Aisenfield
April 16, 2024, 07:30:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Aisenfield. Keep your head down, find some cover, and you might make it off your computer alive.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

World Civ II Final Exam

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: World Civ II Final Exam  (Read 542 times)
Venom
Straightedge
Elite

The Heavy Metal Harbinger of Death

Badges: (View All)
Apple User Mobile User Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Windows User
« on: May 02, 2009, 06:24:37 pm »

So our final exam is coming up and the big thing that's going to be on it is a massive discussion question. He gave us three to study, two will be on the test for sure and we have to answer one of them. Here they are:

1. Why were there so many conflicts during the 20th century? What were the basis for these conflicts? How were they resolved?

2. Why are there so many political problems in the Near East? How did these problems develop? What solutions have been attempted to resolve the problems?

3. Why was Europe the dominant region of the world from the 16th century until the 20th century? How did Europe lose that domination? What other regions have become important? How and why did they achieve this?

So any intelligent feedback would be much appreciated and if nothing else suggestions on which two would be the easiest to research would be nice.
Report Spam   Logged

Xavier, making it rain on dem ho's XD. Credit to CM for the win pic.

*XBL Gamertag: xANTiVEN0Mx ... PSN ID: XMEGAVENOMX

"Only through struggle, have I found rest, but with a piece of me taken away. Remove from me this deception, that I called love" ~ As I Lay Dying

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Baron von Redberry
Banned Member
Warned Members
Addict

Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter Level 4 Level 3
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 07:52:47 pm »

That last one sounds pretty easy imo.
Report Spam   Logged

This member has been permanently banned from Aisenfield.
Psycho French Horn Almighty God of Soccer Tennis Bugler
Banned Member
Warned Members
Elite

Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 01:33:10 am »

1st and 3rd sound pretty easy to me as well. 2 is what you really need to focus on in my opinion.
Report Spam   Logged

Venom
Straightedge
Elite

The Heavy Metal Harbinger of Death

Apple User Mobile User Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Windows User
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 11:43:42 am »

No I only need to worry about the two easiest ones because no matter what at least one of them will be on the test. Okay any body know anything about some of this stuff?
Report Spam   Logged

Xavier, making it rain on dem ho's XD. Credit to CM for the win pic.

*XBL Gamertag: xANTiVEN0Mx ... PSN ID: XMEGAVENOMX

"Only through struggle, have I found rest, but with a piece of me taken away. Remove from me this deception, that I called love" ~ As I Lay Dying
Psycho French Horn Almighty God of Soccer Tennis Bugler
Banned Member
Warned Members
Elite

Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 02:11:29 pm »

So our final exam is coming up and the big thing that's going to be on it is a massive discussion question. He gave us three to study, two will be on the test for sure and we have to answer one of them. Here they are:

1. Why were there so many conflicts during the 20th century? What were the basis for these conflicts? How were they resolved?

Obviously, communism and the threat of a communist spread were main conflicts. And from this conflict, spread fear of nuclear annihilation between Russian and American forces. Pretty much everything is going to revolve around American-Russian relations and the Cold War.

2. Why are there so many political problems in the Near East? How did these problems develop? What solutions have been attempted to resolve the problems?

I have no idea what the Near East, but am assuming it's Africa, since the Arabias are Middle Eastern and the Far East is Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, China, etc... Here, I think it would be AIDS, starvation, Rwandan genocides, Sudanese genocides, civil war all across Africa, etc...

3. Why was Europe the dominant region of the world from the 16th century until the 20th century? How did Europe lose that domination? What other regions have become important? How and why did they achieve this?

Duh... Europe was dominant, because it was the defining time that scientists or Renaissance men were exploring all fields of study, and hundreds of scientific and technological breakthrougs were made apparent. It was the period in time when each nation of Europe had grown tremendously and were all competing for success through trade and trying to expand their culture. It was also a time when religion was a large factor and everyone wanted everyone else to follow their religious faction.

EDIT:
Not to mention, every nation in Europe is almost landlocked and they all have that strange feeling of being threatened.

So any intelligent feedback would be much appreciated and if nothing else suggestions on which two would be the easiest to research would be nice.
Hope that helped.
Report Spam   Logged

Malibu
The main benefactor of DT's big shiny sword
Global Moderator
Resident

Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter Level 4 Level 3
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2009, 06:08:55 am »

..basically the base answer to all those questions is economics.

The political problems in the third world countries... derived probably from economics again... they are exploited in a capitalist global economy. If they can get a job..for instance say on a coffee plantation.. the job is usually extremely low paid..but there is no alternative etc.

They are sort of stuck in our middle ages over there. In our middle ages, people were sick and stuff but the central authority were too busy building fancy churches and cathedrals to worry to much. It's the same in Africa..I've seen it first hand, it's almost amusing. Great big 15 million dollar sort of archway...built...that only the president can walk under once a year or whatever..built like a stone's throw away from the most awful slum I've ever seen.

The reason why Europe are top dogs... and are still along with the 'west' the top dogs is because of the development in international intercourse they made through colonization which increased their own internal and external competition with each other...which developed trade and mass-production globally. If it had been the 'east' colonizing us then we'd be the third world countries now.

What I've always wondered... though never been bothered to research is that the Egyptians  developed a lot of technology like steam etc. and organized the building of huge monuments... yet the progress just sort of completely slowed, I suppose the only answer I can think of is the restrictions placed on free thinking by religion after their fall. 
Report Spam   Logged

made me picture the mods as furry little animals about to be killed on the Discovery channel.
-Winds Of Water
XeroZega
Grim Reaper
Overlord

Aisenfielder #7: Lord of Lightining.

Windows User Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Level 6 Search
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009, 03:50:00 pm »

For the first one, the 20th century is the 1900s, so make sure you mention something about black rights and racism, because that's a huge source of conflict in the US.
If you're talking about the whole world, go into detail about segregation: IE: The blacks in North America, the Jews Europe, etc.

Don't worry about the second one. That one is definately the hardest of the three so make sure to focus on the first and third.
Report Spam   Logged

This member has been declared amazingly awesome.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum