Aisenfield
April 19, 2024, 09:56:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: What is the speed of dark?

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

This RP Contains 'Mons

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This RP Contains 'Mons  (Read 813 times)
>>>>Booster
Fuzzy
Esteemed Members
Resident

Badges: (View All)
Seventh year Anniversary Search Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Level 4
« on: September 03, 2009, 06:49:12 pm »

MY GOD I’VE NEGLECTED AISENFIELD ALL SUMMER!@(31u9111!!!SPARTA(@(!@@@!!!

Well, buggers me, I sure kept my word, didn’t I? [/Horridsarcasm] It’s prolly because of RPGuild. >_>“ Moving on…
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Setting
   A region (Swizerlann) without humans. It’s overrun by forests, grasslands, and various other unspoiled, natural habitats. The region is surrounded by a ring of mountains à la Switzerland—or just terrain that’s rather difficult to navigate. It isn’t landlocked, having access to the ocean, however the water’s very shallow for a long way out.

For the sake of allowing carnivorous and herbivorous ‘mons to better associate, there will be a coexistence of normal animals—Pokémon themselves will be less abundant and have a bit of sense, explaining how these normal animals haven’t died out. Naturally, the two groups tend to join into different groups, depending on diet habits. Some are herders, some are fishermen, some are farmers, scavengers, whatever. The adorable critters have the intelligence to set up their own structure and villages. Berries are regarded as sweets.

They also have technology and an understanding of how things in their world works. Though, they still have a lot to learn and invent. Nothing near the current human standard.

The island is near the equator, but not exactly on it. At some spots the forest becomes dense enough to be classified as a jungle, but there aren’t any actual rainforests. It does tend to rain more in the jungles, though, for some inexplicable reason.

Plot
   Humans. They’re big, they look funny, they speak a language no one understands, they have some real funky powers, and they’re personal space invaders. From the Pokémon’s perspective, they’re aliens and they’re seriously disrupting the natural world order by not cooperating—they even kidnap a few of their fellow kinsmen and those unfortunate ones never come back the same. They’re the big brouhaha.

From the human perspective, they’re just doing some innocent research. From aerial scans, these pocket monsters seem to have become rather advanced. These humans are a group of zoologists and other related peoples (you know, like people who film documentaries and such) who’ve responded to this. They start out based on an offshore ship. They eventually manage to get a landside base going.

The humans believe the Pokémon of the Swizerlann region are a group that have evolved to higher, “more human,” ways of thinking. The buzz about them and their island world is that at their rate of development, these Pokémon will soon join humans in terms of technological sophistication, having their own machines, self-generating power sources (other than themselves), a great understanding of their world and how it works—observing Swizerlann is like observing the human’s uprising to uniqueness. It’s very exciting for the curious—and very frightening for all the rest.

And you know what? The impression some of the Pokémon have of humans, thanks to these zoologists might very well justify those fears. After all, who knows what could happen once they finally reach that point…or worse—beyond.

Eventually, a particularly bad storm, completely unexpected, wrecks the ship the humans arrived on. Now they have to focus on survival instead of research. They’ll have to figure out a way to properly communicate—or at least gain enough trust with the Pokémon to get everything they need to boost their radio’s radius to reach all the way home or figure out some way to let the mainland know what’s happened.

Or they could just live on the island. Forever. Their choice, really.

Important Info
.!.
   The humans will not use Poké balls. They will use humane methods of capture, only for research purposes. They believe the Pokémon are of a level of intelligence that…well…your friend was just sucked from existence by a bright light. You’ll be afraid. Not just frightened, but pissed off as well. Not to mention, if the Pokémon get slapped around first, there could be some real bad repercussions to these traditional/convenient methods.

.@.
   Humans and Pokémon do not understand each other. They do have similar body language, however. They can’t interpret each other’s speech, but they can sure as hell understand emotions and gestures.

.#.
   I accept either form of perspective. First or third-person, it doesn’t matter to me. I, in my early days, role-played from the first-person perspective as a few of my fellow Aisenfielders can say. I would like to do so again, but…I’ve been in third-person mode for so long, I’ve lost my touch in first-person. Therefore, I will be playing from a first-person perspective, whether you like it or not. I’ll have my character’s name at the top of/in the titles of my posts.

Both perspectives have their pros and cons. I won’t go into them, but it’d be awesome if they could be fully exploited in the same role-play.

.$.
   I can’t help but feel I’m missing something here. I don’t know what—it’s just this gut feeling. I’ll toss it in when I remember.

Rules
   To be wholly honest, I think the standard forum rules cover everything. =/ If I think anything should be here, I’ll put it here. Otherwise, eh.

Constructing a Character Sheet
You can choose to be either human or monster. I don’t care which.

It isn’t regulated to a specific format. I just want to know the things listed below.

I’m not looking for big, beefy character descriptions. If anything, I’ve learned that you can easily figure out a character through a distinctive narrative. Just pay attention to the characters and what they do.

The things that apply to both are
Name

Personality: Yeah. How they act. Don’t drown me in paragraph after paragraph, please. I can glean enough off of posts.

A Bio of some sort: Encompasses history, talents, and everything else in between.
Other: Anything you think doesn’t fit into the other categories.
To ‘mons we have
Species

Differentiating features: I’m more or less talking fur patterns, clothing, what-have-you. I’d appreciate nothing too radical, though. Don’t make me curl into a little ball in the face of your originality, please.

To humans we have
Appearance: Pretty straightforward. No need to go into humongous detail, but do so if you like. I would appreciate their physical appearance above all else. Clothing takes backseat.

Form of Defence: How do you defend yourself? A weapon? Trained Pokémon from home?

Role: What are they? Are they one of the zoologists or something else?

“Example”
Name: Rue-don—bonus points to whoever notices the reference. He’s affectingly known as, “Big rue.”
Species: Floatzel
Personality: A fairly laid-back dude. His opinions aren’t swayed by cuteness. He acknowledges the seriousness of a situation just as quickly as he brushes it off. He always follows through with his promises, no matter how long he takes to do so; that said, he’s careful about his commitments. He really wants to play the role of the swashbuckling hero, but he’s limited by his shyness about strangers and his own insecurity.

Yet he somehow retains the responsibility—or rather, public favor—to remain in an important position.

Differentiating Features: Rue is a titan among floatzel, standing at least an entire foot taller than average instances. A black and yellow armband with various colored stones sewn into it.

Bio: Rue-don of White Beach is an exceptionally large floatzel that grew up as a normal monster—his distinctive physical trait being solely genetic. He had friends, he had a family, he lived where there was a lot of sun. All the things he had made him an attraction for jealousy of the less fortunate.

It was hard for anyone to remember a time when Big Rue didn’t smile. He was likeable and had many opposing views to the current council, which didn’t have any sort of internal counterweight. Rue would’ve never become a part of White Beach’s council if it weren’t for a traveling dragonite that pointed out the council’s need for more than a single outlook on certain matters. Rue was the only popular monster in town that opposed the council’s views. This means he’s on the council as the resident naysayer only by virtue that he was a known personality. This caused a big hubbub, but it faded after a month or two and things returned to normal.

Since then, Rue’s been giving the council his, “valuable,” insight. Otherwise, he lives his usual life of self-sustenance. His lopunny mate and children are herbivores and live off of Rue’s small farmland further inland. He originally used this land to grow oran berries, but only a small portion of it remains dedicated to the teal fruit.

Other: His dwelling is located on a large spit of rock in the shallows just off the shore of the beach. It has a good view of the surrounding area and is often used as a lookout.
Oh boy, did my creativity putter out with this guy…

Name: Nomis P. Sllih
Appearance: Somewhat tall, a general 5’ 8”, dark hair, tanned skin, brown eyes. Medium build—lots of practical muscle accompanies his fatty form. He isn’t a strongman-sized blob, though. He’s bespectacled with frameless glasses.

A long-sleeved, gray T-shirt and some brown cargo pants, complete with utility belt. Hiking boots and thin work gloves are also popular. There’s a bandanna-wearing plushy of the grim reaper with a coffin bling clipped onto the right backside of his shirt. It’s very light.

Personality:
Quite and shy, for the most part. He’ll make a few offhand comments every now and then, normally sarcastic, but occasionally serious. Easy to scare, but not quick to consciously show in any way—he rarely jumps at loud noises—only turns to check out the source.

Form of Defense:
His own wit and instinct and a giant camera—now that’s ****.
Role: Cameraman (a rather unwilling one at that.)

Bio: Nomis Sllih grew up with dreams of becoming a great artist or a writer. Things didn’t lay out, primarily due to his shy nature hampering his ability to be public about his work. The typical artistic washout. Of course, during high school, he took side lessons in photography and the art of educational filming.

This saved him from being just another street bum in Kinaray. He submitted a video of his high school work to National Geographic and various other video entertainment providers. His resume highlighting his camera work and survival training almost immediately landed him several jobs filming creatures that could very well kill him just by giving him a funny look.

Naturally, this job got him into some rather hairy situations that he later went on to laugh at. His quiet tendencies mean his voice is less likely to block out any, “important,” audio when things leap out at him, even if it‘s enough to make him jump back and turn a bit. Sometimes, the cameraman seems like some sort of jittery robot until it turns and flees with the narrator, his gangster grim reaper flying in the wind behind him. His lack of professionalism and keeping himself non-existent in these situations only seems to get better ratings. Apparently, the audience seems to get a better immersion by not having the camera be unnaturally still.

That said, the channel he primarily films for is known for its slogan of, “Real as it gets—and then some…” which encourages the lack of professionalism and special effects, lending all his filmings a rather unique style. Hell, this even gave him a fan club of some sort, by virtue of being the only guy to actually not even try to be invisible…on national television.

When he was assigned to be the cameraman (along with his trusty partner, an apparent zoologist) for his research group, Nomis was far from thrilled. He had to deal with the hazards of untamed wilderness with a heavy piece of recording equipment the size of a bazooka mounted on his shoulder, hi-def or not. In several other, somewhat less dangerous situations, he wouldn’t mind it, but on a completely unpredictable, tropical island bursting with jungles? Pass. That was, until, they showed him the money. He knows he’ll be lamenting this choice, saying the line, “Why am I even here!?” but in the end, it’ll be worth it.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Hashihime
Wrow it's been ages
Veteran

It's a Bibliophile

Level 5 Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 07:30:35 pm »

Hm. This looks interesting. I'll join. If you don't like anything, I'll change it.

Name: Patchouli (First person to name all the references gets a cookie.)
Species: Espeon
Personality:  A fairly quiet and knowledgeable girl.  She can be somewhat blunt and a bit deadpan in her speech, but she treats everyone at least some respect if they don’t annoy her.  She prefers to watch incidents from the sidelines, and only interfere if she’s made to.  She doesn’t like to get in trouble.  If she actually becomes interested in something, she’ll see it out to the end, no matter what the consequences.  She gets bored rather easily, but she doesn’t like to get into something she can’t handle.  She will always make sure she knows what she’s getting into beforehand.  The thought of getting into something big excites her, but her careful personality usually interferes when she gets started on it.

Differentiating Features:  Patchouli is a few inches smaller than the average Espeon.  Her fur is a slightly darker purple, with a mostly pointed fur pattern. There is a deep purple, almost black, coloring to the tips of her ears, tail, feet, and fur tufts on the side of her head. Her eyes are an amethyst color.

Bio:  Since she was born smaller than most Eevee, Patchouli was mainly picked on in her litter.  Because of this, she always desired solitude and quiet.  Various things would catch her interest, and she would avidly pursue them, sometimes succeeding, sometimes failing.  She always stayed out of the way as she did this, so her social skills diminished over time.  She enjoyed learning about what had interested her, and as she grew her knowledge and collected items became vast.  She did not know how others viewed her behavior, but she didn’t care what they thought either.

Patchouli always stayed out of the ways of others, including the council.  They would occasionally come to her seeking a smidge of knowledge, or for an opinion, but she made a point to them about wanting to be left alone. She doesn’t mind having company or a group task, but she does like her privacy.

As for her private life, she is still single, having had no urge to find a mate. She prefers to live off of the town’s prosperity, trading her help, knowledge, and items for what she needs to live. However, she does have a small garden and a few berry trees around her home.

Other:
She's a slight kleptomaniac. She doesn't know the meaning and purpose for alot of her collected items. She doesn't even know if all of them were made by pokemon.

Since her name was hard for most to remember, many monsters have resorted to just calling her “Patchy.” However, she doesn’t like having the nickname.

She lives in a large tree using the infamous Secret Power move, which she had inherited from her parents.  She has further expanded it into a suitable home with many levels.  Living in such a high area gives her health advantages on the ground, and a good aerial survelliance. Most of her neighbors are other pokemon who roost in trees.

-------------------------------
Human Signup
-------------------------------

Name: Cera R. Mirn
Appearance: Regular height, a general 5’ 3”, shoulder-length honey-blonde hair with brown tips, pale skin, amber eyes. The side bangs on the right side of her face are bound with a brown hair tie. She has a slender body type, the kind that you would see in a lab coat. She is stronger than she looks, and has a noticeable scar across her cheekbones and the bridge of her nose.

She wears a brown shirt, a yellow sweater with two brown stripes on the back, and blue jeans. She has steel-toed boots and a brown messenger bag filled with notebooks and equipment.

Personality: Somewhat spontaneous and loud, but can be serious. She doesn’t like quiet surroundings, and tends to go out of her way to keep a light atmosphere around a conversation. She can sometimes be a blonde ditz. Has a phobia of dragon type Pokémon.

Form of Defense: Steel-toed boots, and a walking stick. Her feet are her main weapon. She has a nasty kick.
Role: Biologist

Bio: Cera grew up with a pair of zookeepers for parents, thus she grew up with a liking for them as well. When she was still young, she had a nasty encounter with a Gabite at the Pokémon zoo her parents worked at. The evidence of that encounter is clear as day on her face. Even though the accident emotionally scarred her, she still doesn’t want to choose a different career path.

Her determination helped her keep her dream alive. Her heritage and quick thinking easily helped her get a job as a biologist. She has a photographic memory, and has memorized many facts about the local Pokémon, but wasn’t happy just learning about what feeds from her dumpster or lives in the local woods. 

She quickly started looking for more hands-on experience, and volunteered to get a field job by going along as a biologist’s assistant. When the possibility to go along with group of biologists and zoologists to an island with some interesting wildlife, she jumped on the chance to go along.
Report Spam   Logged

Morgain ~UT~
Dubious Dutchman
Resident

I'm not pessimistic, but realistic :I

Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter Level 4 Level 3
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 12:46:36 pm »

Because this sounds and looks very interesting, I'll join. Tell me when something is wrong with my sign-up sheet.

Name: Scorpius.

Species: Absol.

Differentiating features: Scorpius is a tad bit taller than the average Absol, his fur is light grey and rough, giving him a slightly older look. His eyes are a deep almost sick looking yellow and his claws are slightly larger than the normal ones.

Personality: Scorpius tends to keep himself distanced from breathing beings, clinging to the fact that he is supposed to be a bringer of bad luck. He lives on his own but does socialize with others, although at a more superficial level. For some reason, Scorpius can react, angry when things are not going the way he planned them. He lives near the mountains, to signify his contact with the cold nature and because not many people life there. He spends most of his time hitch-hiking and using Cut on large trees to sell the lumber for money.

A Bio of some sort: Scorpius became a little outcast in his youth, mostly because as an Absol he was a bringer of bad luck, which scared many of the others. Causing him to be bullied by other, larger Pokémon. This caused him to stay away from the others as much as possible, yet he still has a great voice in the community of the Pokémon. He knows more of the mountains than most Pokémon because he grew up there, and still lives there.

Yet, for the persons who see him more than a few times a year, do know that he enjoys the world more than anyone, with a slight smirk around his face and a slightly happy attitude he surprises people. Even when he gets into fights, or when others annoy him.

Other:
-   A love for fresh fish
-   His ‘home’ is located far in the mountains, not many Pokémon can actually reach it within a day.

--------------------------------
Human Sign Up
--------------------------------

Name: Joshua D’Arce
Appearance: Tall, standing about 6’3”, he is tanned and rather bulky. With green eyes and long blond hair, and a hard face.
He wears a Crocodile Dundee hat and a short brown jacket, wearing a pair of fine white gloves to stick out and a pair of short jeans, torn off by hitchhiking. Also mountain boots and a belt with lots of tools are part of his outfit. 

Personality: A daredevil, takes a hike when gets the chance and will tumble down hills and climb up trees. Hard moments are easy for him, he does not think about his actions nor does he take them in consideration. He loves what he does, and sometimes himself even more than others. Even so, he still has a big heart and can say some pretty darn right things.

Form of Defense: A large dagger to shove up someone’s stomach.

Role: Survival Expert.

Bio: Joshua D’Arce grew up in a small town, his parents were caring and he had a great time. Filled with hopes and dreams of having a wonderful, adventurous life. Luckily, for him when he had finished his school and walked out with his sign of graduation, he managed to find a job as tour guide for people around the world.

He enjoyed his life for as much as he possibly could, running through the jungles, riding through deserts on the back of a camel, he learned how life truly was. Too bad he never was able to take a customer his or hers advice nor their decisions about some things. He learned that he wanted to protect the places he went to, from the people he brought there. They were rich, had enough money to buy up the whole place. This turned him from a tour guide into a slightly rebellious person.

Now taking participation in protests against large companies and wealthy businesspersons, until he got a mail from a research group, he was not that excited to go. In his mind, they were already thinking about cutting down the whole forest. When he heard it was about a research on the island, he did not mind guiding the people through the forests or mountains anymore.
Report Spam   Logged

Well, why do I keep dying?
>>>>Booster
Fuzzy
Esteemed Members
Resident

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 02:08:51 pm »

Hm... Okay. Yer both in. =/ Surprisingly, I expected an all 'mon turnout and my expectations have been filled so far.

If we don't get someone on the human side in a little bit, I'll just edit the first IC into this post.
Report Spam   Logged
Hashihime
Wrow it's been ages
Veteran

It's a Bibliophile

Level 5 Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 05:05:04 pm »

Should I make a human OC too? I don't mind, but if we don't get alot of people signed up, it might be better if we have one of both.
Report Spam   Logged

>>>>Booster
Fuzzy
Esteemed Members
Resident

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2009, 11:54:55 pm »

Go ahead and make one if you want. I was going to do the same. It's up to you whether or not you follow the fad, Morgain.

Anyway, RP stahto.
=--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------=

I awoke when I must’ve subconsciously realized I was missing something. Normally, I would wake up with a brown and buff form in my arms, sharing the  cotton-stuffed bed with me. My mate wasn’t at my side this morning. The lopunny had abandoned me for the tub of purified water that she was rubbing upon her face. “I’m hurt…” I moaned, clapping a paw over my chest. Kala only looked at me over her shoulder, giggling. Her fur was covered in small, glistening drops of water that caught the morning sun.

“Morning, big man,” she teased, standing up. “I have a few chores to take care of before I wake the kids,” she said, slipping through the doorway of the small house.

I was puzzled at what chores she had, but then I remembered that lopunny in general were herbivores. Every two or three days—whenever the foliage-born food in the icebox started to run out, she would make a trip over to my long-gone berry farm and pick a few of the fruits and vegetables that replaced most of my oran trees. It would take her an hour or two to make the trip, pick the produce, then come back home. If the children woke up before she got back, Papa Rue would be left to deal with them. And they weren’t always easily managed.

“Boy, maybe I should go pick their food sometime…” I sighed, thinking aloud as I sat up, one short leg crossed over the other and a paw hanging limply below my chin. “The ankle biters always wake up right after she leaves—and I can’t nurse…!” With a small whine, I stared out the window, recounting a few rather awkward experiences with babies crying for milk I couldn’t give. There was something on the horizon of the light blue ocean—big and grey. It hadn’t been there before—when did it get there?
Report Spam   Logged
Morgain ~UT~
Dubious Dutchman
Resident

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2009, 06:30:48 am »

I'll add a human character to my sign-ups. Well, probably this midday.

=---------------------------------------------------------------=

I had been awake for a few hours now, sitting on a tree stump with my legs crossed and arms behind my head. A cold mountain breeze swept against my muzzle, the right tip of my lips curled up, a slight smirk. The raw outskirts around my house looked rather scary in the light of the rising sun. Not so far away I noticed an Ursaring and his mate climbing up to their cave, I had seen them a few times this season, never really talked to them. When I saw them look my way I gave a small nod, a sign that I was being polite, even if I didn't approach them. My stomach rumbled lightly, I hadn't had a good meal for a week or so.

"Darn..." I whispered, standing up, nearly tripping over a few pieces of lumber I recently cut. My claws slipped over the rough ground, I felt them remove a tiny bit of my skin, the only annoying thing about mountains like this one. On my paws I ran over the ground, enjoying the fact that I could move so quickly like this. I climbed up the mountain, my claws sliding deep into the wall to keep myself steady. The smile on my face grew bigger as I got higher up, looking at the bright blue horizon. That was weird, something new had appeared, what in the name of whoever was that? The wind grew colder, I felt my half-torn clothes blow lightly away, mostly because I wore it open.

"Meh..." I whispered, taking a small berry out of my pocket, an Oran Berry. Cut a small piece off with my nail and took a bite, it felt great to be honest, I always favoured meat over vegetables or fruit, but Berries beat everything.
Report Spam   Logged

Hashihime
Wrow it's been ages
Veteran

It's a Bibliophile

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2009, 11:06:47 pm »

I'll wait until a human example has been set, then I'll make mine.

-------------------------

Patchouli stretched, getting off the hanging cot which she used as a bed.  It wasn’t much, compared to what some homes had, but it was convenient when you were a non-winged creature living in a tree.  She padded over to the entrance in the tree’s trunk and grabbed the basket next to it.  She almost never stayed home on nicer days like this, as the sunlight renewed her energy when she stepped into it.  She was a creature of the sun, after all.

She carefully made her way down the tree, using her small size to her advantage as she leapt downwards like a cat.  Her Secret Power ability allowed her to make her home in the tree, but it certainly didn’t make getting to it easy.  The vines made it easy to get tangled up, but she knew what she was doing.

Her garden was located right underneath the tree, and it didn’t take long to harvest some of the crops. She did the same to some of the berry trees around her house, but not quite as many.  It couldn’t support her whole lifestyle, so she couldn’t pick the whole harvest in a day.  Satisfied with the day’s crop yield, she used her psychic abilities to levitate the basket of food back to its original spot, and made her way out of the tree-homes and towards the ocean.

She usually went beachcombing in the early morning, as she didn’t like all the noise in the nearby ocean-side village.  She planned on going into town later that day, hoping that things would be quieter for her then.  However, as the ocean came into view, she could see something large and grey, which shined in the sun.  She blinked, immediately curious, and started to pad down to get a better view.
Report Spam   Logged

>>>>Booster
Fuzzy
Esteemed Members
Resident

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2009, 01:36:41 pm »

Human example set. :p
======================================================

“There… Nice ‘n’ spiffy,” I said, jokingly. I flicked the cloth off of my camera’s lens and put the cap back on it. It had a big, “NATURAL HD,” logo on the side, glamorously splashed across the side. It had scratch marks on the panels that protected the internal electronics—plastic armor with actual scars. It didn’t store what it recorded in itself—I had a small hard drive attached to my thigh, leeching off the camera’s own, self-charging, alternating batteries. It could record until there wasn’t any memory left. This was the camera I started with and it had yet to be outdated. I’d use this thing until something broke it. And I’m surprised the wires connecting the two haven’t been ruined yet. The power cord is thick and beefy—hard to break, but the others are all for transferring data—just a main, fiber optic wire and a bunch of little backups.

“Hey Nom! Get over here chum! We oughta get a good shot of the island while we can still fit the entire thing in the frame!” Nare called out to me, gesturing with his hand. Nare Attor was the mustachioed, kaki-laden type of narrator who you just want to shoot in the face, because of the way he talks—the type that you like and hate at the exact same time, just for setting the mood of some crazy safari. I actually met him on my first assignment when he was doing something on reptiles in Africa, which was really just a big coincidence. I got my reputation when I chewed him out for not warning me about the feraligtr in the swamp we were in at one point—I nearly lost my leg and I was rather angry. On television, my cussing was heard as a flurry of humorous beeping. Everyone was shocked when I didn’t get fired afterward—including me.

“Yeah, yeah…” I mumbled, leaping from my chair, hauling the big video camera onto my shoulder as I stepped up just behind him. I popped off the lens cover and start recording on a count of three.

“Well, ladies and gents, here we are—Swizerlann! We’ll be arriving on the island in just a few minutes, so I’m going to make sure you know why we’re visiting this deserted island.” Nare Attor cleared his throat, before continuing. “This island is famous and the subject of much curiosity as a result of a truly peculiar…”
Report Spam   Logged
Morgain ~UT~
Dubious Dutchman
Resident

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2009, 01:30:19 pm »

I kept myself silent, I was just an extra on this trip, of course I had noticed the big star around here. Nare Attor, I didn't like that guy that much, he took too much work off my ass. I lowered my hat lightly and stared into the beautiful water, the ocean was still the best thing I had ever seen. The hat slipped off my head and nearly fell into the water, luckily I could grab it before it was out of reach. I blinked and saw something jump out of the water, a light shock went through my body and I jumped back, a Carvanha saw me as an easy prey.

"Bloody bastard!" I shouted at the thing as I put my hat back on, I started to tick my fingers against the blade attached to my belt, too much things went through my mind. Nare was still talking, oh god how annoying that idiot was. He had no idea about anything, at least not in my opinion. I spit into the water, oops, hit the Carvanha. I think that'll become a problem once.
In the corner of my eye I noticed a cameraman, at least people like that were better than those treecutters. Hmmm, he was rather familiar. I used to watch television all the time, and I doubted I didn't knew that man.

"....Nomis P. Sllih!" I nearly shouted in absolute astonishment. I had seen many of the man's programs, an artist on his own. Too bad his programs were censored sometimes, if I recalled the Feraligatr moment right.
"What a coincidence seeing someone like you around here!" I shouted, with a smile around my face. Walking up to the man with a warm feeling in my stomach.
"You don't know me, but I'm a huge fan of your work. I'm Joshua. Joshua D'Arc." I said, soon realizing that I was disturbing a recording the man was making. ****.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum