Aisenfield
April 20, 2024, 09:44:03 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Once, I was awesome... now I'm even more so.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal  (Read 885 times)
Doru
The Muffin Man
Elite

Bang!

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2009, 05:20:03 pm »

Oh, a Dragonite solo run sounds pretty easy, I mean you would be okay up 'till Ecruteak City and by then you can get some tms from somewhere to help and once you get to Dragonite well it'd be easy excluding the ice type pokemon.

The Tyranitar one I'm not so sure, I've only gone with Larvitar and a bit with Pupitar but didn't like it so I went back for a Larvitar which did fairly(sp?) well.

Meganium, well it's pretty good when you have a whole team but solo'ing it sounds pretty hard.

Pidgeot well sounds pretty good depending on its moveset.

Ariados.....well I've never used one before but if you like them I'd go for it. Does Ariados learn Psychic by level up or something 'cause the tm only comes out in Kanto, I think.

Scizor, well I sorta thought of doing one too starting as a Scyther but didn't know how to evolve it without being able to trade so I left it alone. Starting as a Scizor sounds pretty easy like you'd barely take damage in the first gym unless they spam mud-slap. You also wouldn't get the Wing attack Sad.

I vote for you to go with Ariados! Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Kenji
Admincat
Administrator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Harem Master

Nineth year Anniversary Search Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 20000 Posts
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2009, 05:37:55 pm »

Ariados can learn Psychic at Level 63, but can also learn it through the TM. They also learn Agility in Crystal at 53, which is pretty useful. I figure when it's still a Spinarak (unless it manages to hit Level 22 before fighting Bugsy), I'll teach it Fury Cutter, since that's a pretty useful bug move, especially earlier in the game.

Mud Slap won't be an issue for Scizor. It's not super effective (thank you, Serebii.net). The accuracy could be a potential problem, but barely. Scizor's only weakness will be Fire attacks, and since those are few and far in between in Crystal, I won't have to worry about it much. Plus, Scizor's pretty fast; I should be able to strike before most Fire Pokemon or anything with a Fire attack.

In any case, I think I'm going to start with Scizor for now.
Report Spam   Logged

Doru
The Muffin Man
Elite

Bang!

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2009, 07:50:09 pm »

Really, I thought Steel was weak to ground type attacks? Well whatever that's good then, can Scizor also learn Wing Attack like scyther or was that only before evolving?

That sucks about having to wait to level 63 for an Ariados to learn Psychic by level up. I think you could make it to level 22 before you hit Bugsy if you battle a couple extra slowpokes. 

Well good luck with the Scizor run, btw I think I've almost finished the Furret solo run, beat all the gym leaders on both sides, just need to do the ruins of alph and Union Cave before I go to battle Red but I'll wait till tommorow so I can get a Lapras Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Jackuar
The misclicker
Resident

Forfeit the game (please)

Windows User Combination Topic Starter Level 4 Level 3
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2009, 08:46:07 pm »

Forretress would be pretty easy to solo with imo. I guess Scizor would be the same since same typing and all. Solo runs are just too grindy for my liking so I don't generally do them, but I might give it a go once i'm bored.

EDIT: Pidgeot would be an awful pain, only SE move notable to rocks is Steel Wing.
Report Spam   Logged

<3 Zella. I'm Zella's one true love XPP Or like to think so anyway... *runs to hug her*
Kendrix
Guardian Of The Timeline
Resident

Elemental Master Of Water and Ice

Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Level 5 Search Linux User
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2009, 12:21:25 am »

The solo runs I end up doing mostly involve very little grinding on wild pokemon, since after a while my pokemon becomes so strong that it can wipe out any trainer regardless of strengths or weaknesses.

I'm not sure what I prefer though solo runs, or mono type. As for my Quilava solo, progress has been slow so I just reached Goldenrod a yesterday. The farfech'd puzzle took a while, since they decided to change it up a bit.
Report Spam   Logged

It seems as though, for better or for worse.... I'm Back

I had Kendra on my mind when I was replying for some odd reason...>_>;

Why, the world shall never know...

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum