Aisenfield
April 18, 2024, 06:21:52 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Hi. I'm the serial killer formerly known as DarkToph, and I am gonna *bleep* you up.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Small Notice

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Small Notice  (Read 337 times)
DarkToph
Ruler of all things Dark and Tophy.
Global Moderator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

I am the Queen of Randomness. You may gawk at me.

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Level 6
« on: June 29, 2009, 11:51:54 pm »

I've been EXTREMELY bored today, so I was looking through old posts and after seeing this a ton of times I'd just like to remind you people.

If you wish to have a thread locked, PM a mod or admin.

DO NOT POST "Mod plz lock" or anything of the like IN THE THREAD

First off, half the time people request lockings in a thread they're basically demanding we do it. We're not your butlers. Ask nicely

Secondly, this method of lock request does not guarantee the thread will even be locked. You have a much better chance of getting the thread locked by PMing a mod or admin.

Thirdly, if you see an offensive or rule-breaking post, it in no way helps to respond to it and finish off by saying "a mod will/should lock this" and not report it. You're only adding to the spam. I think I saw one spammy thread before the cleanup a while back that was filled with "A mod should lock this" "A mod will lock this" "Why hasn't anyone locked this yet?" When NO ONE was formally notified.

I think we've mentioned this, or I have at least, a few times when it's happened, but I thought I'd formally remind people.   Smiley

Be kind. PM for lockings....ind. Dammit. Doesn't rhyme.  Sad
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum