Aisenfield
March 28, 2024, 05:36:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The princess is in another castle.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

#1 Villains of all Time

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: #1 Villains of all Time  (Read 627 times)
EHW
Addict

Hey, it's that prick EHW!

Badges: (View All)
Seventh year Anniversary Search Sixth year Anniversary Level 5 Windows User
« on: July 25, 2009, 08:04:10 pm »

Now, seeing as I have read a massive amount of books, fanfics, watched many TV programmes and films, I can quite honestly say that there are obviously a matter of personal opinion on the ultimate villain for all time in these things.

Therefore, why not just simply make a topic and stick it into the entertainment section? Now, we aren't voting or anything, just merely giving opinions. I'll set the basic example for the signing in:

Name: Dr. Hannibal Lecter
Related Media:
                    -In Literature: Red Dragon (1981); The Silence of the Lambs (1988); Hannibal (1999);
                                        Hannibal Rising (prequel/ 2006)
                    -In Film: Manhunter (Red Dragon under different name/ 1986);
                                The Silence of the Lambs (1991); Hannibal (2001); Red Dragon (2002);
                                Hannibal Rising (2007)
Reasons?:

Dr. Hannibal Lecter is the ultimate villain of our time to date for a number of key issues. Apart from his late sister Mischa Lecter and future lover Clarice Starling, Dr. Lecter has no actual weakness. He has extreme mental fortitude, being able to withstand all sorts of pain without any sound or movement, merely acknowledging the feeling. He does not relish in it, simply takes it on board. He is also well-educated, highly advanced and on a higher level of thinking than most human beings. This, coupled with his excellency in psychology, breaks a lot of the characters in his own personal history, as well as making those who are not broken afraid of him due to this. He is cannibalistic, and also considering to be a true sociopath, at least until the final arc of the book Hannibal.

In many ways, Dr. Hannibal Lecter is the eptimone of the darkness of humanity. He is cannibalistic, due to being taught as a child that the most succulent meat is from the cheeks, his preferred area of attack. He is brutal and unscrupulous; a key lesson learnt during the time and immediate aftermath of war. He not only attacked due to the pleasure he gained from it, it was purely recreational, something he enjoyed. It also allowed him to gain liquid assets to his name and many aliases. In the first two novels, he is one of the two main antagonists in the books, and in both spends ample time not only slowing the investigations of both cases down, but also attempting to break both main characters in the process mentally. He endeavours to insult those who intrigue him all the more simply to see how they react. In a way, he treats the real world as his experimentation laboratory - where he toys with all who interest him.

Yet, for all his actions, he still has a humanity inside of him. Therefore, he is the true #1 villain of all time.
Report Spam   Logged

Eido/ Eido Version 2/ Wraith/ Aidan - Credit to Zarean

Avatar courtesy of Zarean of Aisenfield/ miha-mimiko-kyattuha of deviantART.com.

Personal Text edited by EHW - so no-one need take offence or blame.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Lord High Summoner
The Forsaken Mage
Resident

High Summoner

Level 6 Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 11:20:15 am »

That's a very good account of the character and I could agree with that statement as well, but to do the thread justice I believe I should also post someone of evil standards.

Name: Saint Dane
Related Media: Pendragon series
Reasons:
Saint Dane is the pure essence of chaos, his only goal in life is to cause mayhem and destruction within other worlds. His reason for doing this? To destroy the entire universe and rebuild it into his own image. He achieves his goal by working in a GodFather-esque fashion, he goes into another world and creates a plan to cause the civilization to tear itself apart in a brutal fashion. He even tricks the main protaganist of the series to unknowingly tip the balance into chaos.He relishes in causing others pain, and cannot feel any himself. He also has the power to shapeshift into any form he wants, making his mission even easier for him to achieve.He is comparable to that of the serpent in the Garden of Eden, in that he uses people's weaknesses against them.
Report Spam   Logged

~Credit to DT

"My soul, corrupted by vengeance
               Hath endured torment, to find the end of the journey
               In my own salvation
               And your eternal slumber.

Legend shall speak
               Of sacrifice at world's end
               The wind sails over the water's surface
               Quietly, but surely."
Night
Esteemed Members
Resident

Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 08:21:46 am »

I agree with Luce with everything he said... Except that I consider Hannibal Lecter and John Kramer (SAW) my personal heroes. XD

That makes me one sadistic little f***, doesn't it ?
Report Spam   Logged
Malibu
The main benefactor of DT's big shiny sword
Global Moderator
Resident

Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter Level 4 Level 3
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 05:38:07 pm »

Hannibal lecter would be joint first for me along with Jack The Ripper. XP Renn is worried at people finding them their personal heroes. Should I be bolting my door at night?

Name: Jack The Ripper
Related Media: There is so many, here is the wiki page for it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_the_Ripper_fiction 

I like the one with Johnny Depp in. argh can't remember what it was called, it will be on that list.

Reasons?: Never caught or identified to date. These attacks were shocking...horrific...just so violent. Jack the ripper is so famous, I always wonder though that if it had been a hundred years later instead of that time, whether he would have remained unidentified. It was so strange he was never caught. Was he really a psychopath or something of the like? In films, the characters of psychopaths are always shown to be people who want credit for their "work"... or was a nickname enough for him? Or maybe he died of disease.
Report Spam   Logged

made me picture the mods as furry little animals about to be killed on the Discovery channel.
-Winds Of Water
Big Dawg
The Last Dawg Standing
Warned Members
Resident

Do not fear, friends - I'm here!

Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter Level 3 Level 2
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 10:43:37 pm »

Name: Jason

Related Media: Friday the 13th (all), Freddy vs Jason

Reasons?: Mom got beheaded, he's a freak of nature, etc. Kills people in fun ways, and by fun I mean impaling them, cutting them, burning them, just the ways people who don't have a developed brain do it.
Report Spam   Logged

unit880

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2009, 09:21:49 am »

Spoiler Alert: Up to the end of Death Note: Another Note: Los Angeles BB Murder Cases. Spoilers will be marked by a black glow. You've been warned.

Name: Beyond Birthday

Aliases: B, BB, Rue Ryuzaki

Related Media: Death Note: Another Note: Los Angeles BB Murder Cases, Death Note

Reasoning: Sadistic (Some claim cannibalistic, but the novel never states he is.) serial killer who was born with the Shinigami eyes. Experimented with killings. Disguised himself as L to get close to the very person investigating his crimes. Mello (the badass God of Leather himself) described BB's laugh as a shinigami's laugh. Keeps strawberry jam in victims refrigerators.

Victims/Details of deaths: Believe Bridesmaid - Male (Died July 31st, 2002. Drugged, died of strangulation. Later slashed several times on the chest.) Four Wara Ningyo found at the scene.

Quarter Queen - Female (Age at death: 13. Died August 4th, 2002. Drugged, died of blunt force trauma to the skull. Eyes later crushed.) Three Wara Ningyo found at the scene.

Backyard Bottomslash - Female (Age at death: 28. Died August 14th, 2002. Drugged. BB experimented on her to see if a human could die of internal hemorrhage without rupturing any organs. The experiment failed and she died due to blood loss. Right leg and left arm cut off. Right leg later discovered in the bathtub. BB took the left arm.) Two Wara Ningyo found at the scene.

Fate: Attempted suicide by lighting self on fire for the final murder. Detained and put in prison. Dies January 21st, 2004 of a mysterious heart attack. (Possibly Kira, however it's never been confirmed.)
Report Spam   Logged
Night
Esteemed Members
Resident

Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2009, 01:28:27 pm »

Hannibal lecter would be joint first for me along with Jack The Ripper. XP Renn is worried at people finding them their personal heroes. Should I be bolting my door at night?

No, I just, I just, I.... I... *creepy dark deep coice* I WANNA PLAY GAME*creepy dark deep coice*

*3 days later renn crawls out of an old apartment covered in blood, cockroaches and snakes*

*watches from window*
See most people don't apreciate that they are alive, but not you. not anymore. . . *closes curtains dramitcly*

GAME OVER !!!

Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Crimson Curse
Mr. Curse
Resident

Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2013, 02:22:39 am »

Adrian Veidt, from Watchmen (graphic novel and movie). Especially when he says, "Do you take me for a comic book villain? I already did that thirty five minutes ago," after he tells the heroes his master plan and they say that they will stop him. The casting of Matthew Goode as Veidt was one of the things that this movie did perfectly.
Report Spam   Logged

The one and the same, whom you might have known or seen from a time long gone.
Picard
Tamamo-no-Mae
Administrator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Beyond the Horizon

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Level 7 Linux User
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2013, 05:08:15 am »

You just replied to a four year post. That's pretty something.

Anyway, I think a great villain would be someone like Kefka, since he actually succeeded in destroying the world and generally made the world and our protagonists suffer a lot. He doesn't exactly have a lot of depth, I suppose? He's more like a force of nature-ish villain that does bad things because it's fun and he's evil and because the world's a boring place without suffering, and he subscribes to a rather nihilistic philosophy. I guess people can argue about his depth, but I won't go into that. I just think that he's a very entertaining villain that actually succeeds in his plans.
Report Spam   Logged

CM
ovelrord
Resident

Search Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Linux User
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2013, 06:10:54 pm »

fring
Report Spam   Logged

pıɐs ǝɥs 'ɟɹɐ

suıɐɯop ʇuǝıqɯɐ ʎןɥbıɥ ɹǝɥʇo puɐ ǝɔuɐuosǝɹ ɔıʇɐɯoɹɥɔuɐd pǝssǝɹdǝp-ןɐpǝd uı ɹoıʌɐɥǝq uosɹǝd-ʇɹoɥs ɟo ǝɔuɐɔıɟıubıs ǝɥʇ pǝɹǝpuod 'uoıʇɐɔıɟıpoɯ ɹǝɥʇɹnɟ ǝuobɹǝpun buıʌɐɥ 'bop ɐ 'uʎןǝʌǝ
Picard
Tamamo-no-Mae
Administrator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Beyond the Horizon

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Level 7 Linux User
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2013, 09:38:26 pm »

Heisenberg.
Report Spam   Logged

Mightymike
Mightymike
Resident

I'm baaaaack

Apple User Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2014, 08:59:02 am »

Just look at my avatar and see who I'm dressed up as.
Report Spam   Logged

The difference between someone who *thinks* they're superior and the one who *knows*, is that the one who *knows* remains humble and respectful. The one who *thinks* goes out of their way to appear superior.

CHALLENGE ME!

Roleplays Active In:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum