Aisenfield
April 19, 2024, 11:48:28 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THIS IS SPARTA!

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

NFL

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NFL  (Read 1912 times)
Big Dawg
The Last Dawg Standing
Warned Members
Resident

Do not fear, friends - I'm here!

Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter Level 3 Level 2
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2009, 07:31:46 pm »

Today was a weird day. But I'm ok with that, because weird is ok...

The Dolphins lost, but made a tough comeback in the second half, but it didn't cover up the fact that they completely sucked the first half. Oh well, but technically they're still in the playoff hunt, but I doubt it.

The Colts lost, so the Undefeated Dolphins alum may continue their celebration.

Saints got embaressed by the Bucs, marking their second, which shows their not that good. Even though it is too late to really matter, they aren't that good, and I have proof: look at every (almost-)close game, and they're almost all against sub-par teams.

The Vikings might actually lose against the Bears, as Favre has been having trouble in cold weather of outdoor stadiums, losing every single one of them in the recent years. I don't care, as they don't matter, and the rest of their games are going to be inside anyway, and I still bet they'll make it too the Superbowl.
Report Spam   Logged

Venom
Straightedge
Elite

The Heavy Metal Harbinger of Death

Apple User Mobile User Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Windows User
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2009, 08:22:58 pm »

The Colts pissed me off today. I mean mostly because I have Peyton in my Fantasy League but also because it's just like they just accepted the loss, like they are ok with losing. I know they want to rest their players but the goal every year is to win every game. If you weren't supposed to try and win 16 games they wouldn't be playing a 16 game schedule.
Report Spam   Logged

Xavier, making it rain on dem ho's XD. Credit to CM for the win pic.

*XBL Gamertag: xANTiVEN0Mx ... PSN ID: XMEGAVENOMX

"Only through struggle, have I found rest, but with a piece of me taken away. Remove from me this deception, that I called love" ~ As I Lay Dying
Doru
The Muffin Man
Elite

Bang!

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2009, 02:02:10 am »

Man I hope the Eagles can continue wining
Report Spam   Logged
Big Dawg
The Last Dawg Standing
Warned Members
Resident

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2009, 07:00:25 pm »

The Eagles have potentially the strongest offense in the NFC, right next to the indoor Vikings. I wouldn't be surprised if they made it all the way  to the Super Bowl if the Vikings somehow messed up during the playoffs. I'll be rooting for the Eag's by then.  Grin

Anyway, the Vikings lost again, but this was the most painful for me, as it wasn't so pointless. A win would have made them the #1 Seed, and the world would have to go through the Megadome before getting into the Super Bowl. The second half was incredible, with Favre scoring 30 points when being shutout 0-17 by halftime. I especially loved the last chance catch by Rice. It was beautiful. He should definitely be in the Pro Bowl just because of that. But being down by so much didn't help the Vike's, and they lost in OT. Oh well, the game got fun, and that was what mattered.
Report Spam   Logged

Big Dawg
The Last Dawg Standing
Warned Members
Resident

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2010, 03:37:49 pm »

An update on the playoffs: The teams that got eliminateed are the Jacksonville Jaguars (loss) and Miami Dolphins (loss). The Steelers can still make it with a combination of every other AFC playoff contender loses later when they play. The Houston Texans won their game against the NEw England Patriots, and have an edge if either the Baltimore Ravens or New York Jets lose.

The Minnesota Vikings blew-out the New York Giants in a 7-44 game I was glad to miss. I'm surprised they were actually trying to blow them out when they went for it on fourth down to score a touchdown. I guess they believe that thing called momentum that everyone beens talking about lately. If that's the case, that's ok with me.
Report Spam   Logged

Venom
Straightedge
Elite

The Heavy Metal Harbinger of Death

Apple User Mobile User Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Windows User
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2010, 06:04:47 pm »

Maybe the Cowboys can win in December after all. They looked pretty good today against the Eagles but the Eagles looked pretty bad too.
Report Spam   Logged

Xavier, making it rain on dem ho's XD. Credit to CM for the win pic.

*XBL Gamertag: xANTiVEN0Mx ... PSN ID: XMEGAVENOMX

"Only through struggle, have I found rest, but with a piece of me taken away. Remove from me this deception, that I called love" ~ As I Lay Dying
Big Dawg
The Last Dawg Standing
Warned Members
Resident

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2010, 06:46:04 pm »

Forgot to watch the game, saw the score. Ouch. That shouldn't have been a shutout, at least not against the Eagles. Wow, I guess the 'Boys really want to be in the playoff with momentum with AFC East Division Title.

Steelers have also been eliminated from playoff contention, as the Ravens won.
Report Spam   Logged

Big Dawg
The Last Dawg Standing
Warned Members
Resident

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2010, 06:53:17 pm »

Yes, I am fully aware this is a double post, but 1) this is in dire neeed of an update, as several important games have happened since my last post andd 2) At least I'll have a reason to be warned now.  Cheesy

Ok, the Divison Championship is as followed:

AFC: New York Jets @ Indianpolis Colts
NFC: Minnesota Vikings @ New Orleans Saints

AFC:WTF?! How the hell did the Chargers lose. The Jets have this loser rookie quarterback, and were practically let in to the
playoffs to begin with. The Chargers were on this huge winning streak, so what happened? I have no idea, as I didn't watch the game. I'm still currently following the ending, but things aren't looking good for Sand Diego. The Colts won against the Ravens, as expected, with some pretty trick moves thrown in. I sure freaking hope they don't screw up this game. It would just be wrong to see the Jets w/ the previously stated reasons to be in the Superbowl. It almost makes me wish the Steelers were in, or at least the Texans.

NFC: No surprises, although everyone expecting Dallas to win was shocking. They were rediculously over-hyped, and I'm not sure what happened with the Eagles, but them and the Vikes are not the same, and we are clearly better. The Saints... I'm oh so confused with these guys. They almost lose to the most crappiest teams, yet still take down the giants (not the team). The Cardinals are good, with Kurt Warner, Larry fitzgerald, and Tim Hightower, but I guess these guys were just having a bad day or something. I'm disappointed, but at least the Vikings are in. Tongue

Superbowl Prediction: The Colts and the Vikings face of in sunny Miami!
Report Spam   Logged

Big Dawg
The Last Dawg Standing
Warned Members
Resident

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2010, 09:56:39 pm »

Don't bust me for this, just posting some end-season stuff, 'cause no one else will.Tongue

Anyway, as it is probably obvious by now, the Saints have won the Superbowl. This season was a first for everything with this team: NFC Chamionship home in New Orleans, make it to Super Bowl, and win it. The second half on-side kick (srsly, cool that it worked, but why? That could have completely messed up the game!), Peyton's interceptions (I think there were some... I don't remember), and did I mention the Saints winning?

I have been constantly bugged for guaranteeing a Colts win ever since the Super Bowl teams have been set. It's not that I dislike the Saints, or like the Colts, it's just that I don't care much for them Saints. Pitied them and their city, they were the underdogs, both yes, but I was confused with their season, and didn't get anything that happened. They were lucky, with the skills to back things up, is all I can think. Anyway, I congratulate the Saints for their win, but I don't expect them to be the team to beat in 2010.

I won't talk much about the Championship games, except I was greatly upset about the result of the NFC, and wasn't surprised with the AFC. I'm a little upset that the Saints abused the fact that Favre is 40 and rushed him the whole time, with a few obvious missed calls. Besides that and the hugely unfortunate last second interception, the Vikings would have won, but it was a close, exciting game, and that's what mattered.
(Iz lying to himself)
Report Spam   Logged

Big Dawg
The Last Dawg Standing
Warned Members
Resident

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2010, 09:46:14 pm »

Alright, the combine has come and gone, college Pro Day's are happening, the Draft is a few weeks away, and there are many questions being asked. I won't even try to state them all, just give a short opinion on a few of them.

Donovan trade Q's: He should get traded eventually, this year preferably. Kolb is supposedly the QB of the future, so lets see now. Philly won't be going to the Super Bowl immediately, but there will be progress. Where should he go, I don't know. Currently there is a roadblock for him even leaving, but I would like it if he went to the Vikings. Even if Favre comes back, it would help to have a reliable backup. We got top wide-recievers and a future HoF running back, so it shouldn't be too difficult to achive what the Eagles couldn't.

Tim Tebow getting drafted Q's: I think he will be drafted in the 2nd to 4th round. I would hate to see him start now, even if his throwing motion is getting better. He needs to start behind a quality QB, wait a year or two, and then show his improvements. The perfect situation would have to be going to any team with a quality franchise QB (Colts, Minnesota, Packers, Patriots), let him sit behind the real pros, and let him loose after a year. I am a fan of Tebow, but I am no fanatic. He was a great college QB, but he's does not have all the traits of a pro-style quarterback to start out the gate and be a quality starter. My opinion.

Ndakumong Suh or Sam Bradford to Rams?: I would personally take Suh. Although the arguement for Sam are legit, there are a few quality quarterbacks available in the 2nd round, such as McCoy, Pike, and LeFevour. Suh is just too good of a guy to pass up, and Sam has had the problem of constantly being injured. Suh will instantly bring up the defense, but to make Sam look good, you need weapons, which the Rams also lack. Pick up some receivers and tight ends in free agency or the draft, it doesn't matter. Just pick some up eventually.

Brett Favre back for 2010: I would love to have him back. He was the guy that brought up the Vikings from playoff contenders to Super Bowl contenders. He was the guy that brought strength into the already strong Vikings. We need him back. However, he was beaten up pretty badly in the NFC Championship, so I would understand if he doesn't want to come back for good. We could just get McNabb or just stick to our guys. McNabb, as I already stated, can also take the team to the Super Bowl, just not as surely as Favre. Jackson and Rosenfels can take them to the playoffs, but I highly doubt they can get to the Super Bowl. Let's just wait for Favre's decision and work from there.
Report Spam   Logged

Linkxy
Rolly Jolly girls like his lolly Polly.
Resident

Trying to keep it cool.

« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2010, 03:12:13 pm »

Alright, the combine has come and gone, college Pro Day's are happening, the Draft is a few weeks away, and there are many questions being asked. I won't even try to state them all, just give a short opinion on a few of them.

Donovan trade Q's: He should get traded eventually, this year preferably. Kolb is supposedly the QB of the future, so lets see now. Philly won't be going to the Super Bowl immediately, but there will be progress. Where should he go, I don't know. Currently there is a roadblock for him even leaving, but I would like it if he went to the Vikings. Even if Favre comes back, it would help to have a reliable backup. We got top wide-recievers and a future HoF running back, so it shouldn't be too difficult to achive what the Eagles couldn't.

Tim Tebow getting drafted Q's: I think he will be drafted in the 2nd to 4th round. I would hate to see him start now, even if his throwing motion is getting better. He needs to start behind a quality QB, wait a year or two, and then show his improvements. The perfect situation would have to be going to any team with a quality franchise QB (Colts, Minnesota, Packers, Patriots), let him sit behind the real pros, and let him loose after a year. I am a fan of Tebow, but I am no fanatic. He was a great college QB, but he's does not have all the traits of a pro-style quarterback to start out the gate and be a quality starter. My opinion.

Ndakumong Suh or Sam Bradford to Rams?: I would personally take Suh. Although the arguement for Sam are legit, there are a few quality quarterbacks available in the 2nd round, such as McCoy, Pike, and LeFevour. Suh is just too good of a guy to pass up, and Sam has had the problem of constantly being injured. Suh will instantly bring up the defense, but to make Sam look good, you need weapons, which the Rams also lack. Pick up some receivers and tight ends in free agency or the draft, it doesn't matter. Just pick some up eventually.

Brett Favre back for 2010: I would love to have him back. He was the guy that brought up the Vikings from playoff contenders to Super Bowl contenders. He was the guy that brought strength into the already strong Vikings. We need him back. However, he was beaten up pretty badly in the NFC Championship, so I would understand if he doesn't want to come back for good. We could just get McNabb or just stick to our guys. McNabb, as I already stated, can also take the team to the Super Bowl, just not as surely as Favre. Jackson and Rosenfels can take them to the playoffs, but I highly doubt they can get to the Super Bowl. Let's just wait for Favre's decision and work from there.
Ok, let's get started.

On the Donovan subject, it seems as of late that the Raiders are 1st in line on the trade. So most likely they'll offer up a 1st rounder right before the draft. The thing is, they're gonna want him to sign an extension to his contract if they are willing to give up a 1st rounder. This is where Donovan can kind of control his fate. If he gets traded and doesn't want to sign the extension, he'll become a free agent next year and can decide where he wants to go. I'm sure there's plenty of teams that'll be looking for a QB like him next year. (Arizona, Minnesota?) Personally, I'd rather Donovan finish this year out in Philly. I don't understand why they're so quick to get rid of him regardless of his contract. All the fans have done since he's been there is booo. And all he's done is win. I just don't like how management is keeping him in the dark about all this.

Tim Tebow

Not gonna lie, I really don't like this guy. I despise Florida. But I'll get to the point. He does, in his defense have the intangibles of a leader but, no arm to back it up. I think he'll go 2nd to 4th round as well to the Jaguars (cuz it's his hometown) or New England (Cuz they have a really good coaching staff that can mold him into a decent QB.)

Suh, Bradford, or Gerald McCoy?

The Rams certainly have a lot of problems to address in the draft, QB is one. Sam Bradford had an AMAZING pro day and proved that he still has a great arm despite being injured. He threw 63 passes, I believe, and 62 were caught. (and it was the reciever that dropped it.) I think he has the pontential to be a franchise QB. Sue and McCoy are outstanding players and would be a great asset to any team but DTs don't win Championships, Quaterbacks do, and the Rams can't afford to pass up Bradford.

Farve Watch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree, Brett should come back. He impacted that franchise and that's putting it lightly. I think his descision should come sooner than later, however. The longer he waits, the more he hurts the Vikings. If he decides to not comeback, it might already be too late to replace him (if you could anyway).

Report Spam   Logged

I Linkxy hereby claim
Godzilla, Link, Alphonse Elric, Cloud Strife from FFVII, Nero from DMC4, The Cincinnati Bengals, Trunks, Kenshin, Neji Hyuga, Charizard, all of the Halo games; those made, and unmade, Capell, Sigmund, Aya, Edward and all other characters in "Infinite Undiscovery", the show Scrubs, and everyone in it, Eragon, Saphira, Murtagh, Thorn, Brom, and all related characters from the Inheritance trilogy.
Now the co-holder of the title of highest count in "Count To 10 Before a Mod/Admin comes."-55
Big Dawg
The Last Dawg Standing
Warned Members
Resident

« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2010, 11:17:44 pm »

Alright. New season starting up. Talk about the pre-season, offseason, your play-off predictions, etcetera. I'm a little tired right now, so I'll just start off with my play-off predicitions (Just who's going, no Super Bowl).

In no order...

AFC: Colts, Bengals, Patriots, Dolphins (Wild Card), Chargers, Texans (WC)

NFC: Vikings, Saints, Packers (WC), Cowboys, 49ers, Falcons (WC)
Report Spam   Logged

Linkxy
Rolly Jolly girls like his lolly Polly.
Resident

Trying to keep it cool.

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2010, 01:07:51 am »

That's right, get on dem Bengals. WHO DEY!

Ok, here's mine and I'll actually try and not be biased.

AFC - Colts, Patriots, Bengals, Chargers (Wild Card) - Ravens, Raiders

NFC - Packers, Eagles, 49ers, Falcons (Wild Card) - Vikings, Saints

Ok to explain my choices. I'll do the AFC now and I'll post later with the NFC when I feel like it lol.

I beleive that the Colts are still the best team in the AFC, obviously, and besides maybe a little challenge from the Titans and Texans, still win the division. Despite the offseason pickups of the Jets and the Dolphins, I still think that as long as the Patriots still have Brady and a serviciable defense, they are the better team in the division. I don't think the Dolphins will be that good at all even with Brandon Marshall because they've lost too many pieces on the defense, and the running game's going to start to get figured out. I also believe the Jets won't live up to the hype either, and miss the playoffs despite being loaded, on paper. The Bengals WIN THE DIVISION! And I'm being serious. Without big Ben for the Steelers for 6 games, and an older defense centered around Troy, I find this team just barely missing the playoffs. The Ravens are really the bigger competition in the division due to all the new weapons on offense. However, recent injurys to an already average secondary is going to hinder this team all season. Finally, the AFC West. What's that? Do I have the Raiders making the playoffs? I do. Now with some stability at Quaterback and an alright defense, this is my suprise team. Is it suprising?
Report Spam   Logged

I Linkxy hereby claim
Godzilla, Link, Alphonse Elric, Cloud Strife from FFVII, Nero from DMC4, The Cincinnati Bengals, Trunks, Kenshin, Neji Hyuga, Charizard, all of the Halo games; those made, and unmade, Capell, Sigmund, Aya, Edward and all other characters in "Infinite Undiscovery", the show Scrubs, and everyone in it, Eragon, Saphira, Murtagh, Thorn, Brom, and all related characters from the Inheritance trilogy.
Now the co-holder of the title of highest count in "Count To 10 Before a Mod/Admin comes."-55
Doru
The Muffin Man
Elite

Bang!

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2010, 04:01:00 pm »

NFL: Broncos, Eagles

Can't wait to checkout LFL on MTV though  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Big Dawg
The Last Dawg Standing
Warned Members
Resident

« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2010, 04:20:07 pm »

Woah, I didn't know the lfl was actually on tv, and on what network. Gotta remind myself to watch me some of dat.

Once again, short on time, so I'll make this quick on my explanations, starting with the NFC.

Vikings are gonna win their division. Being a fan, I'm a little biased, and hopeful that Brett will pull another excellent year, and the injuries won't cause a lot of  problems, but other than that, it will be close between them, and the Packers, who will definitely make the play-offs, division winners or not. Saints are still a solid team, with I'm pretty sure most of their SB starters still intact, and they got solid players at the majority of positions (although Bush is still rediculously over-rated). Cowboys are my pick for the NFC East as while a lot of people are choosing the Redskins for McNabb, Eagles for Kolb, and the Giants for Eli, the rest of those teams just aren't solid enough at some of the more important positions, basically the receivers for the Redskins, the QB Kolb (isn't looknig too hot at the moment), and uhhh, something for the Giants (it's there, just not at the top of my head). I Like the Falcons to be the wild-card simply because of the elevation of Matt Ryan as a QB and the return of a healthy Michael Turner.

AFC when I get back.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum