Aisenfield
March 29, 2024, 06:18:09 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Rise from the ashes

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rise from the ashes  (Read 911 times)
Arctic master
Some guy, lolling in the RP and Fan-fic section
Resident

The Articuno pic is NOT mine. By Ishtar Ameilia

Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Level 4 Level 3 Level 2
« on: December 06, 2008, 04:12:02 pm »

Originally, I had this posted on PokeCommunity, but given my status on there (I appear to have some problems with the post), I'll repost it here; though I doubt anyone would read it. Meh.

The following fic is solely game-based; but true to an extent. It pulls up an interesting detail, for those who migrate their Pokémon from R/S/E and FR/LG to D/P or even Diamond (if avaiable). It's truly a straight forward adventure but can really be a challenge in a sense. Usually (Or at least for me), people would reset their games, after migrating EVERYTHING on it. But what if someone didn't and just kept going?

Truth be told, all I did was just start up my Emerald, again, and decide to try to earn the last berry Scott gives you, after beating the Frontier brains for the gold symbol. Though, I suppose that's where the idea came from. ^^; If I had my Wi-fi fixed, I wouldn't be bothering with Emerald at all. I'm bored.

Forewarning, the chapters are shorter than what I do usually; though the story probably would be longer, depending on how far I decide to go in Emerald, without losing my nerve and resetting.

Chapter 1: Robbed

I... I was robbed... I had almost every Pokémon known in the game... And yet the all just disappeared from my box... I don't know what happened to them... the whole part of them disappearing is a blank... What... What happened...?

Many questions blazed within the white-haired ten-year-old's mind. He stood there, in front of the Pokémon center, almost mindless, so it seemed, as the questions fiddled around in his head, almost to the point of taunting him.

He remembered looking through every single box in the center and the only thing in any of them were an egg he stored away. He checked his Hall of fame record, which had all kinds of beastly Pokémon, and yet his box didn't compare to that of his records. He began to even wonder if the Pokémon he used was even his own.

He looked at his current team. He remembered all kinds of Pokémon. Absol, Shiftry, Gardevoir; two of them. Even most of Pokémon of Kanto, like Charizard and Venusaur. All gone. Spirited away. Now all he had on his team was a level five Psyduck and Taillow and a level thirteen Minun. He felt like he hit rock bottom all over again.

He couldn't believe it. Apart from some Legendaries that weren't regularly obtainable by the game, he almost had caught them all. He had high hopes of getting all of his symbols to gold. He had high hopes of actually pulling off what seemed to be a life-long dream. All of his hopes smashed whole, as the Pokémon that once were boxed were now gone. Even the Pokémon that sucked in his box were gone, as well.

He stood at the front of the Center for quite a long time. No one did nothing to snap him out of it; no one dared to talk to him if they weren't talken to. No one dared to lend out a helping hand. Instead, they seldom looked at him, and then turned away, just as they were programmed to do.

The boy checked whatever left he had. His items bag was also almost emptied out. The one thing he did remember; making all of his Pokémon hold those items. How he couldn't believe why he did that; to what possessed his mind to do that. It was then that he recalled that he was under "his" control. "He" made him do it, as well as gotten him this far.

All he had in his bag, however, was eighty Max repellents, in his items compartment. He still had all of his key items, which wasn't a worry, as well as a whole monstrocity of berries, but his Technical Machines(TMs) and Hidden Machines(HMs) compartment was all the way down to the HMs. He gave them away too, to hold for his Pokémon. He wondered why any Pokémon would need to hold a TM anyway, being that it was only useful if it was need in a trade.

The only compartment that also seemed untouched with hold items was the Poké Balls compartment, which had a nifty rack of an assortment of Pokéballs inside. Net balls, Nest balls, Ultra balls, Premier balls and even an alarming number of Luxury balls, which weren't exactly common in that game. He remembered some generous friends traded them all to him, for some reason, even though he traded them crappy Pokémon, but, of course, the reason being that was probably due to "Him" again.

"Him." The player. The guy in control of the boy's whole journey. Probably not the reason to why he existed but close enough the boy could figure. He wondered why he didn't just end his miserable life; though he wondered if the player was just as shocked as he was to see his box disappear. But then, what would be the reason to why he made all of the Pokémon hold his items, before disappearing he wanted to know. However, he had a feeling he'd never get that answer.

He checked his trainer card. More good news. He had quite the sum of yen. It was more than half a million, almost to seven hundred thousand dollars. Though, from his record, he had beaten the league quite a number of times. He flipped over his card. He had only one link battle and won it. He traded more than four hundred times. And he won two hundred thirty-nine battle points, from the frontier.

The Frontier. The trainer really wanted to go there again. There was no end to the glory in the Battle frontier. The madness never ended. By the nose hair of an exciting battle, he had won his final silver symbol and had some faith in himself. However, it was after he had gotten that berry that Scott gave him, when his whole world fell to the ground floor.

That was when the unthinkable happened. That was the day that he never knew the next day he'd be screaming at the top of his lungs "this couldn't happen to me," over and over again. The day before he got that Lansat berry from Scott and then, suddenly, moving his items to his Pokémon.

Something is very wrong here, the boy thought, as he looked up from where he was standing.

The boy checked his bag for the Lansat berry and even that was there. He then remembered having something hold that as well, also that same day before it all happened. If a berry had that much power, as outrageous as that seemed, he wondered if another berry like that could bring back his team.

That was it. He realized something, there and then. Scott gave a berry to the boy as a reward for beating the Frontier brains. Though, he only had gotten them for getting all of his frontier symbols in silver. He imagined what would happen, if he had gotten them in gold. Scott would probably give him another berry. And if that berry was as powerful as the Lansat, he could possibly find out what had happened to his team, and if possible, get them back.

Though, the boy checked his team. They only had three Pokémon on it. He remembered correctly that the Frontier brains had Pokémon to level fifty and over. His team's strongest barely got out of the tens range. He wasn't in any shape to even talk that big of a turkey. His team sucked; he was back at ground zero, as he already knew.

The boy wanted answers, and he knew he now had a possible solution to how he was going to get to the bottom of this. He had a will to pick up his feet and keep moving, even though things seemed grim. He pulled out his Mach bike and started blazing past the standstill Non-player characters.

I don't know what the hell's going on... the boy thought as he rode his way through down the bicycle path, but I'm just going to start again... All over again...
Report Spam   Logged

nya_chan's forums. Join, please.

People should stop writing fan-fics, if they're expecting support to continue them. If you want to start a fan-fic(or fan-FICS) You should write them because YOU want to, not because of how many people post or good comments you get on them. Still, put both quality and quantity(in paragraphs) in your work, add a banner, if the mood takes you, and finish what you start. Those are some of the good qualities of being a fan-fic writer, not just merely writing stories. ^_^

Mulan - I'll make a Man out of you song: Pretty catchy song. =D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSS5dEeMX64&feature=channel_page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Arctic master
Resident

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 05:18:21 pm »

Chapter 2: Starting with the basics

The boy traveled down the path and onto the road of Route 110; His destination being Route 103, Altering cave. As many times had he had ridden down these roads, he felt like he could do it blindfolded. He tried closing his eyes, as he took the turn past the Trick Master's house.

BUMP!

He hit the tree. The boy sighed, as he rode around it, thinking that trying to do that with his eyes closed was not such a good idea. He rode past all the other trainers he beaten before. However, they seemed to have managed a "hi" at least, as he passed them. If he bothered to talk to them, they'd probably offer him a battle he couldn't win; or at least a few of them.

The Altering cave. He had never been in there before. Though, the player appeared to have, as two battles have both been Zubat. The first battle, against a level seven Zubat, he called out his Minun and soon after, ran. The second battle, however, he fought the Zubat, silently not speaking any commands though having Minun use Quick attack. There was a green bar above Zubat's head, which signified as his Hit Point (HP) bar and if it went completely to a dark gray, it would faint and disappear. However, that wasn't the boy's goal.

The boy "commanded" his Minun to attack it until it's bar above it's head reached the red zone. The Zubat attacked back with Moves such as Leech life and Supersonic(which missed), making the battle a tad more difficult. Though, once Zubat's health bar reached the boy's wanted target zone, he threw out one of his Ultra balls. After three shakes, it clicked and the boy said "Gotcha! Zubat was caught!" as he usually said, when he caught a Pokémon. After having traded most of his Pokémon, he was much more used to saying "Zigzagoon," "Wurmple" or "Poochyena" whenever he threw out a ball to catch something. Probably due to all the trades for the better Pokémon.

However, after capturing the Zubat, the boy was moved as hurried as he could, out of the cave, running from anymore encounters from Zubat. He assumed that Zubat was all there was in there, and it was the only guarantee Pokémon he could get inside. However, the boy seemed satisfied. One Zubat was enough for him, anyway.

Almost immediately after exiting the cave, the boy went to his team. He looked at his level five Taillow and commanded it to use "Fly." A law of physics were broken as Taillow swooped up, at first, off screen, then scooped him up onto his back and took off into the air. It was amazing how such a tiny bird Pokémon could lift a boy both bigger and heavier than she was; and yet so easily. It was completely illogical, but he wasn't complaining. It got him from A to B.

He landed in Lavaridge city, that place with the Hot springs and where he had gotten a Wynaut egg once. The boy jumped off and recalled the bird Pokémon back to it's raised Pokéball. He, immediatly hopped onto his bike and took off, yet again, leaving the city. He leaped off the cliffs on his bike and landed in the grass.

He stood there and thought for a moment; or so he felt. He needed a fire type. In this area, there were Numel and there were Slugma, farther down. Immediately, he drove his bike into the grass, and a battle was started. The choice was obvious; Numel.

He called out his Minun, to battle it. As he did with the Zubat, he had Minun attack with Quick attack, that being it's only offensive move. Numel struck back with ember and tackle attacks, and it's Growl made things even harder. Oh, how the boy wished he could simply have his Minun dodge these attacks and make the battle easier for himself. It stunk that both Pokémon just took turns hitting each other over and over, as if it were a slapping contest.

After about five quick attacks, he threw yet another Ultraball, with the same results as Zubat, with little to no effort on the excellent capture. He was using Ultra balls, which doubled his chances, so he really had nothing more to complain about, in terms of catching Pokémon.

The boy flew back to Lavaridge. He healed up his team and stepped outside, once more. Then it dawned him. It was one thing to catch Pokémon, but he had to train them, in order to get anywhere. With all the Numel in the area, training his Psyduck should be a breeze. It knew Surf, as well as Dive, which would overpower the Numel, despite it's level.

And thus he was back down into the patch of grass to where he had caught Numel. After 23 battles or so against Numel, completely skipping the Marill in the area, Psyduck managed to reach level 16 easily, and learning confusion. The boy began to wonder where all that water came from, and how Psyduck could dive into the grass and attack Numel with water. It all phathomed the boy, but he knew that the game already broke quite a few rules in the laws of physics; and as long as he was getting experience, he didn't care whether they were being broken, nor of the bones of the Numel he was mashing into the dirt.

It was then he decided to go up for a challenge. A level sixteen Marill. The exact same level as his Psyduck. He could test out that new Confusion Psyduck learned. So, instead of running from them, as he usually did, he decided to fight.

Psyduck let loose the confusion, being the fastest to move. However, as it took damage, the attack barely chipped off an eighth of the Marill's Hit points. The boy was nearly aghast. The Marill used a Water Gun attack, which was not very effective from the type. The Psyduck Scratched it next. Same results. The Marill curled into a ball, now using Defense curl, raising his defense. The boy knew that scratch was not going to get him far, in this long run.

The boy continued his Confusion onslaught, for three more turns, as Marill continued to curl up into a ball, concealing it's weak points. What happened next was that Marill began to roll into a ball and smashing into Psyduck. Rollout. It got powerful each time it hit in a five turn session. And with the Defense curl used before rolling out, it's power was doubled.

Psyduck was in trouble. The boy had the Duck Pokémon stand it's ground for a turn more, though the rollout hit, yet again. Knowing he couldn't win, unless he had possibly given the Marill the confused status, the only hope in that being that it hurt itself in it's confusion to stop the rollout, the boy ran from the battle and got away safely. He was still on his bike so he exited the grass and headed up the nearby stairs and up onto the rocky terrain.

Out of sheer panic, he talked to the large Hiker guy he whupped before. However, he said what he always said, when he lost.

"I hear there are some seriously tough trainers on top of Mt. Chimney," the Hiker said, almost like a record player with the same jolly tune he always spoke in. "I intend to go up there and give them a challenge!"

Good luck with that one, idiot... the boy thought. He was glad that he didn't have much of a voice in the game, otherwise he'd be smacktalking the Hiker all the way back to his mother, They'd tear you apart, chew you up and spit you back out. And I should know, I whupped them just as many times as you.

He checked the status of his Psyduck. Only fourteen hit points left. The boy had his Taillow fly him back to Lavaridge to heal up once more before getting back to training. If he still couldn't beat that wild Marill, he knew he'd be in for a real wake-up call if he rematched any of the other trainers on his Pokénav.

Save
Report Spam   Logged

People should stop writing fan-fics, if they're expecting support to continue them. If you want to start a fan-fic(or fan-FICS) You should write them because YOU want to, not because of how many people post or good comments you get on them. Still, put both quality and quantity(in paragraphs) in your work, add a banner, if the mood takes you, and finish what you start. Those are some of the good qualities of being a fan-fic writer, not just merely writing stories. ^_^

mauralucky7
Resident

Combination Level 3 Level 2 Level 1 100 Posts
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 04:16:53 pm »

OOoohh nice new concept there Arctic. I'm looking forward to reading this.
Report Spam   Logged

Arctic master
Resident

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 01:00:39 pm »

O-o" I forgot to post the rest of this! *does it now*

Chapter 3: The challenge of the wild Seedot

The boy, apparently, hadn't graduated from the school of hard knocks. Either that or he was hardheaded and forgot about how strong Marill were. He entered the grass and a Marill randomly appeared instantly. With still only 14 Hit points left, he went for broke and tried to challenge the thing. A single Rollout attack, put it down in one hit and forced the boy to flee. It wasn't that he felt he couldn't win; it was that he usually applied by the rule "No man gets left behind." ... Usually.

Flying back to Mauville city and healing up, the boy had an epiphany. The boy really didn't know why but he wanted a mediocrely strong Pokémon; something not too far off his level, but something that could still kick ass. He wanted something cool looking, and yet still with some backbone support. He wanted an Absol.

Absol came around level 25 through 27 and they had high attack power to sweep away any weaklings that came around. It seemed like a perfect choice, at the time, if he could find it before the other wild Pokémon kicked the crap out of his team. If the thing wasn't hard enough to find on it's own, the other common Pokémon were around their 25's. Fighting Absol was going to be hard. Finding it; harder.

The boy flown to Fortree city, then traveled eastward to the very tall grass. Running seemed easy at first, until his Psyduck took some damage. Wait, not some, about almost half of the Hit Point bar was melted off, from an Oddish's Acid attack. And then, later on, a Mightyena chomped off the rest of it. Logic told the boy to simply fall back and try it again later, but he didn't want to give up. He was stubbornly dedicated to at least finding an Absol.

However, what he found, and challenged at last, was not Absol, but rather a Seedot. The Acorn Pokémon was around level 25 and the boy had a good idea to beat it down, for kicks. It would earn him some good experience, if he could take it down. Or at least how he felt at the time.

The boy called out Minun. The first idea was to stun it with Paralysis and then assault it with quick attacks. Seedot doesn't have any front and center attacks so this would be easy, the boy thought. Oh, was he ever wrong. Immediately after being paralyzed, Seedot used Harden. Quick attack's power was softened up and weakened. The attack barely chipped away a fragment of the HP bar. But that was the least of the boy's worries. Nature Power; which turned into Razor leaf, was sent to Minun, cutting his HP all the way down to 14. The boy was in deep doo-doo.

However, he then had another epiphany. He swapped his Minun for Zubat.

Razor leaf's power would be cut by both of it's types; poison and flying. I can still make it through this! he thought.

However, the Seedot used a move that the boy learned to scorn. Synthesis. It's bar went from slightly chipped to full again. The boy knew this was now time to throw in some confusion. However, to his surprise, after the first miss of Supersonic, Seedot's Razor leaf cut right through Zubat's bar, dropping his Hit point count from 28 to 17. However, this was of little surprise to the boy. Zubat was only level 10 and Seedot was 25.

The battle went on. Seedot revealed it's final move; Growth, which would add on the pain to Zubat's slow increasing bar, from his Leech life attack, time and time again, and on occasion, it would throw in a Synthesis to annoy the boy even more. However, even after the usage of the last Synthesis, the boy was now feeling skeptical of winning the battle.

Zubat had been on the offensive, the entire time, and all and all, the farthest it's managed to get Seedot's bar down to was to the yellow area. It's Power points for Leech Life (which were only 15) drained quickly, from it's lone usages of Harden, and Zubat had to resort to using Supersonic. However, with all the attack power, and Zubat's bar currently at 12(?), Seedot spared it no mercy. With one more usage of Nature Power's Razor leaf, Zubat fainted.

Amazingly enough, the boy finished the battle with Numel. He was surprised how well that camel thing effectively took Seedot out with two embers. Then again, Ember was a special attack and unaffected by Seedot's physical defense raising hardens. The battle had been won, but the boy was disappointed.

In total, the Exp. was rounded off to Minun and Numel getting a shared 132 Exp. Both of them barely enough to even fill a quarter of their Exp bars. That was a sure turn-off on the boy's good mood. All that hard work for naught.

However, he kept looking, still, and finally found it. And boy was he ever sorry. Absol appeared; level 25 and female. The boy felt this was his chance. He sent out Minun again, to paralyze it, though it was blocked off by Taunt. Taunt, the annoying move, was a move that prevented the use of any other move that wasn't a direct attack. Thunderwave didn't cause any damage, so it was blocked. However, immediately after that, Absol finished Minun's last 14 Hit points with a Quick attack. The Absol was strong.

Numel was next, and it was swept instantly. Before it could even use Growl, to weaken it's attack, Bite finished it nice and quickly. And that was the end. If the boy sent out his Taillow, it would've been creamed instantly. With no other options, the boy fled and miraculously got away. He realized that he wasn't going to get power like that so easily. Back to the drawing board.

The boy ran back to Fortree city, even though he could've just flown there and arrived faster. He healed up his Pokémon and checked the box. He checked the box again, because he wanted to see if even ONE of his Pokémon was still there. Something he could use so he didn't have to do all of this training the hard way. There wasn't a single one. All there was was an egg in a box called "Alex." Who the name was wasn't really important to him. However, one of the box names caught his eye.

"2Migrate." What does that mean? the boy thought, To migrate is to go somewhere... right? Is this some portal to how my Pokémon escaped?

The boy didn't put too much thought into it. He figured he'd find out later. For now, he took the egg in the "Alex" box and placed it in his team. He would hatch it later. Maybe, just maybe, there might be something in the egg he could use. All he had to do was hatch it. It was time for a bike ride.

The boy, with the egg withdrawn, and his team healed, he flew to Mauville city, to hatch the egg.

Save
Report Spam   Logged

Arctic master
Resident

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 01:04:16 pm »

Chapter 4: Annoying phone calls

The boy arrived in Mauville city as he did before. He really didn't know why he kept on ending back up at Mauville city. It seemed like, for some reason, he always ends up back in Mauville city. The boy headed east but didn't get fifteen steps before he got a call from someone on his Pokénav. He checked the caller ID and saw that it was one of the trainers he fought before; Some Ruin Maniac named Andres.

"Hey! It's Andres! Got a minute?" Andres said, on the phone. "I trust you've been well? I'm still bursting with life!"

Well, I'm glad you're still ignorantly blissful. At least you didn't get robbed! the boy thought, knowing he couldn't really speak back.

"Why, just now, I won another match. I'm not stepping aside to you youngsters yet!" the call ended. The boy sighed.

Ugh... You might already have my behind on a silver platter, if we had a rematch... the boy thought. He continued his walk, though didn't even get five setps before he got another phone call. Another check on his caller ID showed it to be Valerie. Valerie was a Hex Maniac. Why do I attract all the weird maniacs today?

"Oh, how do you do? This is Valerie speaking." Valerie said, unusually cheery today, "I hope you've been well. I wanted to tell you I just won."

"You just won" what?! You're wasting my time! the boy thought, wishing he could shout that and shut the girl up.

"Well, my Sableye worked especially hard to get the win. See you again!" Click.

Oh for cryin' out loud... the boy groaned.

The boy managed to get the rest of the short walk to the big rock at the edge of the town's water route on 118, all while praying he didn't get anymore calls. There, he popped out his Mach bike and began his ride back to Mauville. He sped past the town onto the next route, through Verdanturf town and smack into the Battle Tent's sign. There, he turned around went back to the large rock on Route 118. It was a straight route back and forth and all he had to do was repeat the process and in no time, the egg would hatch.

The boy checked the egg. It was already making sounds. He hoped that what hatched out of that would be something good and useful. Another few laps back and forth, the boy noticed the egg about to hatch. He could almost feel hysterical as he looked at the egg and it started to crack as the Pokémon inside was finally coming out into the light. However, the good mood was broken, yet again, finding that an Azurill was in the egg. What a letdown.

A female Azurill. Useless in his book. He had a Psyduck. Psyduck could learn Psychic attacks. Azurill could only splash around until it became happy enough to evolve into Marill. Heck, if anything, he could've simply caught a Marill, if he wanted to. Though, after being mauled by Marill, having the Azurill didn't really appeal to him. He was going to box it.

He went inside the Daycare center and then deposited the Azurill in the Alex box. He didn't know why but the Alex box seemed to fit where the little aqua mouse Pokémon could be. He didn't know who Alex was, but hey, a box is a box. He could release it for all he cared, but he felt he could use it for later. After all, anything he caught at this point counted.

The boy walked out and thought a bit. He needed to think where he could possibly get more strength. After the Absol incident, he needed a more foolproof plan for reckless things like that could risk his large allowance. He realized, at that point, that he had to spend the money before he actually lost it. It was time to do what most preppy girls did when they had money and a lot of friends with them to spend it with; shop.

He hadn't been to one of those places in a long while. It was no surprise why he had a truckload of money in his pocket and yet, from his exterior, he looked like any old poor trainer. Not that he looked poor or anything, but still, he had so much money and his bag was so empty, he could've been categorized as a poor person; Either that or a miserly trainer who was just very stingy with his money.

He stepped to the counter and talked to the clerk. He lost track of how much he spent but whatever he bought lead to him receiving ninety-nine Super Potions, twenty-five X items of Speed, Attack, Defend, Accuracy; twenty-five Guard specs and twenty-five Dire hits. He felt he could've bought more stuff but he figured he'd save it for the Lilycove Department store; when he ever got there.

The boy paced the front of the Mart and he got another call; though this time, he actually enjoyed it. A Beauty named Jessica had been calling him.

"Oh, hello... This is Jessica." Jessica said, on the phone; almost seductively.

H-h-hello, Jessica... the boy thought; soon traveling off in his own little world.

"Listen, I came within a whis..." Jessica's voice faded as the boy became lost in thought. However, when he snapped back into reality, he realized the call was ending, "-ry harder. See you around."

No! Don't hang up! NOOOOO!! the boy thought. Click. She hung up. Aw man... The first time she calls me and I daydream... This is why I hate using the phone...

The boy shoved the Pokénav in his pocket, now off again. He figured he'd probably try to train his current team so they would be able to take the big leagued Pokémon; most likely the Seedot he had problems with before.

Save
Report Spam   Logged

mauralucky7
Resident

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2009, 05:31:05 am »

nice job arctic. killer seedots are always funny. Why is it I always red your stories? XD
Report Spam   Logged

Arctic master
Resident

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2009, 10:31:00 pm »

nice job arctic. killer seedots are always funny. Why is it I always red your stories? XD
I do not know. o_o" Meh, I suppose it pushes on the next chapter (or two).

Chapter 5: A new addition

The boy, to break the monotony of traveling to the same place repetitiously, flew to the last place he'd thought he'd go; Fallabor city. It was a secluded town, far north of the region, with ashes falling from the east of the town. He'd train there, for it was perfect for some of his team. They were all around levels fourteen through sixteen, making it a well-balanced place to fight. At least the boy hoped.

However, he found that Minun would, easily, have a rough going, trying to tackle the place. The first battle, against a level fourteen Spinda proved to be too much for even him to handle and the boy had not enough reaction to draw out a Super Potion, to cure it in time. Numel swept up after him and won. The boy guessed he'd try to fall back, after a few wild battles, but he found that he had gotten his Taillow caught in the midst of fighting a Slugma. However, instead of attempting to run, the boy pressed forth, hoping that Taillow didn't fall.

The battle was all in fortune for Taillow. Taillow growled at Slugma a few times, weakening his power. However, Slugma, continuously, used Smog attacks and the first one that hit, poisoned Taillow. However, the boy made the most of it, being that the poison activated his ability, Guts. Guts increased the attack power, if Taillow ever acquired a status condition. The boy had an idea.

He followed the battle up with Focus energy and had Taillow peck Slugma to death, also healed Taillow whenever possible, so he didn't succumb to the poison; for as Slugma still hadn't let loose any of his Ember or Rock throw attacks. Miraculously, Taillow won; however, the boy rushed his team to the Center in Fallabor. He had to hand it to Taillow; she had guts, no pun intended.

Since then, compared to how much Numel endured, he let him take the floor with beating any wild Pokémon in sight, and gained two levels over the long run. However, he noticed Numel taking hits like mad, also throwing in a Super Potion, whenever Numel was ready to drop. However, as the streak went on; it came to a screeching halt, as she appeared...

It was a Skarmory. The boy knew he'd eventually find one there. Looking for one wasn't one of his main intentions but he kept it in the back of his head, in case he ever encountered one. Skarmory weren't incredibly powerful, but the power of the bird would get him through the long run, and he could replace Taillow. Not only would he have something stronger, but also, in terms of physics, flying would make a tad more sense.

The boy sent out his Numel again, who was a tiny bit battle worn. The boy figured Numel would last a few hits, before Skarmory batted out a few heavy hits. However, Skarmory spared it no mercy, as a Peck in the head and a swift attack swiftly took it down. Numel managed to release one Ember attack before being obliterated, so all was not in vain.

The boy figured he'd weaken it now. Minun was the next obvious choice. While it had no electric attacks, it did have Thunderwave. The boy could only smile as the Armored bird struggled with paralysis on the first turn. Though the good feeling was gone as Minun began to weaken it with its growls. Skarmory's attack was dropped down to it's lowly stats, and it's attacks did 5 damage at the max. However, when Minun went on the offensive, his Quick attacks barely did anything, and Skarmory throwing sand in his eyes wasn't making anything easier.

However, things were taking a turn for the worst for Minun. Skarmory would be well now gawking at how well Minun was doing at striking it with Quick attacks, and it struck heavily, with a critical Swift attack. Minun staggered, being at the very skin of his teeth of One Hit point. His last Quick attack missed and he was pecked to death. Though the boy knew he could just have Minun healed, he nodded as he recalled it.

Be at peace, Minun... Be at peace... he thought. The boy knew now to end this.

He called out his Psyduck, his most powerful, at this point. He didn't want to kill it, using any of his water attacks, and scratch was something he didn't want to waste his time using; so Confusion had to do. It was a risk of not confusing it, but it worked. Skarmory was weakened. Psyduck took a blow or two, but it was otherwise fine. It was time for the capture.

Against the boy's logic, he tossed a Premier ball at the Armored bird. Naturally, the ball bursts open, with little saving grace and not even much of a shake. The boy expected this. He had Psyduck distract Skarmory, as he reached for another ball, this time a Luxury ball. Some success this time for the ball shook... once. Skarmory was tough, naturally. It was time for the "big guns." Having Psyduck continue to distract the Skarmory, the boy reached for the Ultra ball. Feeling snarky, he tossed it and expected an immediate capture.

The end! the boy thought, as the ball opened up and sucked Skarmory in, in his third attempt. However, it had the same results as the second attempt. One shake and it was let loose again. AUGH!! Why'd I think it'd be that easy!

Skarmory was still either raising it's stats, attacking Psyduck or blinding him; while the boy had been throwing Pokéballs. The boy's next choice was a Nest ball, and the boy had to laugh at the ridiculous failure it was. Once again, a grace-less catch, for the ball shook not a single time.

The boy threw another Ultra ball and crossed his fingers. The ball shook once... twice... thrice... Click! Fifth time's the charm. "Gotcha! Skarmory was caught!" It was a long and harsh battle, but the boy prevailed, as usual. The boy felt almost smug, having caught his prize in five tries; he decided to nickname the Armor bird. He really felt it not being the need to name his other Pokémon, being that they were crappy (except for Numel, who was a decently reliable fire type and Psyduck, who had a load of good HM moves at his disposal). He called his new Skarmory Razor Wing, for obvious reasons.

With a new transaction to make, the boy headed back to the Center in Fallabor city.

Save
Report Spam   Logged

Arctic master
Resident

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2009, 10:38:38 pm »

Rise From The Ashes - Finally something powerful

After healing up and making the transaction, switching his old Taillow for his new Skarmory, the boy left the center to ponder outside to think about who to pick next. Before anything, however, he taught his Skarmory how to fly with his HM; so that he'd have something to fly on, to replace his old Taillow. Even though the difference in size made more sense to logic, he felt he was going to miss his old Taillow.

The boy now knew he had to use some bigger attacks. His small attacks weren't making the cut and leveling his team was hindering because of it. He needed to give his team some heavy hitters and he knew just where to go. Using his new Skarmory's fly, he flew to Lilycove. There resided one of the largest Trainer department stores in the entire game.

Yes, the Lilycove department store was the largest and had almost every need of a trainer, in terms of items. He could buy any potion, any medicine, heck, even some dolls for his Secret base if he made one. However, it wasn't the dolls or the medicines or even the expensive Stat-increasing items that was on the third floor. No, his goal was the fourth floor, where he'd find items that would really make a difference in how heavy his team could hit.

TMs, TMs and more TMs. There was ten TMs to buy in all; five for offense, five for defense. The boy went insane, buying five of every TM that was on the shelf. His budget was literally slashed in half, but the boy knew this was definately going to be worth it. Even that Seedot he had problems with before would be crying and begging for mercy now, with the attacks he had in store for it.

Though, despite buying five of every TM (which rounded off to fifty TMs in total), he only actually used two TMs. He taught Minun Thunder and Numel Fire Blast, but other than that, his other team couldn't really use any of the TMs. Sure, some of those Pokemon could learn Protect but the boy really didn't have a fond liking for the move. Defensive moves like that weren't very useful yet. Psyduck could've learned Blizzard... if his moveset wasn't full of HM moves. He remembered at one time, he had taught his Psyduck Strength and Rock Smash, for whatever reason. And all short of Hyper Beam, which couldn't be taught until his team fully evolved, the boy really didn't have much to teach his other Pokémon. So, he left the large store, sort of disappointed.

Though, with his new found strength, he flew back to Fallabor city and east to Route 113, to test out his new thunder attacks. Minun spared his victims no mercy, One-hit KOing anything that stood in his way. When Numel appeared, Fire blast showed some same results, despite only used once. Surely, the boy wished he could've used these moves on his other Pokémon, for pure pleasure and devastation. It was almost pleasant to have all this power in the palm of his hand.

The boy felt a bit overconfident and headed to the grassy areas of Route 114, west of Fallabour. He decided he'd continue to try to train his Zubat to fight a little better, since it was now the weakest link on his team. He'd try to pick on the Lotad in the area; hoping that level 14 would be low enough for Zubat to hit hard and defeat them. However, instead of bumping into a weak Lotad, the boy bumped into something much more terrifying.

Seviper. It hissed at his Zubat, with a bloodlust in his pixeled eyes. The boy tried to run, but to no avail, Seviper cut him off and then delivered a powerful bite to Zubat, KOing him instantly. Despite that, he broke free of the Seviper's attempt to cut him off again, getting away safely.

The boy sighed. The Zubat that the player caught appeared to do him very little favors except drain his potions. It was a waste of space in his team slot. The boy had a right of mind to release it, but then he'd needed to replace the thing, before he did. He was now ticked off but had an idea to how he was going to actually get somewhere in terms of having something high of level.

The boy healed up and then headed back down Route 114. He walked along the bridge of the route and then pulled out his Super Rod. The boy had promised himself that he'd never cast this line again, until his Pokémon were stronger, but if a certain Pokémon appeared, the cast would be well worth the catch. He casted out his line, and a few times it failed to catch anything. However, after the fourth time... He got a bite!

He had a small tussle of yanking the rod, to pull in the Pokémon and after two yanks the Pokémon was hooked and surfaced. A level 34 Barboach. Perfect. Just what the boy was hoping for.

Idiotically, he started his battle off with Psyduck. He'd try to weaken the Pokémon with surf attacks. The Barboach took it easy on the Psyduck, at first, Snoring at the wrong time and even managing to throw in an amnesia on occasion. However, it took a rest to recover his lost HP, making things all the harder for Psyduck. To worsen the matter the second it woke up, it unleashed the devastation to Psyduck as it was; Earthquake.

Being shaken up so badly, Psyduck fainted. To avoid anymore casualties, the boy called out his new Skarmory, Razor Wing. Naturally, Razor Wing could avoid all of the Earthquakes and use Fly attacks on it, to cause some damage. Apart from the healing rest attacks, and the Snore that appeared once and again, the battle didn't appear to be going anywhere. Skarmory wasn't strong enough, let alone on the fish's level, and this was turning out to be longer than the boy thought.

Swallowing all lost hope into his stomach, he pulled out a Ultraball, chucked it and crossed his fingers. Amazingly enough, like most of his other catches, he caught Barboach on the first go. The boy blinked but he was glad to have him on the team. Finally, something strong and powerful that he could use to take something out on one shot.

Despite the victory, the boy gave the Zubat another glare. It now reached the point of uselessness on his team. He smirked, the Zubat still had one purpose left, however. The boy headed on down to Fallabor Pokémon center, to deal with Zubat, once and for all.

Save
Report Spam   Logged

mauralucky7
Resident

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2009, 07:50:03 pm »

Great job on these latest two chapters. having a skarmory and a barboach on the team will definatley improve his luck
Report Spam   Logged

Arctic master
Resident

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2009, 11:24:18 am »

Ah, but here's where the boy's team can get a little fluctuating. XD

Chapter 7: Absol: Captured!

The boy stormed in the building and headed straight to the PC. There, he opened up Lanette's box, for the ??th time and deposited his Zubat. Somehow, he was glad to see the back of that ball heading into the suspended space where, hopefully, he'd never see it again. Then again, hope, in this case, was a strong word. The boy knew he had to watch what he had hoped for, for he'd get that and more (or in this case, lose what he hoped for).

With the new Barboach in hand, the boy flew off to Fortree city where he'd try to attempt the Absol capture again. With a better chance of survival, he felt he could capture that Absol, or even one at level 27, if he tried. After getting off the wooden bridges and down the ladder, he popped open his bike and rode for a bit, down the route. Once getting far enough, he dismounted it and entered the grass to begin the search.

The first to appear was a Mightyena. The boy had no fear, even though he was using Psyduck first. However, that fear returned to him, when Psyduck's heaviest hitting attack only managed to chip away a fifth of Mightyena's HP. Luckily, Mightyena did no damage to it and used Odor Sleuth first. Later, Mightyena blinded Psyduck with Sand-attack, but ever so, Surf hit again. The boy blinked, it shaved off more than he thought. He used Surf once more, only to strike first. However, the battle quickly ended when Mightyena roared, sending Psyduck scurrying away as if he had been stung.

The Second Mightyena he fought was much more aggressive, however. It bit Psyduck, causing him to flinch and didn't shy away from being offensive. Another Bite put Psyduck out for the count. The boy still didn't back down, however. He went for Numel and tried to put Mightyena out with a fire blast, but Mightyena went to her defensive pose, kicking sand in Numel's face. Fire Blast missed, as more sand was being kicked up. Though, like Psyduck, Mightyena sent Numel packing with another Roar.

The boy had no more will to fight random Pokémon. He wanted his prize; Absol, and after the next to random encounters, he encountered one. A girl. Level 27. Just what he had hoped.

Minun was called for. Absol attacked Minun with Bite, but Minun held his ground and paralyzed her with Thunder wave.  Now all the matter was about was causing a heavy amount of damage in one turn, before Absol could retaliate. Thunder. To the boy's surprise, the thunder did little to about a quarter of chipping away at Absol's HP. She was stronger than she looked, the boy could give her that. Absol summoned up three whirlwinds, swirling in front of her. She was prepping fo an attack. The boy had to hurry.

Another Thunder was called for, though, Minun bit the bullet and bit it hard. Razor wind cut through Minun, though not drawing any blood. The boy thanked his lucky stars that this was a kid's game. Minun fainted, however.

The boy then called for Razor Wing, to finish the job. Learning from the Mightyena, Skarmory kicked up sand to blind the Absol. She started to swords dance, increasing her power, but the boy knew that power was useless, unless it hit. Sand was kicked up more and more. Pressure, Absol's ability, was chipping away at Skarmory's ability to kick up the sand, though Razor wing still kept strong kicking it up. Even as paralysis took effect once and Absol attacked, Skarmory didn't let up kicking the sand in Absol's face.

However, Skarmory took a hit, that nearly costed her half of her entire bar. Despite that, more sand was kicked up. It was almost like a storm of sand, being punted in Absol's face. However, down to her last Power Point for Sand attack, the boy counted off how many times she had gave the command to use Sand attack. About six times, if you count the pressure cutting it down to size. It was time to weaken her even more.

The boy had to be extremely careful, however, for a critical hit could cost the boy his hunt. However, it was that same critical hit, that weakened Absol just right, for the picking. Absol struggled a bit with paralysis, being unable to counter-attack. This was the boy's chance.

As he pulled out the Ultraball, the boy knew he'd be throwing more, for Absol was difficult to capture. He took out a few more, just in case and then started to lob them at Absol. As expected, his first attempt failed. So did his second attempt. His third and fourth attempts came close, but Absol bursted at the end. Absol managed to land a bite on Skarmory. Time was running out.

Not even praying for any success, he lobbed a Premier ball at Absol. As expected, he failed miserably. Back to Ultraballs. A few failed attempts later, the boy successfully caught his long wanted Absol. Being so happy, he decided to nickname her. He called her Chaos Rend, also amazed at how he managed to fit it all in. At level 27, the boy was confident that she'd fit in just fine on the team. He was so excited in catching his new teammate, he biked and ran all the way back to Fortree city, ready to heal and prepare for some real training to accomplish. It was time to get back on track; he needed to get his team to at least sixty.

Save
Report Spam   Logged

Arctic master
Resident

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2009, 11:25:41 am »

Chapter 8: Team Shifting

The boy proceeded to route 118. He hopped on Psyduck's back, never having done this before, and surfed around on his back. Amazingly enough, Psyduck surfed amazingly fast, for he could've crossed over the water route to the other side five times in twenty seconds, if he wanted to. That is to say, if the boy didn't have to deal with the random encounters and having to deal with the boxes that wanted confirmation everytime he wanted to get on.

However, dealing with the encounters was his current goal. He wanted to train Minun. He wanted to hunt down the Pelipper that came his way, and luckily, his first two encouners were nothing but Pelipper. Pelipper were water and flying type, making Thunder not only quadruply effective but also it was good training. However, he wasn't as lucky to finding it as he was the first few times, as the best of what he found of them was the high leveled Wingull, it's pre-evolution.

Other than the Wingull, the Tentacool were more around the pain in Minun's rear end that had the boy worried. He had to save Minun from death once or twice, due to all the damage that was adding up. Midway, he stopped fighting altogether and took a break from all the action.

Save

After coming back to life, the boy trained Minun until he reached 20. However, the boy stopped again. He didn't save like last time, he was rather angry at how shallow Minun's available moves were. He remembered hearing a Manectric in the grasses of the wild and figured he'd probably switch for that. He just didn't have the patience for training something that wasn't going to learn better moves later on.

He ran into the grass, but bumped into two high leveled Zigzagoons. Minun took both of them down with a Thunder and a Spark, but the boy had to save Minun from the damage he sustained while they were surfing. The boy didn't know why on earth he didn't heal his team before he went on to tackle this, but he figured he'd tough it out.

The boy bumped into, not Manectric, but it's un-evolved state; Electrike. The boy raised an eyebrow. Close enough... the boy thought. He had Minun use Quick attack to check to see if it had the ability Static, which actively paralyzed the foe upon contact with a physical attack. Two turns later, Minun was paralyzed. That was it.

Though, while the boy was glad of his prize's ability, he took note to Minun's HP. It was getting low, still yet in the yellow area. The boy had Minun use Spark to weaken the Electrike further and to his fortune, Electrike was paralyzed. However, Minun didn't have enough energy to survive one more blow from Electrike and the next turn, Electrike struck Minun down with Quick attack, shaving off the last six Hit Points left.

The boy swapped for Barboach. While Barboach didn't quite have an attack that could weaken Electrike enough without overkilling it, the boy simply threw a Nest ball at the Electrike. It was paralyzed, it was weaked and Barboach was a much higher level than Electrike (which raised the Nest ball's chances), sparing the Electrike no mercy. Without prolonging this catch any longer, Electrike was caught, with little enthusiasm. However, he felt nicknaming it, so he called it "Mane." The boy didn't question why he called him that. He knew he was bored.

Now, with his new partner, the boy flew back to Mauville city to heal up and swap for his new Electrike. However, the boy felt almost like crying as he deposited his Minun. In terms of partners, despite the small threat that Minun posed for striking fear in his opponents' hearts, the boy knew he was going to miss having Minun on his team. However, Electrike was more expendable on moves so it was only fair. At least that's how the boy felt.

The boy then thought. He plotted how Numel could now hinder him and with that in mind, he needed a stronger fire type now. However, he could only think of one place where he could find a good fire type; the Magma base. The boy headed outside and flew to Lavaridge town. However, quickly after arriving, he realized he didn't have an Acro Bike. He figured he COULD fly back to Mauville to trade bikes, but that would be a waste of time, he felt.

The boy jumped off the cliffs, east of Lavaridge, passing the Jagged route up to Mt. Chimney and heading to the lift. The boy said yes to heading on the lift and was off, up to the top of Mt. Chimney, where the ashes from the "active volcano" were falling. As he was on the lift, the boy thought about his Numel. He didn't know why but he felt wrong readying to switch his Numel for something he might catch in the Magma base. The reason "it's only more expendable" came back to mind. Maybe it was the player putting the idea in his head, but regardless, he couldn't ignore the will of the player.

After exiting the lift building, the boy hopped on the bike and jumped off more cliffs, to reach a hole in one of the walls. There it was. He remembered first going there to thwart the evil deeds of Team Magma. There, he had to fight his way through the random encounters and the Team Magma members to get to Maxie and try to stop him from awakening Groudon. The boy failed to stop him but he gave Maxie a good beating he'd never forget; where ever that man had gone.

The boy entered in the Magma base and as he had Psyduck (who happens to be the HM slave, knowing Strength, Surf, Rock Smash and Dive) move the boulders out of the way, he crashed into a Graveler. The boy sighed. Everytime he came in the cave, he'd always bump into a Graveler. And once he saw it the first time, that would be the very last time he saw it. Luckily, he had Mane out first and could easily outrun him.

Going further into the base, the boy bumped into the Graveler's lesser evolutions, Geodude. He ran, ignoring them. However, he found something that was to the player's interest; Torkoal. It was a pure Fire type with a high defense. Something "useful" in his eyes. The boy wondered why he couldn't simply keep the Charizard he had before. He wouldn't have to hunt for this fire-type if he had kept Charizard. The boy wondered how he could've been so reckless with his Pokémon to let them all run off on him.

Instead of running, the boy called out Mane to deal with him. However, he quickly swapped him for Psyduck. It was a level 16 Psyduck against a level 28 Torkoal. The boy knew he'd drown the Torkoal, before he could attack. However, when he started things off with Dive, it did barely anything. And Torkoal blinded Psyduck with Smokescreen. The boy kept on the offensive, however. A couple of surfs drowned it a bit but Torkoal came back kicking with Body Slam, which paralyzed Psyduck (the boy was definately surprised how Psyduck surprised). Psyduck didn't have an extra turn to weaken Torkoak any further, for a Fire Spin finished Psyduck off. The boy sighed.

He called out Numel, knowing it was the last time he'd be calling for him. He didn't quite need him for an attack, but rather more for defense. Torkoal was in the red area and all it probably took was a ball to throw. The boy decided to mix things up a bit by using a Premier ball and caught Torkoal with no outbursts. He felt productive with all the names and there was only one thing he felt he could name Torkoal; Ashes.

The boy quickly left the Base, running from any battles that appeared. He biked down back to Lavaridge and healed up. Once then, he arrived to the box again and swapped Ashes for Numel. The boy really felt like crying. He wondered who was next. Absol? Skarmory? Psyduck?

No... the boy thought, Not Psyduck. I can't take anymore of replacing my starting team. He stays...

The boy could sense his own stress as he left for the route east of Lavaridge. Feeling the stress, he turned around and went to the resort area of Lavaridge. There he buried himself in the sand to ease his pain.

Save
Report Spam   Logged

mauralucky7
Resident

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2009, 05:43:04 am »

Awwpoor Kid. It takes alot to get ridof your starting team.Your doing a great job Arctic
Report Spam   Logged

Arctic master
Resident

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2009, 10:14:48 am »

O_o I can't believe I haven't posted chapter 9 yet...

Chapter 9 part 1: The Player controls

After relaxing, the boy decided on trying to train his Psyduck. He rode out to route 112, east of Lavaridge, into the desert. This was a great idea for not only because Psyduck couldn't be affected by the raging Sandstorms (due to the ability Cloud Nine, which negated it's effects) but because of the many ground types that were there that were worth training against. A good surf attack would knock them flat on their backs, the boy hoped at least.

However the first three battles were tedious for the boy. The first two battles, Baltoy proved to be the nuisance of training Psyduck and due to that, Psyduck had a problem landing blows due to Sand attacks. The boy prayed his lucky stars, even though he had used dive to finish things off, that Baltoy didn't exploded those times; the key words "those times." However the third battle, the boy was pitted against a Cacnea, which the boy ran from, of course. The boy realized that training Psyduck was going to be harder than he thought.

The fourth and fifth battles was the very turning point in the boy's team. A Trapinch was engaged in the fourth battle. Psyduck used Surf and it survived by the very skin on it's teeth. If that wasn't the problem, Trapinch then followed up with Faint Attack, shaving off more than a fourth of Psyduck's HP bar. However, the next battle, a third Baltoy appeared; and this ended the reign of Psyduck in the boy's team. The Baltoy blinded Psyduck, yet again, with sand attack, and then followed up with Self-destruct. Psyduck was KOed.

Though, the boy would've given Psyduck a second chance, it appeared the player had no more patience for Psyduck. With scorn, the player had the boy fly back to Lavaridge and enter the Center. After healing up, the boy walked, unable to control himself, toward the PC. Opened up Lanette's PC and went to "Move Pokémon." The boy began to cry and plead to the player to not take Psyduck away but it wasn't like the player could actually hear him "talking." But the player stopped. There was something he needed to do first.

Instead of depositing Psyduck, he deposited Mane instead, and withdrew good ol' Taillow again. It was nice to have her back on the team, only if temporarily. The player had the boy exit and fly to Lilycove. There, he had took a visit to the move deleter's house.

"Umm... oh yes, I'm the Move deleter," the old man said, having to recall who he was. "I can make Pokémon forget their moves. Would you like me to make Pokémon forget moves?"

Why the hell did you bring me here? All things considered... the boy thought, asking the player why. The player didn't physically reply but he did by moving along the scenes of having Psyduck forget all of his HM moves. But, of course, since the move deleter couldn't delete all the moves, the player taught Psyduck Blizzard, and then had the final HM move removed. He repeated the process with Taillow, only taking away her Fly. After that, the player had the boy leave.

However, the boy was pushed back to the Lilycove center, not depriving Psyduck of his banishment from the team. The boy groaned as Psyduck and Taillow were put back in the box. He now had no one left on his original team that got him through the thick and thin. The boy sighed, feeling he was going to feel terrible the whole day. Though, he also noticed that the player made all of his boxed Pokémon hold items, or rather more, balls. The balls were Premier balls and the boy had plenty of them so he had not to worry; though he was concerned for the Pokémon had no use for them. What could they possibly do with Premier balls; try to catch other Pokémon when their HP got low?

Though, the boy had no time to think this through and remember the important detail about the Boxed Pokémon holding items. Though, the boy expected control again, he noticed that he still was under the heavy influence of the Player's control, thus not knowing what he would do or where he could end up next. The player had the boy exit the Center and fly back to Fallabor town, after having left there to train Minun. The boy was put on his bike and sent pedaling at his max speed on Route 114. As he was sent down the road and through the grass where Mane either tackled down with Spark or his new fangled Thunder attack or ran from any battles that came their way.

The boy had no idea what was going on, but he couldn't do anything about it so he just kicked back and hung for the ride. Not like he had a choice to do it or not...
Report Spam   Logged

Arctic master
Resident

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2009, 10:16:09 am »

And here's the second part.

[marquee]Chapter 9 Part 2[/marquee]

The player had the boy travel through the grass, as he had left off, but the player had made him turn back around as if he had dropped something back there. Of course, he really couldn't drop anything, since his bag was "created" to never lose items accidentally. Though the player searched through the grass again, appearing to be looking for something. A few encounters proved what he was looking for; a Seviper.

The boy was flabbergasted, as he battled the snake. You deposited my Psyduck for something that is even WORSE and HARDER to train?! the boy thought. At least Psyduck was expendable! Seviper STINK!

Though, the boys thoughts didn't mattered to the player. Whatever he wanted to do he had to go with it. The battle was short, Mane managing to drop the Fang Snake's HP down to the red zone. The boy picked up a Nestball and, after throwing it, caught it on the first try. The boy was not amused by it, only because he didn't want it.

The player still kept full control, leading the boy down into the corridors of Meteor Falls. After teaching his Barboach surf and then Waterfall, the boy was able to successfully scale up the waterfall. The boy continued biking through the high levels that mocked most of his team's levels, though Mane was mainly out, taking the mockings... and attacks they threw every now and again. However, whenever a Golbat appeared, the player had Mane zorch the Golbat to death with a good Thunder attack. Amazingly enough, the fallen Golbats were good Exp gain.

After reaching the deep part of the Meteor falls, the boy recognized the place. It was were he first caught his Bagon and trained it into a Salamence. It was a lot of hard work training it and he even managed to get him to level 100, which was quite an achievement. The boy now realized why the player had brought him here; he was going to get another Salamence. However, he questioned the matter if he was going to replace Skarmory next.

The battles were tedious even more, the levels of the other wild Pokémon in the area skyrocketing compared to Mane's measly level 26. However, Golbat was the player's main concern and two good Thunder attacks quickly put them in their place... that is, when Mane had stopped tottering from confusion, that is...

Soon after a couple more battles, Mane finally evolved into a Manectric. The boy raised his eyebrows; he now knew where the nickname "Mane" came from. Now it was the hope of learning the attack "Bite" that was going to get him anywhere. He'd really utilize the attack against those annoying Solrocks that were shooting Psywaves at him. Though needless to say, killing Golbats got fun after a while, since Mane grew to high level 28 once they were done.

Throughout the other encounters, the time seeming almost long, the boy finally got lucky and found a Bagon on level 25. Though, to his surprise, the player had ran from it almost instantly after his next turn. The boy wish he could scold the player for running away from something so difficult to find, but his protests would've been shut down anyway. The very next encounter the boy had was another Bagon, leve 35. The boy would've been shutted up.

The battle was mediocrely quick, to say the least. Manectric howled twice, to up his attack, while Bagon stayed on the offensive with Headbutt and Ember. The boy thanked his lucky stars he had Super potions; they might not heal them to the brim of their HP, but they kept his squad alived and out of the Center for a longer period of time.

Ember attacks were getting frequent so the boy had Mane use Spark. The attack shaved off almost half of his HP, whilst Quick attack finished weakening him. The boy wanted to start chucking Ultraballs, but the Player had him chucking Premier balls. The boy was skeptical how they were working, for he was starting to see a pattern in the first three balls he had thrown. First ball; one shake then burst, second ball, two shakes, third ball, three; but the fourth ball was the combo breaker, Bagon broke on the first shake. Midst of the balls, Mane was paralyzed due to the Dragonbreaths the Bagon had been shooting at him.

The fifth ball was always the charm. Amazingly enough, the Premier ball caught Bagon. The Player decided to nickname him Wyvern, which sounded similar to the first one he had that was nicknamed Wyrm, which sounded terribly similar if his memory served correctly. That wasn't important. Wyvern was sent to the Alex box, and the Player had prepared the boy to head on out. Running or trying to fight any battles that came there way turned Mane into a level 29. The boy had to keep note of the area, for he'd return later for some better training.

The boy was later flown to Fortree City to swap his team about. The boy could already tell the player was having a tough time deciding who to swap for but eventually chose Barboach. The boy figured he'd pull him back out later, since he didn't have anything to surf with.

The boy noticed something a bit spectacular about the Bagon he captured; it was holding something. The item wasn't spectacular but hey, it was still in his possession and was worth losing five Premier balls over. The Bagon was holding a Dragon Scale. Sure, it wasn't as great as the Dragon Fang, which would've increased the Bagon's attack power for dragon moves, but hey, it was a useless item worth taking up space in his bag, the boy figured. However, the player didn't take the item from Bagon and simply let him hold it. The boy figured the player was either stupid or he didn't want that space in the boy's bag taken up. Either way, the Dragon scale stayed with Bagon.

The player switched his new Seviper (AKA Red Fang) to the first position of his team. The boy was confused why he would do this or why he would switch in such a hard-to-train Pokémon for his Psyduck but, of course, he had no voice in the matter. In fact, he had no real voice at all. All he could do for the time being was stick around for the ride and wait until the player's grip on him eased up a bit, so he'd have more personal freedom.

The player had the boy travel into the very tall grass and fight off Oddish. The boy was still confused why, but later saw the answer; Oddish's attacks sucked or, for clarification, was mainly all status moves, minus Acid. It had all the powders and Acid. Seviper could shed his skin to get rid of Sleep powder and Stun spore and was immune to Poisonpower, and Acid barely did anything to it (or at least wasn't worth a Super Potion until the damage added up.) The boy realized this was the perfect place to train this blasted snake. Despite the Linoone that appeared from time and time again, scaring the boy in threats of using Headbutt; the other Pokémon, Tropius, didn't really pose a threat to Seviper's pure poison type. The boy figured this might be easier than he thought.

As the boy fallen the wild Pokémon, he began to feel less regretful of losing Psyduck on his team. The team that the player had set him up with was doing just fine, for now. As he felt this way, he felt the grip on his actions returning back to him, and he was free to do whatever he wanted again. Though, he already knew what he was going to do; try to train this blasted Seviper and teach him some better moves!

Save
Report Spam   Logged

mauralucky7
Resident

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2009, 07:22:56 pm »

Once again a great chapter. Hmm I never liked Seviper either. XD
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: