Aisenfield
March 28, 2024, 08:26:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Roll the dice to see if I'm getting drunk!

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Voice Actors: Anime

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Voice Actors: Anime  (Read 1119 times)
America
And I'll be the hero!
Resident

Alfred/America [Hetalia: Axis Powers]

Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter Level 4 Level 3
« on: May 24, 2009, 02:54:56 pm »

A general voice actor thread.  You can talk about your favorites, something surprising about them, etc, etc.  Best to name the VA you're talking about and a couple characters they play in () so that we understand who you're talking about. Smiley

So...yeah.  I've got four fave VA's.  Two of them are new, though.

1. Vic Mignogna (sp?!) (Dark from D.N.Angel, Ed from Fullmetal Alchemist, Junpei from Persona 3 (a game with anime cutscenes.  I think it should be both, along with Tales of...series))
He's just...awesome. D: He sings, he's a really funny Ed Elric, and he seems like a really great guy.

2. Mona Marshall (Izzy from Digimon, Wolfram from Kyou Kara Maoh, Kite from .hack//)
Can't help this one.  Most of the characters she plays happen to be some of my favorites. ^^;

3. Yuri Lowenthal (Sasuke from Naruto, Minato/Pharos/Ryoji from Persona 3, Haseo from .hack//G.U.)
Minus Sasuke, I love the characters mentioned above. :3 I didn't know he played three characters at once 'cause they don't even SOUND similar. ^^; I had to look it up in order to find this out.  Still, I love him as a VA and that's the only thing about Sasuke I like. :/

4. Liam O'Brien (Akihiko from Persona 3, Dist and Cumore from Tales of...series, Endrance from .hack//G.U., Gaara from Naruto)
He's just...awesome. @_@ I loved him when he played as Endrance, Dist was funny, Cumore annoyed the hell out of me (but I can so see him playing that part lol), and Gaara is one of the only characters I like out of Naruto.  As far as Akihiko goes...I'm still getting my mind to wrap around the concept of Endrance = Akihiko. *dies*

So...how about you guys?  Any surprising revelations about who your favorite VA plays as?
Report Spam   Logged

"To love someone... It is not to shut one's eyes to the other, nor to block one's ears to the truth... To love one another... Is to walk through life together... Open your eyes, open your ears... Look at each other... and together seek the best path for the both of you." -Endrance, .hack//G.U. Reminisce

*Didn't draw the icon.  I don't know who did, but they're amazing and they deserve the credit.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Psycho French Horn Almighty God of Soccer Tennis Bugler
Banned Member
Warned Members
Elite

Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 02:59:45 pm »

I pretty much liked all the voice acting of Digimon Season 1. Don't ask me who they are.
Report Spam   Logged

This member has been permanently banned from Aisenfield.
America
And I'll be the hero!
Resident

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 03:06:27 pm »

Too lazy to look them up? XD
Report Spam   Logged

"To love someone... It is not to shut one's eyes to the other, nor to block one's ears to the truth... To love one another... Is to walk through life together... Open your eyes, open your ears... Look at each other... and together seek the best path for the both of you." -Endrance, .hack//G.U. Reminisce

*Didn't draw the icon.  I don't know who did, but they're amazing and they deserve the credit.
Banned Member
Warned Members
Elite

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 04:31:44 pm »

Too lazy to look them up? XD
Yeah, pretty much. Season 2 wasn't that bad... except for Cody. I wanted shoot that voice actit in the face.
Report Spam   Logged

CM
ovelrord
Resident

Search Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Linux User
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2009, 11:51:02 pm »

SAAAAAAAAAANDYYYYYYYYYY FOOOOOOOOOX

[Edit] Fixed the first link. To hell with you, Creative Uncut!
Report Spam   Logged

pıɐs ǝɥs 'ɟɹɐ

suıɐɯop ʇuǝıqɯɐ ʎןɥbıɥ ɹǝɥʇo puɐ ǝɔuɐuosǝɹ ɔıʇɐɯoɹɥɔuɐd pǝssǝɹdǝp-ןɐpǝd uı ɹoıʌɐɥǝq uosɹǝd-ʇɹoɥs ɟo ǝɔuɐɔıɟıubıs ǝɥʇ pǝɹǝpuod 'uoıʇɐɔıɟıpoɯ ɹǝɥʇɹnɟ ǝuobɹǝpun buıʌɐɥ 'bop ɐ 'uʎןǝʌǝ
America
And I'll be the hero!
Resident

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2009, 09:35:01 am »

Mieu!  Yay! XD I loved that thing!

...Apparently, I forgot a VA. ._.;

Greg Ayres (sp?!) (Chrno from Chrno Crusade, Satoshi from D.N.Angel, Negi from Negima)
He's really good at playing kids and has an awesome British accent. *pokes Negi*
Report Spam   Logged

Banned Member
Warned Members
Elite

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2009, 07:32:50 pm »

The English dub of FMA was just amazing in general as well.
Report Spam   Logged

America
And I'll be the hero!
Resident

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2009, 03:59:41 pm »

Sonny (Hughes) was my absolute favorite in FMA. XD Other than Vic and Aaron (and Aaron's sacred bowl XD).

...How could I forget to add Armstrong and Roy to my favorites list? ^^;
Report Spam   Logged

Hashihime
Wrow it's been ages
Veteran

It's a Bibliophile

Level 5 Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2009, 12:26:01 am »

Geez... I had one chance to meet Vic when I went to Acen.. but by the time I figured out where he was, the lines were too long...
Report Spam   Logged

Doru
The Muffin Man
Elite

Bang!

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2009, 12:22:50 am »

I'd have to say these though I can't think of others at the moment so yeah

Dan Green (Yami-Yugi/Atem: Yugioh)
Rick Gomez (I think)(Zack Fair: FFVII)
Whoever voiced Rossiou(sp?)(Gurren Lagann)
Report Spam   Logged
Elize
FABULOUS
Resident

My personal text went missing...

Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2009, 09:54:46 pm »

Vic Mignogna (Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist, Dark from DN Angel, Fai from Tsubasa Chronicles, Zagi from Tales of Vesperia): He is my favorite out of every voice actor/actress. I was lucky enough to see him at Otakon 07. First time my friend and I tried, line was too long. Final day of the convention, first thing we did was wait in line for the dealers room and went straight to the Funimation booth. He's a really funny guy and I love the English version he sings for Brothers.

Umm.. I'll edit this later with other people? XD
Report Spam   Logged

America
And I'll be the hero!
Resident

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2009, 02:10:36 pm »

Vic Mignogna (Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist, Dark from DN Angel, Fai from Tsubasa Chronicles, Zagi from Tales of Vesperia): He is my favorite out of every voice actor/actress. I was lucky enough to see him at Otakon 07. First time my friend and I tried, line was too long. Final day of the convention, first thing we did was wait in line for the dealers room and went straight to the Funimation booth. He's a really funny guy and I love the English version he sings for Brothers.

Umm.. I'll edit this later with other people? XD
Then we are in agreement~. :3 I'd love to meet him. D: At least Travis is coming to Otakon this year~. :3 *is making him sign my Ed plushy XD*
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum