Aisenfield
April 20, 2024, 04:45:11 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Every Friday is Hug a Hobo Day!

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Xero

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Xero  (Read 4724 times)
everkitsune
Fish out of water
Resident

Avatar is temporary until I make something new...

Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter Level 3 Level 2
« Reply #105 on: July 08, 2009, 10:42:11 am »

((sorry if this is too soon for Lin to wake up for everyone (I was going to wait until the next day to be sure), but this is ridiculously not moving forward so maybe waking him up can jump start this baby.))

Like a crack appearing on the surface of a frozen lake, the darkness surrounding Lin started to dissipate. It started slowly, a little prick of awareness that spread like rippling water. Soon, he returned to consciousness. His finger twitched - the slightest sign that he was awake.

For a moment, he just laid there – drifting between awareness and consciousness for a few minutes, trying to find his bearings. Trying to remember why he was here. And then, suddenly. Like a flood, he remembered the attack, the quest, everything. Team Xero, all the faces of the men and woman – teammates he still had to remember.

He shot awake, gasping. His eyes flew open, his fingers groped in the dark. He sad up too abruptly and he yelped, falling back against the hard stone of the cave. He cringed, bringing a hand to his wound. It was almost healed. He checked his other wounds. As were they. All that was left was slight damage that would fade. It only hurt because his muscles were bruised and strained.

He looked up, straining his eyes in the darkness as he tried to look for any sign of his sister. “Jie Yu?” He called, voice tinged with worry. ”Mei mei?” Little sister, he called. He wanted to stand. Had to make sure that nothing bad had happened.

He slid forward, leaning against the wall as he stood – standing slowly to dispel any dizziness. He looked at the faces of the others, one after another, all sleeping, the wounded…he stopped.
His sister wasn’t there.

Panic filled him, and he shook one of the sleeping group members awake. “My sister,” he said in stilted English, language the last thing on his mind right now. “Where?”
Report Spam   Logged

Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart. -Confucious

Claimed by Yeonah and claims her back. GTFO |<

Active RolePlays
Xero (hiatus)
Ceres Eve (ongoing)
Nature_Dragon_Vivi
Queen of the Dragons
Resident

Happy Emo Chick

Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #106 on: July 08, 2009, 04:26:30 pm »

"Baby, come on, wake up..." Audrey whispered. The room was dimmly lit, the only source of light was from the light streaming through the crack in the curtians. The window was blowing cool air in from the salty sea just a mile or two from the bay house. She was laying on their bed ontop of the covers where she was but ten minutes ago in His arms, snuggled close to keep herself warm.
"Hun, come on, you need to get up. I made breakfast and everything." She stroked the side of his face and he turned to face her.
"Give me five more minutes Love." Audrey smiled at his childlike nature and kissed him on the cheek before leaving him.

She stood out on the deck with a cup of coffee in her hands, still in her pajamas with a light blanket drapped around her shoulders, just stairing out across the bay; admiring the sun rising slowly, just like the man inside her home- their home. She didn't hear the door click or his feet shuffle across the wooden deck, but she felt an arm wrap around her waist and a warm hand fall on top of her head. And she smiled at this.
"Good morning love." He said is a soft voice, it wasn't too deep, but it wasn't boyish.
"Good morning love," She replied just as sweetly. "Did you sleep well?"
"With you in my arms I don't see how I couldn't."

This was almost every morning Audrey. No matter where they were living, that was their waking moments of everyday for 3 years. But a voice slowly pulled her out of her magnificant dream on her lost lover, back into the dank cave.

It was Lin. We woke up. And for some reason she was filled his happiness. Then Audrey realized that he had yelped in pain, and he was calling for Jie Yu.

"Lin, your sister is taking watch, she's jusst fine, I took care of her myself earlier. Don't worry. Please don't try to move so quickly, you tore a lot of muscle, just ask me if you need anything." She didn't speak too quickly, but she wasn't talking slowly like people do when they think the one listening doesn't understand them. She knew he understood her fairly well.

"Just try to take it easy for a while." He seemed to calm down after hearing that his sister was fine, but Audrey needed him to worry about himself for a while, they couldn't lose another man on this mission.
Report Spam   Logged

I dont need a reset button, if I fail once thats it, I don't need to do it again.
"When I was your age, Pluto was a planet, and there were only 150 pokemon."
I have a curse for you all.... may all your bacon burn. =P

I Nature_Dragon_Vivi here by claim the following characters:
Zelda And her alter ego Sheik, Midna, Samus, Ike, Marth, Yoshi, Kalas (Baten Kaitos), All Characters from TALES OF SYMPHONNIA and SKIES OF ARCADIA. Of course I must state that I am indeed unclaimable.
XeroZega
Grim Reaper
Overlord

Aisenfielder #7: Lord of Lightining.

Windows User Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Search
« Reply #107 on: July 08, 2009, 07:10:32 pm »

Zack nodded, listening as everyone offered to help stand watch. "Look, we don't need everybody right away. Jie Yu, you can tend to your brother for now. You won't have to keep watch until later. Your night vision will be more useful during the darkest part of the night, around one or so in the morning. Lynee and myself will take the first watch. At around two or so when it becomes so dark that we can't through whatever fatigue may be suffering, the next watch will start. Jie Yu and Moses will be the duo then. When the sun begins to rise, that watch will end and Shiloh and Aderyn are up. Shiloh and Aderyn, I want you two to be up then in order to search for any animals as it's a good time to do so. Bring the animals back so Alex can use their aura to heal anyone who is still injured and to replinish his own aura," Zack explained to the group who just stood there, taking in what he said.

"Alright, go get some sleep," Zack told the others after taking a minute to make sure they all knew the plan. "I have the watch that I packed in my bag so we'll come wake you guys up when it's time for your watch," Zack told Lorenzo and Jie Yu. They both nodded, showing that they understood. After everyone turned to head back into the cave, Zack turned to Lynee. "We're going to go out about a mile away from the cave. This way we have space away from the cave just in case more demons do decide to attack. At this distance, they may not notice the others in the cave and this way none of the others will get hurt if we do wind up in a battle."

After explaining this, Zack began to walk away from the cave, pausing for a moment in order for Lynee to follow.

================================
((Blah that was terrible, imo))
Report Spam   Logged

This member has been declared amazingly awesome.
everkitsune
Fish out of water
Resident

Avatar is temporary until I make something new...

Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter Level 3 Level 2
« Reply #108 on: July 09, 2009, 09:03:21 pm »

The woman Lin had taken ahold of – Audrey, or so he believed – told him that his sister was fine, but his sister must have  been wounded somehow if she had to be “taken care of”. Lin nodded at the woman. “Thank you,” he replied, looking towards the mouth of the cave.

Mind made up, Zhou Lin left Audrey, moving urgently over the cave rocks and the slumbering bodies of the party. He counted the bodies, and besides his sister there were other ones missing. Wondering what happened to them, but shoving the thought to the back of his mind, he slid down over the rocks, sighing when he saw his sister, her long hair swaying slightly from the breeze of outside.

She was all he had left in this world. As a son, he had failed to protect his parents. Now all he could do was his best to fulfill his duty as an older brother and a member of this team. For the good of all, for his fellow men, to make the family he had lost proud.

He slipped next to his sister, gently touching her on the shoulder. “Jie Yu,” he called, his voice full of relief. “Are you all right?” He asked, her safety number one. She looked okay, but in the darkness it was hard to tell. He did not have the power to see in the dark like she did.

((sorry guys, I kind of jumped the gun a bit.))
Report Spam   Logged

Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart. -Confucious

Claimed by Yeonah and claims her back. GTFO |<

Active RolePlays
Xero (hiatus)
Ceres Eve (ongoing)
Rabid Ninja Sapphire
:)
Resident

Domination. B)

Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #109 on: July 09, 2009, 11:15:11 pm »

"Look, we don't need everybody right away. Jie Yu, you can tend to your brother for now. You won't have to keep watch until later. Your night vision will be more useful during the darkest part of the night, around one or so in the morning. Lynee and myself will take the first watch. At around two or so when it becomes so dark that we can't through whatever fatigue may be suffering, the next watch will start. Jie Yu and Moses will be the duo then. When the sun begins to rise, that watch will end and Shiloh and Aderyn are up. Shiloh and Aderyn, I want you two to be up then in order to search for any animals as it's a good time to do so. Bring the animals back so Alex can use their aura to heal anyone who is still injured and to replenish his own aura."

Shiloh nodded to his leader, glancing at the somewhat awakened Lin. Hope he'll heal up soon, he's one of the main strengths of our team. Shiloh scanned the darkened cave, looking for an “okay” place to sleep. After lying down near an only slightly comfortable sport, he shut his eyes, falling asleep quicker than he thought.

((I'll edit this tomorrow with Shiloh's dream.. maybe. xD))
Report Spam   Logged

A series of KH quotes:

"There. To the door. Why, are you scared?" - Sora, KH:RE:COM
"Give me one hell of a show!" - Axel, KH:COM (GBA version, replaced in English version of RE:COM)
"THE MOLE! IT BURNS! GAHH!" - A friend in RL upon trying to fight Ursula for me.
STARMAN15
Resident

Level 5 Level 4 Apple User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #110 on: July 13, 2009, 11:40:05 am »

Alex nodded, accepting the fact that he didn’t have to do any watches tonight. He understood that Zack felt like he needed to take a watch as leader, but Alex wasn’t so sure it was a good idea after seeing how exhausted he was when he was healing him. He just shrugged it off, and found a corner to lie down in. Once again he allowed his empathy to reach to those sleeping around him. If nothing else he might at least keep them from having nightmares. He wrapped each of his teammates that was bedded down in a blanket of calm, trying to relax them enough for them to get a restful sleep. After today, it was more important than ever that they get as much rest as possible to build their strength back up. 

Alex rolled onto his side when he remembered Michael’s gifts. He felt so stupid! The blackberry that Michael had tricked out was able to switch to heat sensing would be perfect for those on watch at later times. He glanced around and saw Shiloh about to go to bed. “Shiloh, I have something for you. This Blackberry was specially made by a technopath at the refuge. The camera is now a heat-sensing camera. Use it when you go on watch, it’ll help you find the animals I need.” Alex handed over the gift and then made his was back to lie down. He pulled on his iPod and switched it on to his favorite sleep playlist. Closing his still brightly shining eyes, he let himself drift off to sleep.
Report Spam   Logged

Please click me to help me grow!!!!!
Mightymike
Mightymike
Resident

I'm baaaaack

Apple User Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #111 on: July 14, 2009, 04:11:32 pm »

Moses returned back in the cave after being ignored. Zack was nodding and listening to everyone who wished to help watch. Zack nodded, listening as everyone offered to help stand watch. After explaining who would stand watch, Moses understood and sat back laying his head on his bag and shutting his eyes so he could rest. Well aware that Zack would come wake him up for the next watch. Moses quickly fell asleep to dream of an emotional homecoming. Like most, he wished the world could return how it was originally.  Taking all he had for granted, he had a deep regret scarred on his heart.  At least everybody would be vigorous with the healer around, for now. For the time being Moses looked forward to restoring a voluminous amount of rest. He was still a bit tired. Although he had a limit of rest, he would recover it slowly in a glean process.

((Not much to do at this point. I’ll just post when you wake him up then.)
Report Spam   Logged

The difference between someone who *thinks* they're superior and the one who *knows*, is that the one who *knows* remains humble and respectful. The one who *thinks* goes out of their way to appear superior.

CHALLENGE ME!

Roleplays Active In:
Doru
The Muffin Man
Elite

Bang!

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts
« Reply #112 on: July 17, 2009, 01:41:25 pm »

As Lorenzo layed there inside the caves floor he quickly fell asleep. In his dream he saw the world as it once was before any of the monsters had came and attacked. He stood there behind a counter, as he worked at a Flying J (Gas Station). "Morning there, I'd like twnety on number four" said a man who had come up to the counter. "Alright then, here's your receipt" Lorenzo said as he took the mans twenty dollar bill and put it in the register while having the gas pump at stall four pump enough gas that twenty could get there. "Thanks", said the man as he walked out towards his vehicle. "Something doesn't feel right" Lorenzo thought to himself as he walked around restocking items to the shelves. Everything stayed somewhat the same as Lorenzo worked for what seemed like hours, "Well finally time to clock out, see ya Jill" he said as he headed for the door. As soon as he opened the door he saw everything destroyed and in ruin before turning back and seeing the station in ruin aswell. "Guess I won't be seeing you"

((Sorry if it's short, just wanted to post something so I wouldn't be left behind or something. This is all I could think of and pretty much all he can do until he wakes up))
Report Spam   Logged
YeonAh
Wielder of the Sledgehammer
Greenhorn

Keladry Revived - Enter YeonAh!

Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter Poll Voter Level 3
« Reply #113 on: July 21, 2009, 11:57:02 am »

Jie Yu had been unable to fall asleep, despite not being needed for watch yet.  Curled up with her knees tucked under her chin, she watched what was going on through golden, cat-like eyes.  The fire hurt her eyes while her night-vision was activated, but she could ignore it.  What if they were attacked again?  What if more were killed?  They might not even make it to their destination.  She hadn't imagined it would all go downhill so fast.

And Lin...

A presence beside her made the asian girl jump, whirling around.  Her eyes focused on Lin's face, still lined with pain, but awake.  He was awake.  A shaky smile formed on her lips.  "I'm fine.  You're alright, ge?"  She whispered, reaching out to twine her fingers through the remains of his shirt.  "You were badly hurt...  You should rest more,"  she said quietly, searching Lin's eyes for any sign of exhaustion, of pain.  "Rest, we're not going anywhere for a while,"  She said softly.

Looking away, she let her eyes fade back to their normal blue, looking at the fire. "Xavier was killed, ge,"  She whispered.  "His soul was eaten."

(( I had this post written down in Word and forgot I hadn't posted it...  *headdesk*  Don't mind me ))
Report Spam   Logged

Memory is a way of holding onto the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose.

Claims and claimed by Everkitsune.  Better watch it, we're a possessive bunch >D

Current Roleplays
Xero
Ceres Eve
Thinking up a Pokémon RPG.  Suggestions?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum