Aisenfield
April 18, 2024, 06:37:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: STOP! Hammer Time.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Roleplay Creation Request Thread

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Roleplay Creation Request Thread  (Read 4903 times)
Terak
Occassional Appearer-After-Long-Spans-of-Time
Global Moderator
Resident

Possibly a Ghost

Badges: (View All)
Level 6 Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Linux User
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2009, 07:24:11 pm »

Cool!  DB, I await your post (since you were kinda in on this before the rest of us).  Um, Terak, I've never seen you on MSN before in any of my chats.  Do you have it?  And if you don't, do you know how to install it?

On a totally unrelated note . . . I've been flipping through my collection of pictures, and I came across the Many Faces of Terak that you made back during Crater.  Do you mind if I rip off the eyes and mess with them a little?
Oh, I have MSN, like CM said. I just don't use it a lot.

And by all means, feel free to disfigure my character and rebuild him however you wish. I can send you the fully-sized, pixelly Paint version if you'd like to be more precise in your facial reconstruction experiments. I made him to be a test subject in the first place.
Report Spam   Logged
Picard
Tamamo-no-Mae
Administrator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Beyond the Horizon

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Level 7 Linux User
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2009, 10:14:04 pm »

Of course I'm in. I'm only free on weekends, though, which would be your Friday and Saturday late nights/early mornings respectively. Be warned: I am extremely nonsensical in IMs and then to go overboard with craziness.

EDIT: Oh, and Terak almost never comes online. :\

EDIT 2: Kenta wanted me to talk about the Reunion roleplay (for the Suikoden dudes who have returned recently) which Tyren had bugged me to create and Kenta had discussed it with me, so here I am, making the second edit of this post. BlueRam, Kel, Mightymike, and whoever else I've missed out, if you're reading this, please give comments and suggestions. I'm not too good with describing the process of making the RP, so I'll just post the current draft. It's set in a slighty more advanced but still modern era, where fantasy and reality mix... and is heavily influenced by Final Fantasy.

+ + + +

There are truths that shield themselves behind veils, and are best spoken by implication. Even the sun veils himself in his own rays to blind the gaze of the too curious starer. - Amos Bronson Alcott

In the beginning of mankind, the Great Will forged four crystals which bore the power to govern the forces of Earth, and a royal bloodline was assigned to be guardians of each. They were the testament of God’s existence in addition to maintaining the balance of the world should a natural disaster occur. The early times passed by quickly, for humans respected the authority of the wise kings and peace and prosperity seemed eternal. However, as civilization progressed and men became educated, their lust for power and dominion over others manifested within their hearts. Kingdoms waged wars with one another, hoping to gain control of the crystals and thus the world, leading to a massive bloodshed and devastation of many nations and lives, later named the Crystallis War. In the end, the remaining countries were forced to sign a treaty to end the conflicts due to the considerable losses suffered by all of them. Peace returned to the world once more, albeit at a heavy price.

A.D. 2036, five hundred years after the Crystallis War, countries were no longer fighting each other, but prospering under globalization and free trade. The royal bloodlines were no longer rulers of their countries, merely guardians of the Crystals, due to the rise in popularity of democracy. They had fallen to the status of heretics, protectors of has-been monuments that should have been used to benefit mankind, yet it was clear to them that the Crystals will only be abused by the greed of men. Nevertheless, the story revolves not with these sentinels, but those that side with or against them.

+ + + + +
This is a world slightly more advanced than Earth, with the power to create androids and cyborgs (human-robot hybrids, usually for life-extension or limb-replacement purposes), but modern cities are more similar to ours: tall skyscrapers, busy roads, cosmopolitan societies. Since this is also a fantasy genre, elves, Felinefolks, Featherfolks and the likes are allowed. Note that True Vampires however, border on godmod levels are generally not allowed, for they are immortal and indestructible even by sunlight.

Factions
Tartarus: Powerful mega-corporation akin to Shinra of Final Fantasy VII, providing energy to the bulk of the world due to their ownership of the majority of oil fields around the globe in addition to developing methods for utilizing solar and sound energy. It possessed such an enormous influential power that it acted as the de facto government for the world, and employed a massive military force to secure their control of the planet. The Tartarus seeks to obtain the Crystals for its own gain, for their infinite power would provide an endless source of energy to fuel the world and of course, an unimaginable gain in profit to completely seal their monopolization of the world. Of course, Tartarus’ success is further attributed by its way of governance by keeping the people in-line via provision of food and entertainment- a costly policy but one which maintained order. The Tartarus is run by Louis Cyphre, a mysterious blonde that made many public appearances to speak to the masses, yet nothing is known about him.

Erebus and Scientia: Erebus is a giant magic association with branches across the globe, founded to push magic to its limits and discover new forms or uses of magic, whereas Scientia is the scientific twin of Erebus. Within each society, there are people who are for and against the use of the Crystals for its potential to bring breakthroughs to magic and science. Both associations often co-operate in the betterment of mankind, and are often referred to together as the E.S. Corp.
(I left this section vague so that you can fill in the lack of details with your own imagination.)

(The two below are trivial information you can make use of or choose to ignore. It's just to add more background and color to the RP.)
Head of the Erebus: Grandmaster Magi Zeruel Loa, age 65, an aged magician who is also the founder of the Loa Orphanage, where orphans are taken care of and trained in the ways of magic as well as science, if they choose to. Once known as the child prodigy, he discovered and designed many magicks that are used today.

Head of Scientia: Chief Russell Anders, age 45, an apathetic scientist who invented and patented many important inventions and improvements, such as carbon nanotube muscles which made humans superhuman in terms of physical abilities and the first self-learning intelligent android. He is utterly objective, caring little about emotions when it comes to his field of work.

Crystal Sentinels – Note that all of them have physical abilities beyond the normal capabilities of any normal being, otherwise they wouldn’t have lasted very long against those trying to rob the Crystal. Basically, they’re godmoddish and usually protected by plot armor. These characters don't appear often and usually comes out only for plot developments.

Saphiel Sorel: Aged 18, the youngest of the four. Her youthful appearance belies her incredible power, known as the Ice Witch for her fearsome magic. Unlike the other protectors, Saphiel attends the Erebus Academy and is under protection as well as guardianship of Zeruel Loa due to past ties with the predecessors of the Grandmaster Magi. Despite her warm-hearted and altruistic demeanor, she often faces discrimination and prejudice by her fellow classmates due to her status as a Sentinel.

Satsuki Ryougi: Aged 24, Satsuki Ryougi came from an ancient line of demon-slayers, bearing the ability to wipe out anything that exists due to her mystic eyes that can perceive death in the form of lines and dots, which can be cut or pierced with a sharp object, effectively erasing the object or organism from existence. She can even “kill” the distance between her and her enemy, effectively allowing her to teleport. Her strength lies within her self-suggestion, which enforces her physical and mental abilities when she is using a katana which she carries around constantly, making her a foe to be reckoned with. She is aloof and acts masculine, speaking in a low pitched tone to sound like a man.

Lee Shun Xiong: Aged 33, Lee is a surprisingly friendly albeit sarcastic warrior specialized in the ways of stealth, taking out his opponents before they would realize what hit them. He holds sway over electricity, making him a dangerous enemy against anything mechanical. Another skill he boasts is shadow translocation, the power to shift from one shadow to the next, allowing him to slay his enemies silently.

Lawrence Caelum: Aged 29, Lawrence is the strongest of all four. He can summon blades out of thin air, teleport instantaneously whenever he willed and owns an arsenal of magic at his fingertips. He is well-known for his Quickdraw-style, killing his enemies in a single stroke of his sword and sheathing it before anyone caught sight of the blade’s gleam. His merciless and ruthless attitude strikes fear into most of his adversaries. He hides his shyness underneath his façade of coolness.

You can choose to be any character; an elite soldier of Tartarus, a student in the Erebus and Scientia Academy, a member of a rebel organization against Tartarus, anyone. I don't plan to be too controlling of the plot this time round, so you can just do whatever you wish (this is to allow the RP to continue should I fall inactive for whatever circumstances). The roleplay isn't scheduled to start anytime soon, I'd just like to hear your opinions of it.
Report Spam   Logged

YeonAh
Wielder of the Sledgehammer
Greenhorn

Keladry Revived - Enter YeonAh!

Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter Poll Voter Level 3
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2009, 09:22:21 am »

Present! XD

I'm all for both ideas, they sound like fun!  I'm generally online a lot, though sometimes it's during class time so I'm not sure if I'll be able to roleplay then.  Depends if the teacher isn't looking I guess >.>  And how swamped I am at the time.

I like the Reunion roleplay idea a LOT.  Modern Fantasy is always fun to roleplay, and slightly easier than Medieval I find... Will there be more elaboration on the minority parties, such as any rebel groups, or is that left to us to come up with?
Report Spam   Logged

Memory is a way of holding onto the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose.

Claims and claimed by Everkitsune.  Better watch it, we're a possessive bunch >D

Current Roleplays
Xero
Ceres Eve
Thinking up a Pokémon RPG.  Suggestions?
BlueRam
Prince of Randomness
Resident

Admit it, you think it's sweet! =D

Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter Level 3 Level 2
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2009, 12:18:51 pm »

I believe it is left up to us, as Piccie as said he is leaving a lot open ended so that the rp is super flexible.

I'm all for it, although I'll have to rp you later since I have a pre-existing character I'm interested in using.

As far as MSN, that's a good idea. I've been wondering if we'd do something like that.

......and what happened to the pokemon virtual world rp idea?

PS. I just got MSN messenger, but I don't know anybody's contact. Find me! I'm BlueRam1409@aim.com!
Report Spam   Logged

I looks awesome in spandex and so can you!

Rock Lee reads M.S.D AND loves America, why don't you?

[link]http://aisenfield.smfforfree4.com/index.php/topic,2636.0.html[/link]
Picard
Tamamo-no-Mae
Administrator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Beyond the Horizon

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Level 7 Linux User
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2009, 03:58:52 am »

Rebellion groups are left for you to think about. It would be better, I think, if you can get a few others together to come up with one, instead of creating a whole bunch of them and confuse everyone later on with all the names. The world isn't Earth as you've noticed by now, so you can come up with whatever names you want for cities and the like. The names of races have already been determined, although that doesn't stop you from creating a race not mentioned, as long as it isn't god-moddish. The only things that aren't flexible are the Crystal Sentinels, I think.
Report Spam   Logged

>>>>Booster
Fuzzy
Esteemed Members
Resident

Seventh year Anniversary Search Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Level 4
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2009, 06:26:15 pm »

I wouldn't mind something with a plot like FF: Crystal Chronicles. I liked that game—but I was never really satisfied by there only being four relatively similar races. :<
Report Spam   Logged
Picard
Tamamo-no-Mae
Administrator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Beyond the Horizon

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2009, 09:23:51 pm »

I'm currently refining the roleplay a little. Changing some personalities of the characters and all that. Who's free and up for joining?
Report Spam   Logged

Doru
The Muffin Man
Elite

Bang!

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2009, 09:48:06 pm »

I'm free but you're doing a reunion thing and I wasn't there in the first place Sad
Report Spam   Logged
BlueRam
Prince of Randomness
Resident

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2009, 08:37:36 pm »

Role Play!!!!!!!

Show yur moves!
Report Spam   Logged

Picard
Tamamo-no-Mae
Administrator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Beyond the Horizon

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2009, 10:39:06 pm »

It doesn't matter whether you've been with us in the past or not. It's just meant to celebrate the reunion of some of the members here, but that doesn't mean others can't join. Feel free to participate. The more the merrier, right?

Currently, people who are up for the RP:
BlueRam
Dorumon7
Admincat
Report Spam   Logged

Kenta.....
Fallible Human Being
Esteemed Members
Resident

Emotionally Retarded

Linux User Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2009, 04:38:51 pm »

Ah!  Don't leave me out!  I've always been in favor of this.
Report Spam   Logged

Recently discovered Pathfinder (modern D&D). Thanks for introducing me to the concepts all those years ago.
Picard
Tamamo-no-Mae
Administrator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Beyond the Horizon

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2009, 08:37:14 pm »

BlueRam
Dorumon7
Admincat
Kenta...

...Goddammit, Tyren. I just realized you edited my post.
Report Spam   Logged

BlueRam
Prince of Randomness
Resident

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2009, 02:50:55 pm »

Let me guess...Admincat was mad that you excluded him from the list? (intentionally or not)
Report Spam   Logged

Mightymike
Mightymike
Resident

I'm baaaaack

Apple User Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2009, 03:36:21 pm »

I'm in. Add me to the list.
Report Spam   Logged

The difference between someone who *thinks* they're superior and the one who *knows*, is that the one who *knows* remains humble and respectful. The one who *thinks* goes out of their way to appear superior.

CHALLENGE ME!

Roleplays Active In:
Picard
Tamamo-no-Mae
Administrator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Beyond the Horizon

« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2009, 03:38:10 am »

Nah, doubt it, BlueRam.

BlueRam
Dorumon7
Admincat
Kenta.....
Mafioso

I'm gonna see if I can refine it any further before posting. Expect to see it in two or three days' time.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum