Aisenfield
March 29, 2024, 10:02:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mods > Gods; Administration Center > Olympus

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Venom and friend's 1st annual Poke'party

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Venom and friend's 1st annual Poke'party  (Read 2048 times)
Venom
Straightedge
Elite

The Heavy Metal Harbinger of Death

Badges: (View All)
Apple User Mobile User Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Windows User
« on: December 13, 2009, 02:10:18 am »

Hello readers! I'd like to welcome you all to the online journal of the traveling Pokeman squad! Splat, CM, former member PB and myself will be playing through Pokemon Diamond, Pearl and Platinum over the Holidays. We will be documenting our progress here so that everyone can follow our super exciting adventure. Regular posts will be made from CM and I to keep the news updated. I'll get right into things with my progress so far.

Pokemon:
Grotle, Lv 23
-Bite
-Absorb
-Razor Leaf
-Curse

Stonesnake (Onix), Lv 20
-Rock Tomb
-Rock Throw
-Harden
-Stealth Rock

Bladewing (Starly), Lv 4
-Tackle
-Growl

Badges Obtained:
-Oreburgh Gym

I'm sure CM will be by here anytime to boast of his success so until next time Aisenfielders.

Report Spam   Logged

Xavier, making it rain on dem ho's XD. Credit to CM for the win pic.

*XBL Gamertag: xANTiVEN0Mx ... PSN ID: XMEGAVENOMX

"Only through struggle, have I found rest, but with a piece of me taken away. Remove from me this deception, that I called love" ~ As I Lay Dying

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Picard
Tamamo-no-Mae
Administrator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Beyond the Horizon

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Level 7 Linux User
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 04:23:30 am »

Moved to the Pokemon subforum.
Report Spam   Logged

Kenji
Admincat
Administrator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Harem Master

Nineth year Anniversary Search Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 20000 Posts
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 12:01:33 pm »

Grotle, Onix and Starly... Interesting group you've got so far. Why the Onix, out of curiosity? Also, suggestion: Along with your badge progress and the like, you should document what story events you've cleared so far (and how you did, because why not).
Report Spam   Logged

CM
ovelrord
Resident

Search Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Linux User
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2009, 02:24:43 pm »

i forgot we even had a pokemon subforum ! _!
anyway, let's get on with the show.

*ahem* allow me to introduce myself: i am grpfelo, master trainer, pokepartier and lovemaker. my latest adventure has brought me to sinnoh, a soulless, inhospitable wasteland where only the most hardened poképartiers can survive. a longtime anarchist state, there is no law in sinnoh, and the inhabitants must fight to survive. madmen lurk around every corner, waiting to sic their pokemons on you so as to kill you and pluck half your money from your freezing corpse. this is no ordinary pokemon Let's Play, my friends. this is a journal of my voyage through the darkest pit of hell.

~~~

DAY ONE
i separated from my companions, silver david and splatty, once we arrived in twinleaf town, one of the few safe havens in sinnoh... or so i thought! mere minutes after my arrival i was costed by a weird-looking kid called redbrry (who for the record had never seen a comb in his life) who instantly declared himself to be my nemesis and attempted to extort from me a sum of ten million pokédollars. 'this is outrageous,' i said handsomely, 'leave this place at once, redbrry!' except i could not say any of that because i am mute. but i was intimidating nonetheless and chased the cretin out of town. i managed to corner him in front of a patch of tall grass (no doubt infested with ravenous beasts, as is usually the case in sinnoh). knowing that in this land it is foolish to show mercy, i pushed him into the monstery void. 'noooooo-' he said but then he was eaten. once again i was safe... but just that moment a most startling figure arrived...

there is one man who is above all the chaos in sinnoh. a powerful man, who spends all day conducting twisted experiments on innocent pokemons. a man of pure evil. he calls himself rowan. i call him el diablo.

as i had cornered redbrry by the tall grass, this man just happened to walk by with a scantily clad teenage girl who i assumed was his evil sidekick or concubine. poor girl. so young. 'nyahahaha good job dawn today we kidnapped lots of innocent pokemons. this will be the most evil experiment yet nyahahaha' i overheard him say with his thick evil accent. this was unacceptable. i could not allow him to hurt those pokemons, but since i had none of my own there was not much i could do. i thought i would try to take a picture of the fiend

now that i think about it, he is sort of familiar...
i watched as the girl he called dawn held up three pokeballs (a commodity in sinnoh, aka 'automated slavery spheres') and said 'master rowan, what do you want me to do with these three pokemons???' to which rowan replied smilingly 'those ones are too weak, you must kill them. nyahahaha!'

i could not let this happen. those were living pokemons and he was treating them like common dogs. then dawn said 'very well, master, i will take them to--oof!' but she could not finish her sentence because i was punching her in the back of the head. the concussive blow caused her crumble and drop her pokeballs, and rowan's eyes glowed red with ire. i scrambled to pick up the dropped pokemons but two of the balls rolled away so i could only save one. 'dawn! exterminate this scoundrel at once!' said rowan, but dawn was too unconscious to respond. 'grpfelo saves the day again!' i cheered as i ran off with the single pokemon i stole. 'i'll get you for this, grpfelo! no one steals from rowan q. darkstache!' the angry scientist threatened. 'no' i said as i disappeared into the sunset.

i have only saved one pokemon, put i plan to save many more. it will be difficult now that rowan has seen my face, since he will likely send his assassins after me, but with my new pokepal in tow, i just might make it. turns out it was a little penguin. he looks like a real winner, so i have named him win peng. he he.

tomorrow i head for a small enclave called sandgem town. it is there i hope to discover the truth about sinnoh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
here's the real progress report: i just got the first badge and here are my 'mons:

active party:
precious the geodude, lv. 10 (m)
twatter the starly, lv. 12 (f)
tesla the psyduck, lv. 14 (m)
shanks the shinx, lv. 3 (m)
diggleby the kricketot, lv. 10 (f)
win peng the prinplup, lv. 16 (m)

boxfellows:
zu-boat the zubat, lv. 3 (m)
casanova~♥ the budew, lv. 4 (m)
cao cao the magikarp, lv. 4 (f)
triple a the machop, lv. 7 (f)
gluedrop the ponyta, lv. 7 (f)
dr. long the bidoof, lv. 4 (m)
eunix the onix, lv. 9 (m)

(oh no some of my girlmons have boy names :c)
Report Spam   Logged

pıɐs ǝɥs 'ɟɹɐ

suıɐɯop ʇuǝıqɯɐ ʎןɥbıɥ ɹǝɥʇo puɐ ǝɔuɐuosǝɹ ɔıʇɐɯoɹɥɔuɐd pǝssǝɹdǝp-ןɐpǝd uı ɹoıʌɐɥǝq uosɹǝd-ʇɹoɥs ɟo ǝɔuɐɔıɟıubıs ǝɥʇ pǝɹǝpuod 'uoıʇɐɔıɟıpoɯ ɹǝɥʇɹnɟ ǝuobɹǝpun buıʌɐɥ 'bop ɐ 'uʎןǝʌǝ
Venom
Straightedge
Elite

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 02:45:58 pm »

Well I haven't made much progress towards the actual story, instead I've been working on my team. I did help Dawn defeat the two Galactic goons outside their warehouse and got her Pokedex back, along with clearing the way to Celestic Town thanks to Secret Potion from Cynthia. Defeated my Rival for the third time today too. I've explored Solaceon Town, Veilstone City, Hearthome City, Pastoria City along with the Great Marsh and Valor Lakefront. I last stopped on my way to Celestic Town. I recently defeated Crasher Wake and Maylene to get my third and fourth gym badges. I've added two new Pokemon to my team, Pikachu and Marill. I knew that Luxray was probably the only other viable electric type early in the game and I had already completed a play through with one of those. As for Marill, it was kind of the same situation except with Gyarados and Golduck being my only other options. (Yes I know there are other water pokemon but I don't really like any of them.)

Here is my team so far:

Gorterra (Torterra) Lv. 35
-Earthquake
-Razor Leaf
-Leech Seed
-Mega Drain

Stonesnake (Onix) Lv. 29
-Rock Throw
-Sandstorm
-Stealth Rock
-Slam

Bladewing (Staravia) Lv. 33
-Roost
-Aerial Ace
-Double Team
-Take Down

Pikachu Lv. 29
-Thunderbolt
-Volt Tackle
-Grass Knot
-Thunderwave

Marill Lv. 17
-Water Gun
-Rollout
-Tackle
-Defense Curl

Well I hope everyone keeps following our journey. Splat just started today and might post an update if he makes enough progress. Until next time Aisenfielders. Next stop, Celestic Town!
Report Spam   Logged

"Only through struggle, have I found rest, but with a piece of me taken away. Remove from me this deception, that I called love" ~ As I Lay Dying
CM
ovelrord
Resident

Search Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Linux User
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2009, 12:26:51 am »

If anyone wants a Prinplup I could probably be talked into trading mine away. Leave an offer!
Report Spam   Logged

pıɐs ǝɥs 'ɟɹɐ

suıɐɯop ʇuǝıqɯɐ ʎןɥbıɥ ɹǝɥʇo puɐ ǝɔuɐuosǝɹ ɔıʇɐɯoɹɥɔuɐd pǝssǝɹdǝp-ןɐpǝd uı ɹoıʌɐɥǝq uosɹǝd-ʇɹoɥs ɟo ǝɔuɐɔıɟıubıs ǝɥʇ pǝɹǝpuod 'uoıʇɐɔıɟıpoɯ ɹǝɥʇɹnɟ ǝuobɹǝpun buıʌɐɥ 'bop ɐ 'uʎןǝʌǝ
Splatty
It sure'd be nice if you would roll with me.
Resident

Private Michael J. Caboose

Sixth year Anniversary Level 5 Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2009, 03:11:43 pm »

Well, I haven't had much time to play and so far haven't been going at a fast pace either. I did just win my first gym badge, and will be working my way to the next town when I can. Still having trouble deciding on my team, which as of now consists of two pokemon, which are....

Monferno Level 17
Scratch
Mach Punch
Emb er
Fury Swipes

Psyduck Level 12
Water Sport
Scratch
Tail Whip
Water Gun

Taking suggestions for future team members.
Report Spam   Logged

Credit to Fresh for the awesomeness that is this banner. ^ See it? LOOK AT IT DAMN IT. BEHOLD THE AWESOMENESS.

Yay for Fresh^

Quote from Venom on MSN
Venom says:
and i got beat by asweatyfatchick last night
CM
ovelrord
Resident

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2009, 09:19:19 pm »

i have a psyduck too, let's race them. :3

... race them TO THE GRAAAAAVE by which i mean pokebattle.
Report Spam   Logged

pıɐs ǝɥs 'ɟɹɐ

Venom
Straightedge
Elite

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2009, 12:43:18 am »

Picking up from my last post, I successfully made it to Celestic Town where I returned the amulet to Cynthia's grandmother and easily defeted some Galactic grunt. Cyrus appeared briefly and then I went in to study the ruins. After some more training I felt confident enough to take on Fantina at the Hearthome gym. After defeating two of her trainers quite easily with my Pikachu, I decided that adding a ghost pokemon to my own team could server me well later on. And thus I made a quick trip back to the Lost Tower south of Solaceon to capture a pair of Gastly. I then took them to the day care lady where I patiently waited and walked my way to a properly natured Gastly. I have it the Exp. Share and made my way back to the gym. I purposely went through all the wrong doors to get some extra battles in against the trainers before finally facing off against the Gym Leader. My Pikachu made quick work of her Drifblim while my Gorterra defeated her Mismagius and Bladewing defeated her Gengar. Shortly thereafter I battled my way to Canalave City where I explored their library. I am currently paired up with a trainer named Riley on Iron Island. I'm looking to pick up a Metal Coat for my Onix. I've decided to hold off my Marill's evolution until it learns Aqua Tail at level 37 and I'm doing the same with Gastly until level 29 for Shadow Ball. Anyways that's where I will have to stop for now. Here is my team as follows:

Gorterra (Torterra) Lv. 36
-Earthquake
-Leech Seed
-Razor Leaf
-Mega Drain

Stonesnake (Onix) Lv. 30
-Sandstorm
-Stealth Rock
-Rock Throw
-Slam

Bladewing (Staraptor) Lv. 34
-Roost
-Double Team
-Close Combat
-Aerial Ace

Pikachu Lv. 33
-Thunderwave
-Thunderbolt
-Grass Knot
-Volt Tackle

Marill Lv. 29
-Bubblebeam
-Double Team
-Surf
-Aqua Ring

Gastly Lv. 28
-Lick
-Confuse Ray
-Curse
-Night Shade

I'm still hoping to get good nicknames for the latter three members of my team. I'll pick up tomorow and press on towards my goal.
Report Spam   Logged

CM
ovelrord
Resident

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2009, 01:28:54 am »

I

****ing

love

NICKNAMES

This is one of the most enjoyable playthroughs I've had, trying to come up with sharp nicknames for every poker is so much fun. ! _!
Whether or not they're any good is subject to your own politics, but I think I've been doing an okay job for the most part?

active party:
bodhisattva the meditite, lv. 18 (m) argh this fool dies like every three battles
twatter the starly, lv. 18 (f)
sweet'n'low the pachirisu, lv. 10 (m)
precious the geodude, lv. 18 (m)
tesla the psyduck, lv. 18 (m)
guzzler the buneary, lv. 13 (f)

boxfellows:
zu-boat the zubat, lv. 3 (m)
casanova~♥ the budew, lv. 4 (m)
cao cao the magikarp, lv. 4 (f)
triple a the machop, lv. 7 (f)
gluedrop the ponyta, lv. 7 (f)
dr. long the bidoof, lv. 4 (m)
eunix the onix, lv. 9 (m)
shanks the shinx, lv. 3 (m)
salty joe the shellos-w, lv. 9 (m)
gropefellow the aipom, lv. 12 (m)
diggleby the kricketot, lv. 10 (f)
win peng the prinplup, lv. 21 (m)
why i otter! the buizel, lv. 10 (m)
lauren the bronzor, lv. 14 (n)
kaepora gaebora the hoothoot, lv. 12 (m)
seoul the beautifly, lv. 13 (m)
pyongyang the dustox, lv. 13 (m)

Bold face indicates new additions. Explanations available upon request.
Report Spam   Logged

pıɐs ǝɥs 'ɟɹɐ

Weirdo
Elite

Level 6 Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Search Apple User
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2009, 01:01:05 pm »

This is making me want to play as due to the fact I haven't got a DS, I haven't played Pearl or Diamond, anyone know where I can get an emulator and a rom?
Report Spam   Logged

Shameless self promotion : Any Last Words
CM
ovelrord
Resident

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2009, 12:19:15 am »

Jupiter's Skuntank is a beast. Twice, now, it's wiped out my entire party, and if my bodhisattva doesn't pull his weight here, it'll be thrice. bodhi's always been pretty uncooperative, but I've managed to Disable Skuntank's Nightslash (gg tesla), so if I can wipe him out before the attack unlocks, I'm in the clear!

YEAHHHH BODHISATTVA I LOVE YOU
Report Spam   Logged

pıɐs ǝɥs 'ɟɹɐ

Venom
Straightedge
Elite

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2009, 12:38:58 am »

Man you really need some stronger Pokemon.
Report Spam   Logged

CM
ovelrord
Resident

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2009, 01:09:31 am »

Actually, I really like these weak 'Mons. They have so much more character than the overleveled killing machines, some of 'em practically have their own personalities. Now that I'm forced to switch between Pokémon a lot and capitalize on each combatant's strengths, teamwork and strategy are really important factors. That battle with Jupiter required me to figure out Skuntank's strategy, identify the greatest threats, devise an effective counter-tactic (in the form of Disable) and find a way to implement it safely. Everyone on my team played a part, whether it be damage-dealing, status-inducing or simply taking a blow while I use a Super Potion on a benched Pokémon. That's how these battles should be, I think. I look forward to my next challenge. o:

Then again, I guess that's what the Battle Frontier's for, eh? I'll have to check that out later.
Report Spam   Logged

pıɐs ǝɥs 'ɟɹɐ

Weirdo
Elite

Level 6 Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Search Apple User
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2009, 09:04:50 am »

Actually, I really like these weak 'Mons. They have so much more character than the overleveled killing machines, some of 'em practically have their own personalities. Now that I'm forced to switch between Pokémon a lot and capitalize on each combatant's strengths, teamwork and strategy are really important factors. That battle with Jupiter required me to figure out Skuntank's strategy, identify the greatest threats, devise an effective counter-tactic (in the form of Disable) and find a way to implement it safely. Everyone on my team played a part, whether it be damage-dealing, status-inducing or simply taking a blow while I use a Super Potion on a benched Pokémon. That's how these battles should be, I think. I look forward to my next challenge. o:

Then again, I guess that's what the Battle Frontier's for, eh? I'll have to check that out later.

You know that sounds like a fun way to play, I might try that with one of the ones I have.
Report Spam   Logged

Shameless self promotion : Any Last Words
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum