Aisenfield
March 28, 2024, 06:19:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Put down the sandwich and step away from the hobo!

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

There Is No Truth.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: There Is No Truth.  (Read 953 times)
Kenta.....
Fallible Human Being
Esteemed Members
Resident

Emotionally Retarded

Badges: (View All)
Linux User Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Mobile User
« on: November 07, 2009, 12:39:34 am »

Whoever used to haunt my blog back in the day may remember an entry where I mentioned my dislike for the Aisenfield news message: "There is no truth."  Not only do I happen to be a believer in absolute truth, but logically speaking, the statement contradicts itself.  "There is no truth.  (This is a true statement)."  So . . . unless the whole point of that statement was to be wittily ironic, which the news does practice, I'm lost for why anyone would even say that.

Why WOULD anybody say that?
Report Spam   Logged

Recently discovered Pathfinder (modern D&D). Thanks for introducing me to the concepts all those years ago.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

CM
ovelrord
Resident

Search Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Linux User
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 12:36:06 pm »

It must be true. Aisenfield would never lie to us.

. _.
Report Spam   Logged

pıɐs ǝɥs 'ɟɹɐ

suıɐɯop ʇuǝıqɯɐ ʎןɥbıɥ ɹǝɥʇo puɐ ǝɔuɐuosǝɹ ɔıʇɐɯoɹɥɔuɐd pǝssǝɹdǝp-ןɐpǝd uı ɹoıʌɐɥǝq uosɹǝd-ʇɹoɥs ɟo ǝɔuɐɔıɟıubıs ǝɥʇ pǝɹǝpuod 'uoıʇɐɔıɟıpoɯ ɹǝɥʇɹnɟ ǝuobɹǝpun buıʌɐɥ 'bop ɐ 'uʎןǝʌǝ
Kenji
Admincat
Administrator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Harem Master

Nineth year Anniversary Search Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 20000 Posts
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 04:19:34 pm »

Why WOULD anybody say that?
Ask Picard? He's the one who put it up there.
Report Spam   Logged

Mightymike
Mightymike
Resident

I'm baaaaack

Apple User Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 05:37:44 pm »

I don't know.... But I’m guessing there should be some sensible reason behind it.
Report Spam   Logged

The difference between someone who *thinks* they're superior and the one who *knows*, is that the one who *knows* remains humble and respectful. The one who *thinks* goes out of their way to appear superior.

CHALLENGE ME!

Roleplays Active In:
unit880

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 06:57:35 pm »

Doubt it. If there's no truth, then nothing can be sensible.
Report Spam   Logged
Mightymike
Mightymike
Resident

I'm baaaaack

Apple User Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 11:32:26 pm »

I don’t mean the statement itself my mistake for not being more specific. I mean a sensible reason to place it in the news, perhaps to express a connotation of irony or sarcasm.
Report Spam   Logged

The difference between someone who *thinks* they're superior and the one who *knows*, is that the one who *knows* remains humble and respectful. The one who *thinks* goes out of their way to appear superior.

CHALLENGE ME!

Roleplays Active In:
unit880

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2009, 12:10:28 am »

I don’t mean the statement itself my mistake for not being more specific. I mean a sensible reason to place it in the news, perhaps to express a connotation of irony or sarcasm.

Or to confuse or "enlighten" the public masses. I fail to see how it could enlighten anyone, however.
Report Spam   Logged
Mightymike
Mightymike
Resident

I'm baaaaack

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2009, 05:24:50 am »

Or to confuse or "enlighten" the public masses. I fail to see how it could enlighten anyone, however.

I highly doubt it's meant to enlighten. Although I do see how it could be used to convey confusion.
Report Spam   Logged

CHALLENGE ME!

Roleplays Active In:
unit880

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2009, 03:36:52 pm »

I highly doubt it's meant to enlighten. Although I do see how it could be used to convey confusion.

I highly doubt it could enlighten even if it was meant to.
Report Spam   Logged
EHW
Addict

Hey, it's that prick EHW!

Seventh year Anniversary Search Sixth year Anniversary Level 5 Windows User
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2009, 10:08:05 pm »

Just out of pure thought and the fact I've been playing it today/ yesterday, it could be a reference to Assassin's Creed and Assassin's Creed II, which reference it from another text. Reference being: "Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

Before you say anything like that it's a stupid thought, I honestly have no idea and am offering a simple solution to your question.
Report Spam   Logged

Eido/ Eido Version 2/ Wraith/ Aidan - Credit to Zarean

Avatar courtesy of Zarean of Aisenfield/ miha-mimiko-kyattuha of deviantART.com.

Personal Text edited by EHW - so no-one need take offence or blame.
CM
ovelrord
Resident

Search Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Linux User
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2009, 02:16:34 pm »

While we're at it, what's the origin/context for this one?
News: 99 souls, Captain. Seven-- WAIT, that's not right... Err... THREE days! 
Report Spam   Logged

pıɐs ǝɥs 'ɟɹɐ

suıɐɯop ʇuǝıqɯɐ ʎןɥbıɥ ɹǝɥʇo puɐ ǝɔuɐuosǝɹ ɔıʇɐɯoɹɥɔuɐd pǝssǝɹdǝp-ןɐpǝd uı ɹoıʌɐɥǝq uosɹǝd-ʇɹoɥs ɟo ǝɔuɐɔıɟıubıs ǝɥʇ pǝɹǝpuod 'uoıʇɐɔıɟıpoɯ ɹǝɥʇɹnɟ ǝuobɹǝpun buıʌɐɥ 'bop ɐ 'uʎןǝʌǝ
DarkToph
Ruler of all things Dark and Tophy.
Global Moderator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

I am the Queen of Randomness. You may gawk at me.

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2009, 04:07:56 pm »

While we're at it, what's the origin/context for this one?
News: 99 souls, Captain. Seven-- WAIT, that's not right... Err... THREE days! 

Isn't that from Pirates of the Caribbean?
Report Spam   Logged

CM
ovelrord
Resident

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2009, 05:21:06 pm »

Oh.

Still don't get it!
Report Spam   Logged

pıɐs ǝɥs 'ɟɹɐ

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum