Aisenfield
March 28, 2024, 12:30:51 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mods > Gods; Administration Center > Olympus

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

A Generic Pokemon Epoch with hella plot twists.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Generic Pokemon Epoch with hella plot twists.  (Read 2036 times)
Psycho French Horn Almighty God of Soccer Tennis Bugler
Banned Member
Warned Members
Elite

Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2009, 10:25:59 pm »

Holy crap. This chapter is hella long....

Chapter 13: Mayhem in the Mountain Town
   Jake woke up early the next day to pack. He was also thinking of going to the Dragon’s Den to catch a Dratini before finding refuge elsewhere. Jim was already awake as well. Jake told him what he was going to do, but received an unexpected response of a shake of the head.
   “You’ll need to beat Clair, the gym leader here,” Jim told him. “With an abnormally strong Glaceon, that should be really easy. You’ll need your Jolteon to beat her Kingdra. You should catch a Horsea, too. They can be pretty useful for escapes and Kingdra is pretty powerful.”
   “Okay. So I should go and battle Clair?”
   “Yep, you have to in order to get into the Dragon’s Den. I’ll battle her first so you can see her Pokemon and her style.”
   They walked around Blackthorn City and they made it to a hill. On the top was the Blackthorn City gym.  They walked up street to the gym and went inside. It was pitch black. A voice emanated around them. “What do you want? A battle?”
   “Yes. I’m first.” Jim walked up to her.
   “Oh, how nice. A local is challenging his first gym. Dragonair, go!” She sent out her first Pokemon. “What do you have? I hope you have four Pokemon.”
   Jim smirked.
   “Go Sneasel!” Sneasel punched the ground and made a small frozen puddle.
   A bunch of people walked into the gym. Jake heard a bunch of mingled conversation: “I heard Jim was challenging Clair… I wonder how this will go… I heard he has someone else with him…” Eventually, the stands around the battlefield were filled and everyone was talking and the first move hadn’t even been dealt.
   “Sneasel, start this off with Metal claw!” shouted Jim.
   Sneasel jumped onto Dragonair and slashed at it with its claws, causing Dragonair to whine in pain.
“Don’t give it a break!” Jim implied. “Use Fury swipes!”
   Sneasel began scratching the Dragonair randomly, doing lots of damage.
   “Dragonair, use Dragon breath!” shouted Clair.
   The Dragonair shot hot flames out of its mouth right at Sneasel.
   “Sneasel, dodge with agility!”
   Sneasel’s tail only got hit as it narrowly escaped.
   “Now let’s use that TM that I gave you. Use Ice punch!”
   Sneasel jumped up and smashed Dragonair in the head with the Ice punch and froze the skin.
   “Now hit it that ice chunk with beat up!”
   Sneasel randomly kicked, punched, slashed and head butted the chunk of ice. The Dragonair melted the ice with Drgaonbreath with a last attempt to get at Sneasel and fell over. It had fainted.
   The crowd erupted into applause and the hidden announcer finally spoke through the intercom.
“…And Clair just lost her first Pokémon. Which will she use next?” said a voice through a sound system.
Clair sent out another Dragonair.
   “Dragonair, use Fire blast!”
   The fresh Dragonair hit the Sneasel with a powerful fire blast, knocking it out in one hit.
   “Dangit! Good job, Sneasel, return.”
   “…This is an intense battle. What will Jim use now?”
   Jim took a Pokéball out and threw it.
   “It’s a Vulpix!” exclaimed the announcer. “I wonder what Jim has up his sleeve right now.”
   “Vulpix, use Sunny day and blind Dragonair! Blind everyone!”
   Vulpix used sunny day and no one could see anything. When the light died down, there were holes all over the battle field and Vulpix was no where to be found.
   “Vulpix, use double team!” ordered Jim and a Vulpix popped out of each of the holes.
   “Dragonair, start attacking all of them before it can do anything!”
   Dragonair used thunder and the Vulpix all popped back into the hole.
   “Vulpix, pop out of the holes until you’re behind it and then use Psychic!” screamed Jim.
   Dragonair began playing a really bad game of Whack-a-Mole and then Vulpix popped out of the hole from under it and shot an aura of telekinetic energy at the Dragonair confusing it.
   “Now use Fire spin!” yelled Jim, on top of every detail.
   Vulpix jumped above Dragonair, opened its mouth and shot a cyclone of flaming death at the Dragonair, knocking it out.
   “…Wow, this is an amazing battle! Jim has three Pokemon left and Clair only has two left. What will she use now?”
   Clair sent out her prized Kingdra and Vulpix jumped into a hole.
   “Kingdra, use surf and flood the holes so that Vulpix has no where to go.”
   Kingdra opened its mouth and sent a flood over the field.
   “Vulpix get out of the holes!” Jim screamed at the top of his lungs.
   Vulpix jumped out of a hole just as a torrent of water surged into it. The field began to flood and the water level was rising. Vulpix jumped up onto a hill it made from digging.
   “Torch the water!”
   Vulpix used Flamethrower on the water, making it steam and after twenty seconds, the water began to boil and Kingdra had no where to go. It stopped using surf and began to try jumping out of the water but it fainted from the intense heat of the boiling water.
   “Now, Jim has a Vulpix and two more Pokemon left. Clair is down to her last Pokemon.” Clair threw the pokeball. “It’s another Dragonair!”
   “Dragonair, put this thing on ice. Use Icebeam!”
   Dragonair used Icebeam on the pool of water and then the Vulpix had nowhere to go.
   “Use blizzard!” shouted Clair again.
    “Vulpix, use psychic!”
   As the snow and freezing cold wind neared Vulpix, she used psychic and redirected the twirling flurry of icy wind back toward Dragonair and hit it making it faint.
   The gym fell silent. Someone began a slow clap and the crowd erupted into applause.
   “…and the local miner, Jim, just won!” The crowd cheered.
   “Here’s the rising badge, Jim.” Clair tossed Jim the badge. “That was probably the most amazing fight I’ve ever had. I didn’t know a Vulpix could learn psychic.”
   “Mine can.” Jake walked to his side. “Oh, this is Jake. He wants a challenge, too,” Jim added.
   “Why?”
   “So I can get into the Dragon’s Den,” said Jake nonchalantly.
   “Could you challenge me later?” Clair asked.
   “I need dragon Pokémon, though.”
   “Why do you need dragon Pokémon?”
   “Because I’ve just decided to accompany him and decide whether or not he’d be a decent dragon tamer,” came a voice from behind.
   Lance walked over and put his hand on Jake’s shoulder.
   “Are you serious?” asked Clair. “This kid’s shorter than I am. He probably isn’t old enough to drink alcohol! I’m not even a tamer!” She began to curse.
   “I’m letting him into the den, though, he’ll be with me.” Lance turned back to Jake. “You’re right. You do need more Pokemon-whether they’re dragon or not. Let’s go.”
   Jim, Jake and Lance left the gym and Lance sent out his Gyardos which ferried them across the water to the Dragon’s Den. They went in as Jim flashed his rising badge to the old man guarding the door and Lance explained to him that Jake was with him. They went inside and saw a Dratini right off the bat.
   “Go ahead and catch it, Jake.”
   Jim walked off and got out a fishing rod and began to fish for Magikarp.
   “Glaceon, go!”
   Glaceon looked at Jake waiting for orders.
   “Well, use Ice beam!”
   Glaceon used Ice beam and the Dratini got angry and used Dragon rage, causing the water to slosh all around the cave.
   “Glaceon, dodge with swift and use bite!”
   Glaceon did a 180 side flip and rushed at the Dratini, biting down on its neck.    “Great. Hold it there!” Jake threw a Pokéball at the flailing Dratini and it went in.    Glaceon jumped back ready to attack if it didn’t work, but the ball stopped twitching and Glaceon picked up the ball to run it back to Jake to drop it into his hand as he crouched down.
   “Good job, Glaceon,” said Jake as he pet his head.
   Jim walked over. “Here’s a Magikarp,” he said handing Jake a ball. “That should be good. You have ten pokemon now.”
   “You’re definitely ready to be a tamer and if not a trainer,” said Lance. They heard screams from outside. “What’s that?”
   Clair ran inside followed by thousands of people living in Blackthorn City.
   “Rockets attacked Blackthorn City from Violet City and from the south from route 45. My pokemon are worthless right now. I have to go see the elders. They have a private Pokémon Center.”
   “We can hold out in this cave only for so long,” said Lance. “There’s no food. We have plenty of water, though.”
   “Shouldn’t we at least try to fight them off?” asked Jake surprised by their lack of thinking.
   “You’re right, we should.” Lance ran over to a tall rock spire and jumped up onto it. “People of Blackthorn City!” he yelled over the screams. “Listen to me!”
   They all quieted down. “We cannot hide in this cave for long. We have no food and there is no way out. Our only way out is through there.” He pointed to the entrance where Jim’s Golem had placed a boulder in the way. “We must stand and fight and defend our town. If they take Blackthorn City, they will take the Dragon Den, the source of the most powerful pokemon in the world. If you have pokemon, follow me and we will fight. If your pokemon need healing, heal them at the elder’s Pokémon Center farther in the cave. Let’s go!” Jim’s Golem lifted the boulder and threw it at the group of Machamp using rock smash on the boulder. All of the Blackthorn Citizens sent out there pokemon. Most of them were dragon and ice Pokemon from the Ice Cave and Dragon Den. Jim, Jake, Lance and Clair led the way, though they were soon separated.
   I wonder how useless Magikarp really are… Jake took out his Magikarp and threw it in the water. It began to splash around. Great… It should make an excellent dinner. Just as he was about to return his Magikarp, a Fearow swooped down and snatched it from the water. The Magikarp began to glow and turned into a Shining Red Gyardos. “No way!” Jake exclaimed.
   Gyardos began to fall back into the water with the Fearow in its mouth. The Fearow wriggled out and Gyardos used Hyper beam on it. The Fearow fell back and landed on top of the gym and then disappeared in a red flash.
   Gyardos rushed back over to Jake. He clambered onto it and sent out his Glaceon and Vaporeon into the water. Then he sent out his Jolteon which jumped onto Vaporeon and his Leafeon which jumped on Glaceon’s back.
   “Attack anything in the water,” he told them. Then he sent out his Wyverneon and then his Flareon. “Wyverneon, carry Flareon around and the two of you need to attack any ice pokemon you see. Attack whatever else if you need to but ice is your main priority to protect Dragon Pokémon.” All of his pokemon nodded. “Espeon and Umbreon, you protect me and Gyardos.” He sent out his Dratini. “You swim in the water and draw the water pokemon to Jolteon and Leafeon as bait.” It almost jumped off the Gyardos. “Wait!” It came back. “Use thunderbolt on anything if you need to,” he said as he used a TM on it. “All of you go! The fate of Blackthorn City depends on you.” His pokemon swam or flew off attacking all of the Rocket Pokémon that they could.

Jim stood by the beach next to the lake with his Pikachu. It was attacking all the water pokemon that dared venture out of the water. “My stones!” he yelled. “Lance, let me borrow your Dragonite, really quick!”
   “Why?”
   “Because I left all of my stones I made at my house. I need them!”
   “You make evolution stones?” asked Lance confused.
   “Yes, it’s a long story. Just let me use one of your Dragonite really quick.”
   “Alright, just go really fast.” He whistled and one of the Dragonite in the sky flew back to him after it viciously annihilated a swarm of Beedrill. “Take Jim to his house and then bring him back here.” It nodded and let Jim climb onto his back as he returned his Pikachu.
   “Okay, Dragonite, fly as fast as you can.”
   Dragonite lifted off and Lance began punching out a Rocket Grunt that made it to the shore. After no more than a minute, they were at his house. Jim jumped off and ran inside before Dragonite could get its feet on the ground. He opened his safe and shoved all of his stones into a sack and ran back outside as it was hit by a rogue Fire blast from the battle to the north. He jumped back up onto Lance’s Dragonite.
   “Let’s go. Drop me off onto Jake’s Gyardos.”
   Dragonite lifted off again and flew even faster and stopped just as suddenly flapping its wings over Jake’s Gyardos.
   “Thanks again, Dragonite.”
   It nodded and flew up and used a hyper beam on an unsuspecting Crobat.
   “Jim, what are you doing?” asked Jake. “There’s not that much room on Gyardos.
   “Your Gyardos would do a lot more damage if it could go underwater but it can’t with you on its back.”
   “I see. Gyardos, take us to land.”
   With a roar of agreement, Gyardos swam over and they jumped off and Gyardos descended into the lake. An overgrown Arbok was slithering over the water at an alarming rate.
   “Espeon, get it!”
   Espeon used Psybeam and the Arbok flew back into the water.
   “Pikachu, are you ready?”
   Pikachu nodded and Jim took out a thunderstone from the sack he had shouldered.
   “Okay, Pikachu, there’s no turning back. Are you sure?”
   He nodded again and jumped up again to Thundershock a random Golbat.
   “Here it goes.”
   Jake handed the Pikachu the thunderstone and it began to shine white and morphed into a Raichu.
   “Alright, help defend the beach,” Jim told it. “Now remember that water and flying Pokémon are your main priority.”
   Raichu nodded and ran around and attacked a large Slowbro with Thunder. Jim evolved Vulpix and Growlithe which turned into a flaming Ninetales and Arcanine. They began to attack the unprotected ice and grass Pokémon.
   The Pokémon battled on for hours as red flashes filled the sky and ground when a Pokémon was unable to continue fighting.
   Considering we’re non-professional Pokémon trainers and we’re outnumbered, we’re doing really well., thought Jake. Then he saw something. It was clothed in black and had a large tail like a gerbil’s. It was Brett’s Mewtwo.
   “Espeon, teleport us to the other side of the lake,” said Jake, knowing that he had to do this.
   In the blink of an eye, he, Espeon and Umbreon were on the other side of the lake, facing Brett and his Mewtwo.
   “Ready for a two on two battle?” asked Brett, sending out his Lucario and his Mewtwo ripped off its black cloaks.
   “Why do you dress it like that?” asked Jake, with his arms folded.
   “So no one can tell what it is except for those who have seen it already. Lucario, move quickly and use Dynamic punch on the Umbreon. Mewtwo, use Mega kick on the Espeon!”
   Mewtwo jumped up in the air and landed down where Espeon was. Lucario ran to Umbreon and punched at it.
   “Umbreon, dodge with Swift! Espeon, use Quick attack to jump above him and then use Bite!”
   Umbreon side stepped to its left and dodged the Dynamic punch that Lucario had shot at it and Espeon jumped back as Mewtwo landed down on the ground and a cloud of dust rose. When the dust receded, Mewtwo was in the middle of a small crater and Espeon was coming down onto it, sunk its teeth into Mewtwo’s neck. Mewtwo began flailing around and it finally threw off the Espeon which landed on its feet in front of Brett.
   “Umbreon, get away from Lucario and use Crunch on Mewtwo!”
   Umbreon dove at Mewtwo evading another one of Lucario’s attacks and opened its mouth wide.
   “Espeon, attack Lucario with Psybeam until it faints!” yelled Jake, willing to try anything. “Just stay away from its attacks if you can.
   Espeon faced the unsuspecting Lucario and shot a beam of energy out of its eyes, blasting Lucario flat on its back. It had fainted.
   “Mewtwo, use Safeguard!” shouted Brett, moving Mewtwo to the defensive for the first time that he could remember. He had never had Mewtwo use a defensive technique before today, but squashed whatever unpleasant thoughts he could out of his head.
   Mewtwo moved its arms and created a barrier in front of it and Umbreon was knocked back after its attempt at a Crunch. It got up and began hopping around the Mewtwo, waiting for it to lower its guard.
   “Umbreon, use Faint-attack!” shouted Jake, looking for a way to break through.
   Umbreon jumped one way faking an attack and then flipped around and bit Mewtwo on the back. Mewtwo tried reaching back, but couldn’t reach Umbreon.
   “Mewtwo, fall back with a body slam!” yelled Brett, thinking he had Jake now.
   Mewtwo jumped up and began falling on its back.
   “Umbreon, use Quick attack and land on its chest to use crunch!”
   Umbreon fell to the ground and tried jumping out from under the Mewtwo. It just got out from beneath Mewtwo in time, but Mewtwo grabbed its tail.
   “Mewtwo, use seismic toss!”
   Mewtwo began to swing Umbreon around by the tail and then let it go. Umbreon soared up and began plummeting down.
   “Espeon, catch him with psychic!”
   Espeon’s eyes turned black and purple rings shot out of her eyes and Umbreon stopped falling a foot from the ground. It rolled in the air and Espeon let him go with Umbreon landed on its feet.
   “Umbreon, go left. Espeon, go right. The two of you make it dizzy somehow and then use Bite or Crunch.”
   “Lucario, return,” muttered Brett, just now noticing Lucario’s demise. “Mewtwo, don’t let down your guard. Use mist!”
   Mewtwo began breathing really hard and a thick fog enveloped the two trainers and their pokemon.
   “Umbreon, use moonlight and Espeon, use morning sun!” shouted Jake, already accustomed to his Pokémon’s movesets.
    The moon shone through the mist even though it was the middle of the day and Mewtwo was blinded by the sun that shone abnormally powerful. It blocked its eyes with its arm.
   “Espeon, rush Mewtwo and use Bite!”
   Espeon jumped at Mewtwo’s arm and bit down hard.
   “Umbreon, when Mewtwo moves its arm, use shadow ball and hit it in the face!”    Mewtwo shook its arm, trying to get Espeon off. Umbreon’s shadow formed into a ball of darkness and hit Mewtwo in the face, knocking him off his feet.
   “…Mewtwo?” whimpered Brett. He ran through the mist to his fallen pokemon. “Mewtwo!” It didn’t answer. Jake walked over next to his Espeon and Umbreon who were panting from exhaustion and just barely standing up.
   “Good job,” Jake told them and he returned them.
   Brett stood up and began to shake with anger.
   “You!” he pointed at Jake and then he ran over and tackled him. He held him on the ground and punched him in the face thrice. “How did you do it?” he asked, grabbing his shirt and punching him again. “You must have cheated. No one can beat Mewtwo! What did you do to him?”
   “Brett…” Mewtwo lifted its hand and pushed Brett off of Jake with Psychic and then dropped its arm. “Stop… It was a fair fight. He won.”
   Brett got up and kicked Jake in the stomach. Jake coughed and spat up blood.
   “I’ll get you later. Mewtwo, return!”
   He returned Mewtwo and sent out his Aerodactyl and looked around. All the Rockets that he had led into battle had been forced to retreat and the citizens of Blackthorn had been watching the entire battle in awe while their Pokémon drove off the last of their foes.
   “Aerodactyl, get me out of here. Take me back to Violet City.”
   Brett jumped up onto Aerodactyl and they flew southwest to Sprout Tower.
   Jim and Lance rushed to Jake the Blackthorn people began to murmur and whisper. Clair began to clap slowly and the rest followed and they erupted in applause. Jim and Lance supported Jake as they began to drag him to the Pokemon center. Clair stood in their way.
   “That was amazing, Jake. You truly are trainer material. You’re the only person I’ve seen defeat him like so since we were kids.”
   Jake’s mind began churning. Since they were kids?
   Clair bent over and kissed his cheek. “I’d like to battle you before you leave.” She took a small gem from her pocket-it was the rising badge-and pinned it to Jake’s blood-stained shirt. “You earned it.”
   “Thank you…” breathed Jake. He coughed up more blood. Nurse Joy ran down the road from the Pokémon Center.
   “Move, get out of my way!” She stopped in front of Jake. “Oh my goodness! Chansey, can you heal him?” Her Chansey behind her jumped up and used soft-boiled on Jake and he stopped coughing up blood, but his stomach still hurt and he had bruises all over his body. “You need to rest. Take him to the pokemon center so we can heal his Pokémon. They must be tired, too.”
   Jake’s Gyardos was still in the water, but his Dratini was nowhere to be found and then they noticed an unclaimed Dragonair. His Wyverneon, Leafeon, Glaceon, Jolteon, Vaporeon and Flareon ran over to him. Jake returned them all and then called back his Gyardos and newly evolved Dragonair which he smiled at the thought before fainting from dehydration.
   “Wow, he’s out cold,” said Jim as he slapped his face lightly. He and Lance dragged him to the pokemon center with Clair behind them.
   Clair told one of the refs to put a come back later sign on her gym door who ran off to follow her orders. They went into the Pokémon Center and laid Jake down on one of the beds while Jim, Lance and Clair sat down in the chairs around it.
   “We should tell him the truth about Brett when he gets up…” started Lance. “The full truth.”

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Told ya.
Report Spam   Logged

This member has been permanently banned from Aisenfield.
Banned Member
Warned Members
Elite

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2009, 12:22:12 am »

Chapter 14: Into the Lair

Clarice ran through the forest scared half to death to the sudden disappearance of Sam with her Ursaring right behind her. She couldn't see anything and clothes lined herself on a low tree branch.

Back at the Hotel...
   Eugene went inside with his freshly caught Sunkern, Abra and Chikorita and healed them at the Pokémon Center in the lobby before proceeding back up to her room. A few minutes later, Janice came in. She let her new Poliwag and Bellsprout out; both of whom instantly fell asleep on the couch in the TV room.
   "We just need to wait for Sam and Clarice," said Eugene falling onto the bed and putting his hands behind his head.
"Yeah..." droned Janice.
   They waited for a half-hour, watching Pokéball of Fortune, laughing at the contestants for their idiocy.
   "Where are they? We said we'd meet back here at 10:00,” said Eugene.
   "Yeah. It's already too dark to look for them, though. They'll wander in later hopefully."
   "I hope so." Janice went into her room and went to bed.
Eugene sat alone. I hope so, too. He laid on his bed, thinking, unable to sleep. He walked back out to the TV room and sat down next to Janice's pokemon on the couch. He turned on the TV and watched the news. The Mahogany soccer team lost again but they did beat Cherrygrove City in the Dueling Team in a close fight between a Lickitung and an Ariados. The door knob turned and Sam came in with bruises and burns all over him, his clothes were torn and he was carrying an injured Cyndaquil.
   "Sam!" shouted Eugene. At this Janice came out still dressed.
   "What happened?" she asked. "Where's Clarice?"
   "I don't know," replied Sam who put down the Cyndaquil on the couch and began to spray it with potions provided by the hotel on the table.
   "Tell us what happened." Eugene pulled out a chair and pushed Sam into it.
   Sam took a deep breath before he recounted the events. "Clarice and I didn't catch anything and then we got lost in the dark. Then we turned around and began to head back. Suddenly, something caught my eye. I looked and it was an Arbok using glare. I was paralyzed.
   "Clarice kept on walking unaware that she had passed me and I couldn't tell her. Suddenly, a Dark Elite walked up to me and returned his Arbok. A Machamp picked me up. The rocket took a berry and put it into my mouth and I lost my paralysis. The Machamp covered my mouth and face so I couldn't say or see anything. I was carried down a trapdoor to the underground. We must have walked about 15 minutes when we finally stopped. I saw Leo. He was behind bars, tied up and immobile while his pokemon were wearing collars which prevented them from using any of their attacks aside from tackle and tail whip. I tried to get away but the Machamp held me still. Just as it almost threw me into a cell, a Cyndaquil melted its way through its cage and used an Ember, hitting the Machamp in the back of the head. It dropped me and I punched the dark elite in the face. The Machamp reached for me with a mega punch but Cyndaquil jumped in front of me and took the hit. The Machamp began to hit it with karate chops and dynamic punches. I sent out my Alakazam and took it out with three hits. I tried to get Alakazam to teleport me inside Leo's cell, but more dark elites and grunts came from all sides of the hall way. We had no time so I grabbed Cyndaquil and Alakazam teleported us in front of the hotel. I'm sorry." Sam put his head into his hands and cried. "He was right there and I couldn't do anything."
   "It's okay." Eugene scratched his head. "Could you find your way back?"
   "No. They probably got Clarice, too," he sobbed some more. "It's hopeless. We can't do anything. Giovanni cloned your master ball and Brett moves freely throughout Johto with an endless supply of master balls. There's nothing we can do. They'll probably move Leo tonight and we can't stop them!"
   Janice stood up, walked over to him and slapped him in the face. He stopped crying.
   "That's enough!” she shouted, sternly. “There's always hope. We can beat them. We won't be able to if you keep crying like this. Seriously! We have to just get up and go find Clarice and the trapdoor you went down. Now let's go!"
   "Just a sec. I have to grab my things." Eugene ran into his bedroom, snatched what he had unpacked and then he repacked with haste and sprinted back to Sam and Janice. "We're checking out."

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=

Blegh... I didn't remember writing such short chapters.
Report Spam   Logged

Banned Member
Warned Members
Elite

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2009, 12:46:46 am »

Due to the incredibly short nature of this chapter, I'm just pretending that it's the second half of the previous chapter and there really is no chapter 15. Holy crap, what happened to me during this phase?

Also, in this chapter, I'm introducing a guest character from the fanfic written by lordledge, a writer who increased in skill, vocabulary and captivating style faster than any author I've ever seen. He started out spelling words like 'to' wrong or made lots of comma errors and now, he's one of my favorite authors. You can find his works on Dox.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Chapter 15: Brett’s Story

Jake finally woke up the morning after his fight with Brett.
   “It’s about time,” started Lance. “Seriously, it’s almost noon.”
   “Tell me about Brett,” Jake said quickly, almost interrupting Lance remembering the last few words he heard before fainting from his fatigue.
   “Here’s the thing…” started Clair. “Brett grew up here in Blackthorn City. He’s my twin brother. When he turned ten, he was given a Dratini. It was his best friend. They were an amazing team. Brett was even being considered by the Pokemon league to be the next Blackthorn City gym leader. He went off when he was seventeen to catch Lugia.”
   “At the Whirl Islands,” interrupted Jim. “He got lost and his Dratini, which had evolved into Dragonair by now, got weak from the constant attacks. They finally found Lugia, but it got away. In the cave, Giovanni came and made a deal with him.”
   Lance popped into the conversation. “If Brett beat Giovanni in a battle, he’d get a free ride out, but if Giovanni won, Brett would have to work for Giovanni. They battled and Giovanni’s Nidoking used ice-beam on Dragonair which froze it solid. The Nidoking shattered the ice with a horn drill, killing Dragonair. Brett bred Dragonair with a Ditto before he left and it left an egg which hasn’t hatched yet. Anyway, Giovanni game him a Pichu egg, Riolu egg, Ponyta egg, Shellder egg and old amber. The old amber was resurrected into an Aerodactyl and the Pichu eventually evolved into a Raichu, Riolu into Lucario, Ponyta into Rapidash and Shellder into Cloyster.
   “Brett took on the gyms and lost against Clair the first time,” said Jim with Clair crying in the background. “Giovanni gave him Mewtwo he had and Brett finally defeated Clair. Giovanni let him keep Mewtwo for future missions. Mewtwo took a liking to Brett which was bad for Giovanni in the long run because he lost his most powerful pokemon.”
   Clair stopped crying. “Fortunately, Giovanni thinks that Brett has no feelings for moral beliefs. We think that if we can just get him to turn away from Giovanni and abandon him, he’ll be able to use Mewtwo to gain back peace and fight against Team Rocket.”
   “The problem is,” said Lance. “We don’t know who would be able to convert him back to our side.”
   There was a long pause. Jake finally broke the silence. “After spending my time around Giovanni in Goldenrod and his circle of crime, talking my way out of servitude just a little longer, Brett was always being yelled at by Giovanni. Giovanni always said: Kyle would have done better. To this, Brett always hung his head and nodded in agreement.”
Report Spam   Logged

Banned Member
Warned Members
Elite

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2009, 01:41:58 am »

Haven't posted in a while. I've been really busy.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Chapter 16: Into the Lair Part II
   Eugene, Janice and Sam made it to the top of the mountain after a speedy hike with a light to guide them this time. Unfortunately, they couldn’t find anything that got them closer to the Rocket hideout. Eugene got frustrated and hit a large boulder and fell down a staircase that appeared out of nowhere leading through the boulder. Janice quickly ran after him and the staircase disappeared again as Sam made it to the boulder. He paced around the boulder; hit it a few times with relentless bashings, but the staircase didn’t appear.
   “Typical,” Sam muttered as he leaned against the boulder.
   A voice emanated from the forest behind him. “I thought they’d leave you behind.”
   Sam jumped up and got out a Pokéball by instinctual reflex. Brett was standing there leaning against a tree casually with Mewtwo standing beside him.
   “What do you want?” asked Sam. “Where are your Dark Elites? I don’t see any. It’s almost bothering me.”
   “Giovanni agreed that letting me get rid of you alone was better than a whole bunch of us. We’d attract too much attention.”
   Brett pushed himself off the tree and walked over to Sam who began to back away. Brett sent out Cloyster, Raichu, Aerodactyl and Mewtwo hovered up behind them. “Let’s have a four on four battle.”
   “Fine by me,” replied Sam who took out four Pokéballs and sent out Golem, Scyther, Poliwrath and newly caught Cyndaquil. Sam didn’t wait a second for Brett to make the first move.
   “Golem go for Raichu with Dig, Scyther, use False swipe on Mewtwo, Cyndaquil, Flame wheel on Cloyster and Poliwrath, use Whirlpool on Aerodactyl. Avoid your weaknesses!” he added as they begun their attack.
   Cyndaquil hit Cloyster with a speedy first shot and sent it into the rock in a fiery blaze. Scyther faked out Mewtwo with its False swipe and then followed up with an array of acrobatics, hitting Mewtwo with its razor sharp scythes for arms. Poliwrath’s cyclone that descended from the sky missed Aerodactyl barely and demolished a nearby tree. Golem used Dig and was under Raichu which was about to jump at Poliwrath.
   “Mewtwo, use Barrier!” shouted Brett.
   Mewtwo put its arms up and blocked Scyther’s Sword dance.
   “Aerodactyl, use Wing attack! Raichu, hit Poliwrath with Thunder and Cloyster use Spike cannon, and I don’t care who you hit.”
   Aerodactyl moved first and slammed its wings into Poliwrath, knocking it back and then Raichu fried him with Thunder. Poliwrath had fainted, but Raichu was soon taken down by Golem which then used Seismic toss on it, throwing it into the boulder that Sam was leaning on earlier and Raichu fainted. Cyndaquil dodged the large spikes shot at it by the Cloyster which almost hit Sam.
   “Cyndaquil, hit its face with a Smokescreen and then hit it with Swift and Quick attacks!” yelled Sam, knowing he had to take out the other three Pokemon before going after Mewtwo.
   Cyndaquil breathed out smoke and blinded Cloyster which jumped and rolled around blindly. Cyndaquil then began to hit it around with Quick attack constantly, never giving Cloyster a chance to get the stinging feeling from its eyes. Soon, Cloyster stopped rolling around and Brett returned it along with the Raichu as Sam returned Poliwrath.
   “Golem, go for Aerodactyl with Rock throw. Keep it distracted while Cyndaquil blinds it with Smoke screen. Hopefully it will crash or not see the rocks coming.”
   They did so and Aerodactyl was soon overwhelmed by a barrage of rocks and it came plummeting down into the dirt raising dust everywhere. Brett had to return his third Pokemon. Mewtwo finally managed to hit back Scyther with a Confusion.
   “Scyther, use Double team!” yelled Sam.
   Scyther recovered from the attack in an instant and flew up and used Double team and its copies began to fly around the Mewtwo.
   “Ha! Mewtwo, you know what to do. Figure out which is the real one with Future sight and get rid of it with a Psychic,” laughed Brett.
   Mewtwo closed its eyes and opened them shortly, following a single image of Scyther.
   “Scyther, use Wing attack!” yelled Sam. Did he have Brett cornered yet?
   Scyther flew in and Mewtwo raised its hand and with Psychic, flung it around on the rocks and slammed it into the ground knocking it out with ease. Sam returned it with a growl.
   “You can’t win. My Mewtwo is just too strong for you. Give up now,” demanded Brett.
   “I’m outnumbering it two to one,” said Sam in a bluff.
   “That’s what you think.” Brett raised his arm straight into the air and snapped his fingers. On that cue, the bushes rustled procuring an entire army of Pokemon came out, followed by Dark Elites.
   Sam was flabbergasted. Not only had he gotten himself into a situation, Brett had just blatantly undermined the honesty that all trainers shared.
   “You said that-”
   “It’s called cheating; deal with it,” Brett interrupted with his hand still in the air. “You only have two Pokemon to a Mewtwo and every other Rocket here.” Brett lowered his arm ninety degrees and pointed at Sam and his pokemon. “Get him.”
   All the pokemon descended upon Sam and Golem abruptly threw him and Cyndaquil over the rush of pokemon into a soft patch of grass. He returned Cyndaquil and was just about to return Golem when a huge explosion sent him flying into the staircase boulder which knocked the wind out of him as well as the Pokéball out of his hand. Brett walked over and grabbed the fainted Golem’s empty Pokéball which had rolled away from Sam and returned it. He began to walk down the stairs that Sam’s impact on the boulder opened up again and stopped to turn to the dark elites.
   “Take him to headquarters in Sprout Tower,” Brett ordered. “Wait for me there before we turn him over to Giovanni.”
   The dark elites threw Sam into a van that had driven from an underground entrance and it drove off down the mountain path.
===============
   Clarice woke up to see her assailant tree branch above her with her Ursaring next to her. She got up and the Ursarang felt her rise, so it did, too. They walked up the mountain and Clarice heard a loud blast from the top of the mountain. Seeing smoke rise ominously, she began to run, only thinking about the others.
========
   Janice and Eugene were in front of Leo’s cell. He was asleep and the pokemon were twitching from the lack of sunlight.
   “Leo,” said Eugene. Leo stirred. He had been gagged. “We’re going to get you out of here.”
   Eugene’s Nidoking began to use horn drill on the bars and the Nidoqueen used fury swipes. Just as they broke through, the floor opened up and Leo fell down into a hole with his pokemon and the floor closed again.
   Eugene gasped and screamed in anger. When he finished his cry, he collapsed and knelt in the cell. Janice squatted and hugged him affectionately, but Eugene could feel no happiness or condolence. He had bee so close to getting his son back, but that was all lost once again and they were steps behind. They heard foot steps and shouts coming from the corridors around them.
   “We need to get out of here, Eugene.”
   “You’re right,” he replied. “I should have used this a while ago.”
   He sent out Ho-oh which burned a hole in the ceiling with a quick ember.
   “Ho-oh, fly us out.” He returned Nidoking and Queen, climbed onto Ho-oh’s back and flew up and away.

Clarice made it to a battle scarred field with boulders around the edges on which the sun was rising with its blood red rays flooding the grass and craters. Suddenly, a huge blast of flame came from the ground and Ho-oh flew out with Eugene and Janice on its back. She waved and the Ho-oh landed next to her. Eugene jumped off, returning Ho-oh.
   “Where’s Sam,” Clarice asked.
   “He wasn’t out here?” asked Janice looking confused. They looked at the clearing and noticed the battle scars and saw a glint of light on the ground next to the boulder. It was an identification tag for the Mahogany Police Department and engraved into it was: Samuel Davies.
Report Spam   Logged

Banned Member
Warned Members
Elite

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2009, 10:25:20 pm »

Here's where I actually introduce lordledge's character, Kyle. He's just bad ass as ****.

And yes, it's corny as hell.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Chapter 17: Brett’s Choice
   Brett walked into Giovanni’s office followed by two Dark elites escorting Sam whose Pokémon had been placed in his cell already with anti-move collars. Sam looked around and gasped. He was inside the top floor of the sprout tower. In the corner, Sam noticed his grandfather, the head sage. He tried to rush at him, but Giovanni took his arm and put him into a choke hold and threw him on the ground.
   “So you’re Eugene’s little bodyguard.”
   Sam looked up at the evil face that stared back down at him.
    “You’re doing a lot of good here at my mercy. I could have a Hypno force you to do my bidding, taking away your freewill; but I’m not going to do that. I’d much rather see you suffer in a ten by twelve cell for the rest of your life.” He laughed a cruel evil laugh. “Get him out of here.”
   The two Dark Elites kicked him until he got up and they began to push him to the stairs.
   “You’ll be glad to know that you’ll be sharing a cell next to your friend… What was his name again?” he asked sarcastically with that gleefully evil expression etched on his face.
   Sam tried to lunge at him but the Dark Elites stopped him and they forced him down the stairs.
   When Brett and Giovanni stopped hearing the struggling of Sam from the lower floors, Giovanni spoke up again. “I want to show you something. Come here.”
   He and Brett walked over to Giovanni’s desk and Giovanni took out a Pokéball with a large H on the top.
    “I call this the human ball,” he whispered to Brett. “Bring me the specimen.” A Dark Elite standing guard at the door walked over to Sam’s grandfather in the corner and dragged him across the floor and left him in front of Giovanni. “Now leave us.” The two dark elites left and went down stairs. “I have spent days and nights on this, eating coffee grounds to keep me awake. It’s my greatest invention yet.” He lifted his arm with the ball.
   “What are you doing?” asked Brett.
   “Hush. I’m making history… and an empire. Now watch.” He released the Pokéball from his grasp and it hit the sage who disappeared with a red flash into the ball. “Pretty tricky isn’t it?” Giovanni said casually. “I need you to take it to the factory we set up in the gym. Then start distributing them to the rest of the Rocket team.” He released the sage and held out the ball for Brett to take it.
   Brett backed away from it. Why do I work for him? I was only supposed to serve him for two years. Now he wants to capture people like Pokémon? Why? Why do we use Pokémon to battle. They might have feelings. How many Pokémon have died for me? What would my Dragonair think of me?  What do my other Pokémon think of me? Why should I work for him? “It’s not right. I won’t do it. People aren’t for catching and using as slaves.”
   “What would Kyle have done?”
   “He would have said no.”
   “You’ve never met Kyle. You don’t know how he is. He abandoned me because he was selfish. Now, do as I say before you follow Sam and Leo’s fate.”
   Brett hesitated and snatched the human ball out of Giovanni’s outstretched hand and walked away, fuming. He was at the bottom level when someone tapped his shoulder. There he was. His idol: Kyle. He looked the same as he did in the posters, calm, cool, casual, confident and someone who could be anyone’s friend.
   “Kyle!” he shouted. Kyle took his hand and covered Brett’s mouth.
   “I heard the whole conversation. You’re right. You have to destroy that human ball. If it is mass produced, the entire world will be annihilated as we know it.”
   “But I don’t want to betray Giovanni. He’s my master. He’s been so good to me. Besides, I don’t have a home to go to anymore. My life before Rocket is gone, now.”
   “I thought the same thing once, too. He helped me get to where I am today, but he used me to get where he is today, as well. Your sister told me everything about you; your story, your idolization for me. Guess what. If Giovanni hadn’t gotten to you in the Whirl Islands, I would have idolized you. Please. You must trust me. We need to free Leo and Sam and whoever else you have imprisoned for Giovanni as fast as possible. Giovanni has his ways of finding things out quickly.”
   They ran quickly to the secret entrance in the back of the Sprout Tower on the first floor. Brett looked around. No one was following them. He pushed the button and slid down a rope to the basement floor Team Rocket had made. Kyle followed right after him. They walked down the hallway and Brett held the human ball tightly in his pocket. When they made it to Sam and Leo’s cell, Sam was pacing around looking for a way to get out and he noticed Brett. He rushed to the door and reached out, grabbing Brett by the neck. Kyle quickly jumped to his arm and released Brett from Sam’s grip.
   “It’s okay, Sam. Brett’s with us now,” said Kyle, trying to get Sam to calm down.
   “What do you mean us? If you mean that I’m to join Team Rocket then you- Are you Kyle, the Pokémon league champion?”
   “Yeah, that’s me.” Sam immediately shook Kyle’s hand.
   “I saw you on the TV. That was amazing. I thought it was funny when no one had seen an Umbreon before. They all gasped.” He quickly dropped his happy mood. “Are you sure you’re not just playing a trick on me?”
   “Do I look like the kind of person that would do that?”
   Sam stared blankly for a second, thinking and then he blurted it out, “Yeah.”
   “Wow, you’re thick,” said Brett taking the key, opening the cell door and he jumped back as Sam jumped at him. Kyle stopped him again. “Give me a chance. Giovanni wants to capture people with Pokéballs like they were pokemon. I’m destroying the only copy of his human ball and getting you out of here.” Brett walked over and helped up Leo who hadn’t eaten since he had been taken prisoner. He also fell down a huge hole which didn’t help much. “Come on, Leo. I’m gonna get you out of here. Sorry about your house.”
   “Shut up you jerk.” Leo tried to return his pokemon. “Dangit! Get those stupid necklaces off my pokemon!”
   “Just wait a second.” Brett took out a small remote like item and held it to the collars of Leo’s pokemon and one by one, they snapped in half. The pokemon jumped up and returned to Leo’s Pokéballs. “Ok, let’s go.”
   They walked to the end of the dungeon and a grunt saw them. “Oy! What do you think you’re doing? Do you have any authorization?”
   “Oh crap; we should probably start running.” Said Sam as he shimmied up the rope followed by Brett. Together, they pulled Leo and Kyle up after them before they sealed the entrance shut. There were grunts all over the first floor with their pokemon in front of them.
   “It’s Kyle!” shouted one of the grunts.
   “The traitor, Kyle?” asked another one.
   “The same,” said a third.
   Giovanni descended down the stairs on his Rhydon’s shoulder. “You tried to betray me Brett. Like Kyle, you too shall be banished. You can’t fight all of us.”
   “Wanna bet?” asked Kyle. He sent out his Umbreon, Charizard, Poliwrath and Gengar. “Do your thing.” The Pokémon began shooting fire, biting other pokemon, shooting balls of shadows, punching the crap out of them and putting the other Pokémon to sleep and somehow sucking their health in their sleep. Brett and Sam nodded to each other and sent out all of their Pokémon. They battled like crazy. Leo then finally reached for his Pokémon and sent them out. The battle was intense. For every time one of their Pokémon received damage, the rockets lost a Pokémon. Brett’s Mewtwo and Sam’s Alakazam defended everything while they attacked. They battled their way to the door which was locked. Sam’s Golem used roll out to knock the door down only to meet another army of dark elites with stronger and fresher pokemon.
   “Mewtwo, teleport us all over there!” Brett pointed to the forest across the lake to their left on the eastern side of Sprout Tower. The Mewtwo lowered all the barriers just as an army of bug Pokémon used fury attack and poison stings. They turned into little molecules and were sucked through what felt like a vacuum and appeared behind the first wall of trees, away from the rockets.
   Mewtwo was weak from such a tremendous use of energy. “Good job, Mewtwo.” Brett raised his Pokéball about to return it. Then he lowered it. “I suppose you want to go back to your original master.”
   “No!” shouted the Mewtwo, drawing upon its last energy before fainting. “That man is evil. I don’t even know why I let him use me like he used you. Together, we will be free of him… my friend.”
   Brett’s eyes began to tear. He rubbed them and shook his head. “Thank you.”
   “Brett, Mewtwo isn’t your only friend,” said Kyle. “You have Sam and Leo. You have Lance and Jim, your childhood friends. You have your sister. They will take you back.”
   Brett fell to his knees and smothered his face in his hands. “What have I done? I turned my back on the people that cared the most for me thinking I didn’t need them; but I do. But I’m still bound to Giovanni under oath.”
   “Didn’t you cross your fingers?” asked Leo sarcastically.
   Brett gaped at him, appalled he would make an assumption like that. “No, I didn’t…”
   “Then you’re still mutually bound to… whatever. Just suck it up and ditch the evil balding dude. Let’s go. I’m fricking hungry thanks to you.” Leo got up and started walking south to route thirty-one.
Report Spam   Logged

Banned Member
Warned Members
Elite

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2009, 11:33:13 pm »

Strangely, this is one of my more favorite chapters. You'll see why in a little.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Chapter 18: First Summer Cruise
   It was a hot late spring morning in the radio tower of Lavender Town. Jessica McStewart had just written up all of her plans for the summer for her assistant to air on her channel.
   “Cindy, be sure you sound like me when you talk and talk as little as possible and yes I’ll give you a raise,” Jessica told Cindy, who closed her mouth. “I need to go. Bye.”    Jessica went down the elevator from the top floor of the Lavender Radio Tower. She still thought she saw ghosts occasionally from when it was a cemetery.
   Lucifer, Jessica’s boyfriend since high school, was waiting for her outside scaring away tourists with his Tyranitar.
   “Lucifer! It told you not to scare people anymore!” Jessica stammered, furious with him. “Last time you did that, the promotional manager could have promoted me to Johto, but you had to scare him away with your Tyranitar which kept roaring all the time. Seriously, grow up!”
   “You look funny when you’re mad,” snickered Lucifer, flipping his long black hair to the side and pushing his thick-rimmed glasses up his nose. “Anyway, we should probably start heading south on the docks to get to Vermilion. You don’t want to be late for the cruise.”
   “Did you pack my suitcase?”
   “Every single article of clothing you own is in there and all your makeup.”
   “Good.”
   They went into the parking garage underneath the radio tower where Lucifer’s Mercedes convertible was. They clambered in and Lucifer floored it out. They went south and were soon on the bridge. The route twelve docks had been remodeled into a long suspension bridge between Lavender Town and Route thirteen with an exit to route eleven which lead to Vermilion City. There were fisherman and trainers on the bridge. One attack from a battle almost hit the car, but Lucifer swerved to miss it.
   “Damn kids,” said Jessica.
   “I hear there have been rocket attacks in Johto,” started Lucifer, trying to make conversation.
   “They also burned down the entire Viridian Forest.”
   “Really? I used to go camping there before my parents murdered each other. What a shame. It’s the only forest in Kanto.”
   “How can you be so casual about that?” asked Jessica.
   “What? Viridian Forest burning down?” Lucifer replied.
   “No, your… parents.”
   “I don’t know. I just don’t feel emotion very often,” he said, lighting a cigarette and handing it to Jessica and then lighting another for himself.
   “It’s just strange.”
   A car pulled in front of them and slowed them down tremendously.
   “Could you go a little faster?” Jessica asked Lucifer, letting her hand drape over the outside of the car . “I know this thing can outrun Officer Jenny’s stupid scooter.”
   “Sure thing,” Lucifer smirked and he slammed the gas and they accelerated so that their hair was flying in the wind. It took less than an hour to get to Vermilion from where they were at that point due to their amazingly high speed.
   They got to the docks and Jessica dragged her suitcase up the ramp onto the ship followed by Lucifer where a butler was waiting for them. “Go check in with the captain, Jessica. You’re late this year, too.”
   “I know. You don’t have to rub it in, Martin,” hissed Jessica.
   She ran to the captain’s quarters where the Captain was already throwing up into garbage next to his desk.
   “We haven’t even started moving yet, sir,” Jessica pointed out to him.
   “I know. Go to the restaurant and help prepare for the dinner. The guests are to arrive any moment now.”
   “Yes, sir.”
   Jessica ran down to the restaurant and put on her shiny black dress. She was a singing waitress on the S.S. Anne, a very well paid job.

The night went well. Everything was going smoothly until they made it to Cherrygrove City. Jessica was singing her piece for the customers eating their hundred dollar meals. Her Gardevoir was serving food and then she dropped its huge plate carrying three people’s meals.
   “Hey, what’s the big idea?” one of the guests asked.
   Gardevoir, as bitchy as Jessica, slapped him in the face and pointed to the door. Ten dark elites had just busted through and had Pokéballs in hand. The Rockets behind them had Pokéballs in their hands, too and they had big H’s on them. They threw those at the dinner guests and they disappeared in a flash of red light.
   “What the hell!” Jessica shouted. “Gardevoir, get those balls away from the Rockets.”
   Gardevoir used psychic and brought the Pokéballs into the kitchen where the chefs and waitresses who had seen the whole thing, started releasing the people and smashing the human balls. The other dinner guests had run for the emergency exit to the decks outside.
   Jessica reached for the Pokéball attached to her hair as jewelry and threw it, producing a Wigglytuff.
   “Doubleslap the $hit out of them!” Jessica yelled.
   The two Pokemon began to slap the weaker Pokémon the Rockets had sent out.    “Gardevoir!” Jessica’s Gardevoir glided over to her. “Use Psybeam on every Rocket and its Pokémon you see.”
   Gardevoir nodded and shot purple beams of psychic energy at the rockets when suddenly, a different Pokémon blocked the attack. It was a dark elite’s Hypno that used disable, stopping the attack just before it hit a Zubat.
   “Crunch!” shouted someone from another part of the room
   A Houndoom flew at the unsuspecting Hypno. Hypno fainted in one hit Houndoom jumped back and stood next to Gardevoir and Lucifer jumped down from the ventilation shaft on the ceiling, landing softly on the ground due to his Gengar’s Psychic attack that he taught it.
   “You have got to be kidding me!” laughed a man behind the team of Rockets.
   The Rockets stood aside for another man to join their ranks. He was clothed in black cloaks and had a hood and a mask covering his face.
   “None of the sailors put up a fight with their weak Machop and Poliwag. This is the best challenge I’ve seen yet on this mission. The guests have all been apprehended and stored in the cargo hold. I suggest you surrender because if we beat you, we will attach a ball of steel to your ankles and throw you overboard. That wouldn’t be very pleasant now would it?”
   “Who the heck are you?” asked Lucifer.
   “I’m Ricardo Fernandez, Brett’s replacement.”
   “Who’s Brett?” asked Jessica.
   “Where are you from-Lavender Town?”
   “Yeah, actually we are… What’s that supposed to mean anyway?” asked Lucifer. “My ghost pokemon will beat you any day.”
   “Stupid Emos… Let’s battle then. The rest of you can get the girl.”
   “You’re gonna need more than a few grunts to beat me,” taunted Jessica.  She sent out her Lapras and Misdreavus. “Lapras, use Icebeam. Misdreavus and Gardevoir, use Psybeam.” In seconds, all of the Rocket pokemon had fainted. “Now whoever the hell you are. Let’s do this.”
   “I still have some dark elites for you to fight,” said Ricardo.
   “You just don’t get it, do you? I trained with my brother, Eugene, the champion of the Johto League Tournament three years in a row.”
   “Really?” asked Lucifer. “I thought you were an only child.”
   “Well, I’m not. I’m just as good as Eugene, if not better,” growled Jessica who was getting really mad now.
   “Right… I’d like to see you take on ten dark elites at once,” taunted Richard.
   “Well you’re gonna.”
   The dark elites each sent out a Pokémon. There was a Murkrow, two Muk, a Piloswine, a Beedrill, a Crobat, a Dodrio, a Donphan, an Electrode and a Ditto which quickly shifted into a copy of Lucifer’s Tyranitar.
   “Is this it?” she asked sarcastically.
   The Dodrio used Tri-attack on Wigglypuff which used defense curl, reflecting fire at the Beedrill, thunder at the Murkrow and ice at the Donphan, weakening them greatly.
   “Lucifer, cover your ears,” Jessica suggested. “Wigglytuff, use Sing.”
   Their pokemon covered their ears or folded them to block the sound and the enemy pokemon were instantly asleep. Suddenly, Richard whipped out a flute and began to play it. The pokemon jumped up ready to fight again.
   “I guess that doesn’t work. Lapras, use icy wind on Dodrio,” yelled Jessica.
   The Dodrio fainted and then the Tyranitar copy used Hyperbeam on Jessica’s Wigglytuff.
   “Lapras, get it with a Hydro pump,” said Jessica trying to protect each Pokemon’s weakness.
   Lapras opened her mouth and shot out a blast of water. The Tyranitar was weakened.
   “Misdreavus, use confuse ray on the Tyranitar,” ordered Jessica.
   Suddenly, the fake Tyranitar used earthquake on the electrode, knocking it out with a huge explosion, which knocked out the Crobat and the Murkrow flying above it.. The Tyranitar ran into a wall and fainted only to turn back into Ditto.   
   The two Muk threw sludge bombs at the overwhelmed Wigglytuff, poisoning her. “Gardevoir, take out those two Muk with Psybeam.”
   Gardevoir hit the two Muk with Psybeam repeatedly and they soon were knocked out.
   Only the Piloswine, Donphan and Beedrill were left. Donphan used rollout and began speeding at Wigglytuff, but Wigglytuff retaliated with defense curl. She spun around in place and knocked Donphan back into the wall.
   “Misdreavus, use perish song on the Piloswine. Lapras, use Hydropump on the Donphan.”
   Donphan was knocked out quickly and before Piloswine began using moves, Jessica returned it.
   The Piloswine shot five Powder snows, oblivious of the Perish Song placed on it and fainted instantly.
   “Wigglytuff, use Rollout on Beedrill.”
   Wigglytuff inhaled until it was a giant ball and somersaulted toward the Beedrill. It jumped and rammed it into the table, splitting it in two. Beedrill didn’t have a chance.
   “You guys just got pwned!” nagged Jessica who began dancing around. “Wanna go again?”
   “Get out of here,” Ricardo told them. “They are above your skill.”
   “You got that right,” bragged Lucifer, giving Jessica a thumbs up.
   “Are you kids just out of high school or something?” asked Ricardo.
   “No. We just graduated from college actually. They thought we were smart so we skipped about three years of elementary school,” Lucifer yawned. “It’s late isn’t it?”
   “For Mew’s sake! Electabuzz, go!” Ricardo sent out an Electabuzz.
   “Oh no, an Electabuzz…” said Lucifer unenthusiastically. “Tyranitar, let him attack first. After you use Scary face.” He added quickly with a whisper.
   “Electabuzz, use quick attack and get it with a Rock smash that I taught you.”
   The Electabuzz sprinted at Tyranitar with its fist back, ready to punch. The Tyranitar opened its mouth wide, baring its teeth. Electabuzz grimaced in horror out and tripped.
   “Tyranitar, use Screech!”
   Tyranitar opened its mouth and screamed a high pitch and Electabuzz covered where its ears should have been.
   “Tyranitar, use Thrash!” yelled Brett yet again. He wasn’t giving Ricardo any chances.
   Tyranitar flailed its limbs aggressively at the defenseless Electabuzz, knocking it out.
   “Electabuzz, return! Quagsire, use Slam and then use rain dance to prepare for a Water gun!” yelled Ricardo to begin another attack.
   The Quagsire Ricardo sent out in Electabuzz’s place jumped and threw its body into Tyranitar who fell over from the hit. It then danced in a circle around the dazed Tyranitar and they heard rain outside.
   “Quagsire, run outside and use the water from out there for a Water gun.”
   Quagsire waddled outside and absorbed the rain and shot a jet of water from its mouth. The water parted, spun in a double helix and knocked Tyranitar back into the wall, crushing the interior decorating. Tyranitar had fainted
   “Tyranitar, return. Gengar, use Hypnosis and then follow up with a real fast Dream Eater!”
   Richard pulled out his pokeflute again and put it to his lips, ready to play, but Jessica slapped him in the face and took the flute and snapped it in half on her knee and threw the two pieces at Ricardo.
   “Cheater!” Jessica screamed and she walked away briskly.
   “I had to get that from Mr. Fuji!” Ricardo yelled.
   “Suck it up and whistle or something,” shouted Jessica.
   Gengar had already put the Quagsire to sleep and was eating its dreams somehow.
   “Good work, Gengar. Now use Nightshade and finish it off!”
   Quagsire was out cold in the blink of an eye.
   “Crap… Quagsire, return. Jynx, use psychic!” said Ricardo as he sent out a Jynx which used Psychic on Gengar, weakening it.
   “Gengar, use Destiny bond!”
   Gengar attached its soul to the Jynx while it sucked up light from the room making it dark and released it upon the Gengar which fainted. Then Jynx fell over as well; both Pokemon knocked out.
   Lucifer and Ricardo both returned their pokemon.
   “I don’t have time for this,” said Richard and he turned around and ran out the door to the deck outside with a long flowing black cape behind him.
   “You’re not getting away that easily!” Lucifer ran out after him. He walked out the door and was hit in the head and he blacked out. Jessica saw him get dragged to the left of the door.
   “Lucifer!” She ran out after him and two people on both sides grabbed her and held her against the wall.
   Richard was standing off to the side laughing. Two dark elites were holding Lucifer over the edge. “No! Don’t drop him!” I’ll do anything pleaded Jessica.
   “It’s too late for that now.” Richard turned to the two holding Lucifer and nodded. The dark elites nodded back and let go.
   “No!” Jessica broke free from the dark elites holding her and dove over the railing. Her arms outstretched for the only person she cared for; the person that really understood her as they plummeted closer to the water.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Now, this is one of my more favorite chapters, because I introduce some of the more introducing characters.
Report Spam   Logged

Banned Member
Warned Members
Elite

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2009, 12:52:12 am »

Once again, one of my more favorite chapters due to its comical entertainment and you see the Brett vs. Leo arguments here and there.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Chapter 19: An Unexpected Family Reunion
   Kyle stayed with Sam, Brett and Leo until they made it to Cherrygrove City.
   “This is where I leave you now. Good luck.” Kyle jumped onto his Charizard and flew east to Kanto.
   “Bye, Kyle!” Brett shouted as Kyle was flying away in the horizon.
   “He said we should wait for the S.S. Aqua or S.S. Anne when it comes into port from Olivine City,” said Sam. They walked to the southern coast of Cherrygrove City. The streets were peaceful and quiet with a peaceful breeze blowing in the wind, but it was only a matter of time before the Rockets spread there, too. Newbark Town had been taken by Team Rocket and Professor Elm had been taken into custody and the refugees from Newbark Town were staying in Cherrygrove.
   “Well, I guess we’ll wait here until the ship arrives,” said Leo, taking a seat in the sand and laying down.
   It was already ten o’clock at night and they felt like getting some sleep. Leo was still suspicious of Brett and eyed him constantly.
   “Don’t worry. I’m not going to do anything to you.” Brett let out his pokemon. “I need a grass pokemon...”
   “How did you come across that Aerodactyl?” Sam asked Brett.
   “Well, I found an old amber in Ilex Forest and I took it to the lab on Cinnabar Island and they resurrected it.”
   “My dad could have done that in his lab,” muttered Leo who finally shut his eyes.
   “We know he could’ve, but he didn’t did he?” added Brett annoyed.
   They waited a few more minutes. Then they heard screams out from the water. “What’s that?” asked Leo who sat up in a heart beat. They looked out and saw the S.S. Anne floating off shore.
   Brett squinted his eyes and gasped. “It’s Team Rocket! And they’re about to drop a person into the water! We have to do something!”
   Brett sent out Aerodactyl and he and his Mewtwo flew across the water at lightning speed. They dropped the man and a woman jumped down after him. As they got closer, Brett realized the men that dropped the man off the ship were dark elites. Aerodactyl flew down as Brett jumped up onto the boat with his feet first and he kicked both the dark elites that dropped the man into the water in the chests, knocking them to the ground. Brett landed gracefully on the railing, able to balance.
   “It’s Brett!” shouted one of them. They all backed away. Aerodactyl flew up and dropped the fallen man gently on the deck and hovered on Brett’s left. Mewtwo came and was holding the woman in her arms. He placed her down gently next to Lucifer. Mewtwo glided over and stood on Brett’s right in a fighting stance while Brett took out two Pokéballs. The dark elites stepped back again, but Ricardo stepped forward.
   “I thought there were two others with you,” said Richard. “Where are they?”
   “What does it matter to you?” asked Brett, jumping down from the railing. “I don’t need them.”
   As he said that, Sam climbed over the railing right into the middle of the cluster of Rockets and dark elites.
   “You were saying, Brett?” he asked. He sent out his Blastoise and Cyndaquil as Poliwrath climbed up after him. Leo flew up riding his Pidgeotto and landed on the opposite side of the Rockets from Brett.
   “Let’s go Flaffy,” said Leo as he sent it out.
   Ricardo signaled to the rest of the dark elites with a wave.
   “We’ll get you on the way back to Kanto,” Ricardo snarled to Brett, Sam and Leo.
    He sent out a Skarmory, mounted it and the rest sent out flying pokemon and mounted them. They jumped off the ship flying off to the east back towards Newbark Town.
   Leo ran to Jessica. “Is Lucifer alright?” he asked.
   “He’ll be fine. He’ll just have a huge bump on his head for a while,” she replied. She stood up and stared at Leo for a second and then they lunged at each other embracing each other in a hug. Leo was just 4’11” and it really showed next to Jessica who was about 5’3”.
   “I haven’t seen you since your father won the doubles tournament in Saffron!” She then ran over to the Mewtwo and hugged it. Mewtwo looked around blankly. “Thank you so much for saving me.” She ran to Brett, looking just as stunned as Mewtwo and hugged him, too. “That was a great entrance by the way.” She then ran back to Leo. “How is my brother anyway?” She looked around. “Where is my brother?”
   “Wait, you know each other?” asked Sam, perplexed by the sudden situation.   
   “Yeah, she’s my aunt. This is my Aunt Jessica,” he said pointing to her. Then he pointed at Luficer. “That’s my most likely uncle to be, Lucifer Dante Behemoth. I’ll say his parents were whack before he wakes up.” Leo turned to Jessica and pointed at Brett and Sam. “This is… Brett, the dude with the ‘cool’ entrance and Sam, my best friend.”
   “It’s a pleasure to meet you,” said Jessica with little enthusiasm. “But what about Eugene?”
   “It’s a long story…” Leo told her everything that he knew and Sam filled in the rest. Brett talked about his knowledge about Giovanni. “…And now, we don’t know where my dad is.”
   “That will make a great radio story. I’m so glad I recorded it.” Jessica took a recorder out of her pocket and clicked the stop button. “We’re headed to Olivine City. Hopefully, he made it there. All the people in Johto were apparently supposed to evacuate to Olivine City or Cherrygrove City where they could be safely transported to Kanto or something.
   “I never heard that,” said Sam. “For the past few hours whenever I listened to the radio all I got was a weird buzzing sound.”
   Jessica gasped. “That must mean they’ve taken the radio tower.”
   Brett jumped up. “They weren’t supposed to take Goldenrod until next week!”
   “All we can do is hope that they’re going to Olivine City,” said Sam as he stood up and he glanced at his watch and then back up and back at the watch again; his eyes the size of light bulbs. “Holy crap! It’s already three AM! No wonder I’m so dang tired. I’m going to bed, see you tomorrow.” He walked inside and then back again. “Are there any empty rooms?”
   Jessica rolled her eyes. “Yeah. You, Leo and Brett can share one. Follow me.” She walked off and Leo, Sam, Brett and Mewtwo followed her inside. They went down a few flights of stairs and came to a long hallway. “It’s the first one on the left. Good night.” She began talking to herself on her way back outside. “Hmm… I should probably go get Lucifer.”
   They went inside and went to sleep immediately. Leo had no clean clothes and they could tell. He smelt horrible. “Wash your clothes in the shower, seriously,” said Brett holding his nose.
   “Quit bitching. It’s your fault,” said Leo. He walked into the bathroom. Sam and Brett went to sleep only to wake up early the next day.
Report Spam   Logged

Banned Member
Warned Members
Elite

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2009, 01:56:16 am »

I think this is the last chapter with Kyle in it.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Chapter 20: Trapped in a Ball and a Cave
   Jake had recovered from the Rocket attack and had begun training his pokemon in route 45. He had just encountered a small triplet of Gligar.
   “Alright, a triple battle! Let’s do this. Vaporeon, Glaceon and Leafeon, go!” Jake sent out his three pokemon and each had become a lot stronger.
   “Glaceon, use Aurorabeam. Vaporeon, use a Bubblebeam and Leafeon, start it out with Razor leaf,” said Jake to begin the battle.
   Leafeon jumped and shot leaves that hit a Gligar, making it fall over on its back.
   “Finish it of with Vine whip, Leafeon!”
   Leafeon shot vines up from its back and slammed them down; the first Gligar was knocked down and scared off. Glaceon jumped to the other side and used Aurora beam, knocking it back with a hard blow and the two Pokemon fled from the scene. Vaporeon shot bubbles at the last Gligar. The Gligar parried with Sand-attack and popped all the bubbles. Vaporeon jumped back, surprised. Then Jake noticed it was a different hue of colors. It was blue.
   Could this be one of those shiny pokemon? Jake thought. “Be careful! It’s shiny so it’s more powerful!” he shouted to his pokemon which were on their toes around the Shiny Gligar. “Leafeon, use Leech seed and sap its health.”
   Leafeon shot a seed out of its mouth at the bluish Gligar. It dodged it with quick attack and hit Leafeon with poison sting. Leafeon squealed in pain from being poisoned.    “Leafeon, return! Vaporeon, use Water gun!” Jake returned his Pokemon. He couldn’t risk his Pokemon being injured too much.
   Vaporeon shot water out of its mouth at the Gligar which glided into the air at Vaporeon, dodging the Water gun. Vaporeon then used Aurora beam, shooting it right at the Gligar. Gligar dodged with quick attack, faked out Vaporeon which used sand-attack to protect itself, but Gligar used Faint attack, hitting Vaporeon in the side, greatly weakening it.
   “Vaporeon, don’t give up! Use Bite if it comes near you. Don’t waste unnecessary energy. Glaceon, chase the Gligar with all that you’ve got! Start this out with a Swift and then another Aurorabeam while it’s down.”
   Glaceon wasted no time and jumped and used swift, hitting the fleeing Gligar. Glaceon slowly hit it with Quick attacks until the Gligar was right next to Vaporeon.    “Vaporeon, now!” yelled Jake.
   Vaporeon jumped up and sunk its teeth down on the Gligar’s wing. The Gligar tried to fly away but to no avail. It was weak and Vaporeon let go, knowing its prey would not escape.
   “Alright, good work everyone!” acknowledged Jake. He threw a Pokéball at the Shiny Gligar. The ball wobbled around a few seconds and then stopped with a ding, but since Jake already had ten Pokémon, the ball shimmered a moment and then vanished.
   “Yes! We’re in great shape I think. This will make a good addition to our team if I ever need it.”
   Jake’s Glaceon and Vaporeon cuddled against his leg. He took out a poison cure berry and healed Leafeon with it. After Leafeon showed no signs of being damaged, Jake released all of his pokemon save for his Gyardos and then walked back north to Blackthorn City. He found Lance, Jim and Clair in the gym which had become their gathering place. There was also another person: Kyle.
   “Jake, hurry up,” said Jim. “Kyle’s going to tell us what happened to Brett.”
   Jake ran and sat down in one of the empty chairs in Clair’s office.
   “Here’s what happened. Giovanni had ordered him to make copies of a human ball he created. It is used to capture humans. He thought it was wrong so I told him to destroy the ball and leave Rocket. He and I helped out two trainers he captured, Leo McStewart and Sam Davies who he’s currently with. Leo is the researcher, Eugene McStewart’s, son. When I left them, they were in Cherrygrove City, waiting for the S.S. Anne.”
   Clair stood up. “We have to leave now. We must evacuate all of the people from Blackthorn City anyway. We can get to Cherrygrove City and then hopefully, we can get everyone onto the S.S. Aqua or S.S. Anne.”
   “It’s probably a good idea to head south now before the junction between Routes 29 and 45 is closed down by Team Rocket,” said Lance. “Everyone’s ready to go now, too.”
   “I just need to catch some pokemon from the Dragon’s Den,” said Jim as he left the gym to go catch some Pokémon.

Kyle had already left again to go back to Kanto and all the citizens of Blackthorn City were ready to go in a few minutes and Jim reappeared with his freshly caught Dratini. “For a rare pokemon those things are way too common,” said Jake.
   “Fortunately, the only people that usually have Dratini are the locals of Blackthorn,” said Lance who overheard the conversation. “Let’s go.”
   All ten thousand people from Blackthorn City began moving south to Route 49. The caravan was enormous. Some people rode pokemon, some walked and some even had cars.
   They were about twenty miles south of Blackthorn City when Jim saw a Rocket off in the distance standing on a spire. He ran quickly to Jake and Lance who were discussing the ways of the dragon tamers.
   I see a rocket off in the distance,” he told them quickly and quietly as to not provoke fear into the Blackthorn Citizens. Jake and Lance’s eyes widened and looked south, squinting. They both saw him with binoculars looking upon the huge caravan.
   “What should we do?” asked Jake. “He can’t be alone right now.”
   “You’re right,” replied Lance. “He’s probably scouting things out with a group. If Rocket learns of our movement, they’ll strike us while we’re out in the open.”
   “We’ll have to catch him or something,” said Jim as he sent out his Sneasel and Arcanine which he mounted. Sneasel ran up Arcanine’s leg and onto Jim’s back. “But we’ll have to be subtle and quiet about it.”
   Jake sent out his Umbreon and Wyverneon and Lance sent out his Dragonite and Aerodactyl; both mounting their dragon pokemon.
   “Jake, fly over the mountains to the left, Jim go down the middle. I’ll go to the right.” Lance flew up and then shouted back down. “We’ll converge triangularly to cut him off!” and he flew away a little to the east and then south, followed closely by his Aerodactyl.
   Jake jumped onto Wyverneon with Umbreon sitting on Wyverneon’s head. They flew up flying to the right. Jim quickly ran south on Arcanine with Sneasel on his shoulder. In a few seconds they were all about to converge on the rocket member who turned out to be a Dark Elite. The Dark Elite saw them and sent out a Taurus; he mounted it and rode it south.
   “Don’t let him get away!” shouted Jim as his Arcanine used Extreme speed to catch up with the Taurus. They chased up a steep hill and made it to the top and Jim and his Arcanine stopped dead in their tracks. Lance and Jake flew up the hill and landed beside him.
   “What is it, Jim?” asked Lance.
   Jim pointed down the hill. Jake and Lance looked and they both gaped. There were at least three thousand Rocket grunts and dark elites marching toward them.
   “We have to take Dark Cave. It’s closer than any other option we have.”
   Suddenly they heard one of the executives at the front, riding a shout out to the Rockets. “The citizens of Blackthorn are on the move south. We will charge toward them and capture them with our human balls!”
   The Rockets shouted a supportive cheer in response to this news.
   “Human balls?” exclaimed Jim. “Kyle said they destroyed it,” HE mentioned as they started riding down the hill on their Pokémon.
   “Giovanni must have had an extra copy,” suggested Jake. “He’s not that stupid.” He returned Umbreon. Lance returned his Aerodactyl and Jake returned his Sneasel.
   The three flew back to the caravan even faster than when they had chased the dark elite. They found Clair and the mayor of Blackthorn City.
   Lance started the explanation first. “Have everyone head to Dark Cave, now.”
   “What is it?” asked Clair worried.
   “Rockets are coming,” said Jim sending out his pokemon. “We need to head to Dark Cave. Some of us can fight and hold them off, but there has to be at least three thousand of them coming.”
   The mayor nodded. He took a microphone attached to a large car stereo system and shouted into it. “Everyone!” The mass of people slowly stopped and turned to look at the mayor. “People of Blackthorn! Rockets are coming. We have held them off before, but this time, there are too many. Those who have Pokémon which are ready to fight, please come with me. Everyone else must head to Dark Cave where you can find refuge. When you are all safely in, we will follow and cave-in the entrance!” The people began to mutter and talk loudly.
   The people began to separate themselves. People were running into the cave quickly to get out of the way. Three hundred people remained outside to fight who sent out their many Pokémon.
   Jake noticed that a lot of the people had more Pokéballs with them than pokemon that were out. They must be water Pokemon. He suddenly got an idea. “Everyone, attack the ground in front of us!” he shouted.
   The people looked around and shrugged as if to say ‘what the heck’ and their Pokémon began to use their most powerful attacks on the ground leaving a wide trench that spanned from one cliff to the other.
   “Now, use your water pokemon to fill it with water!” yelled Jake who had taken the microphone from the mayor.
   Everyone nodded and realized what he meant by doing this. They sent out all kinds of pokemon from Poliwrath and Azumarill to Quagsire and Golduck. They all used Hydropump, Water pulse, or even Water gun to fill the trench. Just after a minute and a half, the 40 ft deep trench was full to the top. The people sent out Gyardos, Seadra, Cloyster and other water pokemon to submerge and jump out at the approaching rockets.
   They waited a half-hour and then they saw the first rockets trickling over the nearest hill and they were followed by more and more. Eventually, the hills turned into a rushing river of rockets and dark elites. Red flashes were erupting from all over as they sent out pokemon, gaining ground every second.
   Clair was in charge of all the pokemon that knew hyper beam.
   “Hyper-beamers, fire now!” she shouted and the pokemon-most of them Dragonite or Dragonair-shot out powerful blasts of energy at the rockets, causing explosions all over the terrain.
   Jim was on the other side of the trench with the pokemon that knew various special moves such as Flamethrower and Thunderbolt. The rocket pokemon were in close enough range to attack them accurately.
   “Use special attacks, now!” shouted Jim. Some used Flame wheel which rolled up the hill, making rockets jump out of the way to avoid being scorched. A few Pokémon took direct hits, knocking them out. The electric pokemon used Thunder and Thunder bolt, hitting a few flying pokemon and water pokemon from afar. Jim sent out his Dugtrio.
   “Use Earthquake on the hill and make it crumble,” he told it. Dugtrio went under ground and made the hill shake and it slowly began to turn to rubble. Rockets and their Pokémon were buried under the rubble and soon emerged, but the Pokémon had fainted getting out. The Dugtrio popped up next to Jim again.
   “Good job,” Jim told it as he returned it.
   The Hyper beamers had stopped and began to use their various special attacks. One of Lance’s Dragonite used blizzard, freezing a large group of the oncoming rockets. The rockets were closer now and their Pokémon began to use their attacks on the defending pokemon. Slowly, the Pokémon from Blackthorn City began to faint but for each pokemon they lost, the rockets lost almost twenty due to the strategic measure they took before hand.
   Jim sent out his Sandslash to attack the Weezing that were close enough to use self-destruct or even explosion. Jake looked up from his Pokémon who had been slowly attacking the mass of people and saw dark elites riding their flying pokemon. They had large gun-like objects on their backs. They began to fire balls at the people of Blackthorn City and the balls captured them inside. Jake took a stick and began to hit away any that came toward him. Jake looked over to Clair who was hiding behind a flipped over car to avoid the human balls. The water Pokémon began to faint from the masses of electric Pokémon that the Dark Elites had. Jake returned his Gyardos, still deflecting the bombardment of human balls that began to float if they didn’t capture anything and some balls began to fly toward those that hadn’t entered Dark Cave.
   The remaining trainers all began to run toward the Cave with nothing else left for them to do. The Pokemon still able to fight were protecting the trainers the best they could, using their most powerful attacks to deflect or destroy the human balls.
   They stood outside the cave and they slowly all made it into the entrance. Jim, Jake and Lance looked back and saw Clair running toward them as fast as she could, returning all of her Pokemon. She avoided the human balls nimbly like it was a dance. She was just feet away from the mouth, but she vanished in a bright flash of red light and ball rolled and landed at the feet of Lance who began to scream in horror. He picked up the ball, trying to release Clair, but to no avail-the ball had been locked down, inaccessible to those with out the key that fit into it. Jim and Jake backed into the cave with the Pokemon ready to barricade the entrance. They had to pull Lance back as the Pokémon barricaded the cave shut.
Report Spam   Logged

Banned Member
Warned Members
Elite

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2009, 09:58:07 pm »

Blegh... Another short chapter...

Chapter 21: A Pit Stop in Slowpokeville
   Brett, Sam, Leo, Lucifer and Jessica jumped off Lapras onto the small seaside cliffs south of Azalea Town. Jessica returned her ferry Pokemon and they walked toward a large city of tents behind Kurt the ball maker’s house.
   Kurt was busy making balls. He had a huge stock of balls now from the apprentices he took on and the endless amounts of apricorns that trainers brought in. He ran his own shop and even had the capability of making ultra balls from what were called the grey apricorns. They walked up to him and Jessica started their conversation.
   “You must be Kurt. I’m a representative from the S.S. Anne. We received a distress signal from here. Apparently, most of the citizens that escaped from Goldenrod City fled here.”
   “Ah, yes. I had hoped that one of your ships would pick up my message. The people will be ready to go in a matter of minutes.” Kurt got up and signaled to his apprentices who began to stuff the balls he made into large crates which they placed in a heap by the door. “I trust that you have pokemon that can carry people across the water to your ship.”
   “We have it covered, sir,” said Brett with his arms folded, just wanting to get back onto the ship into his bed.
   “Where will the refugees be staying on your ship?” asked a young girl about the age of thirteen Sam had guessed. The girl took a large sack of fast balls and tossed it across the room to an apprentice. Leo gaped at how strong she was.
   “Most of them will have to sleep in the halls along the wall or in the cargo holds,” said Lucifer quickly. “If they pay, they can get a room, but there aren’t many vacant ones.”
   “I’ll ask the groups traveling with us if they can somehow cram themselves into a tighter living space,” suggested Jessica. “But most of them will end up sleeping with blankets on the floor.”
   “That’s fine by me as long as they are out of harm from Team Rocket,” replied the ball maker.
   Kurt took his suitcase which was already packed and carried it to the front door.
   “My granddaughter, Cecelia, apprentices and I will share a room.” He dropped his suitcase and pulled out a checkbook. “How much is your largest empty room?”
   “Our largest room has two beds. It costs about…” Jasmine calculated the amount in her head. “Your total comes to three-hundred dollars for a double suite. There’s more than enough room for you apprentices to sleep on the ground and your supplies you take with you.”
   “Brilliant! Scizor, go!” A glistening red Scizor popped out of one of his fast balls on his belt. “Help take the bags to the ship. Let Jessica show you where the room is first.”
   Scizor took three bags of balls on its arms and grabbed Jessica around the waste gently with its claws and flew off. They were suddenly on top of the S.S. Anne. Jessica was surprised and showed Scizor to the empty double-suite. The Scizor placed the bags down and flew off and was back in ten seconds with the rest of the bags of Pokéballs and Kurt and Cecelia on its back.
   “That is one fast Scizor,” said Jessica as she gaped at the shiny mantis-like Pokémon.
   “He’s great for house work,” said Cecelia smiling.

It only took three hours to get everyone on board. Bugsy bought a suite for himself and his junior trainers in his gym. The Slowpoke from the farm that one of the people had, were sleeping out on the deck, soaking in the sun.
   The cargo and hallways were packed with refugees. A few of the customers complained, but they soon stopped after they caught a glimpse of Scizor.
   When everyone was on, Brett looked back to Azalea Town and felt emptiness inside. No one walked the streets, happily. There was no one training their Pokémon. Not a soul was left in the forest town. He kept gazing at the town and decided to live there when all this Rocket business was over with. Then he saw something hovering over the trees. He squinted his eyes and saw it was like a fairy; fluttering its wings sadly over the abandoned town.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I can't believe I actually wasted my time with such short chapters.
Report Spam   Logged

Banned Member
Warned Members
Elite

« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2009, 05:24:33 pm »

Chapter 22: Reunion
   Janice, Clarice and Eugene walked into Olivine, following refugees from Goldenrod, Violet, Ecrukteak and Mahogany Cities. The masses of people numbered in the tens of thousands. All the cars had run out of gas, due to the lack of refining of oil to make gas.
Eugene, Clarice and Janice found Jasmine, the gym leader. She was organizing all the refugees to be ready to leave as soon as the ship got there which would be in less than twelve hours. Jasmine, knowing of Eugene’s reputation, had called him to ask him to stay in the lighthouse which was currently being used as a watch tower with her to watch out for any Rockets coming their way from all directions.
   Nothing happened in the twelve hours they waited for the ship. The people were waiting throughout all of Olivine City, waiting to board the ship that came to save them from eternal enslavement to Giovanni.
   Finally, Clarice spotted the S.S. Anne. “It’s here! It’s here!”
   Everyone stood up to get a glimpse of the savior ship. The people in Olivine erupted into a huge cheer which boomed out across the water.

Sam and Leo were standing on the front of the deck and Brett, after talking with Cecelia, came and joined them. They listened to the thunderous cheers from the overpopulated city.
   “I hope my dad’s there,” said Leo.
   “I’m sure he is.” Sam said. “Who are you named after anyway?”
   “That has got to be the worst fricking question I have ever heard at the worst emotional time ever,” spat Brett looking completely disgusted.
   “Since you asked, I was named after my great grandfather, Leonidas, who gave my dad his first pokemon which was a Vulpix.”
   “That is an awesome name. I can understand why you’d want to be called Leo,” said Sam, holding back a snigger.
   “Actually, I think Leonidas is an awesome name, but Leo’s just easier to say,” said Leo.

The ship stopped at port and Eugene, Clarice and Janice waited for all the people to get onboard. They all made it on, but it was quite cramped. Thankfully, many people had private boats that they allowed some people to ride with them, allowing excess people on the decks of the S.S. Anne to ride with them.
   “I think it’s safe to go now,” said Jasmine.
She walked toward the stairs and suddenly, dark elites ran up the stairs, catching Jasmine by surprise, grabbing her and forcing her down the stairs. Eugene ran toward her, but Ricardo popped out of the stairs tripping him. Two dark elites came and grabbed him and as he was just about to be dragged down the stairs with Jasmine, Janice ran at them and with a spin kick, knocked them both out cold. Eugene broke free and whistled for the Ampharos that lit the lighthouse. It ran down the stairs and used thunder punch on the two dark elites holding Jasmine. They both ran back upstairs followed by a whole legion of dark elites. Clarice ran over and slammed the trap door shut on the dark elites’ heads as they tried to dive in, keeping the dark elites out, but trapping them inside.
   “What are we going to do now?” asked Janice, sending out her Pokémon.
   “Good question.” Jasmine sent out her Skarmory which she caught recently and a Magneton. “That’s the only way out of here.”
   The door over the stairs began to bang loudly. They all jumped back, ready to fight. Eugene sent out his Persian and Clefable. Clarice sent out Sudowoodo and Ursaring. The door continued to expand upwards and there was a pause. Then there was a final pound and the door went flying across the top floor into the wall, completely shattering it. There was smoke everywhere and it clouded everyone’s vision. Jasmine squealed. A flapping of wings pierced the smoke and it all blew away. Standing in the middle of the floor in front of them was Giovanni with a Rhydon and a Pidgeot at his side.
   “Persian, use slash on the Pidgeot! Clefable, use metronome on Rhydon and hope for the best!” Eugene shouted loudly.
   Dark elites began to fill the room around them. None of them sent out their pokemon. The Persian lunged forward and then flipped around and slid backwards, facing Eugene with an odd look on its face.
   “Persian, what are you doing?” Eugene asked, bewildered.
   “He’s being a good faithful Pokémon; that’s what he’s doing,” said Giovanni after laughing his usual evil laugh.
   “Persian? Your Persian?” Eugene held his head, pulling at his hairs. “I took you into my house and fed you. I trusted you. You, Giovanni, have corrupted your Pokémon more than I could even imagine!”
    Eugene’s face burned red with anger. Clefable looked furious as well. It had fought along side Persian and became what it thought was its friend. Now it was betrayed.
   “Clefable, use metronome and aim for a fighting type move.”
   Clefable shook its finger from side to side and then used Quick attack and then jumped in the air, using High jump kick. Persian tried to dodge, but wasn’t fast enough. It was knocked out already.
   “Persian, you weakling!” Giovanni returned Persian. “Rhydon, use Double-kick and then use stomp!”
   Rhydon kicked Clefable twice and then lifted its hind leg like a sumo wrestler and slammed it down on Clefable. It fainted.
   “Clefable, return.”
   Eugene looked around. He and the others were completely surrounded by Rockets.
   “Ninetales, go!”
   Eugene pointed at the hole the Rhydon made when breaking in. Ninetales knew what he meant and shot a powerful flamethrower at the Rockets in the way. They all dived away from the flames to avoid being fried.
   “Let’s go!” Eugene shouted and he began to run toward the exit. Ninetales was using fire spin to drive away the dark elites. Jasmine, Clarice and Janice stopped at the edge of the tower. They were high up and falling down meant death.
   “Jump!” Eugene shouted. They shook their heads. Eugene returned his Ninetales and pushed them off and dove out after them.

Everyone on the S.S. Anne was watching huge explosions occurring on the lighthouse. Then they saw a huge jet of flame shoot out the side. Then they saw three people fall out and another one dive after them.
   “Oh my goodness!” shouted Jessica. “They’re not going to make it!”
   Gasps and screams of terror began to sporadically occur from the passengers.

Eugene had ten seconds to act. He took a ball from his belt and hoped it was the right one. He pushed the button on the front and Ho-oh flew out. It dive-bombed to the ground and flew back up. Eugene grabbed onto Janice and held her close. Jasmine and Clarice landed on Ho-oh’s back. Eugene reached out and Ho-oh grabbed Eugene’s outstretched arm. Eugene hoisted up Janice onto Ho-oh’s back and climbed up after her as they flew out over the water toward the S.S. Anne.

“Oh my god! It’s Ho-oh!” shouted Leo and Brett.
   “Yeah, it’s your dad, too,” said Sam calmly. Leo and Brett turned their heads toward Sam with dropped jaws.
   “My dad caught a Ho-oh?”
   “I didn’t know he caught the thing, too!” Brett was trying to remember what happened when he was on the Tin Tower.
   “Yeah. Well, it was more like Ho-oh sold herself to him, because he saved it from being captured by Brett.”
   Leo scowled at Brett at this.
   “I’m sure it doesn’t remember that,” Sam added.
   “Yeah right,” Brett muttered.
   Everyone made a large area for where the Ho-oh could land. It landed with a thump. The four trainers jumped off of it and looked around at the cowering people.
   “It’s alright! She’s completely harmless!” shouted Eugene.
   “Dad!” Eugene looked around and saw Leo push his way out of the crowd. They ran towards each other and met in a tight embrace.
Report Spam   Logged

Banned Member
Warned Members
Elite

« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2009, 10:45:45 pm »

Chapter 23: Another Search
   Norman walked south to Pallet Town to visit his old teacher, Professor Oak. He brought his two students: Michael and Lenina. The two were about to take the gym challenge before they went to college, but Lenina’s uncle, Professor Elm, had been taken hostage by Giovanni. They were on their way to see Professor Oak about a job he had for them. Michael, knowing him best, was cautious about the strange news Oak gave them.
   They arrived in his lab and inside were Red and his rival, Gary, who was also Oak’s grandson.
   “It’s about time you arrived,” nagged Gary. “I’ve been waiting for a whole five minutes.” Red stared at them blankly, saying nothing.
   Oak shocked Gary with a Taurus prod making him yelp.
   “Gary, don’t be so rude. They don’t have a Ferrari that their grandparents bought them.” Gary’s face turned red. “Now, the reason you’re here is that before Elm was captured, he sent me an e-mail. He said something about Mt. Silver, but it wasn’t clear. Apparently, there’s a trainer at the top of Mt. Silver named Phillip. He was sent to train in the mountains by the elders of Blackthorn City with his followers, one having mastered each type of pokemon. He was the dragon master, even more powerful than Lance. Now, I believe it is time for us to call upon these trainers in our time of need.”
   “How can you climb Mt. Silver?” asked Michael. “No one’s done it before.”
   “You’re not going to climb it. Inside, where Red stayed and trained for that three year period, is a secret passage. You must have a certain pokemon to get in, though. In fact, you need eight. The only way to get inside is to have eight different evolutions of Eevee out and active inside that cavern. Only then will the passage be revealed so you can enter.”
   “But, professor,” interrupted Lenina. “I thought Eevee only had seven evolutions. How can we have eight different ones?”
   “I thought so, too, but Elm told me of a dragon type evolution. It belongs to a trainer who was recently discovered by the dragon tamers. He has one of each evolution of Eevee and his current whereabouts are unknown at this time. Now, I need you to find this trainer and take him to Mt. Silver so he can unlock the passage.”
   “What do we do after we get inside?” asked Norman.
   “You must battle all the masters in a series of matches. Only one person may battle once, so you will need seventeen people inside the chamber with you when you enter. There are five of you here now. You need twelve more when you enter. I’ll call one of my first trainers, Kyle. You should all be familiar with his name. Hopefully, you will be able to find more adequate trainers in your search for this trainer. I believe the owner of this dragon type Eeveelution is named Jake Stockton. You best be off. I do not wish to keep you any longer. You have a lot of work to do. You can’t go to Johto through Newbark Town. It has been occupied by Team Rocket. Don’t trust anyone. They could be working for Team Rocket. The first place I’d look is in Cherrygrove City. Blackthorn was just taken this morning and was found deserted. I believe that they all went through Dark Cave and came out just east of Violet City. The best way to go is around the south of Newbark Town and to Cherrygrove City. Good luck and may Arceus or whoever might the eternal god of this world be with you.”
   “Thank you, professor,” they all said in unison. All five of them-Norman, Lenina, Michael, Gary and Red-took their bags and left Oak’s laboratory. They walked south until they came to the ocean. There, they sent out their water pokemon and jumped onto them. Norman rode with Michael and his Blastoise.
   The group headed south so they were far enough away from Newbark and then east to Cherrygrove City. There were many people there and most were camping in the streets as refugees from other towns.

They finally found the small section of Blackthorn City refugees. They began to ask around and everyone knew who Jake was and pointed them in the right direction. They found a tent with three trainers; all looking sad and worn out. One of them was Lance.
   Lenina was the first to speak.
“Would any of you happen to be Jake?” All three raised there heads. One of them stood up.
   “Yes, that’s me.”

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Meh. Short.
Report Spam   Logged

Banned Member
Warned Members
Elite

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2009, 12:57:26 am »

Chapter 24: The Eye of the Storm and another Legend
   Eugene and Leo stayed awake for hours in the room they had all shared, talking to each other about what had happened to each other while they were away from each other.
   Finally, after picking up the people in Cianwood City, they headed back to Azalea Town. The fastest way was through the Whirl Islands when it would have taken two days to get around them. The waves sloshed up over the sides. Blinding lightning was followed closely by the deafening booms of thunder. Passengers held on to whatever they could to prevent themselves from sliding to the other end of the rooms and halls and the lines to the bathrooms stretched the entire length of the ship.
   Brett was in Cecelia’s room talking to her about his adventures past in the Whirl Islands.
   “And then, Giovanni took me out of the islands and forced me into his servitude.”
   “Sounds a lot like what my grandfather did to me…” Cecelia scowled at her grandfather who was making balls, happily. He glanced over when he heard it and began to whistle casually.
   Then Leo, who had battled Cecelia during a high school match, began to talk to her about her tactics and asked if she could help him a little bit. Brett was bored and then he saw a box of heavy balls left open. He eyed around and noticed that no one was looking and snagged one.
   The crew had to drop anchor because the storm was so strong. The ship waited for two hours, but the storm never passed. Suddenly the winds stopped and it was calm. Leo, Brett and Cecelia ran upstairs to the deck. They looked up and could see the sun and they looked around the ship seeing the pillars of clouds around them. They were in the eye of a category five hurricane.
   Sam looked up again and his eyes widened and his jaw dropped. “What is it?” asked Leo.
   Sam turned to them and pointed. “It’s Lugia.”

The Lugia flew down upon the ship and a cyclone began to rotate and rise up, catching the ship and making it spin quickly. Leo, Sam and Brett tried to keep their balance while Brett took action and sent out his Raichu.
   “Raichu, use thunder!”
   Raichu jumped, raised its arms and a giant bolt of lightning came down and hit Lugia and it fell down to the ground and then used recover just before crashing into the water, regaining all of its strength. Lugia’s whirlwind died down and the ship stopped spinning.
   “We’re gonna need a lot more than a Raichu to get out of this one,” said Sam, taking out two Pokéballs. “Lapras and Blastoise, go!”
   He sent out his Lapras into the water and jumped off the ship while Blastoise remained on deck.
   “Blastoise, start using Hydropump on Lugia to distract it.”
   Then Sam sent out his Alakazam and Scyther.
   “Alakazam, get on Scyther’s back and fly up and weaken Lugia with Kinesis to lower its accuracy and use Disable if you can, too.”
   Scyther flew up with Alakazam and started to attack it. Lugia was soon firing aero-blasts again, but with less precision. Occasionally, Blastoise’s Hydropump made contact and this weakened it greatly, but Lugia kept using recover.
   Brett sent out Aerodactyl, Cloyster and Mewtwo. Mewtwo jumped up and began to zip around the Lugia with great speed.
   “Cloyster, get it with ice beams. Aerodactyl, carry Raichu up there and drop him on the Lugia. Then use ancient power on it when you can!”
   Mewtwo got Lugia in the head with a mega punch. As it fell to the ground, Cloyster shot an ice beam right at it. Lugia used safeguard and just as its wing was about to freeze, the ice melted away.
   “Leo! We need your help!” Sam yelled from Lapras.
   Leo sent out Pidgeotto, Charmander and Flaffy.
   “Pidgeotto, carry Flaffy up and Flaffy, use Thunderbolt and Charmander start out with Flamethrower.”
   Charmander ran to the side of the deck and shot flames out its mouth. Lugia dive-bombed to dodge it. Then the Lugia used Rain dance and it began to pour down rain, dousing Charmander’s attacks. Flaffy shot a Thunderbolt at Lugia, stunning it for a second. Then it flew back up and chased away Pidgeotto and Flaffy.
   “Lapras, use Blizzard!” shouted Sam.
   Lapras closed its eyes and the temperature dropped to twenty-five degrees Fahrenheit and the rain turned to snow. The ocean began to freeze over and the water stopped. Lapras couldn’t swim anymore.
   “Lapras, return! Poliwrath, go!”
   Poliwrath jumped out of its Pokéball as Lapras went inside its own.
   “Poliwrath, when it flies close to the ground, jump up and use Dynamic punch!”
   Lugia flew down and shot aero-blast at Poliwrath. Poliwrath jumped out of the way and jumped back up and hit it with a Dynamic punch, confusing it even though it did little damage. Then, Lugia swung its tail slamming Poliwrath across the frozen ocean into the side of the S.S. Anne’s hull, knocking it out in one hit. Sam returned it as well.
   Leo sent out his Bulbasaur to compensate for Sam’s losses.
   “Bulbasaur use Solar beam!”
   Then he sent out his Squirtle.
   “Use Hydropump!”
   Leo slid down onto the ice using one of Bulbasaur’s vines and ran over to Sam.
   Raichu hit Lugia with Thunderbolt, but Lugia used swift and threw him off. Then it used Ancient power and hit Raichu, knocking him out. Lugia then looked at Mewtwo and shot an aero-blast at it.
   “Mewtwo, use Barrier!” shouted Brett as Mewtwo lifted its arms and completely blocked the Aero-blast. Then, using Swift, Mewtwo shot back up and hit Lugia with a high powered Mega punch in the neck. Lugia plummeted to the ground and slammed into the ice, shattering it. It was near fainting and too weak to recover itself.
   “Now, Lugia, you’re mine!” shouted Brett who grabbed the heavy ball and threw it at Lugia from the deck.
   “No!” Leo ran and dived. He batted the heavy ball away and then he slid across the ice on his stomach until he was stopped by someone’s foot. He looked up and saw the same man who attacked them on the S.S. Anne before, Ricardo, and behind him were his team of the all too familiar Rockets.
   “Looks like you did all the work for us,” said Ricardo with a condescending tone. “I have to thank you for that.”
   He pushed Leo away with his foot and he slid away fifteen yards.
   “But before I can catch the strongest legendary pokemon in this ocean, I have to kill you first.”
   He laughed again and the Rockets behind him laughed as well.
   “Good bye, Leonidas.”
   He sent out his Magmar, Jynx, Electabuzz and Exeggutor. Leo covered his head just as a Flamethrower, Icebeam, Zap cannon and Solar beam came at his face. The attacks were shot and then slowed down an inch away from Leo and stopped. Leo opened one eye and glanced around. He lowered his arms and looked behind him. Lugia stopped the attacks with Psychic which then vaporized. Lugia flapped its wings quickly, sending out an Aero-blast and knocking back Ricardo and the Rockets across the ice. They all sent out bird pokemon and flew away quickly through fear.
   Eugene watched the whole scene closely from the deck. Leo turned around to face Lugia who was holding the heavy ball in its mouth. It dropped the heavy ball in front of Leo who caught it. Eugene gasped.
   “Go on. You’re safe now. Just don’t attack us again.”
   Leo returned all of his pokemon and was about to pocket the heavy ball. Lugia shook its head.
   “You want me to catch you?”
   Lugia nodded.
   “Are you sure?”
   It nodded again.
   “If you insist.”
   Leo held the heavy ball, took a deep breath and tossed it at the Lugia. Lugia looked up and let the ball land softly on its head. The enormous bird Pokemon vanished with a brilliant display of light and was absorbed by the heavy ball. It fell to the ground and bounced on the ice thrice and made its chiming sound without even a quiver.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

There is a purpose to the god-moddingly awesome Pokemon lineups at this point.
Report Spam   Logged

Banned Member
Warned Members
Elite

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2009, 05:53:09 pm »

Chapter 25: Abandon Ship
   Leo was stunned. He had just caught one of the most feared pokemon in the world and with his new pokemon he had complete control over the ocean. First, he wondered why Lugia even submitted to him. Meanwhile, he, Brett, Sam, Janice, Clarice, Jessica, Lucifer, Cecelia and Eugene had to melt the ice so the ship could go through. Brett had his Rapidash out and was using stomp and then fire spin. Sam and Leo’s Cyndaquil and Charmander were melting the ice on the sides. Eugene and Janice sent out Ninetales and Arcanine and they used flamethrower in front of the S.S. Anne. Eugene’s Nidoking and Queen went under the ice and broke through the top with horn drill. Lucifer’s Houndoom was ‘crunching’ the ice and melting it with flamethrower behind the S.S. Anne. Jessica was ordering everyone around while her Lapras was using body slam on the ice up front.
   After the whole day, they finally broke through the ice and onto open sea as the sun began to set. The storm had passed and the sea was calm. They had to make it all the way back to Kanto before they were safe again, though.
   They were sleeping in their rooms quietly. Everyone was having good thoughts about moving on to Kanto and how they would be safe until Team Rocket finally lost as a counter-offensive was being formulated by an elite battling force. Then, the ship stopped suddenly. Brett was flung out of his bed from the jolt. Leo and Sam almost fell out of theirs as they 
   Cecelia barged in.
   “What was that?” she asked quickly.
   Leo and Sam jumped out of bed, already dressed expecting something like this to happen.
   “I have a guess,” started Leo. “I just hope I’m wrong.”
   “You don’t mean,” started Cecelia loudly, but she was quickly quieted by Brett’s hand over her mouth.
   “Sam, look out the window,” said Brett.
   Sam nodded and snuck over quietly and peered out the small trumpet bell size window.
   What do you see?” Brett whispered.
   Sam looked and outside were Pokémon of all types holding the ship in place and about to attack.
   “Rocket,” he said quickly after a pause. With that, everyone rushed about the room and packed up quickly. Janice, Clarice, Jasmine and Eugene woke up from the shuffling.
   Cecelia snagged as many balls as she could and put them into a large back pack. Her grandfather, Kurt, aroused all of his apprentices and they packed as many balls that they could and equipped their pokemon, ready to protect the passengers’ escape.
   People were running up and down the halls outside panicking. Brett and Sam ran with them and then they found that the Rockets had sealed all the stairways except for the one leading to the front where they were ordering everyone to come upstairs as they cuffed them. The Rockets saw Brett and Sam at the bottom of the stairs.
   “Get them!” one of the Rockets shouted and they pushed their way down the stairs. Rocket after Rocket followed them into the crowded hallway.
   Sam passed their room and Brett turned around to face the oncoming rockets just before the room where everyone else was.
   “What are you doing?” asked Brett. Sam kept running.
   “I’m getting Jessica and Lucifer!” he shouted back as he kept running.
   He ran down three flights of stairs and just as he was about to smash on the door, Jessica opened it and Sam flew inside. Both had already packed and were ready to go. Lucifer helped him up.
   “What’s going on?” asked Jessica.
   “Rockets hi-jacked the ship and I think they’re looking for us,” Sam told them quickly.

A barrage of rocks was kicked by an Exeggutor at Brett’s Cloyster and it couldn’t dodge it.
   “Mewtwo, protect Cloyster. Cloyster, use Icebeam on Exeggutor!” Brett told his Pokemon.
   Mewtwo teleported in front of Cloyster and stopped the rocks an inch from his face. He withdrew his arm and with a push into the air, sent the rocks back at an unsuspecting Pidgeotto, knocking it out. Cloyster rolled from behind Mewtwo and shot Exeggutor with ice beam, knocking it out.
   “Good work, both of you!”
   They kept fighting off the Ekans, Koffing, Rattata, Zubat, Drowzee with the occasional stronger Pokemon; each one being no match for Brett’s team. Then a Jynx used Attract on Mewtwo just as he had used a Mega punch on another pokemon. Mewtwo was under the control of the enemy Jynx.
   “Mewtwo, listen to me!” shouted Brett.
   “He doesn’t care for you,” came a voice.
   Brett saw through the smoke of the battle and Rockets an executive walking toward him. It was, of course, Ricardo.
   “It only cares for my Jynx. Wouldn’t it be nice if they bred? I’d have my own army of Mewtwo.” The executive laughed. “Let’s go Jynx.”
   The Jynx slid across the floor with Mewtwo right behind her, drooling. Then Ricardo stopped and raised his finger.
   “Ah, Jynx, let Brett know what it’s like for a powerful Pokemon to continuously destroy you time and time again.”
   Jynx spun around and pointed at Brett’s five other Pokemon that were all out. Mewtwo glided over and punched Raichu with mega punch as it knocked out a Crobat with a Thunderbolt. Raichu flew back spinning wildly and slammed into the wall and bounced off the ceiling and hit the floor hard, sending shrapnel everywhere. The rest of Brett’s pokemon jumped back in fear.
   “Mewtwo, no…” Brett fell to his knees. His best friend had just been stolen from him by his arch rival. He returned his pokemon, excepting defeat.
   A jet of flame flew past him and hit Jynx, knocking it out and Mewtwo came to his senses. He turned around and a Poliwrath flew at Ricardo and punched him. Ricardo flew back farther than Raichu and slid across the floor to the foot of the stairs. Brett turned around and a Houndoom sprinted forward, jumped over him and landed next to Mewtwo, ready to fight. Lucifer and Sam ran up next to him. Jessica opened the door to the room where everyone else was and ran inside.
   “Come on!” she shouted to the battlers outside.
   Sam, Lucifer and Brett ran into the room. Jessica sent out her Lapras which made a giant wall of ice, blocking the Rockets from getting to them. They returned their Pokemon and slammed the door shut just as a Weezing exploded, sending ice shards everywhere.
   “We have to get out of here!” shouted Eugene.
   He sent out his Ninetales which used Fire blast and melted away the hull of the ship. Jessica and Sam sent out their Lapras and they, along with Jasmine, Lucifer, Clarice and Janice, jumped onto the backs of the two Lapras. Brett sent out his Mewtwo and jumped up on his back as it floated out, hovering above the water. Cecelia, Kurt and the apprentices sent out their army of Scyther and Scizor, each riding their own. Leo and Eugene sent out Lugia and Ho-oh, and getting on their backs. Lugia floated down and settled on the water like a swan. Ho-oh had to fly.
   The large caravan of pokemon slowly migrated away from the ship which slowly began to sink from the damage it had taken. Then they heard a chorus of loud screams. They looked back and saw a multitude of bright red flashes and the screaming ceased.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

What a sad ending to the chapter.
Report Spam   Logged

Banned Member
Warned Members
Elite

« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2009, 01:03:33 am »

Chapter 26: Feud
   Eugene fell asleep on Ho-oh as they flew over the water. No one said a word since the S.S. Anne had been taken. They were all lamenting for the people that had just been trapped inside Pokéballs; maybe forever. They would be slaves to the cruel ex-gym leader along with their beloved pokemon.

Sam had never been afraid of anything before; but now, there was something to fear: being trapped like a pokemon. He wondered how they must feel, slaving away for their masters and trainers, only to be rewarded to be locked away; trapped inside a spherical piece of metal.

Janice was petting her Growlithe which sat happily on her lap. It started coughing and hacked up a hair ball.
   “Gross!” screamed Clarice.
   Eugene woke up to a shrill scream. He looked around and saw Janice, Clarice and Jasmine fighting over a lump of wet matted hair on the back of Sam’s Lapras’ shell which began to start trying to wash it off with water gun. Eugene rolled his eyes and fell back asleep.
   Janice and Clarice screamed again.
   “Lapras!” shouted Sam. His Lapras stopped and looked at Sam inquisitively. “Let me get it.” He took a tissue from his back pocket and picked up the hairball and threw the tissue into the water.
   Cecelia then hovered down next to them on her Scizor. “Hey! You’d better jump in and get that trash out!” she shouted. “Pokemon live down there you know!”
   “What am I going to do with it?” asked Sam about to jump down.
   “Use Alakazam to get it,” nagged Janice.
   “Oh, yeah,” said Sam airily. He sent out Alakazam who used psychic to get the tissue back. Then he sent out his Cyndaquil which roasted the trash with ember. “Happy?”
   “I guess so,” said Cecelia and her Scizor flew back up to Kurt and the apprentices.
   “This is ridiculous,” said Sam. “When are we going to get to Cherrygrove?”
   “It’ll take a lot longer to get to Cherrygrove now that we don’t have a boat,” said Jessica from the adjacent Lapras which was a lighter blue than Sam’s.
   “At least we don’t need to worry about those stupid passengers anymore,” said Lucifer. Jessica turned around and punched him hard in the face. He fell back with his eyes wide.
   “How could you say something like that?” she asked him. Lucifer began to cower in fear. “They are trapped inside those stupid human balls and unless we do something, they may be in there forever! How would you feel if you were trapped inside some balls the size of your minuscule heart?”
   Lucifer began to whimper. “I’m sorry, Jessica.”
   “Sorry isn’t good enough! How could you be so cruel?” Lucifer seemed on the verge of tears. “I suggest you get your own water Pokémon because we’re through!”
   Sam’s Lapras swam closer to Jessica’s and Lucifer jumped across the short gap of ocean between the two Pokémon. “Can I borrow your Blastoise, Sam?” asked Lucifer.
“I need some time alone.”
   “Sure thing.” Sam sent out his Blastoise into the water and Lucifer jumped off Lapras onto the giant sea turtle. Lucifer dropped to the ground and wrapped his arms around his legs and began to rock back and forth. Blastoise looked at him with a look of agitation as it rolled its large eyes.
   Jessica began to cry and leapt to Lapras’ neck and wrapped her arms around her. Lapras cried out in surprise and began to sway from side to side. Jessica held on even tighter. Then Lapras passed out from lack of air and began to sink with Jessica still holding on. She had just enough time to return the sinking Pokémon before she started to flail violently. She sputtered and gasped for air as she tried to make her way over to Sam’s Lapras.
   “Jessica!” Lucifer leapt from Blastoise, over Sam’s Lapras into the water.
   “What are you doing?” shouted Brett from above.
   “She can’t swim!” yelled Eugene

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Lol. Short.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum