Aisenfield
March 29, 2024, 09:44:48 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "You mess with Aisenfield, Aisenfield messes with you." ~nya_chan

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Ceres Eve

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ceres Eve  (Read 4351 times)
Terak
Occassional Appearer-After-Long-Spans-of-Time
Global Moderator
Resident

Possibly a Ghost

Badges: (View All)
Level 6 Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Linux User
« Reply #75 on: August 31, 2009, 02:18:14 pm »

I’m very sorry for not being around. School pretty much ate up the last month for me, which is why I’ve been gone so long. While I can’t guarantee I’ll be around a lot when the school season rolls in, I’m ready to resume my commitment to this roleplay if other members are still willing.

Larall waited as introductions were passed around, letting the spokespeople handle the organization of this new gaggle of volunteers that had assembled. The two other dragons were indeed Yvaine and Alexandier as he had expected, and also in their company was the young half-elf priestess. The final three that had joined in at the end were the Human swordswoman, Athena, and twin Elvin warriors from the clan in Delwood: Moravynn and Natearon. It appeared he would have to trade off some of his hefty reward for the benefit of safety in numbers.

The good news was that in their effort to escape, the thieves had made a reckless move. Since his younger days, Larall had taken a keen interest in learning all about the various kinds of magical artifactry, and could recognize all but the rarest of such treasures. These thieves had probably stumbled across their magic item after raiding some old temple, and had only learned a very basic understanding of its use. They were sword-wielding brigands, after all. The only one who might understand its use could be their leader, and even still, they were playing in a field where Larall was king. Sensing a break in the conversation, Larall cleared his throat.

“That was an Elvin artifact those thieves used,” he said. “An old aeradi maesi, or ‘escape sphere’ to the human. Old technology, outdated too. They probably didn’t realize how to use it correctly.”

“And just who are you?” Natearon asked, turning to face Larall. He was only a young elf, no more than 100, and at once Larall could tell that his finer clothes were being observed by the fledgling with a degree of reproach. “I don’t recall seeing your contribution in that battle.”

What a perceptive young lad. Larall made a mental note to keep away from him, as well as do something more flamboyant in their next skirmish. “Unfortunately, the battle was won before my contribution could be made recallable,” he responded pleasantly. “However, as something of a magic expert I can now make my contribution by revealing where our target has fled to. Look.” He motioned northwards. “They left both a trail of blood and magic heading in that direction. Even if we lose track of the blood, I can still easily tell you where the magic leads if we follow it. If we’re all ready and well to go on, we can leave immediately.”

Not the quality I was hoping for, but I figured I would start with a small contribution just to get my roleplaying legs back. In the meantime, this is a good chance to see how many people are still in.
Report Spam   Logged
everkitsune
Fish out of water
Resident

Avatar is temporary until I make something new...

Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter Level 3 Level 2
« Reply #76 on: September 05, 2009, 11:15:16 pm »

Natearon was probably a bit overly suspicious, but honestly, could you blame him? He was surrounded by this group of humans and…and DRAGONS! Of all things to be surrounded by, of all the races to be helping. Sure, there were other elves but honestly? This was the largest diverse group he’d ever had to deal with in one place.

Moravynn seemed to be getting on fine. His twin had introduced them to the others. With the sour feeling of losing, he resigned himself to whatever was too happen now. They were completely useless. They were completely out of their element. He sighed quietly, standing back a was from his brother and crossing his arms.

"Thank you, Moravynn, Natearon, for offering your services. We humbly accept your help…"However... How should we continue our search? The thieves disappeared so suddenly, does anyone know a way to track them?" The woman – Mazarin said to them. He knew that the church was an important function – he’d read about what religion was like for humans. It was completely nonsensical.

Why was it so important to chase after the thieves anyway? Had they done something? Was it the magic that they’d used? Perhaps…the other elf started to talk. Speaking of artifacts and technology and words that he didn’t know. He had to bite back a sneer. When he’d been watching the others battle from the outskirts, the other elf had barely participated at all.

The word untrustworthy shot through his mind, and he couldn’t help but say something about it. There was nothing he hated more than people who acted like they were so important without actually doing anything. “And just who are you?” He asked haughtily. “I don’t recall seeing your contribution to that battle.” He ignored his brother’s surprised look. It wasn’t often that he snapped like this.

“That’s all well and good,” Natearon said, because at least now they had a path to follow. Even if they didn’t, part of a sentry training was to be able to track. Vision as keen as theirs was helpful, and it would be easy to trace the heavy footfalls of an injured human or two. “But who are you?” He asked, not taking kindly to the fact that he was being ignored.

Moravynn cleared his throat, rather wary at all the talk of magic. He’d never really cared much about it. It seemed far too tedious – that. He was much better at swords as they didn’t require much patience – and they were a quicker way to get the job done. He also liked to think there was a sort of honor to a blade that all other types of weaponry lacked.

“Should we go then?” He asked, glancing around the group before he bounded forward – a springboard of energy. He roped his arm cheerfully through Natearon’s before his brothers foul mood could cause a fight between him and their new friends. Really, he knew his brother was unhappy but there was no reason for this.

“Come brother,” he smirked, tugging at Nate’s long braid. “Stop sulking.” He danced away before his brother could do anything and fled to the other side of the tall, dark, and silent dragon. The one he had entered the battle about the same time with.

ooc: fail is fail. sorry for the wait!!!
Report Spam   Logged

Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart. -Confucious

Claimed by Yeonah and claims her back. GTFO |<

Active RolePlays
Xero (hiatus)
Ceres Eve (ongoing)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum