyes, and maybe look at the replay every once in a while.
Believe me when I say I'm happy that Ohio State won. On the flip side, the UC blowout kinda cancels it out. Aside from the non-seen horsecollar call, the refs were all over UC. Everytime we got some sort of momentum going, "WHISTLE" and we go back 10 yards from where we were. I'm not saying UC would have won but, it would have been a little less embarassing.
Report Spam   Logged

I Linkxy hereby claim
Venom
Straightedge
Elite

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2010, 09:54:31 pm »

You guys have any thoughts on the Fiesta Bowl tomorow night? I personally think TCU's defense will be too much for Boise to handle, especially their front four when it comes to pass rush and getting penetration on runs. They'll score a couple times more than likely but I also don't see Boise's defense corralling all the speed TCU has on offense.
Report Spam   Logged

Big Dawg
The Last Dawg Standing
Warned Members
Resident

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2010, 05:32:16 pm »

I'm not a big follower of either teams, but from what I've heard, Boise St is big on offense with mediocre defense, while TCU is a brick wall that scores a bit. Simply put, it sounds like Boise St's offense is going to get some points 'cause they're so good, but their defense will allow more points. That's really all I got. I'll watch it later today.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum