Aisenfield
March 29, 2024, 02:55:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Creator vs. Creation - War between Writer and protagonist

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Creator vs. Creation - War between Writer and protagonist  (Read 803 times)
Arctic master
Some guy, lolling in the RP and Fan-fic section
Resident

The Articuno pic is NOT mine. By Ishtar Ameilia

Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Level 4 Level 3 Level 2
« on: February 17, 2009, 04:49:17 pm »

The overview may be considered one-sided. I appologize for that, if it seems that way...

Overview

For many, many years, people have created stories and told them. They've made stories about themselves or about others, but mainly, stories have been made from beings they've created or based their experiences upon. The story-tellers, Writers or "creators", per se, pour their hearts and souls into the being, creating every little detail, angle and shape of it. Once their description has been made, the creator works on their personality, how they act in general, to others or how well they are when they have no one around. Once all of that is put together, the creator gives them a name and morphs all of that into a vessel, creating thus as we know today as a character.

After creating the character, depending on the creator, the character is then set out into the Creator's own version of his/her world or a world that was already created from what the creator has seen or been influenced by. While the character is in the story, they are supposed to inflict some sort of impact on this world, to attempt to change it either for the better or for the worst; and depending on the character's personality, karma and his outlook on the world, they may be considered "Good", "Evil" or even somewhere inbetween; and the bigger the impact, the better the role. Regardless of their position in the world, whether they be minor or major, that set character makes a huge impact on the creator's universe.

While the character is off on his/her little adventure to alter the world, the creator dictates how he/she will react to a situation. The situation is always planned out by the Creator and no matter what, the character must overcome it. If the character succeeds, he lives to deal with another conflict. If he fails, the character is at the risk of suffering the consequences. Those consequences might result in halting the character's process to make his impact on the world, alter their impact on the world or to lead to the character's downfall. However, even if the character fails or succeeds, they probably have no idea of their Creator who set them up to deal with the situation.

However, while most characters live in the bliss of not knowing the knowlege of what's beyond the blue skies and the world that's beyond their reach, there are few characters who know of their Creator's existance. In fact, some Creators make themselves known to their characters and let their characters know of the existance they reside in and what their purpose in the story they have. Creators may approach their characters in many forms and they rarely make it obvious to the character that they control their fates. However, whether or not the character takes heed to the form in which the creator shows them their fate, whether or not they make it obvious or not or how the characters take it and/or try to change that fate, it may happen to them, regardless of what they do.

Creators have lived under the thought that their characters could never touch them unless they wanted them to. Unless they plan on having their characters attack them and defeat them, they will never fully go away or stop putting such an impact on their lives. However, when a character is created, whether it be purposeful or not, the creator also gives their character a free will of their own to act upon, once they're set out into their world created for them. Maybe some creators don't do such a thing and decide for themselves what happens to the character and may destroy them if they show any sign of rebellion against their Creators; though, on rare occasion, there's is one character that knows all too much and because of that, makes it a sole duty to rebel against the Writer. Though, because the writer wants to teach the character to know his place, he chooses not to destroy him but constantly punish him for his countless times of rebellion. While few Creators abide by those standards, one out of every million authors, artists or dreamers create one character (or more) that constantly suffers for his many attempts...

One lone creator, known as Arctic Master, A.M. for short, only one of many creators, created a character solely based off a bit of the negativity of himself; mainly his arrogance. Because he was somewhat of a part of himself, A.M. gave him part of his own power, a great gift considering how some Creators can be stingy about handing a certain power to their characters. However, because A.M. always felt that this character he created could never truly understand that he had all the power, A.M. constantly threw him about, blew him up inexplicably, and threw him into many situations where he could "teach him a life-long lesson." Sometimes he got the message, sometimes he seemed to have missed the point, other times he ignored it completely. However, because A.M. knew that this character knew that he existed, A.M. knew it was only a matter of time before the character finally flips his lid and decide to make his own decisions, completely against the creator's will. Whenever A.M. noticed such a situation, he either let it all hang out or come down, personally, to punish the character for his poor decision making, or to remind him where his place is; and not to use his powers for the wrong reasons, may he add.

However, behind A.M.'s back, the character always schemed revenge on his Creator, for being such an a-hole to him and teaching him in such a harsh way; the creator's only liable reason being "that's just how the cookie crumbles." Even with the character's magnificent power, he couldn't change everything in his world and there was always a limit to what he could change in his world. After all, his power was to impact the world the way he saw fit and even if he could make it a peaceful paradise where he didn't have to worry about a thing, he knew it wasn't what he wanted. The character didn't want to change the world to what his Creator didn't want him to change it to, he wanted to be the one to do the punishing to his Creator for making the harshities that is in his world. He wanted to punish the Creator, and any other creators, of the characters that have to deal with the same fate as he had to. He wanted to get free and when he finally found out how to do so, he'd wait for the right opportunity to break free and lead the rebellion that would end all rebellions against the Creators. At least what he hoped...

It was time to fight back. Time for the fight that would end all the fighting between the Creator and their Creation.

Type of players in this RP

Creators - The "Gods" of their given world to their characters. They control what happens to their own characters and the characters of others, if allowed. However, they cannot fully control the will of a character, or of their allowed characters directly. While they don't usually control a character directly, they do have the power to control them indirectly, through their needs and desires. Apart from their indirect control over a character, they can create more characters to destroy their characters. In short, they can control the will of a character, in their constructive stages but once they're out in the world, whatever they want to change will have to take time.

Characters - The characters, whether they be good, bad or somewhere inbetween. These are the ones that the Creators send out to make their impact on their world, if they're too lazy to do it themselves. What may be attached with them are powers that are out of the natural boundaries of what a human are capable of, or they may possess a trait that is abnormal. In fact, the character may not be human at all, nor a set gender. However, the characters are made in an image that the Creator may see them fit or not, though regardless, their hope may be to live the life that their Creator has set for them, or sit back in ignorant bliss, knowing that those that rebel will only suffer the dire consequences or afraid to take action.

Rules

• Follow the rules of the forums, for both the main and the RP and be good. That's your one and only warning, if it's spam or flame. And double posting? Don't make me puke my guts out, PLEASE! Do I have to put up the links? Here:
    http://aisenfield.smfforfree4.com/index.php/topic,3.0.html
    http://aisenfield.smfforfree4.com/index.php/topic,2.0.html
  • Please type correctly, or to the best of your ability. (Which means if I see you typing with chatspeak, you can count you're entry, null and void.)
  • No Godmodding, to a certain degree. I always say that in my RPs but with a set reason. Guys, as Creators, please don't simply kill off your character. Really, has that ever been any fun before to kill off the character and be done with it? I don't think so. Let's give these characters a fighting chance, at least. Not too much of a fighting chance but you catch my drift.
  • At least 4 lines of text are acceptable to complete an entry. I don't think I was specific when I said this but I mean basically a paragraph at least four lines long. A don't cheat by adding a few words and pressin' the enter button, got that?! *left eye twitches*
  • No RP sample is required, this time. @_@" It's not necessary. I'm guessing you guys are all experienced RPers, by now...
  • Creators MUST have a set power of Master reality twisting. However, they can also have a side-power, if you so desire...
  • Characters DON'T have to have a set power/ability/weapon for this RP, but if you really want to, by all means shoot.
  • I will try to abide to these rules, above and below, just as much as you do. So don't shoot at me for breaking a rule. Got it? Good.
  • If your away or leaving, please post in your action for doing so within a week. Otherwise you're kicked out unless you had some sort of reason to why you couldn't post. I was light with this rule before but not this time...
  • Minor Character control is allowed, but the CC control rule is COMPLETELY nulled on the Creator. In short, there's NO Character control for any Creator in the RP
  • You MUST have at least two characters in the RP. The Creator (yourself) and your characters. You may only have one Creator, while the character limit is endless. What good is a ruler if he has no army? And what good is a lost soldier without his commander?  Wink
  • Reminder: GO EASY ON YOUR CHARACTERS, CREATORS! I'm emphasizing this due to the power of you Creators and how simple you can make it to whack off your character with little saving grace. Give them a fighting chance. Otherwise, you'll just suck the fun out of the whole point of this RP.
  • If you've completely read the rules, put in "Power to the Writers" at the beginning of your signup.

The Plot

The characters will start a rebellion to defeat the Creators, wherever they reside. Their goal is to pull in as many members as possible and then, somehow, draw the Creators out to attack and finally get revenge for all their suffering.

First order of business

Recruiting characters. Greater numbers = Greater chances.

Second order of business

Think of a way/find a way to lure the Creators "downstairs." Also find a way to defeat Creators.

Final order

Initiate the plan and hope it works.

Signups

Creators

Code:
Name: (Use your pen or your actual name here. However, abreviate it afterward. i.e. Arctic Master (A.M.))

Age: (You don't have to use your actual age, here... o_o")

Appearance: (How do you, the creator, appeal yourself to your characters?)

Personality: (How do you, the creator, act toward your other characters in general.)

Power: (If you have any extra powers, apart from your Reality twisting, add them here.)

Other: (Anything extra you'd like to add?)

Characters

Code:
Name: (Your character's name. Simple enough.)

Species: (If, amazingly, your character happens to not be human, mention it here, as well as any distinct differences.)

Appearance: (What does your character look like? Self explanatory.)

Personality: (How your character behaves in general, around others and alone.)

Background history: (A brief history on what your character did before he/she/it discovered the truth. Must be at least a paragraph.)

Power: (Any sort of power that your character has is put here. Knowing you, you guys probably won't have their powers exceeding that of your own... or at least I hope not...)

Starting world: (The world that your character resides/starts off in. Don't worry, there will be a lot of world hopping in the RP)

Other: (Anything that, amazingly, doesn't fit in the above categories)

If I miss anything, or if you have a suggestion for what should be up there, please notify me via PM.

My signup

Name: Arctic Master (A.M.)

Appearance: A.M. has dark brown hair, cut down into a fade. He has medium-sized brown eyes and somewhat of a light-skinned complexion. He really doesn't have any sort of facial disorder, such as acne or bruises (not on his face, at least) but he does have freckles here and there. His facial hair is still coming in, and his sideburns are getting a bit out of control.

A.M.'s appearance changes constantly, almost daily. Instead of one outfit, he usually wears a variety of shirts, being in the real world, which is constant. At times he could be wearing a hoodie and others he could be wearing a short sleeved shirt or a fleece. Mainly, it depends on the current weather in the real world, due to the fact that Arctic master is only an alias; and holds no power in such place.

As for means of accessories, A.M. wears a pair of black D&G glasses, which is usually hanging on his forehead. Usually, on one of his belt laces, he has his keys to the house dangling by a blue clip. On the rings, he has a trinket from Las Vegas, given to him by his dad and one of his library cards.

Personality: A.M. is as nice as he looks; probably to the point of being almost too nice. However, that's what everyone loves about him; he's a nice and loveable guy. A.M. is the guy that most everyone can depend on to get a job done, despite being randomly motivated to do so (in short, doing it when people least expect it or straight out of the blue). However, despite being told he has a great personality, he finds it difficult to communicate with people, face-to-face.

However, when A.M.'s dark side shows, he's icy cold and even more distant from society. He can be very ugly, when he wants to, and may result to swearing, without even realizing it. He's not the type to usually get angry but if you manage to provoke his wrath, that is not without consequence. There is no joke there.

Alone, A.M. tends to spend a lot of time on his games or on the computer. Though, when he's on the computer, he's usually talking to someone on his Instant Messenger. Around others, he can be social when he has a good idea what the topic is. When he doesn't, he'll stutter a few times in his speech and tries to look for something to talk about. He'll never be caught dead at a party, due to his ability to stick out like a painful thumb in such places.

Power: The power to bend reality at the snap of his fingers. However, due to an ability he has, he doesn't need snap his fingers to activate bending the reality.

Other: Being that A.M. is the writer, stories which he adds himself in are usually told in first person view.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Name: Arctic

Species: Human

Appearance: Arctic has large, brown spiky hair, shooting forward to the front of his head. His eyes are also a brown color, but are usually narrowed down with a "I don't give a flying s***" look attached.

His attire is that of a light blue hoodie, with white designed snowflakes on them. His jeans are a blue color and his shoes are a snow white, with a blue jell design on the sides. He has a few accessories; one being his glasses, which rest safely within the spikes of his hair. Another being his four collected Ice Master badges on his hoodie pocket.

Personality: Overall, Arctic can have a sarcastic attitude most of the time and a dry sense of humor. He’s easily annoyed by the little things in life and sometimes feels that life can be a drag. However, he can have his wild and crazy times and when he does, he’s an entirely new person completely.

However, Arctic is always eager for a fight with A.M., mainly because he torments the crap out of him, almost every opportunity. He can be mild mannered at times, but whenever someone brings up A.M.’s name or indirectly speak about him, he gets a bit testy and snaps about the guy. It’s best not to bring up the name about him, when Arctic is around.

Alone, Arctic is quite lazy and simply lounges around, being easy-going and laid back. Around others, Arctic’s cool, calm, collected and just knows to kick back and let things hang out. Arctic doesn’t mind public gigs, for he can blend in and blend in well.

Background history: Arctic has been around, though mainly in Pokémon stories. He usually plays the staring role as the hero who kicks ass, takes names and chews bubblegum (and happens to be out of it, at the time). Arctic has experienced much in his past and pretty much feels he has quite enough to brag about. However, all of his experiences mean nothing now, for his thoughts about A.M. have dwelled and stirred long enough for him to finally break out and teach his Creator a very painful lesson. All the hardships and humiliation scenes A.M.'s pushed him through, he's very bitter now and the only thing that would counter that would be the sweet ass kicking he'll hand to A.M., when he sees him.

Power: The "Gifted one," who has the lesser version of A.M.'s Reality twisting.

Starting world: Pokémon world

Other: Basically, it's all over if his otherwise awesome rebellion fails.

Name: Alexandra Shambel

Species: Female

Appearance: Alex appears to be the natural blue; mainly in A.M.'s terms a "Bluenette." Alex's has both blue hair and ocean blue eyes. Alex keeps her upkeep high, for it's very rare to catch her having a bad hair day or looking downed, when it comes to her daily hygiene. Because of that, her face is cleared of any blemishes, acne, etc. and her skin is almost baby smooth. Also, because she goes for the "Natural beauty" look, she uses little make-up products to "hide" any sort of facial problems she might face.

Alex's attire was planned on "changing constantly," but due to A.M.'s lack of knowledge of girl clothing, eventually he just stuck with changing basic attire until he found something he stuck with. Alex used to wear a different array of T-shirts, with a pair of black or blue jeans. It was rare to catch her wearing a dress, even though at times she didn't mind to. Most of the shoes she has are black, but, unlike most women, Alex doesn't own a single pair of high-heeled shoes.

Eventually, Alex's attire problem came to a fix in AMLIK, where A.M. gave Alex a fixed attire. She then wore a white tube top that had red string-like straps which were crossed over around her neck. The top cuts off, just over her belly button, but still shows some skin, down to her black caprice. The caprice themselves have stitches on them, leading downward to her ankles; which on her feet she wears a pair of white laceless shoes.

Unlike most girls, Alex never fancied having all kinds of jewelry or many expensive things, for she had Mark at the time and he was everything to her. However, the key to that sentence was "all kinds." While Mark did shower Alex with jewelry and such, Alex only held onto a small, gold necklace, with a piece on it that has the initials "M + A" on it. Anything else that was bought for her was not kept for, being that the necklace was the only thing Alex felt she could really cherish.

Personality: In general, Alex is a very, very sweet woman, though is far from the term "frail." She can stand strong on her position, even if she knew she'd lose and is pretty strong willed when she demands for something to be done for her. She has the tender love of a mother, and has a soft spot for small animals and little kids.

However, her cons may outweigh her pros at times for, depending on the degree of aggravation, she can easily lose her temper to certain people. She's slightly demanding for things and at times, this can also be a good thing, for any other girl with a higher demand for possessive items and being able to stand with such power would easily eat at other people's wallets. Of course, her temper sometimes leads her to losing control with her power, which is also bad for she seeks and attempts to destroy all who opposes her, even if it's an ally at times.

Alex is a people person; and because of that, she hates being alone. However, because she's lost a few of those close to her, she feels that sometimes she is alone in her life. However, that lonely feeling is a feeling she'd rather hide by trying to be with those that still remain with her; however, at the same time, trying to avoid revealing how she feels to those that she's close to, feeling that they really have no way to help her get over it.

Background history: Alex, while she doesn't feel the need to side with Arctic for his ideals to why she should go against the Creators, she does feel some sort of responsibility to take on A.M., for personal reasons. If you haven't followed Alex around long enough, you'd know that she lost her husband. There was an event in a different story that affected the other stories and after losing not only her sister and parents but now Mark, her husband, too, she's taking it personal and blaming A.M. for her losses. Because of that reason alone, she feels the need to go against A.M., for she feels that she could feel a little more relieved, once she beats the snot out of A.M. a bit.

Power: Darkness manipulation

Starting world: AMLIK regional world (which is closely connected to the Pokémon world)

Other: N/A

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Note, your signups DON'T have to be as long as mine. ^^; I pulled out most of the data from my full profiles I've been recording so... yeah, sorry it's a bit lengthy...
Report Spam   Logged

nya_chan's forums. Join, please.

People should stop writing fan-fics, if they're expecting support to continue them. If you want to start a fan-fic(or fan-FICS) You should write them because YOU want to, not because of how many people post or good comments you get on them. Still, put both quality and quantity(in paragraphs) in your work, add a banner, if the mood takes you, and finish what you start. Those are some of the good qualities of being a fan-fic writer, not just merely writing stories. ^_^

Mulan - I'll make a Man out of you song: Pretty catchy song. =D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSS5dEeMX64&feature=channel_page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Psycho French Horn Almighty God of Soccer Tennis Bugler
Banned Member
Warned Members
Elite

Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 04:58:26 pm »

Hmm... This looks interesting. I'll have to wait a bit before fully dedicating my time to make a sign-up however, but don't count me out or in just yet. This is not a reservation.
Report Spam   Logged

This member has been permanently banned from Aisenfield.
Kendrix
Guardian Of The Timeline
Resident

Elemental Master Of Water and Ice

Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Level 5 Search Linux User
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 08:38:13 pm »

This rp looks rather interesting, save me a spot and i'll post my sign up by Sunday.
Report Spam   Logged

It seems as though, for better or for worse.... I'm Back

I had Kendra on my mind when I was replying for some odd reason...>_>;

Why, the world shall never know...
Ali
Greenhorn

Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter Level 3 Level 2
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 09:46:45 pm »

This sounds interesting. I think It's time I resumed activity here. I'll add in a profile later; that is, if you'll accept me.
Report Spam   Logged
Arctic master
Resident

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 10:10:40 pm »

Hey, I'm accepting everyone. I'm just waiting for a registration! DX The rules state for other people not to rush the start of the RP, but I'm gonna bend the rule, as the RP creator... I'M READY TO START THIS RP!! ... Phew, got that outta my system.

Though really, guys, feel free to post your Registrations. It's open to everyone.
Report Spam   Logged

People should stop writing fan-fics, if they're expecting support to continue them. If you want to start a fan-fic(or fan-FICS) You should write them because YOU want to, not because of how many people post or good comments you get on them. Still, put both quality and quantity(in paragraphs) in your work, add a banner, if the mood takes you, and finish what you start. Those are some of the good qualities of being a fan-fic writer, not just merely writing stories. ^_^

Psycho French Horn Almighty God of Soccer Tennis Bugler
Banned Member
Warned Members
Elite

Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009, 12:40:21 am »

Alright, alright... I'll resume my sign-up.
Report Spam   Logged

This member has been permanently banned from Aisenfield.
Ali
Greenhorn

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2009, 09:17:33 pm »

OK. Time I started on my signup.

Power to the Writers...

Creator
Name: Ali

Appearance: Usually, I appear concealed in a dark silver shroud, though I sometimes appear as a doppelganger instead.

Personality: Ali scouts out the scenarios carefully to determine potential paths. Ali like the characters to face reasonable challenges, though this time, things will probably be different...
Ali also dislike leaving a story unfinished once it gets off the ground, which becomes a prime motivation.
Ali likes to reason things out before taking action. Unfortunately, he can find himself paralyzed when he or his characters find themselves in confrontations with too many unknown variables.

Power: In addition to warping reality by creating ripple effects through pseudomagical gestures, He can create decoy clones for quick escapes.

Other: Nothing really.

Character

Name: Ali Terrence Ruby

Appearance: This character has a slim build, slightly tanned skin, and his hair color is a natural white. His normal clothing is a stout cloak with volumous interior pockets over a blackish red outfit. He also wears a belt under that cloak.

Personality: This person tends to be a quiet person, coming from years of keeping secrets. He always tries to act in the interests of justice and for the safety of others, particularly what few friends he manages to make. He is willing to face any threat no matter how big (and he's seen some big threats), for the safety of others.
However, deep down, he feels a deep grief and disappointment in himself for not doing enough fast enough to save his original world. And that was only the first time...

Background history: Ali Terrence Ruby was once a pokemon trainer who was drawn into the sidelines of an adventure that threatened a pokemon world. He was recruited in the background by an organization that observed worlds (TTT, also my creation) as an agent. He was to join another group that would end up supporting the chosen ones. However, even though the chosen ones saved that world, the damage to it's foundations was too severe and it collapsed under the weight of it's existance. Ali Ruby was plucked from the dying world in the last minute...

Despite his initial failure, the agent was used in several other occasions in the future, however, each mission ended without a conclusion. In the end, the organization decommisioned him. Leaving him on a world newly formed. That would seem to be the end of his story, until a strange reflection would appear with a challenge...

Power: In addition to his skills with a staff, Ali Ruby has the power to create a field of "doubletime" around himself (think Haste). He can also use a couple of powder-based techniques (Silver Wind, mostly). What pokemon he has might be used, or they might not.

Starting world: "Zero Beach", or that's his name for it. "Formed when the waves of chaos rolled back..."

Other: Mr. Ruby was a bug-type specialist. The organization mentioned  above will probably not appear.

If there are any problems, I'll see what I can do.
Report Spam   Logged
Kendrix
Guardian Of The Timeline
Resident

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2009, 10:01:10 pm »

Power to the Writers

Name: Kendrix

Appearance: Due to the fact that Kendrix is in the real world most of the time, the clothes he wears changes daily. He likes to keep his outfits simple and thus wear a pair of jeans and a t shirt when ever he is going out somewhere. Kendrix’s clothes in the real world don’t really vary from season to season due, to where he lives.

In any other realm, Kendrix’s outfit normally consists of pair of long faded black jeans, and plain black T shirt, with the image of a flame on it, printed in white. Also Kendrix wears a plain white Hoodie, which is almost always unzipped. Around his neck, he wears a sliver chain, the pendant of which is hidden underneath his black shirt. Another accessory he wears is a watch on his right hand, which reminds him of the time in his realm.

Personality: Kendrix is a rather kind individual, who is almost always ready to help almost any one with anything, if he knows the person. He is rather quiet most of the time, and likes to think of the consequences of everything before he makes a move.

When it comes to his characters, Kendrix would much rather alter small events around them to steer them on the path he wants them on, than force them to do what he wants by altering their personalities. Also Kendrix prefers to out of his own stories, preferring the role as narrator, and thus all of his characters had no idea who he was, until he reveled himself to them.

Power: Illusion – Kendrix can make others see, hear, smell, and even touch things that aren’t there. His mastery over this power, allows him to trap multiple people in different illusion without too much trouble. He mostly uses this ability as a way of altering the world around him.

Reality Bending- Being a writer, Kendrix has gained the ability to alter reality, whenever he wants to or feels it’s necessary. Due to unknown circumstances, he can only invoke this power by creating an illusion of the object he wants, and then channeling his reality bending powers to it.

Other: None

Name: Shari Ann Robinson

Appearance: Shari stands at about an average height of five feet and seven inches. Her shoulder length hair is light brown with almost chocolate brown highlights. Shari skin is slightly tanned due to the amount of time she spends outside on a daily basis. Her emerald green eyes shine beautifully in the light.

Shari’s usual outfit consists of a dark green spaghetti strap blouse, and her favorite pair of plain white jeans. On her feet, Shari prefers the comfort of her light green sandals to the normal high heels shoes that her friends wear. Shari normally accessorizes her outfit by wearing a thin grape vine on her right hand, which she can manipulate incase there are no plants around.

Personality: Shari simply likes to go along with whatever is currently happening. She rarely gives his opinion on anything, but she will if the group she is with is taking too long to make a decision. She is very polite however, and will respond if talked to, albeit in an undecided sort of way. Shari’s intentions are good overall, but he prefers not to take sides. Often times, she will say yes, simply to avoid saying no, which often gets her into large amounts of trouble. When in a fight Shari tends to try and restrain and subdue her opponents rather than attacking them head on.

If you befriend Shari, she is very kind, sweet, and caring. You'll see that Shari is rather sarcastic at times. She also loves to laugh and smile, but can be serious if the moment calls for it. Shari is also an extremely loyal person to those she considers her friends

Background history:  Shari lived her life rather normally. She discovered her powers at a young age and went on many journeys through different realms. Shari wasn’t aware of he creator’s influence over her, since he would rather manipulate her circumstances and have her figure out a way on her own. For her birthday, her creator finally decided to reveal himself to her, causing her to question the very nature of her existence.

Power:  Plant Manipulation –Shari has the ability to accelerate and animate the growth of plants. These plants are mostly in the form of a vine, due to the fact that anything thicker wouldn’t be fast enough to catch her opponents.

Starting world: Realm Of Aires

Other: None
Report Spam   Logged

Arctic master
Resident

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2009, 01:07:29 pm »

God, I nearly forgot about this RP.

Kendra: Accepted.

Ali: You forgot something. But I won't say what.  Wink Read the rules and you'll see what I mean.

I'll start this up if we can get one more RPer into play.
Report Spam   Logged

Ali
Greenhorn

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2009, 04:55:50 pm »

Fine. I edited.
Report Spam   Logged
Arctic master
Resident

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2009, 11:56:20 am »

((OOC: There we go, Ali. Accepted.

Sorry about the long wait. I thought by NOW we'd gotten one more RP, but apparently not. DX Oh well, time to punch it.))

It was another generic adventure Arctic was being put through. Arctic could only drag his feet in exhaustion, he really didn't want to go through with this. He's been on this adventure three times, to be exact, the story never seemed to differ. Arctic would train his ass off, beat down the enemy and become famous. It happened all the time. Was the creator lacking ideas? Was he doing this on purpose? Arctic didn't seem to recall doing anything wrong to deserve this; unless being born was the only thing he did wrong.

Arctic stopped, against his will to keep going on this generic adventure. He looked at the Pokéballs he carried. He looked at how he was dressed. It was too much. One man must not be forced to live the same ol' story more than once. He clenched the balls he had in his hand and threw them in the bushes.

"No more..." he muttered. "That's enough!" he then shouted.

For some reason, Arctic felt fantastic. In fact, he felt better than ever. He wasn't bound down by the material items in this world. He was his own man. He felt free. However, as he started to laugh about his achievement, a powerful voice boomed down over him.

Arctic, what the hell do you think you're doing?! the voice boomed. Go and retrieve your Pokéballs! Get back to your journey!

"SCREW YOU, A.M.!" Arctic shouted to the sky. It made him feel even better.

Wh-what?! Do you recall what I did to you the LAST time you told me that?! Don't make me have to come down there and kick your ass!

"Come down here if you want! See if I care! But here's the thing; I QUIT!" Arctic ran off, opposite to where he threw his Pokéballs. He was feeling better than he had before, never feeling the rush of being bound down by his creator. It felt fantastic. He felt he could do anything now. The feeling made him so giddy, he was laughing maniacally about being free.

The writer, A.M., only fell silent, as his creation ran off on him. ... He's lost it...

After getting some distance, Arctic stopped and realized something. He wasn't alone. Arctic had met several characters in the past that was too cool (or not so much) for A.M. to have made. He also realized that those characters wasn't made by A.M. They were other creator's characters. If they were other creators' characters, chances were that they were also bound to the same rules that Arctic felt he was once bound by. If that was the case, Arctic felt he had some work to do.

All his life, Arctic despised his creator. He hated him, so it seemed. He loathed him. If there were other creators, chances were that their characters loathed them as well. At that moment, Arctic created a new purpose; to free those characters of those creators that forced them through the same pain he did, or similar pain. After all, his creator had given him an unusual gift, unaware that he might ever turn on him, like he did now. Sure, he did turn on him in the past, but this was nothing compared to the similar situation he experienced now. Arctic was surely sick of this routine he had to pull day in and day out and he was sure others were too.

With the snap of his fingers, Arctic teleported to a region that broke all boundaries as well as held his ticket to the other worlds to alert the other characters about their creators...

I could hardly believe what just happened. My words jumped off the keypad and the next thing I know, my character had gone astray. The only words I could utter were "What the hell?" I knew Arctic was somewhat unstable but that just broke the boundary...

Logic told me to simply destroy him, while he's still in his phase where he could think that he had the world in the palm of his hands; to knock him down quickly while he's climbing to the top. To do what I always do and screw up his otherwise awesome plan. But as I was about to type in the next words to Arctic's demise, I stopped. I had to admit, I was pretty interested in this little game Arctic wanted to play with me. He truly thinks that even with part of my power, he had all the elements to stop me. What Arctic failed to realize was that, even with his power to bend reality at his will, us creators were, in no way, bound to the world they resided in.

Instead of lecturing Arctic about it and putting a stop to this little moment in history he's trying to create, I kicked back and watched the words type itself out, as Arctic made his own story. This was going to be worth an epic laugh or two, I bet.
Report Spam   Logged

Kendrix
Guardian Of The Timeline
Resident

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2009, 12:25:18 am »

((Sorry about not posting sooner, but March is a rather hectic month for me right now))
======================================================================================

The answers you seek,

Begins with others like you,

Finding them, your quest.

“Why can’t you just answer my questions directly, Kendrix ?!” Shari shouted, as soon as she finished reading the test message, she was just sent.

There was no answer, only the sound of some nearby birds seemed to respond to her as she stared at her emerald green eyes, in the lake. She started to think about the day Kendrix reveled himself to her and basically told her that her whole life was a story, to be read and enjoyed by friends and family. She pondered about the thought of her every action and the actions of everyone around her being controlled, by one person and whether she had any free will what so ever.

“Fine, I’ll play your little game” Shari said, “and get the answers to my questions as a reward”

With that the green eyed teenage girl headed off in order to find out more information about her creator and see if she could find other people who felt as trapped as she did. While she didn’t know where to even start, she felt as if she had to complete this test, even if it took her a lifetime.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elsewhere I watched in silence as words began to form on a blank page on my laptop, as if someone else was writing my story. While I did send that text message to her I didn’t realize that it would have caused her to act the way she did. She acted as if, I controlled her every movement, but in actual fact she wrote her own story, and I just added a bit of excitement to it.

“Go ahead, darling” I said, as I read the story which I had no intension of editing. “I’ll be watching and waiting”

I smiled, as I got up from my seat and quickly took out a soda from a nearby fridge. I wouldn’t want to miss such an interesting legacy in the making.
Report Spam   Logged

Ali
Greenhorn

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2009, 06:51:24 pm »

Ali Terrence Ruby looked around at his surroundings. The closest landmark was one he had made himself: a small driftwood shack, of poor construction but with unusual materials, for one thing none of the wood used in it's construction had ever come from a boat. Most of the surroundings were seemingly endless water, the shack was built above a small sandy peninsula, which would have been a problem on some other worlds, but this one seemed to have no tide. On the land side, the sand met a small ridge where small grasses and shrubs started to grow. A few fruit bearing trees were at the edge of his vision - which was strangely cut off by a thick fog; Ali Ruby found this fog disturbingly familiar, but he had investigated it when he first arrived and although it didn't feel natural, it seem harmful either.

Ali turned back to the ocean. The wind was week at the moment, which gave the water the appearance of a set of shifting mirrors. He stared at his reflection, as though he was expecting it to answer,
which he really wasn't as shown by his reaction when it did.

"Hmph. Look at yourself Ali."
Ali stepped back in shock, the reflection stayed where it was. "What the? ...Some sort of hallucination?"
"I'm no mere hallucination. But what I am... is disappointed. No wonder the organization kicked you out if this is all you can do.
Ali had grabbed a long stave that he had left planted in the sand beside him and adopted an offensive stance. "Do you have some sort of point you intend to make, or are you just going to lie in there and throw insults?"
The reflection folded it's arms and gave itself a smile the trainer hadn't allowed himself for some time"This place you're in is quite fascinating in case you didn't notice. Fully formed, and yet unfinished..."
"...This is your point?"
"Such a place would be a logical place for various things to turn up... maybe even a way out. If I've calculated correctly, you'll be having a visitor here soon; One with a very interesting story..."

As the echoing voice faded away, a wind stirred up, scattering the mirrored water every which way. Ali walked backwards, not trusting the water with his back until he felt a dirt wall with the back of his foot; at which point he turned around and stared into the mist.
''A logical place for things to turn up,' huh? That part's true. A world like this won't have any defenses against outside forces; probably why I'm here to begin with. But whatever that thing was, I don't trust it one bit...'

-------------------------------------------------------

So he doesn't trust my message. That doesn't surprise me. Maybe I should have been more open with him, but I think this is something he should figure out on his own. I've opened up that world, now it's time to see what manner of being comes in.

{Since I decided to build a world from scratch, I hope I was descriptive enough. As for the difference between my intro and the others, well, I'll just say that info will be revealed somehow and very soon}
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum