Aisenfield
April 18, 2024, 03:04:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Aisenfield is relevant to my interests.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Ceres Eve

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ceres Eve  (Read 4357 times)
Zarean
enasnI naeraZ
Esteemed Members
Resident

Rawr >:3

Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter Level 3 Level 2
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2009, 11:55:33 pm »

Accepted.
Report Spam   Logged

I am a member of RAWR (Roleplayers who Approve of Working Roleplays).  Please do not join or create multiple RPs unless you are certain you are able to handle the obligation of providing a post in each thread at least once every week. Neglecting to do so is a rude inconvenience for fellow roleplayers and inhibits the progression of the roleplay itself.

If you support active roleplays, please include this quote in your signature.

~Banner by Moi~

Count Down (1st chapter out) Written and Drawn by me.

Ceres Eve My newest roleplay, check it out if you're interested!

I was claimed by Stained-Glass-Seraphim. 12/05/07

Notice: I've recently gotten a job, and I'll be starting college soon, so I will be slow to respond.

Wanna Fight?
Angel
You Deserve A Try Again Frog
Esteemed Members
Greenhorn

Combination Topic Starter Level 3 Level 2 Level 1
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2009, 03:12:25 am »

All righty, it's been awhile...let's see if I can still Role Play, eh? ^ ^

Find Ceres

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Name:  Ayder Demoss [Ah-Dee-Air. Sounds kinda like Audio.]

Race: Human

Occupation: Known as “Bad Aim Ayder” And “King Klutz” by the people of his village.

Appearance: Ayder is a somewhat short male, his body lightly toned from running back and forth for work. His skin is a very soft peachy hue, the areas around his eyes a much lighter shade. Along his right ear, he has several piercings along the bottom, the left ear barren, and the piercings themselves being only simple loops. His hair falls just below his shoulder blades, the soft strands colored a shimmering gold, while his eyes are colored a brilliant, rich purple, often giving away what he is feeling. Around the base of his neck, he wears several necklaces, some hosting charms, while others are merely silver chains, a couple silver bracelets hanging loosely from his wrists.

Around his upper torso lies a green jacket that falls to the middle of his ribcage, the thick yet silky feeling clothe decorated by various swirls and patterns, the outer rims shining with a golden material. Underneath that lies a white blouse, a faint ruffle like appearance around the neck and wrists of the garment. A pair of dark, semi thick leather gloves encases his slim hands, aiding him in the grip of his bow and arrows and sword. Covering his long legs is a simple pair of darker green pants which flare lightly at the base, the legs adorned by many pockets, a black sash tied tightly around his hips, the excess hanging down. His feet are bare, preferring to feel the ground completely, then have it hidden by any sort of cover.

Personality: Loving to have fun and make friends, Ayder is usually bustling with life and energy. He is well known around his village, both as a great guy, and an absolute klutz. Though he is known as more of a happy go lucky kind of guy, he can sit down and seriously work on any situation at hand if the need arises. Ayder also has quite the stubborn side, he never gives up, even if it seems that there is no chance for victory left.

He also carries with him a fair amount of patience, and can’t help but give a smile and a wink to any ladies he passes by. Yet sadly, none have fallen for his gestures.

Bio: Born and raised within a normal village, Ayder has always dreamed of venturing out into the lands. Though because he is still young, his parents only let him venture far enough to gather herbs or water for the inn his family runs, and allow him to make the occasional trip to the nearby city if no one else is able to. He has never minded too much though, because he has always been able to at least speak with the many different travelers there, and see any weaponry or relics they may happen to have. Along with learning from people, Ayder has also learned a lot from books, this knowledge making him fall in love with the many different races, and their folklore at a very young age.

Using only a wooden sword, and a bow and arrow set that he had made in his spare time, Ayder would sneak out at night and practice, wishing to fight like those he had read about and spoken to. But, due to his parents never wishing for him to be in battle, he would have to rush back in and hide his homemade creations within his room before either parent woke up.

Strengths: Due to his parent’s use of herbs, he is good at making basic medicines and salves and because of his love of other races, he is knowledgeable of each, and his unbeatable spirit makes him a good challenge.

Weaknesses: Because he is human, his body cannot take much impact. And due to his training only being at night alone, he is not fully prepared for what a true battle will bring about. Being nearsighted, Ayder cannot see very far ahead, and even though he trains hard with his bow, his eyesight gives him problems.

Possessions: The clothes that he wears were a gift from an Elf that had once stayed at the Inn, and Ayder often carries a small pack of medicinal and outdoors items for when he heads into the woods, just in case he gets wounded, or lost.

Other:
1)   Ayder tends to collect little trinkets and shove them in his pants pockets, often forgetting about them. This has led to some startling discoveries later.

2)   He is also good with his hands, able to craft wooden weaponry and other various objects that his mind cooks up.

3)   He is embarrassed by his bad eyesight, having yet to tell anyone about it, even though it is the main reason he is the klutz that he is.
Report Spam   Logged

I am a member of RAWR (Roleplayers who
Approve of Working Roleplays). Please do not join
or create multiple RPs unless you are certain you
are able to handle the obligation of providing a
post in each thread at least once every week.
Neglecting to do so is a rude inconvenience for
fellow roleplayers and inhibits the progression of the roleplay itself.

I, Stained-Glass-Seraphim, and/or Angel, claim chaos (From Xenosaga), Taiki (From Sailor Moon), Vaan (From Final Fantasy 12), The Prince (From Katamari Damacy), Zarean, and Terak. But, in regards to the rules, I do not claim anything that they have at all. Just them, for they are friends, and are ok with it.
Zarean
enasnI naeraZ
Esteemed Members
Resident

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2009, 03:21:01 am »

Accepted! *stamp of approval*
Report Spam   Logged

I am a member of RAWR (Roleplayers who Approve of Working Roleplays).  Please do not join or create multiple RPs unless you are certain you are able to handle the obligation of providing a post in each thread at least once every week. Neglecting to do so is a rude inconvenience for fellow roleplayers and inhibits the progression of the roleplay itself.

~Banner by Moi~

Notice: I've recently gotten a job, and I'll be starting college soon, so I will be slow to respond.

Wanna Fight?
EHW
Addict

Hey, it's that prick EHW!

Seventh year Anniversary Search Sixth year Anniversary Level 5 Windows User
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2009, 03:18:37 pm »

Mythical Quest

Name: Istdhurin (Means Secret Knowledge in elvish. Actual elvish - found it on a site.) [pronounced Ist-dew-rin-]
Race: Elven Ceres Eve (Quarter Pure)
Occupation: Second son to the Noble House of Coruvaen; Practitioner of Magic
Appearance: Istdhurin has long, flourishing black hair, which falls down half of his back with a certain grace that befits his personage. His hair is blessed for being both smooth yet supple. Threaded into his hair are highlights of silvers and golds, which are due to his custom of magically enhancing his appearance. His eyes are a paler colour, more gentle in its general viewing: owl-grey in colour, inside which are many dots of greens, ambers and browns, due to the pale colour of his eyes. He stands at approximately 5'7" and weighs in at an average weight for his height. He has a supple and small build, and doesn't often exert himself.

Istdhurin wears a set of plain oak-bark brown robes, which are rimmed and burnished with dulled bronze yarn, embroidered to show many ceremonial yet practical charms. These robes are meant to conceal many areas of his body which he does not wish the public to see, but are also more importantly the traditional outfit of a Mage Graduate. These robes are tied to his waist with a rope-belt made out of golden hay, which also hold some bottles full of potions, his valubles sack and his weapon holster to his person. On his feet, Istdhurin wears winged sandels, which are made out of the natural pine wood, often found while parading through the woods during hunting. The wings are purely decorational, yet Istdhurin has had them dusted with gold dust to set them off. On his back, Istdhurin carries his knapsack, which contains all of the belongings which he cannot use immediately, such as his spellbooks and his potion ingredients.

Personality: Outwardly, Istdhurin is a calm and collected person, and someone who has few friends for the sake of being asocial. This is further reinforced due to the fact that his eyes seem soulful, yet outwardly Istdhurin appears asocial to an unhealthy extreme. His intellect seems to be above that of most people’s, which just pushes people farther away from him even more.

This is due to the fact that Istdhurin finds it difficult to make friends with people, generally because he still has yet to get over his mother's death, and his father's subsequent remarriage, rare amongst the nobility of the elves. Due to this and his general intellectual status, he has grown up with few friends, and cannot confide in many people. On top of this, he has to often challenge himself to remain emotionally-detached, due to the fact that emotions can overpower magic to heights they shouldn't reach. This often means he bottles away his emotions until a later date.

Bio: Istdhurin was the second born to the noble house of Coruvaen, a fairly high-standing house among the people. Due to being born second, Istdhurin wouldn't ever be the Family Heir, and therefore was allowed more freedom at the cost of less attention. Istdhurin leapt at this and asked his mother, a medium-able mage, to teach him magic - even at a young age, Istdhurin loved magic. The two of them continued to have lessons with the other until Istdhurin had turned 11, where his mother had an unexplained illness take hold and she died.

The young elf was heartbroken - his mother was dead, and in this so was his best friend and confidant, as well as his magical tutor. His father married another woman early not five winters after, shocking many with his quick grieving. Istdhurin was never fully prepared for this, and therefore shut away his emotions before requesting he left for the Academy for Magic. His father agreed readily, knowing the second-born was not yet prepared for a new mother, and also wished to learn more magic in an attempt to be closer to her.

Istdhurin loved the Academy. He stayed on year after year, taking different courses and entering different "schools" of magic, making sure to learn everything he could about each subject before moving on. This dedication to his chosen art was part of the reason he stayed on to become the longest serving student of the Academy, as well as his pleasant attitude to learning. Having graduated not anymore than a few years ago, Istdhurin is still unused to his family's private life and their standing, and therefore has kept more to himself than revealing his abilities to them.

Strengths: Istdhurin has been declared one of the best students of the Academy of Magic, and due to his dedication, is informed of almost every type of spell known to the majority of people. He is particularly adept at creating and maintaining fire without utilising a foci, his skills in Transmutation or Alchemy as it is commonly called, and his ability to use runic spells and wards. He also is multilingual, speaking in a few tongues of lesser races.

Weaknesses: Due to being absorbed into the magical culture, Istdhurin doesn't actually train physically, and is therefore rather weak and frail compared to average elves, who aren't the strongest race either. He suffers rather badly in close combat due to this, and therefore will often attempt to flee from nose-to-nose fighting.

Possessions: Magic Foci: A foci is an item of some sorts which allows the magic-user to fully channel their energy into spells. The most common two are wands or staffs, both of which used by most mages. Istdhurin uses a silver birch wand with a runic pattern inscribed by himself to make it more durable and easier to handle.
Potion Ingredients and Related Appliances: Istdhurin is never short of potions of common sort, and often has a variety of items in order to create the best from scratch.
Silver one-sided dagger: Istdhurin's only method of defense against a blade, he prefers to use it to refine his potions ingredients. He has some training with it, but doesn't often use it for this reason.

Other:
- Istdhurin will often go out of his way for books or parchments containing rare information about magic on or in them, sometimes resulting in him ending up in hilarious situations when trying to save the knowledge.
- Istdhurin is a quarter Ceres Eve on his mother's side, her mother being full Ceres Eve.
- Due to his magical talent, Istdhurin is often using magic for the most mundane things, such as cooking food or simply lazily moving things around without the need to touch them.
Report Spam   Logged

Eido/ Eido Version 2/ Wraith/ Aidan - Credit to Zarean

Avatar courtesy of Zarean of Aisenfield/ miha-mimiko-kyattuha of deviantART.com.

Personal Text edited by EHW - so no-one need take offence or blame.
Zarean
enasnI naeraZ
Esteemed Members
Resident

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2009, 04:32:01 pm »

Luci, accepted. But please add how to pronounce Istdhurin's name to your sign up. That one is a tongue twister.

[EDIT]

Mafiso, your signup isn't accepted as of now. Unfortunately your Fairy character's powers and abilities don't match the race he is. If you want him to be a Druid with arcane magic, he would be better suited as an Elf or Human. Fairies are elementals.
However your Demon Character is fine.
Report Spam   Logged

~Banner by Moi~

Wanna Fight?
Kenji
Admincat
Administrator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Harem Master

Nineth year Anniversary Search Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 20000 Posts
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2009, 06:50:23 pm »

S'yeah, I'm out of school mostly forever (with the exception of comm. college sometime in '10), most of my free time is spent on the net and games until I've acquired some sort of job, of which I have numerous options at my fingertips... What the hell, let's join a roleplay on Aisen that I won't drop out of. If you'll let me, Zarean-chan, I'll have a profile (or many?) done within the next few hours, provided I don't get sidetracked too long.
Report Spam   Logged

Zarean
enasnI naeraZ
Esteemed Members
Resident

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2009, 07:03:21 pm »

Because of the number of people already reserving places in the roleplay, you can join, but start off with just one character. More characters can be brought in for side-plot in the future, but there's already so many people in it.

AdminCat, Reserved.
Report Spam   Logged

~Banner by Moi~

Wanna Fight?
Lord High Summoner
The Forsaken Mage
Resident

High Summoner

Level 6 Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2009, 08:37:42 pm »

Death of the Ceres

Name: Alexandier

Race: Dragon/elf

Appearance: Alexandier has the ability, as a Dragon, to change his appearance from his Dragon form into that of a human/elf. In his Human/Elf form he is over 6ft tall and weighs approximately 230lbs which is all muscle and hardly any fat. He is garbed in all black and wears a hooded cape, which covers his face at all times for the most part, and magically enhanced armor with dragon runes etched into it. His hair is a silver color and his eyes are midnight black which gives his face an eerie aspect to it.

In his Dragon Form Alexandier is a deep blood red color with hues of black melted together to add a kind of scorched and haggard appearance. He is relatively large for his age, since in Dragon Years he is still a young man, and is about 10ft from the ground to his neck. He has large claws and fangs as well as spikes down his back the add to his ferocious look, but the one thing that gives him a fierce appearance is a large scar that runs across his shoulder.

Personality: Alexandier is a very calm and collected person, although when you first meet he has a cold demeanor, as he never trusts someone until they earn his respect. He is very intelligent but unlike some who rub their smarts in others faces, he never makes his intelligence an issue when around others. For a dragon he is unusually reserved, as most young dragons have yet to learn the art of observing and then commenting, this has allowed him to learn how to analyze situations at an early age. Alexandier leads a life of seclusion, but in a social situation he does not hesitate to voice his opinion. Although he does not naturally trust anyone, Alexandier has been known to be very loyal to his closest friends, even putting his body on the line for them. As he has grown older and wiser, he has slowly changed his cold attitude to others and began to act more socially.

Bio: Alexandier never had a normal family life, for the most part he didn't even have a family life since his mother died when he was very young and his father abandoned him. To this day he does not know the race of either parent, so it unknown to him where he gets his Dragon ancestry from and where he gets his elven ancestry from. As a child he was always different from other children, his half blood nature made him posses increased abilities when it came to training and he matured faster than one would imagine. When he reached the age of 100 he took his first step toward being a great Dragon and took the Trial of Khanuk which would test his abilities and grant him higher status within the dragon world. The test lasted one week and when Alexandier returned with the head of an Bakonawa, which is one of the enemies which oppose dragons. In the test though Alexandier changed, he had earned a great wound across his shoulder that scarred him for life and he never was the same in his personality, he now was more timid and dark. Over half a century later Alexandier was welcomed into the Dragon Peacekeepers, a sort of militia group that was set up to protect the dragon population. He had early success with the militia and was assigned on several dangerous missions that led him all over the world, allowing him to experience almost every culture. A century and a half later, Alexandier was promoted to the highest rank within the Militia, having proven his abilities in combat as well as his wisdom on and off the battlefield.

For the past 130 years he has been traveling across the globe to gain knowledge on the world as a whole, learning the lore of other cultures and studying their past. This had led to him gaining extensive knowledge in weapon usage, as the dragon race is quick to learn and their capacity for learning borders on near Innate Capability.

Strengths: Strong Spellcaster, Endurance, Strength, Speed, Increased senses

Weaknesses: When in dragon form his soft belly is his weak point, he also cannot move as quickly

Possessions: Alexandier wields a sword by the name of PunioFatum, it is a longsword with ancient runes of the Dragons etched into the blade and intricate symbols all over the hilt. The blade is black in color and the runes are placed in all red lettering. The Hilt is wrapped with cloth and thus is hidden from view, Alexandier has never shown a soul the hilt of his blade.

He also has a bow which is of Dragon make and is made out of Diamonds through a means which the Dragon smiths have perfected and have shared with none. The bow can only bee drawn back by those who are dragons and with the magicks binding it, have to be of Alexandiers blood.

His last weapon is a staff which is made of unknown material but has symbols etched all around it.

Other:
1. He has a thirst for knowledge that compels him to seek out libraries and instructors on new techniques
2. He has a soft spot for the elven culture
3. He is a hopeless romantic, and while no one knows it, he writes poetry and lyrics in his free time.
Report Spam   Logged

~Credit to DT

"My soul, corrupted by vengeance
               Hath endured torment, to find the end of the journey
               In my own salvation
               And your eternal slumber.

Legend shall speak
               Of sacrifice at world's end
               The wind sails over the water's surface
               Quietly, but surely."
Zarean
enasnI naeraZ
Esteemed Members
Resident

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2009, 03:58:51 am »

To LHS/VHB: Still missing some things in your sign up (The Other section is blank). I'd also like to make a quick note about your character's strengths as a Dragon, for future reference. While Dragons are very intelligent, magic doesn't come naturally to them (Like it does for Elves). However, they can use spells by memorizing and receiting complicated and long encantations. The spells would be strong in comparison to a human's capabilities, but Elves are better at Magic then Dragons are. But no worries, Alexandier can still use magic, I'm not saying you have to change that.

One thing I didn't make clear is, With their age and intelligence, Dragons as a whole are a more diplomatic Race, they're very calm and very formal. Violent Insticts more belong with the Demons. Thats how I've always imagined them, at least. Not saying all of them are, but just 'in general'. I think I'm going to Edit the first post to add a quick summory of common personality traits for the Five Races...

Other then that, as long as you don't go to overboard with Alexandier being a "Highest Rank PeaceKeeper" you'll be accepted as soon as the bio gets finished all the way.
Report Spam   Logged

~Banner by Moi~

Wanna Fight?
Nature_Dragon_Vivi
Queen of the Dragons
Resident

Happy Emo Chick

Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2009, 01:10:52 pm »

Name: Yvaine Draco

Race: Dragon Ceres Eve (Half Pure)

Appearance: Yvaine is roughtly 5'6 and very well curved for her height. Her skin is slightly tanned and her hair that falls just past her shoulders is onyx with a strange purple hue to it. Her eyes are a bright Amethyst, settled under thin eyebrows and long lashes and above smooth cheeks, her face being slightly oval in shape, but strangely broad and regal at the same time.
She generally wears  knee high boots over her dark slacks. She dones a white loose shirt over a lace up tunic made for women (it stops under the breasts), with a belt that holds her sword. She also has a cloak with the royal family symbol.

In her Dragon form her scales are the same color of her hair, onyx with the deep purple hue. She is roughly 8ft tall and about 11 ft long. She has small spikes just begining to form along her spine and 2 horns on her head.

Personality: Yvaine's almost always had a dominate dragon personality. She's always relied on her instinct, even if they are sometimes wrong. Eve is an adventurous and curious girl. She has finally mastered her patience, but it requires her to meditate for some time everyday. She hates being ordered about, it's all that has happened for the majority of her life, so she's leading her life the way she wants. She is generally the Type A/B persononality. She is capable of managing stress and is a very easy going woman. She doesn't talk too much unless she has to talk. The world doesn't revolve around her, and she knows this. She's a big nature girl who hunts for something to discover.

Bio: Yvaine has been raised in a castle, not as a dragon, but as a human. She's finally come of age. She is now being able to speak and think for herself. Everyone has sheltered her since her birth and told her what to learn and think, and she feels as if she's been freed. She is- after a countless years of being taught to be a woman and not a person- breaking the rules. She's learned to fence and to fight, how to survive and she's finally mastering her dragon self.

Strengths: She's small and quick unlike most dragons.

Weaknesses: Her size means she is not as strong.

Possessions: A Diamond Rapier with runes engraved into the blade and the royal family symbol on the hilt

Other:
She has no care for royalty- it's a burden
She hates rules- they hold back the free spirited
HATES (with a passion) anything extremely feminine (skirts, heels, jewerly, ect.)
Report Spam   Logged

I dont need a reset button, if I fail once thats it, I don't need to do it again.
"When I was your age, Pluto was a planet, and there were only 150 pokemon."
I have a curse for you all.... may all your bacon burn. =P

I Nature_Dragon_Vivi here by claim the following characters:
Zelda And her alter ego Sheik, Midna, Samus, Ike, Marth, Yoshi, Kalas (Baten Kaitos), All Characters from TALES OF SYMPHONNIA and SKIES OF ARCADIA. Of course I must state that I am indeed unclaimable.
Zarean
enasnI naeraZ
Esteemed Members
Resident

« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2009, 07:16:14 pm »

XxKissXMyXShotgunXX: you forgot to include proof that you read the rules, but your character passes. *Approval*

VHB: Thank you for fixing that up, and you're cleared for acceptance.

Mafioso: Accepted.

Everyone Else:

Since there's only three people left who havn't posted their Sign-ups, We can start the Roleplay Soon, and they can just post a sign-up when they can, and then join in. I'll be getting the First post up Tonight or Tomorrow.
Report Spam   Logged

~Banner by Moi~

Wanna Fight?
Kenji
Admincat
Administrator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Harem Master

Nineth year Anniversary Search Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 20000 Posts
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2009, 11:54:43 pm »

I decided to take a new approach to this character. Numerous elements of her design are taken from many of my other characters, including a killable, not-undead, badass version of Leon. Her biography is also stitched-together, and I had to improvise on some parts; if there's a lack of detail, I'll revise it on request. Also, the Other section is probably the second-longest of the entire profile; a first for me! The four linked images will be placed on my Photobucket, to avoid bandwidth theft and all that stuff, but I'll wait until it's officially approved. Anyway, without further ado, here's my character.

Ceres Redemption

Name: Athena Rethazael

Race: Human Ceres Eve (Half)

Appearance: Athena stands at her family's average height of 5'6", weighing in at 112 lbs; her lithe, agile-looking form hides the warrior within that she has developed. She bears light skin, naturally unmarred from the sun, yet housing assorted scars on her stomach, back, arms and legs. Her blue eyes, once bright with vibrant youth, are steeled over, always prepared for combat. In essence, these bodily features both contrast her hair, black, wavy, and free of interference save for when she binds it in a ponytail. Her apparel* is unique, almost advanced for this age, having been made by a "genius weaver".

Personality: Athena tends to keep to herself, having willingly chosen the life of a nomad. Though she isn't cold and withdrawn from the world, she does make it a point to avoid speaking with strangers unless the circumstances call for it. Despite this, she cannot ignore someone in need of assistance, and has often been temporarily driven away from her solitude to perform heroic acts. Her relationships, both platonic and romantic, are few and far in between, preferring to skirt the possibility of friends and loved ones being harmed because of her own actions; this single fact is an odd contrast to her external attitude, and has led to awkward conversations time and time again.

On the field of battle, whether in single combat or units pitted against another, Athena is extremely talented; her reflexes have been honed well, as her mind has, allowing for split-second changes in strategy and tactics. She is the first to rush the enemy, preferring to keep any allies behind her as she charges and clears a path. Flesh wounds and magical burns, in her mind, are trivial hindrances at best, and won't stop her unless the damage is major - a broken bone or appendage - or flat-out lethal. Whatever condition she may be in, her first priority is protection of any and all allies on her side, the second being the subjugation or annihilation of the enemy at hand, leaving her health as the last.

Bio: A child of royalty, Athena - or better known then as Halcyon Ishketrax - was the next in line to inherit the Queendom of Ishketrax. She was pampered and spoiled to a godly extreme in an effort to focus her mind on the inevitable role she would step into. However, the Princess disliked anything noble, royal, exquisite, anything she was privy to because of her status. What Athena desired was her own life, one free of the responsibilities of a soon-to-be Queen. Her defiance, kept hidden in her pretty little head, came to breed into a sort of anger and disgust, which eventually manifested itself in an infamous scenario.

Following her fourteenth birthday, Athena learned through her servants that she was due to be married to a young Elven noble five years her senior, with all credit due to her father. Now she realized another fact of royalty; the lives of their young were governed solely by the parents. The news spiked her emotions, and prompted the young Princess to assassinate her own father, effectively the King of Ishketrax. She managed to frame one of her more shifty servants for the murder.

Yet her mother, the Queen, decided to proceed with the wedding plans and brought the Elf to Ishketrax. Athena's stability hit rock bottom at this, and not only did she execute her fiance, but did so in plain sight of her mother before injuring her as well, and fleeing the domain. The now Ex-Princess took refuge with a smaller rival kingdom, and offered them explicit knowledge of her own country in exchange for certain provisions: Combat training, magical tutoring, and resources to allow studying of strategy, tactics, and survival. In essence, she slaughtered her homeland, and renounced her royalty.

Athena spent five years learning whatever she desired, improving most aspects of her person, and fought for the kingdom to which she betrayed her country, earning a reputation for herself as its youngest generals. On her nineteenth birthday, the Prince of the kingdom offered marriage and an opportunity to become the next Queen. Athena's past emotions kicked in, and despite having a strong relationship with the Prince, nearly killed him on instinct. She ended up apologizing profusely, but their friendship was permanently damaged in the end. Examining her past actions and the effect they've had on her life, Athena decided to leave the kingdom on a pilgrimage of redemption, reformation, and - above all - self-forgiveness for destroying her own family. It was then that she erased her name from history, changing her name to Athena Rethazael - the last name of the Prince, ironically.

Four more years have past, and Athena has covered much of the known lands, travelling through villages, towns, and cities alike. She has earned a reputation that follows her wherever she goes, having the seemingly-deserved fame of a wandering heroine. Of course, in the process of gaining this reputation, Athena has both made and lost friendships, causing great aches of the heart. To avoid continued loss of life on her part, the ex-princess kept to herself most of the time, making much fewer and less strong bonds. Still, it appears to be fate for people to die around her, yet not by her own blade; perhaps a curse for committing genocide of her own country? Whatever the reason, Athena continues to wander and hone her skills, desperately seeking the three goals she set out to meet in the beginning. Needless to say, destiny has an interesting plan for her...

Strengths: Athena is well-balanced martially and arcanely, being a rather flexible fighter (metaphorically and literally), though her strongest asset, aside from the willingness to preserve any friendships she happens to make, is her swordplay.

Weaknesses: Athena can't bear to see anyone she cares about be slain because of her reputation and actions. If this happens in front of her, one of two things tends to happen: Either she will break down on the spot and mourn their death, or fly into a furious rage that can only be sated by more destruction.

Possessions: Athena has no famous weapons of legend or anything of the sort. Her equipment consists of a pair of Leaf Swords on either side of her waist, a Longsword** that hangs off the back of her belt, and an ornate Claymore against her back.

Other: Yeah, err... I'm putting this section in its own set of quotes. I didn't expect it to be this big!
- Athena denies any knowledge of the Ishketrax Queendom ever existing, as well as her own genocidal past with it.
- In her lifetime, Athena has had three potential lovers: one, the Prince from the once-rival kingdom, whose relationship was effectively severed due to instinct; the other two, happy-go-lucky men who gave their lives for her. This isn't counting the Elven noble she was supposed to marry at 14.
- Athena has since learned that royalty and nobility are not so bad, but that kind of life isn't of her tastes. Why else would she be on this pilgrimage?
- Because of her travels, Athena has picked up the Elven language, and can partially understand, but not speak, Demonic or Draconic.
- * = To add a somewhat unique touch to the character (because admittedly, I stitched her bio and personality together from other characters, both successful and failed), her outfit is that of a female Vergil, with the exception of the amulet, and no front pockets on her pants. I feel that this look reflects her once-royal heritage, and her renewed respect of royalty/nobility.
- ** = The longsword hangs in a similar fashion to Kadaj's Souba.
- Weapon Details are as follows: Leaf Swords are 19 inches in length, blades being a foot of that, hilts and pommels the rest, and are generally dual-wielded in standard style or inverted (held backwards; useful for close-quarters); Longsword is 32 inches in length, blade being 22 inches of it, hilt and pommel the rest, and is typically single-handed, inverted, or used with one of the leaf swords; Claymore is 46 inches in length, blade being 34 inches of it, hilt and pommel the rest, and while its primary purpose is two-handed wielding, is capable of being utilized in a single hand, likely because it's shorter and therefore lighter than a standard greatsword.
- Athena's spells revolve around evocation magics, her 'elements' being fire, electricity, wind and ice. She also can coat her blade in a spell, creating a sort of "brand", such as the classic Firebrand. Casting using her weapon is also feasible. Her last-resort spell is an electrocution spell that channels the aformentioned element into her own skin, and triggers a spontaeneous shock harming anyone touching her; best used when grappling or being held.
- Finally, Athena has no knowledge of her Ceres Eve birth, nor of the fact that her mother is full Ceres Eve.
Report Spam   Logged

Zarean
enasnI naeraZ
Esteemed Members
Resident

« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2009, 12:32:15 am »

(Tyren, Accepted.)

The Buried Library of Nienna

Young Prince Kaisa wandered the crowded market street of a small Elven village. The villagers were hurrying through their daily routines, Elves and Humans alike bustling about to collect the days fresh sale or cheapest bargain. It was an entertaining event in Kaisa’s eyes. He had been raised in the royal household of Naessi where the head servant did the shopping; this was his first time in a market as a ‘regular civilian’. The truth of the matter was, Kaisa had abandoned Egae and his nation three days after his Father’s passing. Leaving no note behind, he had left his homeland under the rule of the Vizier Council. A week had past since his disappearance, and his travels had taken him across the border between Egae and their once enemies, The Elven Kingdom Ayori’Han. Kaisa felt a strangeness being here as wandering traveler.

Unbeknown to Kaisa, however, he did not appear to be the usual traveler. To hide his horns and face, Kaisa had brought with him a long black cloak. He deterred this to be disguise enough, and many travelers wore them. It was in his naivety that he did not notice the difference between his garment and that of the typically voyager. Kaisa wore a Cloak of the highest quality, woven by talent Elven hands. The black shroud was fine as silk, and the fabric held a distinctive sheen. Enchantments had been etched into the weave, leaving the material light and fine as silk yet tough as a leather hide and impossible to soil. The button and latch that bound it closed at his throat was carved from Dragon bone and encrusted with a single blood ruby. And without even thinking of it, Kaisa had refrained from removing any of the gold jewelry that decorated his body. This faulty disguise was enough to label him as a ‘run away noble’.

He carried with him the pole-arm he had robbed from his Father’s Treasury, The Elven most lance that had been a gift of peace between the two nations. The stainless silver blade was concealed beneath a leather pouch he had tied over it.  Having brought the weapon along, Kaisa felt himself prepared for what journey he had ahead of him.

“You must seek the Ceres…” Mumbling to himself, Kaisa wandered the Elven streets. That had been his father’s final words to him, but the young heir had no knowledge of where to begin looking. The Ceres had all disappeared hundreds of thousands of years ago, and he had found but little reference to them in the library of his home. He wondered if perhaps the Elves would have a better collection. They were a highly traditional people, and valued education and knowledge, so surely they would have older records then Egae.

That assumption is what led him to the Ayori’Han nation. During the Hanma wars he had heard of a great library in the mountain side city of Nienna. It was famous for its tomes and history. First of all, Kaisa would require information.

He headed down the market street quickly and silently, his hood drawn low over his brow to hide his horns. There was a tavern further down the street, a watering hole and gathering place of those who travel often and move from place to place, surely where Kaisa could attain the necessary information. Entering the tavern, Kaisa headed up to the front table, laying his lance upon the counter. The man that tended the bar looked up, his facial features distinctly Elven. His dirty brown hair was short and cropped around his ears, and he wore a dirty apron over top of a plain brown tunic.

“How can I help you, mate?” The barkeep asked, sounding friendly enough. He must have been used to many varieties of men entering his establishment.

“I need information.” Kaisa said, looking the elf in the face. “And you had best not waste my time.” The elf was put off by Kaisa’s harsh demeanor.

“Aye, aye. What be you needing to know?”

“Directions to the City, Nienna, and the conditions of travel.”

“Nienna?” The barkeep’s brow raised and he took out a mug, starting to wipe it clean. “Why would a young man like you be needing with those old ruins?”

Kaisa cursed under his breath. “Ruins? What has happened to the city? Is the library still intact?!”

“Well, I don’t know about the Library, mate, but the city was buried under a land slide neigh more then seven years ago. Happened ‘bout the same time as the end of the War, I reckon.”

Kaisa was growing angry, the city and the library he had needed to go too had been destroyed by a rock slide. And who knows how much farther he would have to travel to find a library with that prestigious reputation. With a growl he snatched the spear from the counter and spun to leave, though the Bar tender quickly called his attention.

“Hold on a minute there, mate. There was a traveler who had passed through here not too long ago, he’d come from Nienna himself. Says that he found an entrance into the city through the rocks. Says parts of it were still intact, built with enchanted stone. Maybe this Library you’re looking for is too.”

Kaisa’s mood changed, and he turned back to the bar keep.

“Is this so? How much did he see?”

“Not too much, I’m afraid. Apparently some dangerous wild animals have made the city their home, scared the man right out before he got all of twenty feet in. I’d be careful if you plan on looking for some books, mate. But if you wish, I’ll draw you up a map to the town. You don’t look like you’re from around here.” With a generous smile the elf headed into the back to fetch some parchment, leaving Kaisa at the front counter. A cheer had broken out in a far corner of the tavern, a table of drunks singing out of tune as a pretty drink server had delivered them their second rounds.

Kaisa was growing impatient as he suffered through the horrid singing, waiting on the kind elf. Impatience paid off, and the man returned soon enough, spreading a scroll out across the counter and taking up an quill and pot of ink.

“Listen here, mate, there’s a road just outside the city. Travel up it for three days, and you’ll come up to the Forest right here, see? Now, the roads fork here, so listen carefully now, you want to be taking the left path through the woods. Travel fast; don’t spend the night in the woods if you can help it. Once you’re out of the forest you should see the mountains, and just follow the road out, and you’ll find what you’re looking for. I suggest you find yourself some traveling companions, it could be dangerous alone.”

“I won’t need any.” Kaisa took the drawn out map as the man finished it, rolling it up and tucking it inside his cloak. He awkwardly thanked the bar tender, then turned to leave the tavern before the next drunken outburst. He left the tavern quickly, holding his Lance close. “There are wild animals living there, huh? That won’t be a problem.” With all of his possessions on hand, Kaisa headed towards the exit of the village, on his way to Nienna.

(Alright, this is the beginning of the Adventure. Currently, everyone should get their footing in the story, and I’ll be setting up two quests for people to choose to participate in. This will be a way to get the characters to interact and get the role-play going. Choose which ever Quest you want, for whatever reason your character would go on it.

1st Quest: The Buried Library of Nienna.

In the Elven Kingdom of Ayori’Han, there is a mountain side town of Nienna which was famous for its prestigious library and tomes of ancient magic and histories. The city had many temples and collections of ancient artifacts. However, the entire town was buried under a land slide because of the Hanma wars.

The entire city wasn’t destroyed, some of the buildings were preserved due to Elven magic, but it became inaccessible. Recently, one of the boulders blocking the town had broken apart, leaving a small entrance into the underground city. Since then the city has become home to wild, dangerous animals.

If the promise of lost knowledge and old ancient artifacts are enough to lure you, then join this quest.

2nd Quest: The Noble’s Daughter and the Town of Rhest

The Large Human city of Rhest, on the borders of the Fairies land, has been plagued by thieves. Children of all races have been getting kidnapped and sold as slaves and servants to foreign nations. This has been happening for the last months, and the town believes a local gang of thugs has been behind it, though the location of their hide out is unknown.

Recently the Noble Draconian house of S’verin has visited the town of Rhest. However, during their stay their youngest daughter, Nan, still just a fledgling and too young to shapeshift, was abducted. The town blames the thieves who sell the children into slavery. The Noble Family is devastated by her disappearance, and are offering money for her safe return. Word has traveled far about, many notices going up in Taverns and Guilds across the Nation.

However, Nan is not the only child who has been abducted from this town. Many families, most too poor to pay for help, are mourning the loss of their young.  It seems the thieves will not stop unless forced too.

For those who look for money, the House of S’verin offer a great reward for the return of their daughter. This is also a quest for those with the drive to help people, and put an end to the terrorizing of the town of Rhest.

Please choose a quest that suits you. If neither of these are too your fancy, feel free to submit an alternative Quest to me via PM, and I’ll consider adding it.

If you choose A quest, please put it at the top of your post in Bold.)
Report Spam   Logged

~Banner by Moi~

Wanna Fight?
America
And I'll be the hero!
Resident

Alfred/America [Hetalia: Axis Powers]

Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter Level 4 Level 3
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2009, 12:53:33 pm »

((Let’s go with Quest A, since that makes more sense for my characters.))

Sirius walked through the elaborate halls of his uncle’s estate with a pleasant expression on his face.  He casually greeted the servants as they passed him by, who gave him small bows before going back to their work.  The young Elvin heir was always on good terms with the servants, which was wonderful since it usually spared him from their wrathful distaste of any guest who slights them.

And the halls never cease to amaze me.  He thought with a small smile.  His uncle’s halls had a way of changing its appearance every day.  Yesterday, the halls were all seemingly made of pure star sapphire with intricate geometric designs etched everywhere on the surface.  On that day, it was a beautiful, pale aquamarine with playful naiads, vengeful waves, flirting undines, and stampedes of water horses and hippocampi.  Uncle Talon’s illusory magic was always a grand sight to see, which was why he was so popular in the Ayori’Han region.

Sirius stopped outside of the teak door leading to his uncle’s chambers.  Even the door designs changed from day to day, but they always matched the halls.  The sea serpents and krakens etched on the door were so incredibly life-like that some of the servants hesitated when going into a room.  Sirius was used to the elaborate etchings and immediately opened the door.

“Uncle Tal?” he called into the room.  It was a very spacious room, as was the norm with any noble’s room.  The different sections were separated by fine mist, but it was just another illusion of his uncle’s.  Still, there was a moist smell in the air and it felt as though it would rain any second.

“I’m coming, I’m coming!  Hold your water horses, Sirius!” a man’s voice chuckled at the pun while Sirius rolled his eyes.  Uncle Talon loved to make jokes and most were lame.  The older Elf exited his bedchamber with enough flourish to make a bard jealous.

He was over 600 years and yet he still looked 20.  Talon had acquired most of the Wild Elf genes than his sister, who happened to be Sirius’ mother.  He was rather on the short side with mud-brown hair that changed styles as often as everything else in the household.  His emerald eyes had a mischievous and feral glint to them.  Talon’s skin was a dark brown and he had a stocky build to him.  There was little resemblance between him and Andromeda, except in personality.

“What do ya need, Little Dog?” Talon asked as he leaned against the doorframe leading to his bedchamber.  Sirius didn’t mind the nickname, though he wished his uncle didn’t use it so much.

“I’d like to see if the Nienna Library is still intact,” he replied, bracing himself for whatever came next.  Uncle Talon narrowed his eyes.

“Now, why do you want to go there?”

“All of that knowledge held in that Library shouldn’t rot away like that.  Plus, there are some books there that you can’t find anywhere else!  I’ll bring Camille with me and maybe I can find someone else to help escort me,” Sirius held his breath as Talon considered his words.  The Wild Elf sighed.

“Oh, all right.  You know the way and Little Fox can be trusted with most things, you especially,” Talon waved away any gratitude before it spilled from Sirius’ lips.  He also made a shooing motion.  Sirius took the hint and left his uncle’s chambers, eagerly anticipating Camille’s reaction.

“You’re serious, aren’t you?” Camille asked incredulously as the young heir packed their bags.  Sirius couldn’t help it.  He just HAD to make a pun.

“Of course I’m Sirius!  That’s why Uncle Talon gave me the nickname Little Dog,” Sirius’ Fairy friend rolled his eyes and sighed heavily.  He knew that Cam was worried for his (Sirius’) life.  Cam was still young by Fairy standards and didn’t have the experience befitted a child from the House of Nuit.  He always worried that he wasn’t up to the important job of protecting an heir to the Elvin throne.

“Anyway, we’re going to Nienna.  It’s got the best library around and there are some things I truly need to look up.  The books I need are only found in the Nienna Library, so don’t suggest Ayori’Han’s local library,” he finished packing enough things to last them for two weeks.  Sirius and Camille liked to pack some extra supplies for just-in-case situations.  The young Elvin heir smiled serenely and Camille sighed, caving in.

“All right, but don’t forget to bring your sword this time!” Sirius laughed at that remark, remembering all too clearly the one time he had forgotten his sword and had to use a butter knife to defend himself from a wanna-be assassin.  The two took up their packs and left the estate, meandering into town dressed like merchants than nobility.

And that’s the way to dress when leaving home.  He thought, remembering Cam’s words about proper dress.  Still, it was nice to go about town as a commoner instead of as a noble.  No stiff procedures to things, just plain mannerisms.  It was refreshing to the both of them.

((And I’ll run into everyone on the road. XD))
Report Spam   Logged

"To love someone... It is not to shut one's eyes to the other, nor to block one's ears to the truth... To love one another... Is to walk through life together... Open your eyes, open your ears... Look at each other... and together seek the best path for the both of you." -Endrance, .hack//G.U. Reminisce

*Didn't draw the icon.  I don't know who did, but they're amazing and they deserve the credit.
Hashihime
Wrow it's been ages
Veteran

It's a Bibliophile

Level 5 Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2009, 09:55:27 pm »

((Quest A))

Snow wrapped her ratty dark blue cloak around her, hiding her long wings underneath it as she walked through the crowded streets of the small Elven village.  She knew that the cloak was meant for winter use only, but she never bothered to exchange it.  She had lived in the Fairyland’s mountains and winter fairies usually only traveled during their season, so she didn’t own anything that wasn’t for winter use. 

She knew her appearance would stick out even if she had tried to use normal traveling gear.  A blue-haired winter fairy out of her season sticks out like a sore thumb in most villages, so she didn’t see the point of trying to hide in a crowd in this one.  She was traveling light, earning some money and buying supplies along her travels.

She nibbled on her lollipop, moving the small sweet treat from side to side in her mouth as she wandered from store to store, looking for anything that could help her while she was on the road.  Hm… no strong cooling charms around here...  Her button charms were working for the moment, but she didn’t know how long they’d last.  She had been traveling for awhile, and she had trouble in a couple heat flashes. She would have to be more careful if she wanted to stay on the road without becoming too injured or sick to travel. 

She leaned over a table with small charms and trinkets outside a magic shop, which was obviously trying to find more customers.  The owner, a young looking blonde-haired elf who was sitting outside, smiled at her.  “What’s a pretty winter creature like you doing all the way down here, especially when it’s not winter?”

Her icy blue eyes glanced over at him.  “None of your business…”

He chuckled.  “Not very friendly, now are we?” 

She didn’t return his good mood, and simply returned to flipping through the charms.  Finally giving up, she turned to him.  “Do you have any temperature controlling charms?  Ones that keep the user’s core temperature stable?”

He chuckled.  “Nope, sorry. We don’t get many creatures around here that need those kinds of charms.  You look like you already have a couple on you.  If they’re doing fine in this heat, then what in the world could you need more charms for?  It’s not like you’re going underground, or going to explore the Nienna library ruins…” He chuckled again, but his last bit caught her attention.

“The what ruins?”

“The Buried Library of Nienna. It had a large amount of ancient writings and knowledge.  The town got covered by a landslide a few years back, and once they started trying to dig it out, dangerous creatures started living inside the tunnels.  It’s not something a fine lady like yourself would be interested.”

Snows eyes had a mischievous look in them, and the area around her cooled off.  If an Elven library filled with ancient tomes was still intact nearby, then maybe it would have some information on the Seasonal Embodiments, or other secrets of her title. 

“I’m sturdier than I look.  Where are the Nienna ruins, and how do I get there?”

“Just take the path outside of this town through the woods.  It’s about a 3 days walk through. Once you get to the mountains, follow the path, and the ruins should be right along the edge.  But you can’t be serious about going there.” 

The elf looked at her unbelievingly, clearly viewing her as something that shouldn’t be put in dangerous situations.  She smiled a cold but hearty smile, and tossed him a completely frozen couple of coins as proof of her abilities.  “Very serious. Thanks for the information.” She nodded, heading off towards the edge of town where he pointed.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum