Aisenfield
March 28, 2024, 02:34:56 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Hello. I see the assassins have failed.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Halloween II (Another Rob Zombie Production?)

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Halloween II (Another Rob Zombie Production?)  (Read 397 times)
DarkToph
Ruler of all things Dark and Tophy.
Global Moderator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

I am the Queen of Randomness. You may gawk at me.

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Level 6
« on: May 29, 2009, 01:57:35 am »

Everyone knows my feelings on the first Rob Zombie take on Halloween.

For those that don't or haven't seen it, it's basically torture **** frosted with the F-word and 50% less fat...I mean violence and scares; than the original Halloweens.

I was on YT a moment ago and saw "Behind the scenes of Halloween II" or something. Rob's at it again.

I honestly don't know what to make of this from what I've seen. Michael definitely doesn't seem to be acting like Michael. He's acting like Jason with a Michael mask on. And I do not approve of his choice for Loomis. He doesn't even look like him.

It's too early for judgement calls, but I'm already uneasy about this. I'm ready to give it a fair shot. LOOKS like it MIGHT be better than Halloween (Rob Zombie version), Like it might be more psychological and scary, but that's not saying much.

What do you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZfEgzonUXQ&feature=yva-video-display
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Psycho French Horn Almighty God of Soccer Tennis Bugler
Banned Member
Warned Members
Elite

Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 02:24:00 am »

I don't know about Halloween I (Rob Zombie), but the originals scared the **** out of me like none other. I had nightmares for three years after I saw them all in one afternoon straight and thankfully that dissipated when high school started. Personally, I don't think anything will ever be as disturbing and traumatizing as the original Halloween movies which are by far, in my opinion, the greatest horror movies ever made, because they're just completely disturbing with a very simple back story.

EDIT:
Just watched the trailers. Holy crap nowhere near as scary. Michael (or whoever the **** they are now) moves way too fast, his mask isn't expressionless like the original which was soooo fricking horrifying after special effects, music and acting that I can't explain it. Yeah, I'm judging already that this will fail.
Report Spam   Logged

This member has been permanently banned from Aisenfield.
DarkToph
Global Moderator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 10:14:06 pm »

I didn't notice that the mask wasn't expressionless, but now that you mention it, it does look like it's either frowning or angry. Also, though I know he goes without a mask for like half of Halloween 1 (RZ) as a kid, I don't really like that it looks like most of the ending has him with only half a mask on. Come on, in the originals we barely saw shadows of his real face. One glimpse in Halloween 4, that was it.

Report Spam   Logged

Banned Member
Warned Members
Elite

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2009, 01:11:20 am »

I didn't notice that the mask wasn't expressionless, but now that you mention it, it does look like it's either frowning or angry. Also, though I know he goes without a mask for like half of Halloween 1 (RZ) as a kid, I don't really like that it looks like most of the ending has him with only half a mask on. Come on, in the originals we barely saw shadows of his real face. One glimpse in Halloween 4, that was it.
And for that split second that the girl managed to rip off his mask in Halloween I before he got shot 6 times, burned, stabbed, run over, blown up, shot some more, and oh, did I mention falling off a balcony. That's why Halloween scared the **** out of me. He always died in an inconvenient location and when they went to go get him, he was gone.
Report Spam   Logged

DarkToph
Global Moderator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2009, 02:05:23 am »

And for that split second that the girl managed to rip off his mask in Halloween I before he got shot 6 times, burned, stabbed, run over, blown up, shot some more, and oh, did I mention falling off a balcony. That's why Halloween scared the **** out of me. He always died in an inconvenient location and when they went to go get him, he was gone.
Yeah, Michael's a badass motha--....Oh Michael killed the girls that were supposed to say "Shut yo mouth."

You know, one sure fire way to kill Michael would be to maim him. Cut off his arms and legs, he may still live but what's he gonna do? He's a torso. Gonna bite you to death? ...Did I inadvertently make a Monty Python and the Holy Grail reference? Hm.

He could probably also die from beheading like Laurie thought in H2O (Though that wasn't REALLY Michael. It was some paramedic, I think, that Michael disguised and cut out his tongue....God the movie that followed was such a disappointment. 10 minutes of crazy Laurie and then she gets killed only to have it turn into a slasher movie with no point. And personally, I would've loved to have seen Jamie as a serial killer...But she never existed apparently...*eye roll* Ah, getting off my point.)

Other than that, I don't think Michael ever dies....

There was that one time in Halloween 3 where the police actually got to him, like 20 feet away, but then he fell down a conveniently placed hole and escaped. >=O
Report Spam   Logged

DarkToph
Global Moderator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009, 11:32:28 pm »

Update to the thread:

I just saw a new trailer for this movie. Michael's becoming more and more Jason-like. Honestly.

Look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg9d16y3atA&eurl=http://cdn.cloudfiles.mosso.com/c98822/index.html%3Fhl%3Den_GB&feature=player_embedded

And...Does..I don't really know for sure cuz I don't remember the actors enough from the first movie, but...Does Michael have...Some sort of girlfriend now? o.o

Don't tell me they're gonna say that the whole reason he kills people is because of a girl. >.<;;
Report Spam   Logged

Banned Member
Warned Members
Elite

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 12:19:53 am »

I just watched the preview. What the hell. Michael never or moved quickly in the first movies. That's **** bull ****. And his new mask is crap. Screw that. If I want a thriller, I'll go watch the originals, but leave that **** alone. I've never even seen the remakes, but that preview just proved it's all a bunch of crap.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum