Aisenfield
October 23, 2017, 05:01:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: To the Aisencave!

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

DT's Dungeon of Horrors!!! =O Oh and it's a blog too....(PG-13 for swearing)

Pages: 1 ... 320 321 [322]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DT's Dungeon of Horrors!!! =O Oh and it's a blog too....(PG-13 for swearing)  (Read 31364 times)
Picard
Tamamo-no-Mae
Administrator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Beyond the Horizon

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #4815 on: August 05, 2017, 07:52:41 pm »

Hey DT, Doru, Tyren and I are in the Discord already. Feel free to join!
Report Spam   Logged

DarkToph
Ruler of all things Dark and Tophy.
Global Moderator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

I am the Queen of Randomness. You may gawk at me.

« Reply #4816 on: August 29, 2017, 12:58:14 pm »

177 – The Trouble with Snubbull: Let’s just get this over with. I’m sure most of the audience has long since forgotten this tail-biting unfunny Snubbull and are more than happy to finally see them cast off this completely pointless recurring ‘comic relief’ character. I remember the ending of this episode, and that’s about it.

…..Where the hell is Jigglypuff?

- I admire Madam Muchmoney’s determination and fortitude for going through the harsh terrains of the wilderness for weeks or months to find her Snubbull, but she really didn’t approach this rationally.

1) You’re rich as hell, you can’t gather a massive search party to search for your Snubbull?

2) You’re rich as hell, why are you having trouble getting such basic resources such as food and water on your adventures?

3) You’re rich as hell, why didn’t you buy a crapton of proper traveling gear and clothes before you left? Why didn’t anyone tell you it’s a bad idea to go through such a treacherous journey in the same prissy dress that you had on when you left? And I love how they do that quick flashing back and forth thing like hooo she looks so different from the last time we saw her. She has the same face, she’s the same weight and she’s wearing the same clothes. Only difference is that she’s tying her scarf behind her now and her dress is a bit ripped.

- Not to poke at her size, but how IS she the same weight? They have to forage for their food, have been traveling on their own for months and have been doing massive amounts of strenuous exercise this entire time. She should be a lot thinner by now. She’s more muscular, but her muscular definition only presents itself when she’s purposely flexes.

- If that fantasy was any indication, Snubbull really has a tail-biting kink.

- Nurse Joy: “I wonder if I should take it to the Pokemon Center and run some tests on it.”….You’re….at the Pokemon Center.

- Snubbull really is a weirdo. It’s like they’re making the case that she’s simultaneously in love with both Meowth and his tail. Well, does she love Meowth because of his tail or does she love his tail and, by extension, Meowth because he’s attached to the tail? This weird love….triangle (?) makes Snubbull, as a character, hard to sympathize with. It sucks that Meowth hurt her feelings by saying he hated her, but she’s more forlorn in a broken up respect.

- *Team Rocket explains that they’ve been looking for Muchmoney’s Snubbull high and low just to give it back to her*

Brock: “Maybe Team Rocket’s seen the light, guys. Maybe they’ve turned over a new leaf.” Maybe one episode will go by where you don’t have a line that makes you sound like a braindead idiot.

Despite all of my bitching of Snubbull and Madam Muchmoney, I do have to say that I really like how they finished off their story. Madam Muchmoney is shown to care extremely deeply about her Snubbull’s happiness to the point of putting herself through an exhaustive search across the region for her, spending millions on a complete renovation of the estate to create a wildlife area for her to enjoy and even taking up Pokemon training alongside her.

Snubbull’s side also ended well. She finally realized that Muchmoney legitimately cares about her and wants to make her happy. She got over her unhealthy obsession with Meowth’s tail. She got revenge on Meowth in a big way. And she evolved into Granbull, who has a much better voice by the way.

This is honestly the way their original story should’ve ended had the writers not had one of those ‘hurrr, we can use this pokeyman for repeated comic relief when we feel like it hurrr’ moments. We had a glimpse of a better Muchmoney at the end of that episode with her making a more nature oriented part of the estate for Snubbull to explore as much as she wants, but this was taking up the notch it deserved.

I will admit that I was mostly looking forward to this episode to finally be rid of the flash-in-the-pan comic relief Snubbull, but I wouldn’t mind in the least if we saw Muchmoney and Granbull as recurring characters, having a bit of a Pokemon training adventure of their own.

…..But of course we won’t.

Next episode, we get the return of Koga’s student, Aya, from the Soul Badge episode. Not that I’m complaining, but this is quite the ‘returning characters’ streak we’re on lately. I actually remember this episode fairly well, but I don’t remember if I liked it. Hm.
Report Spam   Logged

DarkToph
Ruler of all things Dark and Tophy.
Global Moderator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

I am the Queen of Randomness. You may gawk at me.

« Reply #4817 on: October 02, 2017, 10:09:20 am »

178 – Ariados, Amigos

I want to say I remember this episode, but outside of remembering Aya’s return, I don’t. So….pbbtt.

- Narrator: “As our heroes continue on their journey to Johto.” Fuck. You.

- It’s nice to see Aya in more proper ninja attire (compare bright pink/short skirt combo with the red pantsuit combo she has now)…..but uh….bright red still isn’t a great ninja color.

- Okay, so Ash, Misty and Brock didn’t know what classes they were being placed into when they donned these outfits, which are color coded by class. They just assumed Ash would want battling, Brock would want technical courses and Misty would want beauty classes.

I have just a few nitpicks with this.

1) That sounds like they pigeon-holed Misty based purely on her gender. However, considering these classes are really about health and nutrition, I guess maybe not. I still feel like it’s the slightest bit sexist because girl characters are so often shoved into the ‘medical support’ roles.

2) I have absolutely no clue why these classes are called ‘Beauty classes’ when they’re not focusing on beauty, they’re focusing on health. Even breeding classes would be a more fitting name.

3) While that suggestion is out there, shouldn’t Brock and Misty’s class selections be switched? Brock would do much better in what is essentially a breeding class and Misty would excel in the technical courses.

4) Of course as I’m writing this down and continue the scene, because I do that okayshutup, they do explicitly state that some of the treatments can make you look like a movie star. And, Misty being vain, of course wants to take it because of that even though she stated she wants to learn more about battling. Because girls.

5) And of course all of the students in the beauty class, despite supposedly not focusing on the beauty part, are all girls being taught by women and they’re all starting with the beauty treatments…..I’m sorry. This whole thing irked me more than it should.

- Hehe, when Hypno’s getting attacked, sometimes it’ll say ‘Nooooooooo!’ right before the attack hits.

- Team Rocket’s logic is always so infallible. “We just got all of these Pokeballs and would make a clean getaway if we stayed quiet….better set off literal fireworks, do a makeshift ‘magic’ act for no reason and do our motto before slowly attempting to get away!”

- Narrator: “Lessons that will serve them well” Don’t “on the road” say it, you mother fu-- “to Johto” They’re doing it on purpose now.

All in all, this episode was a might disappointing. Pokemon Jujitsu, like many subdisciplines of Pokemon training, doesn’t differentiate itself enough to make it seem worth making an episode about it. Ash liked the battling, but that didn’t seem like it was different from any other battle situation. Brock excelled at the technical aspect but it was just shooting spikes at balloons. The health aspect was kinda interesting, but the only part they showed was, of course, the damn beauty treatment.  It was nice seeing Aya again, but it’s like she gets a downgrade here. How pathetic is it when she’s actually saying Team friggin’ Rocket is TOO POWERFUL for her? They also didn’t put much focus at all on Ariados which is weird considering this is its debut and its name is in the title. It did some cool stuff, but the focus is entirely on Aya and Ash.

Another CotD reappearance wasted.

Next time, Yanma’s debut. I feel like I remember this episode based on the plot synopsis, but eh.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 320 321 [322]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: