Aisenfield
April 18, 2024, 07:36:11 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Sometimes when I get mad, I kill people...

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

NFL

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NFL  (Read 1909 times)
Linkxy
Rolly Jolly girls like his lolly Polly.
Resident

Trying to keep it cool.

Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter Level 3 Level 2
NFL
« on: December 14, 2009, 05:40:34 pm »

Simple as that, discuss the NFL. Whether it be the teams, predictions, your favorite team, the coaches, amazing plays, statistics, or even the ever important bloopers.

I'll start it off. Of course the playoffs are just around the corner, who are your guy's favorite to go, and who do you believe has a shot at the Super Bowl?

P.S.
I'm a Bengals fan.
Report Spam   Logged

I Linkxy hereby claim
Godzilla, Link, Alphonse Elric, Cloud Strife from FFVII, Nero from DMC4, The Cincinnati Bengals, Trunks, Kenshin, Neji Hyuga, Charizard, all of the Halo games; those made, and unmade, Capell, Sigmund, Aya, Edward and all other characters in "Infinite Undiscovery", the show Scrubs, and everyone in it, Eragon, Saphira, Murtagh, Thorn, Brom, and all related characters from the Inheritance trilogy.
Now the co-holder of the title of highest count in "Count To 10 Before a Mod/Admin comes."-55

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Big Dawg
The Last Dawg Standing
Warned Members
Resident

Do not fear, friends - I'm here!

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 07:30:46 pm »

Well, I'll just bust out the basics:

Favorite Teams: Minnesota Vikings, Miami Dolphins
Almost Favorite Teams: Cincinatti Bengals (Ocho for Prez), Philadelphia Eagles (Black overload(Not intentional racism)), Indianapolis Colts (Indiana...), Arizona Cardinals (Arizona...), Cleveland Browns (Go Dog Pound!... Next year)
Playoff Prediction (close calls): Miami for AFC East Division (Pats still in, Jags out), Eagles for NFC East leader (Dallas still in)
Superbowl Picks: Minnesota vs. Colts
Super Bowl Winner: Vikings

Also, sorry for your loss against the Vikings, I was honestly hoping for a closer, more high scoring game. On the flip-side, your Bengals are still in the playoffs, and will most likely beat a team or two before getting beaten off by the Colts/Chargers.

Anyway, an absolutely amazing play was yesterday, Eagles vs Giants, with an amazing almost interception that jus popped out of the defender's hands, with no rhmye or reason, and into the intended reciever's hands. I was shocked and amazed. Oh, and another amazing play is one of Percy Harvin's returns for touchdowns... Forgot which.
Report Spam   Logged

Linkxy
Resident

Trying to keep it cool.

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 08:32:54 pm »

Thanks for the cheer up but I know the sad truth. We'll go to playoffs and lose first round due to the lack of passing. We can't just make Cedric Benson run for an hour and hope to win. Carson Palmer's going to have to step up and throw it a little. He has the weapons to do it though, Ocho can catch.

Predictions: It's a toss up for the AFC East and when it's a toss up, I have to go with the best record (Patriots) sorry.
If Dallas can beat New Orleans (and I doubt that) then I'll pick them, other than that I'll go with Philly even though I'd like to see NY.
Wild Card: The Packers, Packers, Packers. I like Aaron Rodgers better than Brett Farve despite Brett being obviously superior.

Super Bowl

Saints Vs. Chargers
My pick: Saints (I picked them to go all the way since they were 8-0.

I didn't pick Indy because they have to play the Chargers (or the Bengals lol)and I didn't pick the Vikings because I hold grudges in football and Arizona really exploited them.
Report Spam   Logged

I Linkxy hereby claim
Godzilla, Link, Alphonse Elric, Cloud Strife from FFVII, Nero from DMC4, The Cincinnati Bengals, Trunks, Kenshin, Neji Hyuga, Charizard, all of the Halo games; those made, and unmade, Capell, Sigmund, Aya, Edward and all other characters in "Infinite Undiscovery", the show Scrubs, and everyone in it, Eragon, Saphira, Murtagh, Thorn, Brom, and all related characters from the Inheritance trilogy.
Now the co-holder of the title of highest count in "Count To 10 Before a Mod/Admin comes."-55
CM
ovelrord
Resident

Search Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Linux User
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 08:37:55 pm »

I like Philly. Anyone who wears teal is cool in my books !

(disclaimer: i don't watch football)
Report Spam   Logged

pıɐs ǝɥs 'ɟɹɐ

suıɐɯop ʇuǝıqɯɐ ʎןɥbıɥ ɹǝɥʇo puɐ ǝɔuɐuosǝɹ ɔıʇɐɯoɹɥɔuɐd pǝssǝɹdǝp-ןɐpǝd uı ɹoıʌɐɥǝq uosɹǝd-ʇɹoɥs ɟo ǝɔuɐɔıɟıubıs ǝɥʇ pǝɹǝpuod 'uoıʇɐɔıɟıpoɯ ɹǝɥʇɹnɟ ǝuobɹǝpun buıʌɐɥ 'bop ɐ 'uʎןǝʌǝ
Big Dawg
The Last Dawg Standing
Warned Members
Resident

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2009, 01:39:26 pm »

CM: ... Huh?

Well, wasn't yesterday weird:

The New Orleans Saints (undefeated) lost to the Dallas Cowboys (losers in December). And in an unrelated football note, UCF was supposed to blow-out Rutgers, but they lost horribly.

With that happening (NO-D), I thought the world was going to explode. I would've bet my life saving that NO was going to win, so good thing I don't ****. The loss won't change the playoff picture, but it does show that they're not as good as one thinks. I mean, when I saw them almost lose to the St. Louis Rams, I knew there was going to be problems when they face a moderately-good team. But against the Cowgirls in December! Wow...

The loss proves my point. They are almost/losing to terrible teams, while the Vikings lost to a qualified team that is actually very good (Arizona Cardinals), and to an ok team in a bogus game (fag refs sided w/ Steelers). Vikings for NFC Champs!
Report Spam   Logged

CM
ovelrord
Resident

Search Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Linux User
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2009, 01:52:52 pm »

Y'know, Philadelphia. Their outfits are teal. S'neat.
Report Spam   Logged

pıɐs ǝɥs 'ɟɹɐ

suıɐɯop ʇuǝıqɯɐ ʎןɥbıɥ ɹǝɥʇo puɐ ǝɔuɐuosǝɹ ɔıʇɐɯoɹɥɔuɐd pǝssǝɹdǝp-ןɐpǝd uı ɹoıʌɐɥǝq uosɹǝd-ʇɹoɥs ɟo ǝɔuɐɔıɟıubıs ǝɥʇ pǝɹǝpuod 'uoıʇɐɔıɟıpoɯ ɹǝɥʇɹnɟ ǝuobɹǝpun buıʌɐɥ 'bop ɐ 'uʎןǝʌǝ
Venom
Straightedge
Elite

The Heavy Metal Harbinger of Death

Apple User Mobile User Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Windows User
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2009, 07:19:11 pm »

Yeah I was surprised they beat the Saints too though I wasn't surprised how they did it. Once they shut down NO's run game it made NO had to drop back and pass and while the Cowboys aren't the best team they do have one of the best pass rush D's in the League.

Chargers are on a serious roll right now. I think 9 straight.
Report Spam   Logged

Xavier, making it rain on dem ho's XD. Credit to CM for the win pic.

*XBL Gamertag: xANTiVEN0Mx ... PSN ID: XMEGAVENOMX

"Only through struggle, have I found rest, but with a piece of me taken away. Remove from me this deception, that I called love" ~ As I Lay Dying
Linkxy
Resident

Trying to keep it cool.

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2009, 08:20:22 pm »

Chargers are on a serious roll right now. I think 9 straight.
Yeah, you can shut up with that one. That pissed me off so bad. 59 YARD FG TO WIN! The hell?! I really wanted the Bengals to win that game for Chris Henry. On the plus side, Carson Palmer finally threw for over 300 yds this game. At least now we know we can throw it and hopefully that'll carry over to the Playoffs.
Report Spam   Logged

I Linkxy hereby claim
Doru
The Muffin Man
Elite

Bang!

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2009, 08:32:17 pm »

Alright, Eagles won! Two more games I guess, need them to win against Dallas again like last year.
Report Spam   Logged
Venom
Straightedge
Elite

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2009, 10:03:01 pm »

Definitely surprised Minnesota is losing to the Panthers right now.
Report Spam   Logged

"Only through struggle, have I found rest, but with a piece of me taken away. Remove from me this deception, that I called love" ~ As I Lay Dying
Linkxy
Resident

Trying to keep it cool.

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2009, 12:27:06 pm »

Definately funny that they lost. Wink
Report Spam   Logged

I Linkxy hereby claim
Big Dawg
The Last Dawg Standing
Warned Members
Resident

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2009, 07:12:03 pm »

Definitely not funny. But then again, they clinched their playoff spot, so it technically doesn't matter, although all-home games would've been nice... But seriously: 7-26! Unless you're going to rest your guys like every other winner, like you should, then you should at least be putting up a fight. Wow. Just f*&^8% rest your guys, including Favre, 'cuz he needs it.

I hoped the Bengals would win too, for Chris, but at least they didn't get blown out. I'm neutral on Chargers, so no comment.

Go Philly, I believe!

Oh, an the Browns getting a win over the Chiefs...  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Linkxy
Resident

Trying to keep it cool.

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2009, 10:52:15 pm »

Oh, an the Browns getting a win over the Chiefs...  Cheesy
That was a great game suprisingly.

I hope the Giants can get a Wildcard spot.
Report Spam   Logged

I Linkxy hereby claim
Big Dawg
The Last Dawg Standing
Warned Members
Resident

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2009, 11:19:17 am »

It was starting to look like it, but the current holders (Packers and Cowgirls) are tough to beat, with the Cowboys probably going to go 10-6 against 'Skins and Eagles, Packers probably also 10-6 with Seahawks and at Card's. The Giants have a bad schedule, home against Panthers after their happy win against the Vikings, but they might win against the Vikings if they rest their starters. However, unless they win both games and the one of the two lose both, they won't make the playoffs.

I'm sure it was, I hear about it on SportsCenter, but I'm not a big fan of replays, so I'm probably not going to watch it. Undecided
Report Spam   Logged

Venom
Straightedge
Elite

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2009, 01:32:28 pm »

I don't think the Cowboys will beat the Eagles but I do think they, along with the Packers will get the two spots because I don't see the Vikings resting their starters. Going into the playoffs on a winning streak is a big help.

Here's how I see it:

AFC
1. Indianapolis
2. San Diego
3. New England
4. Cincinatti
5. Baltimore
6. Denver

NFC
1. New Orleans
2. Minnesota
3. Philadelphia
4. Green Bay
5. Arizona
6. Atlanta

*Note this is just speculations for best records and not necessarily my picks for the playoffs.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum