Aisenfield
March 29, 2024, 09:42:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "When you're feeling sad, stop being sad and be awesome instead." -Cieluscian

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Suicide

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Suicide  (Read 511 times)
Paul the Abstinence Panther
Resident

No, Paddleton, no!!!

Badges: (View All)
Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Linux User Combination
« on: September 30, 2009, 01:05:11 am »

Should it be legal? Should the government have the right to choose whether we live or not? If so, why, and if not, why not?
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Night
Esteemed Members
Resident

Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 11:31:56 am »

YEAAAH, my kinda topic XD XD...

As a 3 time suicide, 2 close call survior and overall emo. I am saying WTF ? how can suicide be illegal ? So after he dies they punch him or something ?  Huh?  Huh? I do believe it has after life consequences... but if you don't believe in the "G" word, then I believe it has other dissadvantages as well.. then again, it has some pros.
Report Spam   Logged
EHW
Addict

Hey, it's that prick EHW!

Seventh year Anniversary Search Sixth year Anniversary Level 5 Windows User
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 06:54:08 pm »

... 3 time suicide? You make no sense, Night.

Anyway... suicide is really something not to debate, to be honest. Contemplating the darker side of humanity is only something to do to a certain point. I personally don't think I'll commit suicide, despite all the **** that I get tossed at me. I am the year's punching bag, verbally. Physically... no-one does that, but you get the idea.

Anyway, suicide is really something you do if you feel you've nothing to live for, now or in the future. People who've lost all hope of having something happen and have lost the will to live commit suicide... the teenage rate of suicide has gone up as the rate of teenage depression has - the two are intertwined, but not necessarily having one means the other.

I agree with Night thought - suicide cannot be illegal, as there can't be a punishment for it. Who are they going to punish for it, after all? The reason for suicide could be anything or anyone, and therefore it's pretty impractical to make it illegal. Sure, make the help to make the people contemplating or attempting and failing more readily available and easier to approach, by all means.

Basically, if you contemplate suicide, then you either don't honestly know what you have, or know all too well and despite that feel there's nothing there for you. People who die with that being the cause should rest in peace, as they did what they wanted to do in the end, and escaped their problems. I don't demean them, just suicide itself.
Report Spam   Logged

Eido/ Eido Version 2/ Wraith/ Aidan - Credit to Zarean

Avatar courtesy of Zarean of Aisenfield/ miha-mimiko-kyattuha of deviantART.com.

Personal Text edited by EHW - so no-one need take offence or blame.
Kenta.....
Fallible Human Being
Esteemed Members
Resident

Emotionally Retarded

Linux User Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 03:13:46 pm »

Should it be legal?
I agree with Night thought - suicide cannot be illegal, as there can't be a punishment for it. Who are they going to punish for it, after all?

Quoted for truth.  Quite honestly, I'd be very surprised if the government ever considered making suicide illegal.

Should the government have the right to choose whether we live or not?

I don't think it's their place to decide that.

If so, why, and if not, why not?

These last two questions seem to digress from suicide, focusing instead on the government's authority to take life.  That isn't suicide, though, it's murder.  A suicide requires the choice on the self-murderer's part; when the choice becomes anyone else's, it's not suicide anymore.  However, I must still reason why the government shouldn't murder.  Simply put, my Ultimate Authority forbids murder.  Those with the same Ultimate Authority will accept this as a legitimate answer, otherwise, they won't.  The inescapable question becomes: who/what is the true Ultimate Authority?  Every individual person's own belief?  The world's most powerful ruling force?  Or the maker of all things?  I don't see a fourth alternative, but I'll look out for any more.

For as long as morals remain ambiguous, my reasoning can only ever be an opinion (officially).
Report Spam   Logged

Recently discovered Pathfinder (modern D&D). Thanks for introducing me to the concepts all those years ago.
Paul the Abstinence Panther
Resident

No, Paddleton, no!!!

Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Linux User Combination
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2009, 06:21:34 am »

For as long as morals remain ambiguous, my reasoning can only ever be an opinion (officially).

Quoted for mature viewpoint.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum