Aisenfield
March 28, 2024, 06:44:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mods > Gods; Administration Center > Olympus

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Generic X-Men based Story

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Generic X-Men based Story  (Read 771 times)
Psycho French Horn Almighty God of Soccer Tennis Bugler
Banned Member
Warned Members
Elite

Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter Poll Voter Level 4
« on: May 24, 2009, 03:06:28 am »

Chapter 1: Genesis

Oak Harbor, Washington:
   Light leaked out a door left slightly ajar into a hallway. Past the wooden barrier, was a teen asleep on his keyboard and headphones left over his ears with a faint buzz of what could almost be interpreted as music protruding from the sounds of the monitors and computers in his room; none of them were plugged into an outlet.
   His monitor flashed out of its screensaver which was a slideshow of his favorite bands in live performances or their album covers. On the screen was a notice in the bottom right corner of the screen alerting him of a new message.
   The teen’s eyes opened and his dark brown eyes looked through his glasses at the computer mouse a few inches away from his face. He grunted and lifted his head, brushing his long dark blonde hair out of his face to wipe his eyes of the notorious sleep residue before popping his thumbs as he reached for his mouse and clicked on the alert. Immediately, it directed him to a new window with an e-mail message displayed.
   David looked at it for a moment and blinked sporadically, trying to interpret it. He looked again and began to wonder who might have actually sent it.
   The only words in the message were: “David, we must speak.”
   David had no clue whose return address it was as it only read XXXXX and his hair stood up. No one ever tried to talk to him seeing as he was the weird kid at school. He clicked the reply button and typed in: “Who are you and what do you want?” and he pressed send.
   He waited only two seconds before another message alert appeared in the corner. Clicking it, there was a reply from the same person XXXXX reading: “You will learn who I am soon enough. Don’t worry.”
   David had no choice to wait now. He closed the window and stood up to get some water. As he left the room, everything turned off.

Bedford, Massachussets
   “Hanson, would you please pay attention!”
   A desk shuddered in the back of a class room where a student was sitting. He looked up at the balding middle-aged teacher who shouted at him and rubbed his forehead.
“Sorry, Mr. Jackson,” said the boy.
“Apologies, won’t cut it, Sam,” he nagged again. “As of now, you’re most likely failing this class and sleeping won’t exactly help.”
“I wasn’t sleeping, sir,” David retorted.
“If that’s the case, then come up here and show me that you know how to find the volume of this integral on the board,” Jackson barked at him. All eyes were fixed on Sam.
Sam pushed himself out of the desk and strode to the board past a triad of giggling girls, taking the marker from Jackson and began to solve the function, trying to remember pi to the most places as he could. After a quick 30 seconds of scribbling, Sam slammed the marker down onto the board and drifted back to his seat without a word to Mr. Jackson.
As Sam passed through the row back to his seat, he heard the scribbling of pencils flying across the paper throughout the room; everyone trying to get down Sam’s steps and work before Jackson found an excuse to find it flawed.
“Well, you found the answer alright, but your work is wrong,” Jackson began, erasing everything Sam wrote.
“Says you,” Sam muttered and he leaned back in his desk and popped his back, fingers and neck before craning around to see the clock. His final period was about to end before he could finally go home.
Riiing. Riiing.
   Everyone routinely stood up as they packed their books, notes and calculators away and left the hellish calculus room.
   “Dude, I never would have thought to make that my U function,” mentioned a student leaving the room with Sam.
   “I could have sworn you were asleep, Sam,” said a girl passing him.
   “I never sleep,” said Sam quietly so that no one could hear him.

Rapid City, South Dakota
   “Paper or plastic?” asked a girl with long brunette hair with the name Shanna on her name tag. She was standing at a cashier register in a store ringing up the bill for a particularly larger man.
   “Plastic’s fine,” he muttered and then whispered, “**** for brains working at a gas station. I bet I could get her in bed just fine.”
   Shanna stopped bagging and looked him dead in the face and the smirk was gone.
   “You heard that?” he asked, bewildered. “I whispered that!”
   “Yeah, I did hear it, now get out of this store now before my manager comes in,” she said.
   “Can you finish bagging my stuff first?” he asked. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean anything by it.”
   “That’s what they all say,” she spat as she slammed the rest of the man’s purchase into the bags and then slammed them down on the counter. “That’ll be $30.”
   The man fumbled through his wallet and handed her a $50 and he grabbed the bags and ran.
   “Do you want your change?” Shanna called out the door.
   “No, keep the change!” he yelled back. A car door slammed and his car reversed out of the parking lot and Shanna heard it drive off.
   She sighed, wondering when she’d be able to make use of her accounting degree instead of being a cashier at a lousy gas station.

San Diego, California:
   “Hey, Meng, let me see your work,” said a tall, burly teen wearing a letterman jacket with his hands on a desk belonging to a Chinese girl.
   “No, Dwayne, do it yourself,” she replied, scribbling some more notes onto a notebook.
   “Come on, just a little. I’ll make it up to you, Meng,” Dwayne added.
   The girl named Meng slammed her notebook shut and stared forward.
   “For starters, Dwayne, you could start calling me Xian-lun or if that’s too complicated, Xian will do just fine,” she hissed.
   “Ha. Don’t bet on it, chink,” Dwayne sniggered.
   “That’s it,” she yelled.
She jumped out of her chair and spun around and held her hands together in a strange fashion resembling a Naruto jutsu; her lips were twitching as if she was whispering something very fast.
   Everyone turned to her and Dwayne took a step forward to push her back down into her seat, but Xian’s hands flashed at his chest and he flew back towards the other side of the room, knocking a few of his friends over with him.
   Dwayne hit the wall and bounced to the floor. He pushed himself up to look at Xian, but she had left the room before he even hit the wall.

Chicago, Illinois
   A tall, gaunt man stood and gazed out at the city below him at a window of a luxurious apartment suite that loomed over Chicago with his hands folded behind his back.
   “Gabriel, I think it’s time for you to take responsibility in the Caprice family,” said a rounded balding man behind him sitting in a red leather arm chair.
   The man at the window turned around to face the man in the chair.
“Dad, I don’t want to run drugs and shoot people for the rest of my life,” Gabriel replied.
   “Son,” began the man, standing up and walking to the window to put his arm around Gabriel and used the other hand to point to the rest of the city, epicly. “This entire city could be yours someday.”
   “I’d prefer a city not corrupt with people like you,” Gabriel replied, pushing his father away.
   “I do this for the money and for you!” he shouted.
   “Gabriel!” shouted a new voice.
   A stately woman with hair tied eloquently up in a bun glided over to Gabriel and shook her finger at him.
   “Don’t you talk to your father like that,” she said in a stern voice.
   “But mom, he wants to control my future,” Gabriel argued. “It was you yourself not to let anyone tell me what to do.”
   She sighed. “Okay, I’ll give you that, but what you said was uncalled for,” she added.
   “So now you’re taking his side?!” yelled Gabriel’s father.
   “I’m not taking sides, Don,” she said.
   “Yes you are. It’ll be your fault if this family goes out of business,” Mr. Caprice yelled at her.
   “Leave her out of this!” Gabriel shouted.
   Mr. Caprice pulled out a pistol from his suit pocket and pointed it at Gabriel.
   “No son of mine shall betray me!” he spat and pulled the trigger as Mrs. Caprice jumped in the way. She landed on the Persian rug and blood began to spread out from her corpse.
   Gabriel screamed out in despair and put her arms around her mother. Gabriel wanted to be angry, but instead of rage, he felt pity; pity for his father and sadness for his mother. Gabriel picked her up and stroked her hair which had fallen from its bun. He was glad he got to love his mother just once and for that, he forgave his father.
   There was a sudden flash of bright light that resonated from Gabriel and her corpse and Gabriel then felt breath on his neck and a pulse in her neck.
He picked her up and put her down on the couch next to the window and faced his father.
“She’s breathing and has a pulse, but she’s unconscious and will probably stay that way for a while,” said Gabriel. He took the bullet and tossed to the floor at Mr. Caprice’s feet. “I suggest making a good excuse why there’s blood all over the mom and the floor and why your gun was just fired with your fingerprints all over it.”
Mr. Caprice was speechless and his face was ghostly white.
“What are you?” he whispered in fear.
“I’m calling an ambulance,” said Gabriel as he pulled a cell phone out of his pocket, not paying attention to his father. “She needs help.”
“Put that phone down!” Mr. Caprice shrieked.
Gabriel began to push buttons and then Mr. Caprice pulled the trigger again. A shot was fired, but it missed and cracked the window behind him. He shot four more and each shot missed Gabriel and the window shattered. Mr. Caprice ran at Gabriel screaming and pushed him out of the broken window. Gabriel plummeted downward and before he could stop himself, brilliant white wings sprouted from his back, tearing off his shirt and he soared away into the distance.

Detroit, Michigan
   “And the 100 meter dash is about to begin!” boomed the speakers around the stadium at a high school track meet.
   The sprinters took their marks on the coarse rubber track and contorted their bodies into their starting stance. The pistol went off and the sprinters exploded from their starting positions. Within the first second, the dark skinned Devante Newman was already three lengths ahead of the others. The seconds went by quickly and Devante, as usual, ripped the tape first.
   “And finishing first is senior Devante Newman with 9.94 seconds,” announced the speakers again.
   Devante walked away from the track and went to lay down next to his friends on the field, not even panting.
   “D-man, you need to start taking it seriously,” said Devante’s friend, Jill Roberts, who was putting her long red hair up into a bun.
   “I thought your hair was blonde this morning,” said Devante before addressing her question as he sat down.
“I changed it,” she said with a grin. “And don’t change the subject!” she snapped.
“What do you think that just was?” Devante asked, pointing at the track.
   “I’m just saying that you’ve been blessed with a gift and you should use it,” Jill added, putting her head back down on her boyfriend Jason’s chest.
   “I’m gonna have to agree with Jill on this one, Dev,” sighed Jason.
   “You’ve seen the crazy **** I can do,” said Devante. “If I try too hard and break Olympic records then people will start asking questions.”
   “Wouldn’t you like the fame?” Jason asked.
   “Only if I can do it fairly,” said Devante.
   “What your have on your side naturally is fair,” Jill urged. “Kind of like what I have.”
   “If you’re talking about that strange ability for you to change abilities based on the dream you had the night before, then I don’t want to hear anything about it,” Devante muttered.
   “I do,” said Jason with a smirk. “What kind of powers have you had?”
   “Well,” began Jill. “When I didn’t focus on something the night before, I’ve been able to have orgasms out of nowhere-that was fun, to shoot mind bullets, to change the proteins of my hair, have other people have orgasms-that was really fun, too. This list goes on.”
   “Dang,” said Devante. “I’m glad I don’t have to worry about that stuff. Can you prevent your periods?”
   “I did once, and everyone thought I was pregnant,” said Jill.
   “Oh, god. I remember that one,” Jason added. “That was hell, because everyone thought I knocked you up and we had only been dating for a few weeks.”
   “Haha, yeah my mom wanted to kill you,” Jill snickered. “Oh ****! My mile’s up.  Have fun, she said the hair tie fell out and her hair went back to being an inch long.”
   “She’s got to stop doing that,” said Devante. “Someone’s gonna notice one of these days.”
   “Ah well. I’ll just blast their asses with a convex ray,” said Jason, melting the guy’s shoes next to him with a laser beam from his finger tip.”
   “Dude!” hissed Devante. “Would you quit that?”
   “You’re so pissy,” said Jason. “I wonder if Jill’s periods went to you instead.”
   “Har, har,” Devante murmured. “Fricking idiot.”

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Basic concept. You get the picture. Okay, good.
Report Spam   Logged

This member has been permanently banned from Aisenfield.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Banned Member
Warned Members
Elite

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 03:24:53 am »

Chapter 2: Fight and Flight

Oak Harbor, Washington
“Did you hear about that guy in Chicago?” asked David’s acquaintance, Jerome, at lunch, who quickly slid into the bench at the table.
“What guy in Chicago?” said David, not looking up from his food.
“Apparently, this dude shoat his mother, and then the father pushed him out of their umpteenth story window. Get this. Then the guy says that his son grew wings and flew away and there were reported eye-witnesses of the event, too,” said Jerome in one long breath.
   “Probably an organized hoax,” said David, reading a book.
   “Wait. There’s more. The mother had blood all over her-her own blood, too-but didn’t have a single thing wrong with her. She was just in a coma for a little while,” said Jerome and then he leaned back in his chair, expecting someone to pretend to be impressed. No one at their table noticed.
   “Well?” he said again.
   “Like I said, probably a hoax,” said David again.
   “I think you’re wrong,” said Jerome.
   “About what?” David asked.
   “The **** that’s been going on lately,” Jerome told him, grabbing a stack of magazines from his man purse. “Honestly, I can feel something strange happening.”
   “We can all feel strange stuff happening, Jerome,” said David’s other friend, Shelby who was sitting a few seats down from David.
   “Yeah, well, I just have a knack for feeling strange ****,” Jerome spat quickly.
   “It’s kind of weird that you can determine and feel **** that is strange,” said Matt, Shelby’s boyfriend.
   Jerome sighed, heavily and angrily.
   “You guys suck!” he yelled and with that he got up and walked away.
   The table watched him walk out of the cafeteria before resuming with their meals.
   “What’s his problem?” David asked.
   “He just wants attention,” said Shelby.
   “It’s been that way since preschool,” said Matt. “Always making a big deal of random crap.”
   David noticed Shelby looking down.
   “You alright, Shel?” David asked, leaning forward to try to get a glimpse of her blue eyes. “You don’t look too good.”
   “It’s just that I saw a video of what he was talking about,” Shelby whispered. “It wasn’t released to the news and it was posted online instead.” She paused. “He seriously looked like an angel.”
   “Was his hair nicer than mine?” asked David, still eating his food without looking up.
   “I couldn’t tell, but his wings were gorgeous,” she replied, looking up dreamily as if wishing to look through the ceiling and see him flying above.
   “Sounds like a total queer,” giggled Matt.
   Ring. Ring.
   “Feck, that’s the bell,” said Shelby, grabbing her bags.
   “Dammit, I didn’t get to finish lunch again,” said David, boxing it up and slipping it into his backpack.
   “Eat faster,” said Matt, tossing his paper bag into the garbage like a basketball.
   “Pig,” David muttered.
   Then David’s phone rang in is right pocket. He remembered that he turned it off. He checked the number and it read XXXXXX. Hesitant, David flipped it open, pressed SEND and put it to his ear.
   “David, I know what you’re afraid of,” said a woman’s voice.
   “Who is this? Who are you?” David asked, as he left the cafeteria and walked towards his next classroom.
   “Who I am is not important,” she replied. “But for now, you can just call me Theta. I speak on behalf of the Ventriloquist.”
   “The who?” David asked, wondering who the hell she could be talking about.
   “The Ventriloquist,” said Theta. “He is our leader.”
   “What leader?” said David, a little confused. “What do you want from me?”
   “We don’t want anything from you,” she said. “It’s what you want from us.”
   “I have no idea who you are,” said David, and he flipped the phone shut. It rang again and answered itself on speaker.
   “I wouldn’t do that if I were you, David,” said Theta..
   “David, what the hell are you doing?!” hissed Shelby.
   David flipped open the phone and turned it off speaker.
   “Why do you keep trying to contact me?” said David.
   “Because later today, a group of revolutionaries will attempt to kidnap you,” said Theta. “This is a warning.”
   “What? Who?” David was speechless for a moment.
   “Mr. Ward, please put your cell phone away,” said the teacher at the front of the classroom.
   “Hold on a second, sir,” said David. “Okay, Theta. What is this?”
   “You realize what you are, correct?” she asked.
   “Yes, I’m a freak and can electrocute people,” said David.
   “People like you who have honed their abilities want your po-“
   Before David could finish talking to her, his teacher took the phone from his ear.
   “I’m sorry, but you’ll have to finish your conversation another time, Mr. Ward,” said the balding teacher.
   The phone rang again.
   “Bloody electronics,” he said as he turned it off.
   It rang again.
   “I swore I turned this off,” he said and he took out the battery.
   Then it rang again.
   “What the hell?” shrieked the teacher. Everyone’s head was turned to them. “David, is this one of those trick phones?”
   “No, sir,” said David.
   “I’ll just hold onto this, then. You can have it back at the end of class,” he said.
   The cell phone was in the desk ringing all period; something that no one got accustomed to. Just when everyone was starting to get used to the incessant ringing, it stopped just before class ended
   When the bell rang, David jumped up and ran to the front desk.
   “May I have my phone back?” he slurred quickly.
   “Yes, you may,” the teacher replied, afraid to touch it. “Come get this thing,” he said as he pulled the drawer out all the way.
   David reached across the desk and grabbed it out and without a word more, he ran out of the class room to his last class of the day. He pressed redial and through the ear piece came, “I’m sorry, the number you have dialed is not available. Please hang up and try your call again.”
   “****,” said David emphatically causing a freshman to out of the way.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Somewhere in the Montana Rockies
   “Did you get a hold of him, Jess?” asked a man sitting on a high chair.
   “Yes, Doctor McConley,” replied a woman with long red hair holding a cell phone next to him. “However, he was skeptical about what I was telling him.”
   The two were sitting in a circular room surrounded with computers on desks with about 16 chairs and four doors at each cardinal point on the circumference.
   “Get Newton, Samson and Wig up here. I’ll be sending them,” said Dr. McConley. “I don’t want them to get a hold of this one. Fortunately, they don’t know what he can do.”
   “Yes, Doctor,” replied Jess. She walked to a microphone hooked up to an intercom and spoke into it and her voice resonated around the room. “Samson, Paul, Jenna. Dr. McConley wants to see you.”
   She turned from the microphone and sat down in a swivel chair at one of the desks.
   “Do you think that he’ll be able to fend them off until they get there?” Jessica asked.
   “I hope so,” replied McConley. “I can tell even from this distance that he has a strong will.”
   “What about the others we’ve discovered?” he asked.
   “I don’t want to take them from their lives just yet,” he said, concerningly. “If they can live decent lives without exposing their powers, then good on them.”
   “I understand, Doctor,” said Jess. Just then, the door opened and in came two men and a woman.
   The first was a middle heighted man with a slight build with medium length light brown hair. The second was tall, very muscular and had long brown hair in a ponytail reaching down to his back with a bandana wrapped around his cranium. The woman was slender with a gaunt stately face and long dazzlingly white blonde hair extending down to knees.
   “What is it Doctor?” asked the first man, taking a seat in a chair and crossing his legs.
   “I need you three to go to Oak Harbor, Washington,” said McConley. “There, you’ll find a boy who has electric based abilities. However, I don’t know his full potential. He turned to the first man. “Newton, I’ll have you in charge of Samson and Wig.”
   The long-haired man snickered.
   “What is it, Samson?” asked McConley.
   “You can read my mind, Doctor,” he replied in a deep gruff voice. “You should be able to tell.”
   “Don’t test me,” McConley hissed.
   “Why not?” Samson retorted. “You test us all the time.”
   McConley smiled.
   “As usual, you speak to quickly,” said McConley. “Make haste. I fear your opposition is already on the move.”
   Samson hopped up.
   “Well what are we waiting for?” he asked. “Should we take the car or the jet?” he asked.
   “Use the jet,” said Jess. “I’ll control it from here.”
   Samson sighed. “I hate it when this happens.”
   “Hurry up,” urged McConley. “We can’t afford to lose this one.”
   “Gotcha, Doc,” said Newton, getting up. “I’ll let you know hot it goes, Jess.”
   “I’ll be able to hack into the security system so you won’t have to,” she said.
   “I feel sorry for the man you marry someday,” said Samson.
   Jess gaped at them as he ran out the door with Jenna and Newton right behind him.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Oak Harbor, Washington
   “Josh, would you quit looking at that surge protector and come here?” David yelled from down the aisle.
   He, Matt, Shelby and Josh were currently in Walmart just screwing around.
   “Just because you can somehow plug 100 electrical appliances into your room doesn’t mean you have to yell at me for being interested in a surge protector!” yelled the blonde person David shouted at.
   “Says you,” said David.
   “Check out this graphics card!” said Shelby.
   The other three rushed over to her and looked over her shoulder.
   “That’s sick,” said Matt.
   “Too bad it’s a hundred bucks,” said Josh.
   “I can get it for free,” said David.
   “What how?” Josh, Matt and Shelby asked together.
   “Just watch,” said David.
   He grabbed the graphics card and put into his sweatshirt pocket.
   “Dude, what are you doing?” said Matt.
   “Don’t worry,” said David with his hands up and slight smile. “I got this.”
   He walked through the rest of the store and towards the exit with Matt, Shelby and Josh right behind him. He nodded his head at a security guard who nodded back and he walked through the theft alarm and snapped his fingers; it going off. Once out of sight from the guard, he looked back at his friends and put his hands up with a smug. They didn’t seem excited at all. Instead, their faces were pale and looking at something above David’s head.
   “That was pretty slick, son,” said a smooth, cold voice behind him.
   David spun around and saw a tall man wearing a zoot suit, Al Capone style hat and a trench coat, flicking a zippo lighter open and shut; its flame was rather high.
   “Can I help you?” David asked.
   “Yes, you can come with me,” he said.
   “Sorry, my mom told me not to talk to strangers,” said David trying to walk past him, but he put his hand out and grabbed him by the shoulder.
   “Going somewhere?” he asked, while still flipping the Zippo on and off.
   “I don’t want your drugs,” said David, trying to shake away from the man’s hand.
   The man laughed. “You don’t quite understand. I don’t want to sell you drugs.”
   “Then let me go,” said David who began to pop his knuckles.
   “You’re coming with me, son, whether you like it or not,” he said.
   “I kind of have things to do so maybe some other time,” said David, trying to take another step.
   “We can either do this the easy way or the-“
   “Let him go,” said Shelby who appeared right in front of the man.
   “Or what?” he asked. “Is that a poor attempt at a threat?”
   “Let him go, dammit. He doesn’t want your **** drugs,” said Josh.
   “That’s more like it,” said the man. “But Mr. Ward and I have an engagement that I wouldn’t like to miss.” He turned around and dragged David by the shoulder with him.
   “That’s it!” said Matt. He ran at him and brought his hand back in a punch, but the man flipped around and from his Zippo came a thin flame that caught Matt’s jacket.
   David’s hands shot to the man’s fingers on his shoulder and he let loose all static build up in his body into the man who let go and jumped backward, swearing madly. David then jumped at Matt and threw him to the ground and rolled him over before standing up and facing the deranged man who was snarling and sucking gnawing on his hand.
   “Get out of here,” said David.
   “What?” said Josh.
   “I said get out of here,” David repeated.
   “Playing the hero, Ward?” said the man, flicking his lighter once again.
   “Shelby, let’s go,” said Matt who got up from the ground. He grabbed Josh’s elbow and Shelby’s hand and pulled them away from the standoff.
   “No one fucks with my friends,” said David, popping his neck.
   The man smirked and moved at him. David pulled a switchblade from his back pocket and flipped it open and jabbed at him, but the man, with one finger, stopped the blade, bent it and jabbed him with the other hand. David went flying backwards into the store and onto his back as onlookers were finally starting to notice the events taking place in the entryway. He looked up and saw the gangster dressed man waving his hand around in the air. A Japanese woman appeared behind him with black hair tied into a bun behind her head with her eyes closed and when she opened them, a man with a black leather trench coat on all fours and a scruffy thin beard, a man with stoner shades covered by untidy hair and wearing tattered hoodie and jeans, and a black man with cornrows and expensive sunglasses with pants and faded gray jeans both a few sizes to large all decked out with a few pounds of bling around his fingers and neck.
   “Get him,” said the man in the zoot suit.
   The stoner rushed forward immediately and shot a strange substance at the floor that just barely managed to roll away from before attempting to up, but his sweatshirt had got caught in it. He quickly slid out of it and ran down the store with shoppers in a panic, running for the emergency exits.
   “Dammit,” said the stoner. “This is one of those damn athletic ones, isn’t it…” he muttered with a British accent.
   “Cerberus,” said the zoot suited man.
   “I’ll get him,” growled the man crouching on all fours. He leapt forward and dashed through the store with his arms doing most of the work and quickly caught up to David who had found himself right next to the hygiene section.
   David turned around and shot lighting from his hands at Cerberus who was in mid leap at David. He attempted to dodge, but got hit in the shoulder. Cerberus hit the ground and then opened his mouth wide, exposing sharp yellow incisors and from his mouth shot a flame at David. He rolled to the side into one of the aisles. Cerberus spun on his arms and knocked the nearest shelf over with a pivoted spin kick and the shelves began to topple over like dominos. David crawled out the other side and began to run. It wasn’t long before Cerberus saw him and he bounded over the spilt shampoo bottles and smashed shelves after David.
   David was sprinting through the Hallmark card section, thinking of a way out of the building before remembering what Theta had told him earlier and then he saw the black man at the end of the aisle materialize from the shadows. David flung his hand out and shot a lightning bolt out of his hands, but the man disappeared as the lightning bolt past through where he was standing.
   David turned and saw the twenties gangster look down his aisle and he began to run at him brandishing a handgun. David turned and ran into the guns and knifes booth and squat down hoping no one saw him.
   Something landed with a splat next to him and it was the same substance that the stoner shot at him earlier. He looked up and another blob was falling down from the ceiling. David picked up an empty cardboard box and put it above his head, blocking the other shots from the stoner hanging onto the ceiling above him. He grabbed a rifle from the glass case and pointed it up at the stoner and fired a few rounds. The bullets then fell to the floor as icicles and shattered.
   David looked through the glass booth to see Cerberus shutting his mouth and leaping over the counter. David shot another blast at him and Cerberus was hit in the chest and he kept going and landed into a rack full of miscellaneous hunting equipment. David got up and ran down the aisle towards an unblocked emergency exit. He was almost there, but something caught his foot and he fell over. He looked back to see the black man standing there with his foot out from behind a shelf.
   David grabbed a shoe from the rack next to him and threw it at his head who vanished again and David began to push himself up, but then that same sticky substance hit his shoe and he didn’t move anywhere.
   Then David was tackled from the side. He felt his foot leave his shoe and Cerberus had him pinned to the ground. David tried pumping electricity through his veins, but Cerberus was wearing rubber gloves.
   “You can’t outrun five people with honed powers, David,” said the man dressed as Al Capone. “Gag his mouth, too, so he can’t shout for help.”
   A strip of duct tape was placed over his mouth by the black man and then his arms were taped together behind his back. Cerberus pulled him up effortlessly and half-dragged, half-carried him towards the same exit he was about to run away through; the entire time, David only thought of how Cerberus could stand up like a human while he just ran through the entire store like a dog.
   The Japanese woman appeared in front of them and was about to put her hand on Cerberus’s shoulder to teleport them all away, she was flung back into the wall.
   David tried looking around to see what had just happened, but Cerberus’ large around his neck was in the way.
   “What the hell was that, Al?” said the black man as he disappeared into the shadows again.
   “Shh!” said Al with his hands out in shushing gesture, looking around. The Japanese lady was out cold.
   “J*zz, get Hax,” he said, pointing at the Asian lady. “We’ll have to get out of here a different way.”
   The British stoner grabbed picked her up and carried her.
   “Cerberus, don’t let go of him,” he said. “Follow me.”
   The three of them walked down the aisles, carrying David and Hax.
   David glanced up and saw a tall, buff man wearing running shorts and a sleeveless shirt with a long brown ponytail repelling from the ceiling with a rope. His eyes popped wide, but he couldn’t make a sound. The man landed right on top of Al, picked him up and threw him at J*zz and Hax seemingly without effort who were flung to the side.
    “I suggest letting go of him, Cerberus,” he said.
    “Long time no see, Samson,” Cerberus growled. “Unfortunately, I have a better idea.”
    “Like what?” said another man behind them.
   Cerberus spun around, still holding David to see another man wearing a T-shirt and jeans with medium length wavy brown hair standing there.
   “Are you gonna have your sneaky little shadow dweller help you out of this one?” he asked with a smirk.
   “What? How did you-“ began Cerberus, but he was interrupted by the man.
   “Here he is,” he said.
   The black man dropped to the ground beside them.
   Cerberus backed into a shelf and then from his fingers, claws extended out of them and they found David’s neck.
   “I’ll do it,” he snarled, slowly digging his nails into David’s neck just enough to cause discomfort with David thinking that he must have a lot of experience with this.
   “That’s what you think,” said Samson.
   “Nice bluff, Cerberus,” added the other man.
   “It’s not a blu-“ but his sentence was cut short and he fell forward with David still in his clutches and he then felt himself stop falling, but he saw that he was floating there weightless.
   “Thanks, Jenna,” said Paul.
   “No, problem,” said a woman’s voice behind them.
   Samson stepped over to David and separated him from Cerberus’ limp body.
   “Okay, Paul, you can let go,” he said.
   “Sure thing,” said the other man and Cerberus fell to the ground.
   Samson stood David up and put his hand on the duct tape.
   “Brace yourself, kid,” he said.
   David pursed his lips as Samson ripped the duct tape off.
   “Oww! ****!” shrieked David.
   “Sorry, ‘bout that,” Samson said with a chuckle. “Here, let me get your hands.” He spun David around and cut the remaining duct tape off with some scissors.
   “You alright?” asked the woman whom David saw for the first time. He was thoroughly surprised by her appearance. She was wearing a pink jump suit and had incredibly long white hair.
   “Yeah, I’m fine,” said David, massaging his wrists. “Thanks.”
   “Don’t worry about it,” said the other man who David assumed was Paul.
   “We gotta get you out of here,” said Samson. “I’m sure they’ll be waking up any moment and the cops will arrive soon.”
   “Yeah, sure,” said David, a little dazed by what just happened.
   “Come with us,” said Paul.
   They ran out the same exit that David found before and resting before them was something that could only be described as something out of Star Wars. It was long and sleek for aerodynamics and appeared to be built for stealth.
   David, gaped, astonished at what he was seeing. He turned to the other three and all he could ask was, “who are you?”
Report Spam   Logged

Paul the Abstinence Panther
Resident

No, Paddleton, no!!!

Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Linux User Combination
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 05:13:16 pm »

Not gonna lie, this is a wee bit epic.
Report Spam   Logged
Banned Member
Warned Members
Elite

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 02:25:16 am »

Not gonna lie, this is a wee bit epic.
Really? Thanks. I didn't think it could be decent, but I was wrong. I'll finish my next chapter next week after graduation.

I just realized I named a character Paul.
Report Spam   Logged

Mightymike
Mightymike
Resident

I'm baaaaack

Apple User Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 07:19:39 pm »

It's nice. I like it so far. It could use a bit more description, mostly in characters. Overall I'm enjoying it and look forward to read more.
Report Spam   Logged

The difference between someone who *thinks* they're superior and the one who *knows*, is that the one who *knows* remains humble and respectful. The one who *thinks* goes out of their way to appear superior.

CHALLENGE ME!

Roleplays Active In:
Banned Member
Warned Members
Elite

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2009, 09:36:17 pm »

It's nice. I like it so far. It could use a bit more description, mostly in characters. Overall I'm enjoying it and look forward to read more.
Yeah, that's something I need to work on. My favorite thing about writing is dialogue. I don't know why...
Report Spam   Logged

Mightymike
Mightymike
Resident

I'm baaaaack

Apple User Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 09:43:20 pm »

Yeah, that's something I need to work on. My favorite thing about writing is dialogue. I don't know why...
It looks like that's your specialty.
Report Spam   Logged

The difference between someone who *thinks* they're superior and the one who *knows*, is that the one who *knows* remains humble and respectful. The one who *thinks* goes out of their way to appear superior.

CHALLENGE ME!

Roleplays Active In:
Banned Member
Warned Members
Elite

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2009, 02:12:31 am »

I'm sure.

So I lied. I still need to finish the chapter, but I'm having a bit of writer's block so I'll try to get it in sometime soon.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum