Aisenfield
April 18, 2024, 07:17:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Without ME, it's just AWESO.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Abyss (One-Shot)

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Abyss (One-Shot)  (Read 417 times)
Angel
You Deserve A Try Again Frog
Esteemed Members
Greenhorn

Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Level 3 Level 2 Level 1
« on: February 24, 2009, 02:07:41 am »

Hey all! This is a little thing I wrote one night, kinda odd in comparison to what I normally write ^ ^; It's a One-Shot currently, but I keep looking at it over and over and the back of my head keeps thinking "Hey, make it longer." So, it might grow, but I figured I'd post it up here since I don't post much of my writing at all, and normally don't think it's all too good >.o...Though I will admit, I like how this came out. Enjoy! ^ ^ Questions and comments always welcome~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A soft voice murmured around her fallen form, its tone altering between sorrow, anger, and love. The words that were spoken seemed to have no form, almost as if it were speaking within different languages before it softly echoed into the abyss that surrounded her. As her fingers slowly drew together, the voice around her began to speak hurriedly and loudly, swirling closer and closer around her. But the moment that her eyes fluttered open….the moment that the faded shine of her crystalline eyes could be seen, the voice halted, its final sounds quickly fading away. She didn’t move from her place upon the ground, her eyes looking tiredly into the nothingness before her as her fingers loosened, opening up until her palm was against the texture less area below her. She knew that it was here….that it talked when it thought she wasn’t listening. It always stopped the moment that she began to open her eyes….but she knew that it was there…she wasn’t crazy. Taking in a short breath, she slowly pushed herself up off of her side, her long hair gently brushing along the ground before tumbling silently down her shoulders behind her.

To be honest, she had no idea where she was…or how she had even gotten there in the first place. It was a lonely place though…no color, no feeling, no smells…and the only sounds that she ever heard where made by her, or the voice that almost seemed to mock her. For what seemed like days she had been wandering…walking in any direction she could possibly go in hopes of finding someone or something that she could touch….that she could talk to. But every time she just ended up growing tired and lying down on the ground, falling asleep as the distant whispers would begin to speak. Maybe that voice was another who had been drawn into this place and had been unable to find a way out, forever locked away. Or maybe it was the reason that she was here in the first place…it wanted to watch someone suffer until they finally broke and crumbled, curling onto the floor as their sobs acted as their death march.

“I want to go home…”

Her voice was almost nonexistent, her eyes slowly scanning around her for anything that she may have missed, anything that could help her leave this horrible place, but just like everyday all that she saw was white, and just like everyday her hopes lessened. To be honest she wasn’t sure how she still had any hope left…perhaps it was because she could remember her friends and family…and her desire to see them again managed to feed life into her weakening form. But even so, eventually that would be worn away by failure, and she would lose sight. Shifting, she went onto her knees before getting onto her feet, the sound of her movements dancing around her before fading away. Slowly, her eyes fell shut and she breathed in deeply, the faintest of a whisper bubbling to life.

“Shintu…shintu….shintu….holon esque es tyan?”

“Please….please let me out…..I want to go home….”

“Shintu… shintu… shintu…holon esque es tyan?”

“Please……let me go home….”

Her words slowly faded away, but this time the voice never answered her back. Her fingers slowly curled, both of her hands making fists as her breath stayed still. Maybe if she waited…if she just waited long enough…

“Mosai…estu shu rion ciel es?”

Was the voice….talking to her? She still couldn’t understand what the voice was asking…but this was the first time that she had been answered. If she kept talking maybe she would say something right, and make the voice happy. Maybe she could finally leave this empty place…

“Please….I can’t understand what you are saying….but I just want to go home….I’m so lonely here…I miss my family and friends….I miss contact…..I miss….everything….”

“Rion unda adania sien.”

She went quiet. That had been a statement this time, and to top it off, the voice was beginning to grow louder as it spoke, the words almost…angry. But there was something else mixed into it, she just couldn’t place it. Either way, she couldn’t be afraid now. She had to do something; otherwise she would just wander in this abyss until she finally couldn’t hold onto her life any longer.

“I don’t know why I’m here….I can’t find my way out….I’m scared….and alone….please…..please just let me go home….let me out…..”

“Rion unda adania sien. Isho.”

“Let me go home, please!”

The air suddenly seemed to grow thick around her, her body seeming to get heavy. Around her the white seemed to warp, bend, and melt, the black that had been hidden underneath bubbling over and staining the walls, heavy drops falling from above and splattering near her feet like tar.

“Rion unda adania sien! Isho!”

“Let me go home!”

“Rion unda adania sien!!!”

Her eyes snapped open as the voice screamed, the white that had been around her almost completely devoured by the thick goo. She slowly started to back away, stopping suddenly when her heel connected to nothing. Complete fear washed over her, her eyes starting to sting as tears threatened to well to life, her heart pounding against her chest, threatening to break out.

“Stop this, please!”

“Rion unda adania sien!!!”

“I’m sorry!! Please, please don’t do this!! I didn’t mean to upset you!”

Everything around her suddenly slowed to a stop, bits of white still managing to peek through. Quietly, she looked around, glancing up to see a large drop just a few inches away from completely smothering her. Shaking, she kneeled down on her small white platform and gingerly pressed her finger to the black that had devoured what she had started to call her home, eyes widening as it just kept going. There was no liquid there. There was no ground there. Everything was gone, and in its place rested a chasm that never ended. She didn’t move, her arm still outstretched. If the darkness was just an empty hole…that meant that all she had left was the tiny spot that she stood on…and that the drop that almost fell on her would have ended her life.

“Rion…..Rion unda adania sien…”

All the anger in the voice was gone, replaced by fear. The girl carefully sat on her small piece of land and drew her legs close to her chest, shivering. Any chance of going home was gone, she was sure of that now. Any pathway that might have existed had been eaten away, leaving only an empty fall. Slowly, she rested her forehead against her knees, the tears that had been threatening to fall gathering before falling against her skin, sliding down her thigh, leaving a warm trail.

“No……”

“Rion unda adania sien…rion essa ciel es cunna em…”
Report Spam   Logged

I am a member of RAWR (Roleplayers who
Approve of Working Roleplays). Please do not join
or create multiple RPs unless you are certain you
are able to handle the obligation of providing a
post in each thread at least once every week.
Neglecting to do so is a rude inconvenience for
fellow roleplayers and inhibits the progression of the roleplay itself.

I, Stained-Glass-Seraphim, and/or Angel, claim chaos (From Xenosaga), Taiki (From Sailor Moon), Vaan (From Final Fantasy 12), The Prince (From Katamari Damacy), Zarean, and Terak. But, in regards to the rules, I do not claim anything that they have at all. Just them, for they are friends, and are ok with it.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Kageito
Number XV - The Howling Symphony
Resident

Forever a WoWfag

Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter Level 4 Level 3
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 05:10:32 am »

That made me sad. Doesn't happen often. It's very well written, I can really feel the tension, poor girl.

I don't understand the other language though and I'm curious, what do the sentences mean?

And I'm sorry for not being able to give a comment that actually means something >.o
Report Spam   Logged

I claim LotR, the Wheel of Time and WoW, Absol, Banette and Arcanine, Blaze the Cat, the Hookshot and Ocarina of Time from LoZ and The Lion King.

I hope to be more active on the RP front, guys, especially now that Crimson's back. :T
Hit me up for a talk if you've missed me or something crazy like that. And I might open an art thread once I get my tablet.
Angel
You Deserve A Try Again Frog
Esteemed Members
Greenhorn

Combination Topic Starter Level 3 Level 2 Level 1
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 01:38:50 am »

Oh no, it's fine! I'm just happy to see that somone liked it! The language is one that I made up as I was typing the story, it took me about 30 minutes to play with letters and placement until I found some combinations that I thought sounded nice. As for what they mean...

Shintu…shintu….shintu….holon esque es tyan? - Wander wander wander...where are you going?

Mosai…estu shu rion ciel es - Home...why should I let you?

Rion unda adania sien. - I am lonely too.

Rion unda adania sien. Isho. - I am lonely too. No.

Rion unda adania sien…rion essa ciel es cunna em... - I am lonely too...I won't let you leave me...

Thank you for reading my story! It really means alot!
Report Spam   Logged

I am a member of RAWR (Roleplayers who
Approve of Working Roleplays). Please do not join
or create multiple RPs unless you are certain you
are able to handle the obligation of providing a
post in each thread at least once every week.
Neglecting to do so is a rude inconvenience for
fellow roleplayers and inhibits the progression of the roleplay itself.

I, Stained-Glass-Seraphim, and/or Angel, claim chaos (From Xenosaga), Taiki (From Sailor Moon), Vaan (From Final Fantasy 12), The Prince (From Katamari Damacy), Zarean, and Terak. But, in regards to the rules, I do not claim anything that they have at all. Just them, for they are friends, and are ok with it.
Kageito
Number XV - The Howling Symphony
Resident

Forever a WoWfag

Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter Level 4 Level 3
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 02:48:52 am »

You're very welcome, I enjoyed reading it.
Report Spam   Logged

I claim LotR, the Wheel of Time and WoW, Absol, Banette and Arcanine, Blaze the Cat, the Hookshot and Ocarina of Time from LoZ and The Lion King.

I hope to be more active on the RP front, guys, especially now that Crimson's back. :T
Hit me up for a talk if you've missed me or something crazy like that. And I might open an art thread once I get my tablet.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum