Aisenfield
March 28, 2024, 11:57:32 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You seem somewhat familiar, have I threatened you before?

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Trial Of Juno 1 & 2: Dawn Of Hope & Second Promise

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trial Of Juno 1 & 2: Dawn Of Hope & Second Promise  (Read 2598 times)
Neo Pikachu
Master Author, Roleplayer, and Pikachu.
Resident

Trial of Juno 1 & 2 Coming Soon...

Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter Level 4 Level 3
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2009, 02:22:25 pm »

Chapter 17
The Meeting

That next morning, I got dressed, ate breakfast, and walked to school all in complete silence. I barely said anything to anyone, I just went to school and wanted to keep quiet. I didn’t want anyone to assume anything by looking at my face either, so I tried to keep a calm and neutral expression. Thoughts were constantly stabbing at my mind, and the last thing I wanted to do was talk about it or say something that would only make it worse. I already knew that trying to act like nothing ever happened was going to be impossible. But the least I could do was to avoid making it look so obvious…

I barely paid attention in class, now unable to get my mind off of just trying to meet Randy when we were let out. After four long classes of complete bore, I dashed out the back exit. I couldn’t wait another second to get it out.

“Man, aren’t you in a hurry…” I heard a familiar voice say right behind me.

I turned around and looked back into the stairway to see Alex, one of my best friends. He seemed a bit shocked at the mess I had become.

“You were dozing off in class this morning, Jake.” Alex told me, seeming a bit concerned, “Have you been thinking about something?”

“It’s about Randy.” I told Alex, knowing exactly what that would remind him of, “I think it’s about time we talk to him, and find out how exactly this all happened.”

He was silent. His only response was a simple and quiet nod, and then he followed me. The two of us headed out the door and found Randy in the one place where he always hung out after school: on a black, metal bench completely by himself. The two of us approached him, and he looked up at us with hesitation and anxiety in his eyes.

“Randy, we need to talk.” Alex said firmly to him, “We could really use some answers.”

Randy had already known what Alex was talking about, and he didn’t look like he wanted to fight about it. Instead, he stood up, and looked at Alex in the eyes.

“Look, let’s go some place where no one is going to see or hear us, okay?” Randy asked Alex, already knowing what this was about, “I don’t want this to go floating around.”

“Fine, Randy.” Alex agreed, still keeping it quiet, “How about we talk in one of those dugouts in that old, abandoned baseball field?”

Only about a half a mile away was an old baseball field that hadn’t been used in nearly a decade. After Randy had said yes, we simply walked our way over there, totally out of sight by anyone. Randy moved in a very stiff fashion, seeming like he was very uncomfortable at the moment. I knew he didn’t want to talk about this but if I didn’t say anything about it, it would haunt me for months to come.

When we had arrived, we stepped inside one of the concrete dugouts and sat down on the old, wooden bench inside. Meanwhile, Alex sat down on the concrete stairs leading out into the dusty field.

“I want to know something Randy.” Alex told him, not wasting another second, “You know what happened just last week. You gave us the nightmare of our lives.”

“What… is it that you want to know?” Randy asked Alex, feeling very uncomfortable.

“Who is Juno?” Alex asked coldly, “How was a normal, everyday Pikachu able to beat you?”

I was silent, and felt incredibly sick at that moment. I already perfectly knew the answer to that one, but I didn’t want to say anything at all. Neither of them knew it was me.

“I really don’t know.” Randy asked, trying to fight off the pressure, “I couldn’t understand his commands, and after he decided to enter the fight himself, he just never seemed to go down despite the serious beating I gave him. I hit him with everything I could, but nothing ever stopped him. I just don’t know how Juno was able to do it…”

“No, really Randy.” I asked him, trying to cover my tracks, “Just who is this Pikachu? You obviously know him somehow…”

Randy looked at me for an instant, and then started to look toward the ground by his feet.

“I always wanted a Pikachu.” Randy said sadly, totally avoiding any eye contact with either of us, “Juno is the name I would have given him if I ever caught one. Juno was a side of me that was a burden that wouldn’t go away no matter how hard I tried. It wasn’t any surprise he decided to battle me and he was the one who won. It seemed like he was always doing that.”

Interesting. I never thought of it that way. I was just about to say something when…

“You’re about to see the truth…” I heard a cold voice say out of nowhere...

Randy and I had looked up in complete shock, and Alex frantically turned around to see who had snuck up on us. In a feral instinct of paranoia, I suddenly became very defensive. Before us stood a brown haired man in black cloak, who seemingly just came out of nowhere. He was wearing sandals, and had a very stiff and aggressive look on his face, as if he was ready to fight at any second. He spoke very quickly and aggressively.

“Who the hell are you?” Alex asked in surprise.

“I want to know who the three of you are.” The fair-skinned man replied firmly, “Only now have I been able to track down the location of one of my most prized possessions, only to find it has been completely destroyed…”

He was obviously talking about the necklace. I don’t know how it ended up breaking, but there was something else I really wanted to know.

“You’re Quista, that powerful Kavaskian sorcerer?” I asked the man, not even wanting to guess of what he was capable of unleashing on us.

He started snickering. Instantly, at that moment, I felt like I had said something extremely stupid.

“So that’s who they think I am?” He asked mockingly, “My real name is Zander. I’m not Kavaskian either, someone had stolen that necklace from me thousands of years ago, and I didn’t even get the chance to use it. And no, I’m not a real human either.”

Now we were beginning to freak out. I thought this guy was going to murder us after we smashed his necklace, but for some odd reason, I couldn’t even bring myself to fight him…

“You’re…” Randy stuttered in total fear, “Not human…?”

“I don’t care about that right now.” Zander replied with a cold stare, looking right back at Randy, “One of you used my necklace, and created your own world. That necklace was meant for me. My long search for it had ended in its destruction, and I want to know who’s responsible!”

This was far worse than getting sent to the principal’s office for getting into a fight. This guy looked ready to kill us, and no one would ever find us here for days. Still, we were silent. Something in me said to point to Randy, but I never ended up doing so. Yet, just a week ago with my nasty personality, I would have been fingering him like crazy.

“So who was it!?” Zander shouted angrily.

We were still silent. Then, he gave us a really sick stare, and I was quivering. I thought my life was over at that moment.

“I can make you all become sunken with fear.” Zander glared with fury, “You think I don’t know what happened!? One of you became frustrated enough to use it in the first place, another created an alter-ego for himself, and the third became a servant for the first. The first of you used my necklace to create your own world, for only one pathetic purpose.”

“Stop it, please…” Randy begged, finding out the hard way this guy already knew the truth about us.

“You couldn’t tolerate your companions’ endless defeats, so you created your own companions and made yourself a champion.” Zander growled at Randy, “Can you possibly fathom how much of a waste you made of that necklace!?”

Randy was shaking his head. He didn’t want to believe this was actually happening.

“I couldn’t stand losing all the time at Pokémon battling.” Randy complained, “I needed something to help me win for once.”

“But that isn’t all.” Zander growled, looking angrily upon Randy most of all, “You were able to pull these Pokémon out from your dream world and pull them into reality. They currently remain with you at this moment.”

My question had been answered. Randy really had been able to do the same as I had, pulling something from his world into reality. Just like I had. I couldn’t help but think of all the other things I must have pulled out of there, with the thought of Juno being on the top of that list…

“I was going to use that necklace to go to the place of my desires so I could summon them into reality, but instead it was wasted on you!” Zander shouted angrily out of frustration, “Your purpose for using it was meaningless! It took me nearly a lifetime to craft that necklace!”

I kept my mouth shut. Now I knew why he had come to us from out of nowhere. Randy used his necklace for a stupid reason, stupid compared to what really could have been done with it. Hell, Randy could have created an endless amount of whatever the hell he wanted and pull it back into reality. Yet now… it was way too late for anything like that. I could see what was making this guy so angry.

“You…,” Zander said harshly, now facing me, “You are a completely different story. You wanted to free yourself from this maggot’s world by defeating him. The only way to do it was to hide yourself.”

Now Randy was looking at me in curiosity. Randy was going to find out everything in a matter of moments. I really didn’t want it to turn out this way, but like hell I had any choice about it.

“You disguised yourself from this maggot by turning yourself into his own, living desire.” Zander said with a hint of cynical laughter in his tone, “So you became a Pikachu by the name of Juno, and you defeated this maggot. When his world had vanished, you awoke to find yourself as normal human being. But by becoming another living creature in his world, you took his essence with you. The only reason why you’re not Juno any longer is because your purpose in this world is to serve it as Jake Kossak. But you won’t believe how easily this can be changed!”

“Jake, you were actually Juno!?” Randy asked me in complete shock.

“Randy…” I whispered to him, “Just shut the hell up…”

From the way this guy was sounding, it seemed he only needed a bit more than a snap of a finger to turn me right back into a Pikachu, and there wasn’t anything I could do to stop him…
Report Spam   Logged

[/align]
I, Neo Pikachu, hereby claim: Pikachu, Goku, Sasuke Uchiha, Madara Uchiha, Itachi Uchiha, and Pain.
People will vote for you anyway because you're awesome. In fact, I can think of at least one reason why you should win every single category. Even Best Female.

Arctic master
Some guy, lolling in the RP and Fan-fic section
Resident

The Articuno pic is NOT mine. By Ishtar Ameilia

Combination Topic Starter Level 4 Level 3 Level 2
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2009, 10:25:26 pm »

ONLY ONE CHAPTER AWAY FROM WHERE I STOPPED. @_@ OH THE IRONY!

Well, it was a sure kick reviewing over the last previous chapters I've read. At this point, I'm probably going to start pulling my act together to try to finish reading this awesome story. Keep it up, dude! =D
Report Spam   Logged

nya_chan's forums. Join, please.

People should stop writing fan-fics, if they're expecting support to continue them. If you want to start a fan-fic(or fan-FICS) You should write them because YOU want to, not because of how many people post or good comments you get on them. Still, put both quality and quantity(in paragraphs) in your work, add a banner, if the mood takes you, and finish what you start. Those are some of the good qualities of being a fan-fic writer, not just merely writing stories. ^_^

Mulan - I'll make a Man out of you song: Pretty catchy song. =D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSS5dEeMX64&feature=channel_page
mauralucky7
Resident

Combination Level 3 Level 2 Level 1 100 Posts
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2009, 06:57:51 pm »

Can't wait to catch upto where I am, I think its the third book? I couldn't help myself and found where you posted it earlier and kept reading XD. Great job
Report Spam   Logged

Neo Pikachu
Resident

« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2009, 08:07:06 pm »

Man, I was gone for quite some time, wasn't I? Thanks for the comments Arctic and Maura. *Sighs* Maura.... Maura.... Maura.... It is important to be patient. Anyway, Chapter 18-20 coming up!
Report Spam   Logged

[/align]
I, Neo Pikachu, hereby claim: Pikachu, Goku, Sasuke Uchiha, Madara Uchiha, Itachi Uchiha, and Pain.
People will vote for you anyway because you're awesome. In fact, I can think of at least one reason why you should win every single category. Even Best Female.

Neo Pikachu
Resident

« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2009, 08:12:09 pm »

Chapter 18
The Only Solution

Man, as if Randy’s first mistake hadn’t been bad enough, we were about to suffer a second time for it. I was wondering what the hell I had done to deserve this. I didn’t even know what Zander was if he wasn’t human, and my guess was as good as anyone else’s. The only thing I was aware of was he was angry at us for destroying his priceless necklace. What was to stop him from just making another one? Besides, making our lives a complete misery wasn’t going to help him get it back anyway.

“I don’t see why you would want to turn me back into a Pikachu.” I told Zander honestly, “It’s not like that is going to change anything. Why don’t you just make another necklace and be done with it?”

“It took me thousands of years to make that one!” Zander shouted in fury, despising how little I knew about these things, “I would force you to make a replacement, but you wouldn’t last long enough and you don’t even have half the power to do it. The only thing I can get from you is revenge.”

I thought Randy was going to be furious when I told him I was actually Juno. Instead, he had looked at me, and almost began to feel sick.

“I can’t believe…” Randy stuttered softly, “You went through all that trouble to just beat me. You almost killed yourself out there… I’m really sorry, Jake. I… never meant for you… to go that far.”

He certainly wouldn’t have said that a week ago. It seemed when we were in Randy’s world, all the suffering we encountered wouldn’t have been enough. Now, it seemed like he was truly beginning to regret it. Better late than never I suppose…

“That doesn’t matter now.” Zander said in a serious tone, “You’ve taken something from me that I’ve spent my whole life making and looking for. And here, after all these years, I find the three of you are the reason why that necklace no longer exists.”

“Hey man.” Alex told Zander in a casual tone, “I wasn’t any part of this. I’ll tell you right now…”

“You were an accomplice!” Zander shouted, totally interrupting Alex, “You’re no better than the others. For this, all three of you will be punished. I know only of a few torments that would accurately represent the pain and frustration you have given to me.”

From my side, this all sounded like serious lunacy. He obviously sounded like he had no interest in actually killing us, seeming like that was just an easy way out of it. I couldn’t imagine what this guy was thinking.

“I don’t know what the hell you’re even talking about.” Alex said straight to Zander’s face, “Let’s face it, the necklace is gone, pal. It’s over with. Maybe you should have made it more durable, ever think of that, genius?”

Zander stood there looking very infuriated at Alex. I honestly didn’t fear this guy. I had stopped feeling so afraid, and knew there was little this guy could really do to us. This guy didn’t have his necklace anymore, so what did I care?

“You destroyed my only possession, utterly wasting it on mere, pathetic desires that you didn’t even bother of preserving by making them real.” Zander growled in fury, “You wasted it completely! Now, I’m going to make the three of you suffer for what you’ve done. You’ll see what happens to those who infuriate me!”

Then, he outstretched his arm, opened his hand, and showed us his bare palm. I might have burst out laughing from that gesture, but seconds later the whole sky went black and the whole baseball field became a sick, crimson red. I felt nauseous and shaky as everything in front of me swirled like mixing paint. Everything slowly became black, and I passed out…

I had awoken, but had not opened my eyes. The air around me was cold, and I could feel a faint breeze coming from above. The floor felt cold and stiff, and only then did I open my eyes and take a look around me. For a moment, I felt paranoid. I knew it wasn’t long ago that I had felt this same feeling.

I then realized it was completely impossible for me to still be on Earth. The room was completely made of metal, mostly rusted scrap. Everything seemed so giant to me until I realized why that was…

I had become Juno again, a sight and feeling far too familiar. Those moments of horror were slowly coming back to me now. The fighting, the suffering, the loneliness were felt all over again. My long, yellow and black tipped ears, my thunderbolt-shaped tail, my posture, and my tiny, yellow hands, all of it made me immediately question if I was to spend the rest of eternity like this. I knew I couldn’t run away from it anymore. I took Juno and all his amazing powers out of Randy’s dream world, but little did I know this confirmation of acceptance would drastically change my destiny forever…

The room was a jail cell as I quickly realized the only window to the outside had bars around it, and the only exit was a circular, reinforced steel security vault door. There was no chance of ever getting past that thing. After looking around, I saw I was alone in this cold cell with no one but myself. No one but my persistent thoughts and fears…

My curiosity had taken a hold of me as I slowly climbed on top of the single, rickety metal bunk bed and made my way toward the window. When I slowly approached it, I had seen what was outside. It looked like Hell itself, like I had been condemned to this miserable place of damnation for all eternity.

The sky was a horrid mixture of red and gray with passing black storm clouds that were constantly moving and mixing. Thunder and lightning were always occasionally lighting up dark patches of sky, and I could feel the rumbling of thunder from far away. Despite how long I looked at it, it never once stopped…

Meanwhile, on the ground it looked like fields upon fields of a wasteland of twisted, dying trees had covered the landscape. In some places, fissures had opened up, seeming to be endless pits waiting to swallow up anything that had fallen in and never release them ever again. But nothing was moving, except for the flashing thunder in the skies above, the swirling of dark clouds, and the swaying of dead trees from a lonesome wind that quickly came and quickly passed.

Randy’s world was a joyful play land compared to this place. I sure didn’t want to stay in this miserable prison, but something kept asking me if going outside was any better. From what I saw, it seemed I was probably better off inside within the safety of my own cell. Even if Randy, Alex and I had gotten out of here, there wasn’t any chance we could possibly travel on that type of landscape. It seemed the land itself had gone mad…

As I looked at my tiny, yellow hands again, and I tried to wonder why Zander thought it was better for me to be a Pikachu. Did he think the whole thing was amusing or something? But no matter what, that wasn’t going to change anything. There probably was no place for Jake Kossak in this world. After all, my strongest belief was that this was a representation of Zander’s mind. Why oh why did I feel like I’d rather be off in Randy’s world, despite how incredibly awful it was? I had only been here for a few minutes, and I already wanted to get out of here.

I already knew the cast iron bars blocking the window were too thick and too close together to bypass, but even if I could, I don’t think I wanted to be walking alone in that geographical nightmare. I was hoping the other side of this prison wouldn’t be as freaky as the other, but I wasn’t going to place my bets on that.

I had approached the vault door, and tried to see if there was any lock whatsoever, but instead, all I saw was the back of the circular vault door, no keyhole or anything. Obviously, the only way to get out of here was if someone opened the door from the other side. I had no idea how long it was going to take before that happened, but waiting around for that to happen wasn’t going to help anyway.

After looking around, I truly saw no way out at all. I knew I wouldn’t get out of this nightmare if I just stayed here and waited to rot away. Someone was going to have to come and at least feed me something, or I would just die of starvation. Then I thought rationally. If Zander really wanted us to die, he would have killed us in that abandoned baseball field. He wouldn’t have waited for us to fall over, rot, and stink up his whole jail, or whatever this miserable place was. That wasn’t our purpose here, so there had to be something else involved.

The floor was made up of solid metal panels of an array of grays, browns, and silvers, all secured with extremely heavy bolts. They were nice and tight on the floor, and they weren’t going to come up without some sort of heavy construction tools, which of course I didn’t have. Plus the bolts were mostly rusted over, which meant they were pretty much stuck in there for good…

I had looked up at the ceiling, now seeing smaller square panels of a deep bluish metal, with smaller bolts on each corner that hadn’t been rusted over like the ones on the floor. I had looked up at all of them, and saw out of the corner of my eyes, there was a panel in the corner on the right side of the window, with one of its bolts missing on the right corner next to the wall.

If I were to remove that panel, it might just be a way out of here...
Report Spam   Logged

[/align]

Neo Pikachu
Resident

« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2009, 08:14:29 pm »

Chapter 19
The Midnight Struggle

The only problem with removing that panel was it was fifteen feet in the air, and there was nothing for me to even get close to it. I had turned to the bunk bed unit, which would reach high enough for me to remove the panel, but how would I be able to move it? If I were still human, it wouldn’t have been a problem, since the metal bunk bed wasn’t exactly the sturdiest thing in the room. But as a little Pikachu, it might be next to impossible.

Suddenly, to my surprise, the vault door had clicked, and slowly swung open. By the time I had turned around, I had seen a red, clawed hand holding a pewter bowl just suddenly drop the bowl it was holding by the door, and then just like that, it was quickly shut again.

Just for curiosity, I had walked over to the bowl, and I could have puked. It looked and smelled like hot, salty vomit. It was a musty brown and orange color, like somebody tossed their cookies in it, as well as took of dump of diarrhea all over what was there already. I didn’t care if it took me the rest of the week to move that bunk bed, there was no way in hell I was going to stay here.

I had grasped one of the metal poles supporting the upper deck and tried to pull as hard as I could. I must have pulled it five feet away from the metal wall before falling on my hands from exhaustion. I then tried pushing to see if that would change anything. It was a bit better, and I went a few more feet, but it was still at least twenty feet away from the wall, and I needed rest. It felt like pushing a truck in neutral…

After a few hours had passed, I gave it another shot, only to go seven more feet before my hands and feet were aching. I couldn’t go on, and I needed rest. But for now, I needed to get rid of that vomit soup, before they began to assume I was going to starve myself…

So, I grabbed the bowl, walked with it across the room, and dumped the stuff out the window. It was disgustingly lumpy and it smelled even worse as I poured it out, like real barf. I then promptly took the bowl, put it by the door, and then headed for the lower bunk of the bed. I didn’t care for the fact there weren’t any pillows and only one sheet. I was too tired…

The next morning, I was rudely awaken by the door opening again, and other bowl of morning puke to greet me. After the door was shut again, I quickly headed back to try and move the bunk bed. I pushed as hard as I could for as long as I could hold out, and soon enough, I finally made it to the other side of the wall. I then climbed my way up to the top bunk, which wasn’t any better than the first. I had made my way to the loose panel, and saw there were only three bolts I had to remove since one of them had already fallen out. I had put my hands on the first of the three, and turned it counter clockwise. This one hadn’t been in too tight either, and after about twenty spins, it came out. The other two were a bit harder, but after I tried hard enough, all the bolts came out, and the panel fell from the ceiling and onto the top bunk, revealing a hole in the ceiling.

The hole that was left was only a foot by foot square. While I might have had an easier time pushing the bunk bed as a human, there was no way I could fit through that hole as one. But now, being a Pikachu made all the difference. I ducked, positioned myself under the hole, and looked up.

It appeared to be some sort of ventilation duct of some sort, which was surprising since I didn’t see any vent grates in my cell. How considerate of them…

I put my hands on the edge, and hoisted myself into the duct. It was very dimly lit, so I had to first get adjusted to the darkness, and use the dim light coming from the other vents to see. I slowly crawled my way through the vent, making sure to be as quiet as possible. As I made my way about twenty feet, I had come across a vent leading to another room. When I looked through the vent grill, it looked like a guard’s lounge. I took a quick glance around the room and noticed the only ones in the room were an Ampharos and a Skarmory just standing by the table, talking to each other.

The room was completely metal as well, only it looked much cleaner than my cell. The table didn’t look in that great of a shape however, having rust patches all over the surface. The metal seats were crudely made, and two vending machines in the corner were on and humming but duct tape was all over the plastic window of the snack machine.

“I can’t believe they’re going to do it again…” The Ampharos said with doubt to the Skarmory, looking exhausted for some odd reason.

“Doesn’t matter.” The Skarmory quickly replied. “You know what happened to The Bend and Cyphex. Those cities lie in ruins now. This used to be their city too, until we trashed it and took it over…”

I was deeply wondering who and what they were talking about. I kept away from the grate so they wouldn’t see me, and I listened in…

They kept talking for over an hour, and I sat there listening to every bit of it. It sounded like they were talking about a war, one between a league called the Silver Rebellion and the Crimson Stars. It turned out this was a jail run by the Crimson Stars. It made me wonder for a moment. Why would Zander want to wage a war in the realm of his mind? Or maybe I was assuming the wrong thing? Maybe this wasn’t his world at all… But if that was the case, then where was I really?

“When do you think we will fight again?” Skarmory asked, looking curiously at Ampharos.

“It won’t be long before it’s all over.” Ampharos told him with pure confidence, “The Silver Rebellion doesn’t have any leaders left, they’ll all dead or in jail. Once we attack their capital of Symarix, it isn’t even going to matter any more. The rebels are fading.”

Who were these rebels, and what were they rebelling for? I was just about to leave when I realized something. My belt with my Pokéballs was hanging from a nearby rack, along with many others. How could these maggots steal my Pokémon? I sure as hell wasn’t going to let them get away with that. I moved right up to the grate, and kicked it as hard as I could. Perhaps a little too hard…

The grate popped out like it was only leaning against the vent hole’s rims. I didn’t care. Those Pokémon were mine, and no one was going to take them from me. I had looked out the vent, and jumped out, landing on a metal shelf unit that was right below. The Ampharos and the Skarmory immediately looked up at me.

“Who the hell are you!?” The Ampharos exclaimed, looking up at me in shock

“You’d better give back my Pokémon,” I told them both in a firm voice, “I don’t take anyone stealing anything from me lightly.”

“Oh man.” The Skarmory snickered, not taking anything of it seriously, “You are so dead for picking a fight with me.”

Almost immediately, the Ampharos charged up his own electric attack, and just before he fired it at me, I jumped off the shelf unit, and landed firmly on the table. Just a second later, the shelf was blasted with electricity, sending dozens of metal cans flying in all directions.

I shielded myself from the barrage of metal cans, and seconds later they had all hit the floor, creating a loud, clanging noise. When it was all over with, Ampharos had turned to me, not looking very happy at all.

“Boy, you are one dead puppy.” Ampharos sneered, “Do you really think you can take us down?”

“Yep, simply for the fact your electrical power can’t hurt me and your Skarmory friend can’t even take flight in here, so it’s going to be your loss.” I told him, saying it right to his face.

“That’s what you think.” Skarmory said in a cold tone, spreading his silver blade wings, and leaping right at me with steadfast determination.

And I don’t know what happened right after that, but I instantly felt myself go flying backward right of the table, and I saw the table was sliced in two equal pieces. I had hit the wall, and soon slid down the wall and onto the floor. I looked down and saw my chest had been badly scratched. I could feel the burn of pain all over me.

The two halves of the metal table had laid flat on the floor, and the Skarmory had been right between them. I then realized what he had done. I never imagined a Steel Wing attack to be so strong…

“You are nothing.” The Skarmory told me, looking at me in the corner, “I’ve fought much tougher Pokémon from the Silver Rebellion than you.”

“I’m not part of the Silver Rebellion.” I told the Skarmory as I got up off the floor.

For a moment, they actually seemed shocked that I wasn’t. But nonetheless, it was the truth. I didn’t even know who the Silver Rebellion was…

“Really?” The Ampharos asked in surprise, “Then where the hell are you from?”

“Heh, don’t bother.” The Skarmory smiled to his companion, “He doesn’t know.”

That punk. I immediately charged up as much electricity as I could and directed it right toward Skarmory. He only had a split second to react as he saw the incoming thunder, but it wasn’t fast enough…

Skarmory had been struck hard, and he glowed like a light bulb from the blast. After about ten solid seconds of generous toasting, I released my power, and Skarmory stumbled over and fell to the floor, landing on his chest with his thin, metal wings spread out.

But, even as that happened, the Ampharos looked to his fallen companion, and knew Skarmory had the disadvantage and couldn’t help it. But taking down Ampharos wasn’t going to be as easy…
Report Spam   Logged

[/align]

Neo Pikachu
Resident

« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2009, 08:17:43 pm »

Chapter 20
The Hostile Conflict

Everywhere, the room was a mess, with cans laying all over the floor, as well as the three metal chairs that had been knocked over and the two pieces of what as left of the metal table. I had looked over to the shelf unit and saw it was still smoking from Ampharos’s lightning blast.

“I don’t know who you are, but you’re asking for a lot of trouble.” Ampharos sneered, “This is a prison for the Silver Rebellion. The security protocols are unimaginable. Do you really think you can get out of here alive?”

“If it’s composed of worthless thugs like you and this other chump, it shouldn’t be a problem.” I told him, looking right into his black eye.

Ampharos sure hadn’t taken that comment lightly. He had frowned upon that, showed his gritting teeth and was twitching with anger.

“I am going to tear you to pieces, you runt!” Ampharos shouted angrily, “You’ve had it!”

Ampharos charged at me in a berserker fury, and lunged toward me, and I jumped into the air to avoid his grasp, sailing right over his body and landed right behind him as he slid through the slick of coffee on the floor. Ampharos had realized he had missed me, and after he got up, and turned around, I jumped into the air, turned myself in the air and smacked him right in the face with my sharp, jagged tail. Ampharos was sent stumbling backward, trying to grab on to something before he fell on his back.

Ampharos quickly got back up again and gave me a nasty glare. He began to sway his tail back and forward, quickly gathering up a harsh amount of electricity. Then, he released it, and I was surprised when practically the whole room lit up with an intense electrical power. Everything in the room except for the two of us had been deep fried. Behind me, the two vending machines had exploded, and a barrage of soda cans had blasted right out and went rolling onto the floor. The floor was suddenly dripping wet with root beer, cola, and orange soda. A can that hadn’t been destroyed had rolled right next to me, and I thought of an idea.

“You just messed with the wrong people pal.” Ampharos growled, “I hope you enjoy pain.”

Ampharos came rushing toward me, and I quickly grabbed the nearby soda can and shook it as hard as I could. I then pointed the mouth of the can at Ampharos and pulled the tab, spraying him with a cloud of amber-colored root beer, blinding him for an instant. I tossed aside the half-filled can and struck Ampharos with the hardest punch I could muster. Ampharos was sent flying backward, and then violently hit the back wall. After he slid down, he landed flat on his face, and he didn’t get up again. After a sigh of relief, I was glad that mess was over with.

I had no idea where Alex and Randy were being held, and I still needed to find a way out of here. I made my way toward the rack of Pokéballs, and saw somehow they were spared from that Ampharos’s insane electrical attacks. I looked for my belt, the glossy leather one that had my initials “JCK.” craved into its leather. Once I found it, I tied it around my waist, and headed toward the door. After realizing the door handle was much higher than it used to be, I jumped up to grab the metal latch, pulled it down with my weight, and kicked against the wall to swing the door open. Once it fully opened, I then moved my way into the dimly lit hallway.

The hallways were completely metal, as if this was a submarine. Pipes and wires ran across the ceiling, while metal panels similar to the ones in the cells covered the floor. My first objective was to find Alex and Randy, and hopefully get our butts out of here. I headed to the right, knowing I would be heading back in the same direction that my cell was. I had made my way down, knowing if anyone were to come down this hallway, there was no way for me to hide, and I would have no choice but to fight. I had come across another rusty, metal door that had a pull latch for a handle. I jumped, grabbed the metal latch, and kicked back to open the door.

My assumption was correct. I had seen rows upon rows of heavy steel, circular vault doors. The room was much larger than the hallway, but I saw something that made me jump. A single Primeape guard had been on patrol, and when I opened the door, he spotted me. He was wearing a light blue uniform, and his face was scarred and ugly.

“Well, it looks like we have an escapee.” The Primeape laughed, looking at me, “I’ll show you what we do to anyone who thinks they can get away from us!”

Heh, great. This was just what I needed. The Primeape had plucked out one of his Pokéballs, and threw it only ten feet away from me. After the white flash had begun to take shape and become colored, I saw what had emerged from his Pokéball. A dark brown, lethal-looking Ursaring. Upon seeing me, he took his sharp-clawed fists and punched them together, and I didn’t want to imagine what would happen if I got between those fists...

I could tell this wasn’t going to be pretty…

The giant, dark brown bear with his beige ring on his chest and razor-sharp teeth had growled at me, even though I hadn’t even done anything to infuriate him yet. The Primeape had rubbed his fists together, thinking this was going to be an easy picking.

“Ursaring, use your Slash attack!” The Primeape shouted in sadistic laughter.

Oh no…

Ursaring came stomping toward me, and outstretched his arm. I felt paralyzed with fear, and suddenly and swiftly, I thought I saw everything in front of me suddenly split in three as Ursaring’s claws tore into my face, and I found myself flying backward, and smacking my head right against the metal door. Boy, did that hurt like hell.

“Heh, heh heh.” The Primeape snickered.

I quickly got back up, however. After getting hit with Skarmory’s Steel Wing and Ursaring’s Slash, I was cut up pretty badly, but not enough to stop me. I had been through far worse than this.

I focused my attention, and began charging electricity. I then sent the massive wave of electricity right at Ursaring, and struck him in the chest. The giant bear Pokémon staggered back, grasping his torso and moaning in pain.

Then, I had crouched down and lowered my head. Ursaring wasn’t going to move now that he was paralyzed. After he had shook off the pain and began to approach me, I blasted right off the ground and everything around me became a white blaze. I slammed right into Ursaring’s chest once again, sending him flying backwards. After he had hit the metal floor and landed on his back, he appeared too weak to get back up.

“Err, Ursaring, return.” The Primeape replied in hesitation as he pulled out Ursaring’s Pokéball, aimed the red beam upon Ursaring’s body, and sucked him back into the Pokéball.

He gave me a glare, and then he was ready to pull out his next Pokémon. I was not enjoying this at all. He pulled out a second Pokéball, and threw it vigorously.

“Nah ha!” The Primeape laughed, “Go Seviper!”

The Pokéball had struck the metal floor, and long and behold, the light that spilled out of the Pokéball had begun to form into the black snake with a yellow diamond pattern running along his body. Seviper had one hell of a face, with long fangs and menacing eyes, along with a tail end that looked like a knife. Once he had fully emerged, he glared at me and hissed.

“Nah ha ha!” The Primeape laughed again, “Seviper, use your Poison Tail attack! Finish off this annoying Pikachu!”

“You are finisssshed!” The Seviper hissed at me, just before blasting toward me like a bullet.

I couldn’t even see Seviper it was so fast. For a moment, it seemed like it just disappeared, and then a split second later, I felt an intense spark of pain suddenly slide down my back. Only then could I see Seviper, only it was too late. I felt so much pain coming from all directions. And then, I started feeling terribly sick and nauseous, and it only got worse every passing moment. I was too weak to continue fighting, and I could barely move.

“Ha! Ha!” The Primeape laughed, pulled out a third Pokéball, “Now it’s all going to end right here! Nah ha!”

I could only just forlornly look up as I saw him holding his third Pokéball. I couldn’t believe it, what was he going to do, send out a third Pokémon on me? Couldn’t he see I was already pretty beat up?

“Pokéball, go!” He shouted as he tossed the Pokéball hard.

And just when he threw it, I realized he wasn’t sending out a third Pokémon. Just when I figured out what he was doing, it was too late. The Pokéball had slammed hard right on my head, and then I felt everything turn white, and felt like I was being pulled hard and fast, and then everything went black…

I tried harder and harder to get myself out of that Pokéball, but I wasn’t sure if I could do it…

It was then, that time itself seemed to slow to a crawl, where mere seconds felt like minutes. All I could do in that dark chamber was to try and push myself out. I struggled and struggled and then, something happened. I suddenly could see the blinding light again, and then, I felt like I was being pulled out of that chamber. Suddenly, when the blinding light had ended, everything came back into view, as if I had just pulled myself out of a daze.

The Primeape and his Seviper had appeared again, along with the rest of the room. I don’t know how I did it, but I somehow managed to get myself out of that Pokéball. The Primeape was surprised, looking at me like something had gone terribly wrong.

“What!?” He shouted in frustration, “Why didn’t that work!?”

I gave him a dark stare, and then Seviper looked at me, ready to start fighting again. Yet, despite what had happened, again the Primeape had just snickered and was ready to start again.

“Forget that.” He said, shaking off his anger, “Seviper, use your Bite attack!”

Seviper had lunged toward me like a bullet, and then I had remembered something. Even with Seviper dashing toward me with its mouth open as it readied its fangs, I concentrated and began to focus. Suddenly, Seviper’s speed had slowed to crawl, and then I dashed toward him, still rushing at my normal speed. Seviper moved around like it was crawling through tar, so it made it easy for me to get right on its back. I then charged my electricity, and send the forking thunder and lightning right into the back of Seviper’s head, and kept it going until I figured he couldn’t stand having his brain continuously fried.

Then, everything had returned to normal speed, and I jumped off of the collapsing Seviper, and faced the Primeape, who just stood there in disbelief.

“How did a little Pikachu like you just suddenly move so fast!?” The Primeape asked in shock, “That was no Quick Attack…”

No, it certainly wasn’t. It was something far more powerful than that. He had recalled his Seviper, aiming the red beam at Seviper and returning him to his Pokéball. But to my surprise, I had suddenly realized that was his last Pokémon.

As he began to back away, I had remembered he came with seconds of screwing up everything. If he had caught me with that Pokéball, I would have been stuck here, as his Pokémon. I didn’t look very lightly upon that at all.

“No,” He said as he backed away, “Don’t do anything funny…”

I needed him out of my way if we were going to have any chance of getting out of here. I focused my energy, and my red cheeks flared up again with electricity. Just as he turned around to try and get away, I directed the wave of thunder right into his back, shocking him powerfully just before he collapsed and was out cold. He lay there, completely still and unable to fight back. I had approached his fallen body, and found a cloth bag he had been carrying. Since I couldn’t pull it off with him lying on the floor, I opened the flap and looked inside.

Inside was a stockpile of healing items, antidotes, potions, and loads of other stuff. Right now, I had no choice but to use them, or otherwise I was going to collapse because of the harsh poison that Seviper injected into me.

Ugh, I hated using antidotes on my Pokémon, just because the things look so darn painful. It was a hypodermic with scarlet liquid it, not the most comforting of things to see. All I could do was expose the needle, prick myself with it, and release the scarlet liquid. Never once did I ever imagine I was going to have to one day use this on myself. Despite that, I had to hurry, or I wasn’t going to make it…

I removed the plastic covering on the needle, tossed it aside, and pricked myself with the sharp needle right in my side. Well, without a doubt, it sure was painful. Next, I put my tiny yellow hand on the release button on the top of the hypodermic, and pressed down. I didn’t want to watch as the scarlet liquid left the hypodermic’s container and entered into me.

But, amazingly, the sting from the poison was quickly flushed out and gone within only a few seconds. I pulled the hypo’s needle out from my side, and tossed it away. After quickly taking a glance at the empty hypodermic, I was not looking forward toward ever doing something like that again.

I had gone back to the bag and looked around for a Hyper Potion. After digging around for it, I found one and pulled it out of the bag. I removed the cap that stopped the potion from accidentally releasing the spray within the bag. I then pointed the nozzle at myself and pressed down on the spray lever, showering myself with tiny droplets. I was amazed how this stuff worked, it healed cuts in bruises within seconds. When it was finished, I felt completely refreshed, as if nothing had ever happened. Still, I couldn’t always rely on these things. I was definitely going to have to be more careful about it.

Next, I found the Primeape’s belt along with the ring of keys he had been carrying. I unloosened his belt, slid the metal key ring along his belt and removed them.

Now I just needed to find Alex and Randy…
Report Spam   Logged

[/align]

mauralucky7
Resident

« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2009, 11:51:59 am »

Wow there really is a long way to go... Nice story anyways
Report Spam   Logged

Neo Pikachu
Resident

« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2009, 10:50:39 pm »

Okay, I am reviving this Fan Fic. I'm only going to finish Trial of Juno I and then write Trial of Juno II in another thread. With that being said, I shall continue from where I left off.
Report Spam   Logged

[/align]

Neo Pikachu
Resident

« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2009, 10:53:13 pm »

Chapter 21
Crossing the Threshold

I had realized that in order to find Randy and Alex, I was going to have to go through cell by cell, and since I couldn’t see into them, I didn’t know who’s cell I was going to open. I didn’t really know what the Silver Rebellion was or who was in it, but I could already assume this place was loaded with them. As far as I knew, the Crimson Stars had frustrated me enough. Releasing their enemy would be my best chance for revenge, even if I did have no affiliation with them.

I had gone over to the first cell along the left wall, all the way at the end. It read, “A17” on a metal plaque by the keyhole, and I had looked at the key ring and found the corresponding key. I put the key in, turned, and slowly opened the heavy metal door.

Inside, the cell was exactly like mine, only by the bedside, I had seen a Cubone, a Squirtle, and a Clefairy lying against the metal bunk beds. They looked exhausted, but when they saw me open the door, they looked up.

“Who are you?” The Cubone asked me, suddenly surprised to see the door open for once.

“Come on, I’m busting you out of here.” I told them all, knowing I was going to need all the backup I could get to get the hell out of here.

In an excited ecstasy, they had gotten up, and scrambled to the door. The Squirtle and the Clefairy had run out the door, but the Cubone had stopped in the doorway, and looked at me curiously for a moment.

“That’s funny, I don’t recognize you from the Silver Rebellion…” The Cubone told me, looking me over.

“I’m not a part of it.” I told him, not really looking forward to getting myself mixed up in this mess.

“Heh, well you are now, whether you like it or not.” The Cubone replied in a somewhat amused tone, “Come on, let’s get everyone out of here.”

I had turned around, and headed to the next cell, and found the key. I was really hoping I wasn’t making a serious mistake by doing this. I put the key in the keyhole, and turned it clockwise until it stopped. After I heard the release pulled in, I opened the cold, metal door. Again, it was the same setup as before, only now I found a Sandshrew and a Marill inside the cell, both looking like they’ve been in there for way too long.

“Am I seeing things?” The Sandshrew asked, looking at me, “You’re not one of them, are you?”

“Nope,” I told them quickly, “Come on, let’s go before someone catches us.”

They both dashed for the door, and after the cell was empty, we then shut the door. I quickly moved to the third cell from the wall, and found the key I needed. Now, I felt like I needed to move faster and faster. The Cubone insisted that I hurry up, so that’s what I did. I stuffed the third key in the keyhole, and opened the door.

Inside was a solitary Pichu, sitting on the bed with his eyes staring at the floor and his ears drooping downward. I was surprised for a moment. He didn’t seem to be in such bad shape like the others had been. I walked over to him, and he still looked down, not willing to face me, even though he had been aware of my presence.

“I don’t know who you are, but I don’t belong here.” The Pichu said to me, just on the verge of crying.

“That’s why I’m taking you out of here.” I replied, trying to comfort him.

“You don’t understand, this isn’t the real me.” He said sadly, with a tear rolling down his face, “I’m…”

I couldn’t understand what he was trying to say. Maybe I was wrong. Maybe he had been here way too long…

“I’m…” He stuttered, trying to continue, but finding it really hard to, “not… actually… a Pichu…”

“What?” I asked, finding that strange, “Then… what are you?”

He was silent, trying to gather his thoughts. I couldn’t understand what he meant.

“My real name… is…” The Pichu stuttered.

“What?” I asked him quickly, “What is it?”

“Randy…” The Pichu replied…

I couldn’t believe it. How could it have happened? I looked closely at the Pichu, truly unable to see anything that could relate him to Randy. Was this some sort of a joke?

“Randy?” I asked the Pichu, looking into his shiny eyes, “Is that really you? Randy Ferguson?”

He had looked at me, looking at me with curious eyes. I could tell what he was thinking.

“How did you know my last name?” He had asked, truly wondering who I was.

“That’s because I’m someone you know.” I told him with a smile, “I’m Jake Kossak…”

Randy had looked at me, unable to believe. He then shook his head, unable to understand.

“You were the first to collapse.” Randy told me quickly, “He said he wanted to remind you of something, and I guess this was it.”

“What did he say to you?” I asked him, trying to figure out what I had missed.

“He said I should be something that shows how… weak and… inexperienced I am.” Randy said, just on the brink of sobbing again.

What a schmuck. Just then, Cubone had poked his head out from behind the wall and peered in.

“Hey, what’s taking you so long in there!?” He shouted out, “We’ve got to get out of here as soon as possible!”

“Come on, Randy.” I told him, wishing he would stop worrying, “Let’s get the hell out of here.”

Randy just hopped off the metal bunk bed and landed on his feet. I then began to head out of the room, and he began to follow me.

“Hey!” Cubone shouted, looking at Randy, “Who’s the little guy?”

“He’s… my friend.” I told him, “Come on, let’s just get going.”

I then continued to unlock door by door, releasing what seemed to be practically a small army of Pokémon. I hadn’t been faced with resistance for quite a few minutes now, but even if someone had come to stop us, they wouldn’t stand much of a chance with all this united effort.

“Come on!” Cubone shouted, “I know where the exit is!”

But then, Randy had turned to me, and he seemed anxious about something. I could tell what he was anxious about too…

“Where is Alex?” He asked me, knowing we didn’t find him in any of the cells.

“We have to go look for him…” I told Randy, heading in the opposite direction that the rest of the Pokémon were heading.

“Where do you think you’re going!?” The Cubone asked me in shock, seeing I was running in the other direction.

I had stopped and turned back for a moment. I had noticed Randy was following me.

“There’s someone I know that should still be here!” I shouted back, “We need to go find him!”

“There can’t be…” He shouted back, “These are the only cells in this whole prison. He would have to be held somewhere else…”

That didn’t make sense. If Alex wasn’t here, then where was he? I was just about to turn around and follow Cubone when Randy had got my attention. It seemed I was leaving something behind…

“Where are they hiding my Pokémon?” Randy asked me, looking up.

“They’re in a guard’s lounge room.” I told him, knowing it wasn’t too far away, “Come on, it won’t take us that long to get there.”

I took him by his tiny, yellow hand and we ran back through the hallway. Already, I could see liquid slowly seep out from behind the metal door that led to the room. I took him in there, and once again, I felt the cold sting of sticky soda all over the floor when I stepped in it. We entered the room, and I had found the rack with the Pokéballs. The room was darkly lit, since the metal overhead lamp had been destroyed.

“Which one is mine?” Randy asked, looking up at the many different belts on the rack.

“Who cares, let’s just take them all.” I told him as I tried to climb to the rack.

I had removed the rack from the wall by ripping out the nails, which were terribly loose and not at all hammered in very well. I dragged the rack back into the hallway, and Randy followed me, helping me pull the heavy rack along. Then, suddenly, a loud alarm had sounded off, and a red pulsing light had filled the hallway.

“Uh oh…” Randy said to himself, looking up around the room.

“Come on, let’s get out of here already…” I urged him, not wanting at all to get locked up again.

We dragged it faster and faster, and then we ended up in the jail room. When I caught sight of Cubone, he almost was ecstatic. He looked at the Pokéballs like they were the last bit of oxygen on the planet.

“Hurry!” Cubone shouted, “We don’t have much longer. Once they initiate the lockdown of the whole prison, there will be no way out of here!”

I certainly wasn’t going to wait for that to happen. Already, everyone else but Cubone had already left, and now we quickly rushed to follow him. Just past the second metal door of the jail room, there was an exit leading out. Randy and I quickly dragged the rack outside, and not a second too soon. Just after Randy had stepped out of the door, a barrier of metal bars had thrust out from one side of the door to the other, blocking the doorway. We had just made it. I could only hope Alex wasn’t still in there, and I was willing to take the Cubone’s word for it, but if that wasn’t the case, we would never be able to get to him now…

I had looked upon what was of the outside world, and couldn’t believe my eyes. As Randy and I looked upon the fields, the black ruins of a massive city had lied before us. The land was charred black in various places, and the fragments of tall buildings lay around us like twisted, jagged thorns. All that was left was a field of twisted, empty shells. Above it all was the fiery colored sky with its occasional flashes of thunder endlessly clashing in the air, the same nightmare I had seen from my cell window…

“My God…” I gasped in shock, “What could have done this…?”

“That’s the Crimson Stars for you.” Cubone replied, looking upon the disaster, “They did all of this, and without mercy. This used to be ours…”

And then, Marill had emerged from the group, looking upon Cubone. He seemed a bit distressed…

“Sir, we had better let loose our mounts before the Wind Strikers arrive…” The Marill said with anxiety.

“Wind Strikers…?” Randy asked, feeling a bit worried.

“They’re sentinels who ride Skarmories.” Cubone warned him, “They’re fast, lethal, and unforgiving. Their weapons are also highly advanced.”

Boy, I couldn’t wait to see this…

Cubone hadn’t taken long before he told me to hand around the belts of Pokéballs. When they started to release their mounts, I realized what these “mounts” were. Each one of them had a Pidgeot on them. Soon enough, at least fifty Pidgeots had been let out of their Pokéballs, and the Pokémon that had released them actually climbed right on their backs and took flight.

“Uhhh…” Randy said to the Cubone in hesitation, “We don’t have a Pidgeot…”

“You don’t?” Cubone asked in some surprise, “You weren’t part of our Storm Rider division that was captured?”

Randy seemed a bit embarrassed. Couldn’t blame him. I didn’t know what a Storm Rider was either…

“What are the Storm Riders?” Randy asked, looking at Cubone in curiosity.

“That’s who we are.” Cubone responded, “We’re at war with the Crimson Stars, and some of us use Pidgeots as a means of transportation and a means of attack. The Storm Riders are the air force of the Silver Rebellion…”

“This is so amazing…” Randy said in awe, just looking at all the Pidgeot riders.

Well, I didn’t have a Pidgeot, but I had something better. Latias. I grabbed Latias’s Pokéball, and I tossed it onto the ground. Sure enough, there was a flash, and the white light had formed into Latias. She had looked around, having no idea where she was again. I couldn’t blame her for feeling so confused at that moment…

And then, suddenly, all eyes were immediately turned toward me, except for Randy and Latias. Any of the Storm Riders that hadn’t already taken flight had just completely stopped and just stared at me. They just looked at me blankly for a few moments, and said nothing. I had looked back at them, and had absolutely no idea why they were looking at me that way. I had no idea what was going on…

“And he will come at your most dire time of need…” Cubone had softly murmured, still blankly staring at me in a strange way, “He will arrive upon a bird as red as blood, and as white as lightning…”

“Were you saying something?” I asked Cubone, knowing he really was but wanted to know what it was about.

“When the skies turn into fire and the land is burnt into ash, he will come. We have waited too long for this day to arrive…” Cubone stated in a firm tone, “The restless masses, the battles, the nightmares… When the night seems endless and all hope has faded, he will come, and he will go by the name of Juno…”

Now he was freaking me out. How the hell did he know my name? And why was everyone staring at me? He sounded like he was reciting something like he had read countless times. I thought we needed to get out of here before the Wind Strikers came. Why was everyone just waiting around?

“Where are we?” Latias asked, looking around.

“I will tell you later, Blazewing.” Cubone said to Latias, “The enemy comes, part now we must.”

Blazewing? I didn’t get it. Still, before I could even say anything, Cubone had just looked forward, patted the side of his Pidgeot, and she spread her wings, and took flight into the sky. Soon after, the rest of the Storm Riders had lifted off the ground, and just left us along.

“Come on Randy, let’s go.” I told him, pulling him by the hand and making my way onto Latias’s back.

“How did he know your name?” Randy asked me, looking at Cubone and his Pidgeot strangely.

Hell if I knew. I was asking the same question myself. Soon after, Latias jumped off the ground and we flew swiftly through the air, looking upon the charred remains of the city below. The fissures consuming the city were deep, very deep. It was pretty easy to see there was no way to cross this land without flying over it…

“Latias,” I suddenly asked her, “Is your name really Blazewing?”

“Yes it is…” Latias told me, finding his behavior strange as well, “Only my family has known about that for the longest time. I was named after one of the brightest stars in the sky. I don’t know how that Cubone ever found out about it though…”

Neither did I…
Report Spam   Logged

[/align]

Neo Pikachu
Resident

« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2009, 05:31:31 pm »

Chapter 22
The City of Symarix

We had flown over miles and miles of ruined desert land, cracked and charred with canyons of endless pits lying everywhere. This was the most treacherous land I have ever seen, worst than the driest desert and the coldest of snowy wastelands. It was impossible to even walk on foot, never mind the distance. If this wasn’t Hell, then it had to at least be very close to it…

As I looked ahead, I saw the fifty Storm Riders, with each of their Pidgeots beating their wings in the hot air. Above us, the crimson sky flared above us with its swirling, dark clouds. I had then suddenly realized the thunder never once hit the ground. I had no idea where I was, and at this moment, I had no idea what the Storm Riders of the Silver Rebellion wanted me to do. The reaction was incredibly bizarre, and all I could do was just follow them…

As we continued to fly on I saw the ground below us was slowly beginning to change from bottomless canyons to an arid desert, but it was still a wasteland. The endless fissures were less plentiful, and the land could actually be walked on now. And then, far in the distance, I saw what looked like a black, massive metropolis just on the horizon. As we got closer and closer to it, it was absolutely the most gigantic city I’ve ever seen. The circular buildings towered hundreds and hundreds of stories tall. The streets were much wider than most cities on Earth, yet the number of motor vehicles was drastically low. Plus they didn’t look anything like the ones on Earth. All of them looked like they were unpainted, and were just manufactured for purpose only rather than all the luxury cars that I had seen.

I had seen the city was well fortified, with a fifty foot wall made of metal surrounding the city, with large, metal cannons mounted on the walls. As we got closer, I saw each of the buildings were also made of black metal, yet I had no idea how they were able to make all of this by themselves, especially under these harsh conditions. Towards the center was one massive and towering building, shaped like a spire. I could look in any direction and just couldn’t believe all of this was actually real…

We had headed toward the center of the city, to an area just near the giant spire. As we flew downward, I caught sight of what seemed to be a military encampment, with many bunkers and training grounds. All I did was just follow Cubone, since he seemed to know the most about this place.

We had finally landed on a training ground, and I looked up and saw the spire building tower in the sky like a stairway to the heavens. I couldn’t even tell where the tower ended it was so high up. Shortly after, I had gotten off Latias, and Randy had followed me. We stood on that warm, metal ground and looked up. He too, seemed amazed at the sight.

“What… is this place?” Randy asked in amazement, looking at all the giant buildings around him.

“Symarix.” The Cubone had told Randy, “And I don’t believe I have introduced myself. My name is Sever. And I’d like to welcome you to our city.”

“Well, thanks.” Randy replied, still looking around at everything with his eyes, “Though I have really no clue where we really are…”

Latias had looked over and looked at Randy for a moment, just totally enveloped with all the sights around him. Then she looked to Sever.

“Neither do I.” Latias told him, slowly and firmly, “Just where are we and how did we end up here?”

“They call this world Kivistal.” Sever informed her, as well as the rest of us, “Sadly enough, it wasn’t always like this. There was a time when war hadn’t shaped the world like it does today…”

The whole city seemed to be designed for those small and large alike. As I looked around me, I couldn’t imagine how something so giant could have been built by Pokémon alone. It seemed like it could have taken forever to construct…

And what continued bugging me was the location of Alex. Just where was he, and was he even still human? I knew the later was probably no considering what had become of Randy. It pretty much seemed like no one here was human, which was definitely an odd occurrence. No doubt, it would take some time getting used to. And then again, I questioned myself with the wonder of exactly how long was I going to end up staying here…

Sever had broken my concentration, looking at me sharply. The rest of the Storm Riders had looked at me with a stare as well. Again, I just didn’t understand what this staring was all about.

“We need to talk to Jamac.” Sever told the two of us, “I’m quite sure he will want to know of your arrival.”

“Who is Jamac and where is he?” I asked Sever, looking at him in the eye.

Cubone had turned to face the tallest, towering building in Symarix, and then he pointed to the area all the way on the top. I had looked up, and saw the top of that one, giant tower was strongly built and extremely well-defended. Still, it seemed like such a long way up…

“Come.” He told me, already walking toward the tower, “The sooner the better.”

I had taken out Latias’s Pokéball, but Sever had stopped me, putting his hand on it, beckoning for me to put it away. I just looked at him strangely, and shrugged as I put the Pokéball back on my belt.

“I’m just returning Latias to her Pokéball.” I told him, not having any idea why that was so objectionable, “What’s the big deal?”

“I want Blazewing to be present when we meet Jamac.” Sever told me in a serious tone.

I just shrugged and put the Pokéball away. Randy was already looking around, having no idea how we ended up in this mess, and I couldn’t disagree with him. Right now, Sever was being way too overly serious, not the way he was before I released Latias from her Pokéball. Nonetheless, I just followed him and Randy and Latias had followed not too far behind.

After a small march through the city, it seemed like the only thing not made of metal in this city were the streets, which were black asphalt. After looking around, at the shiny metal buildings, I could only guess metal and iron ore were more in abundance than concrete was, but I never really knew the reasoning behind that. Meanwhile, the vehicles that passed around through the streets were like tanks, being over fifteen feet tall and completely armored. It made me wonder if they served another purpose than just transportation…

Somehow, for reasons I couldn’t fathom why, my presence besides Latias was enough to stop traffic, and turn the heads of Pokémon just walking down the streets. I just kept looking forward, but out of the corner of my eye, they just stared at me and began talking among themselves. Nonetheless, we just kept walking…

It was going to be hard to get used to a city made up of nothing but Pokémon when I had gotten so used to cities composed of people. It almost seemed like… everything had been flipped upside down. I was beginning to think it was the work of Zander who did this, but there was nothing to really tell me why he would do such a thing. But after all, he turned Randy and me into Pokémon. Maybe all these others were just like us. Maybe everyone here was just another person who got in his way…

After a long walk, we had finally arrived at the massive tower, but it actually didn’t look so tall when we were right next to it. I was guessing it was just my perspective. Sever hadn’t waited one moment before we approached the entrance, made of glass windows and sliding glass doors. To my surprise, they were electronic, and slid open with proximity. As we stepped inside, I had no idea what I was just about to face…

Immediately, we had entered the massive lobby of this giant tower, which was also completely metal with many wooden doors leading to other rooms, except for two very large metal doors on the opposite side of the room. Throughout the red carpeted room, there were various statues made of metal on the walls, as well as one in the center of the room. I had looked at the ones off to the sides, which appeared to be Pokémon that once ruled this place. There was a Slowking, a Swampert, a Marowak, and many others. Then, my eyes had caught sight of the one in the center, and it nearly shocked the life out of me…

“What the…?” Randy asked as he looked up at the bronze statue.

It was statue larger than life, made of shiny bronze with a polished wooden mount. But it wasn’t that which had shocked me. It was a statue of a Pikachu riding a Latias with a steadfast look in his eyes. The wind was blowing past his ears, as Latias seemed to be heading forward at a thunderous pace. On a small plaque on the wooden mount, it read:

Juno and Blazewing, protectors of the righteous Silver Rebellion. May their paths one day cross ours.

My jaw nearly dropped. Latias and Randy couldn’t believe it either. The Silver Rebellion believed we were already heroes. They made me look more important than… their own rulers. I didn’t understand any of it whatsoever…

“As you can see, we have been waiting for your arrival for some time.” Sever told the three of us as we just stared at the statue.

And then he continued moving on, just beckoning for us to follow him. After snapping to our senses, we headed toward two massive doors without handles, but I couldn’t help but keep my eyes on the statue. Then, I just faced forward, and I realized what the doors were. It was a giant elevator, probably the only way to the top. I had turned to Sever as he put in a security access code on a keypad on the wall. Suddenly, the elevator roared to life, and the two giant, steel doors slowly opened. I just shrugged and walked into the elevator like there was nothing to it.

The floor was carpeted by an ornamental rug, and the walls were actually paintings, all scenes depicting Storm Riders flying through the fiery sky in combat with the Wind Strikers, a counterpart of the Storm Riders where the riders were each mounted on a Skarmory rather than a Pidgeot. In the paintings, the Wind Strikers were losing quite miserably. Not one Storm Rider was seen dying, and there were some who were wounded but in a charismatic way.

“We will soon be meeting the headmaster Jamac.” Sever said as Randy and Latias entered the elevator and the heavy metal doors closed behind them, “No doubt he will be most pleased to see you have finally arrived.”

Yeah, that was great, but what was he going to expect me to do? I’ve never been a military leader, if that’s what they really thought I was going to do with my time here. The one time I fought Randy’s Pokémon and the incident that happened at the jail were my only instances of me really getting into a fight. But I’ve never actually led someone into combat…

As the elevator continued to ascend higher and higher, all I could do was wait and wonder why I was seen as such a savior to the Silver Rebellion. But I already knew I had rescued one of their Storm Rider regiments. Despite all that was going on, I was still just looking for a way to get home, and I mean the real home, where my real family was. It was never really my intention to get involved with all this…

And then, we had reached the top floor, and the elevator stopped. Then, the metal doors had slowly opened to reveal another long, carpeted hallway with many wooden doors, and then at the end of the hallway, there were two very fancy and ordinate-carved doors with golden trim. As Sever had continued walking, right toward the two fancy doors at the end of the hallway, all we could do was just follow him, and then, he had arrived at the doors. We stood there silently, and then, Sever pulled down on the metal levers, and pushed open both doors at the same time.

When the doors had opened, we were greeted with amazement. There was a giant throne room, with the floor made of white marble with a red carpet leading from the door to the mounted thrones. The walls and ceiling were made of white stone, and golden chandeliers were suspended from the ceiling. On the two side of the red carpet, there were masses of soldiers waiting. On the throne, a fiery Blaziken sat down, while a Vigoroth and a Zangoose stood by his side. Sever continued on, and we just followed him. As we passed by the various ranks of soldiers in Jamac’s council, they saluted me, even though I hadn’t even done anything yet. I just didn’t get it…

I began to feel that if I was going to even have the slightest chance of getting out of here, it was going to be by working with these guys and nail Zander, if that was at all possible. As I got closer and closer to him, I realized I would need to treat Jamac with ultimate respect. Being branded as a traitor or an outcast would only make things far worse. With Randy and Latias at my side, I finally arrived at Jamac’s throne, and I kneeled down, and Randy did the same. I bent down my head, looking down toward the floor.

“So, it’s the one they call the Gold Rider…” The Zangoose said, almost in a cynical tone.

“You have come at last, Juno.” Jamac smiled strongly, “This is the chancellor Sinis and General Achilles, and I am Jamac, the ruler of the Silver Rebellion. It is an honor to finally meet you.”

“No.” I told him quickly, “The honor is mine. I want to thank you for accepting me into your ranks.”

Sinis the Zangoose crossed his arms with his long, black claws sticking out, and looked down upon me. For some reason, it seemed like he really didn’t believe I was the one. After all, I didn’t even know who or what told these guys I was even coming to town.

“We have been fighting the Crimson Stars for a long, long time.” Jamac told me in a firm tone, “They have massacred endless amounts of our finest soldiers and they’ve ruined our great cities. The Divine Prophecy states that you would one day come to our aid, and turn the tide of this war.”

“So here I am.” I told him, sincerely hoping he wasn’t expecting I would be able to do it all by myself.

And then, Sinis just turned away, not looking very pleased. I didn’t know if it was just jealously or something else.

“Oh come on.” Sinis moaned in an annoyed tone, “The prophecy is a fairy tale for children. Juno is just another warrior, like the rest of them. I don’t see why he’s any more important than they are.”

And then, he looked down right at Randy. All Randy could do was just look up at Sinis, and he realized Sinis was so much taller than he was.

“And who’s the tiny Pichu?” Sinis asked, glaring down at Randy. “Does the prophecy mention this as well?”

“He’s my companion.” I told him, not liking his attitude.

“Enough Sinis.” Jamac said firmly, “Tell me, what is your name?”

And now, all eyes were on Randy, and he began to get a bit nervous. I could see he was beginning to twitch.
Report Spam   Logged

[/align]

mauralucky7
Resident

« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2009, 02:35:19 pm »

Yay we are finally in the city! Nice jojb once again Neo, and I'm glad that you are contnuing the story.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum