Aisenfield
March 29, 2024, 06:33:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Hello. I see the assassins have failed.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Street Figher: A Hero's Journey

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Street Figher: A Hero's Journey  (Read 527 times)
Venom
Straightedge
Elite

The Heavy Metal Harbinger of Death

Badges: (View All)
Apple User Mobile User Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Windows User
« on: July 12, 2008, 06:14:14 pm »

((So this is my first ever attempt at a Fan-Fiction story. I got the idea from inspiration of the new Street Fighter IV game coming out soon and I have been wanting a new challenge in writing. I hope the members here approve of my story of the events after the Street Figher III series. Enjoy.))

Street Fighter: A Hero's Journey

Prologue

It has been almost 10 years since the last World Warrior Tournament, and almost 10 years since the martial artist named Ryu has competed in an official martial arts tournament. His surrogate brother Ken Masters has virtually retired from his career in American Martial Arts Tournament and now owns his own dojo in northern California. Ken still frequents many of the major U.S. Tournaments, always in hopes of finding someone that could possibly rival his own ability.

Corey Thompson is a simple, 20 year old, young American for the most part. He grew up in and lives in Ann Arbor, Michigan and attends the University of Michigan. He is a very disciplined individual, always striving to be the best at whatever he does. However there is one thing about Corey that separates him from his college buddies; he is scheduled to compete for UFC Middleweight Championship in one month. Corey began training in Mixed Martial Arts when he was just 11 years old, demonstrating incredible ability for someone at such a young age. He got his real first start in MMA when his middle school wrestling coach suggested to Corey’s father, Adam, that he should enroll Corey at a local Tae Kwon Doe training center. Corey thought the idea was a brilliant one and was very excited to test his abilities.

Corey soon quickly rose to the top of his class, easily besting those in his age group and many of the older students as well. At the age of 16 Corey won the American Youth Martial Arts Tournament, an MMA tournament held across the entire country for teenagers 18 and younger. He then went on to win the competition two straight years and at the age of 19, made his debut as the youngest UFC fighter in the world. At this time Corey boasted an impeccable record of 103-0, having yet to meet someone that could best him. Within nearly a year, Corey had worked his way to the top of his weight class in the UFC and earned a post as the number one contender for the Middleweight Title belt.

As he usually does, Ken Masters will be attending this event and he has heard much of this young martial artist. Perhaps Corey is the student Ken has been searching for for nearly 10 years. This is the story of Corey’s journey to become the greatest fighter in the world, his struggles between good and evil and his quest to learn from the greatest martial artists in the world.

Chapter One: Snowy Morning

It was another typical cold day in the Michigan winter. There had been a light snow the night before, the temperature was around 20 degrees and fortunately the wind chill was not as bad as usual. The area is a small suburban neighborhood roughly three miles away from a small forest. Cars and driveways have been caked in snow, although nothing a little wiping down or shoveling couldn’t fix. Although he could barely be seen in his white gi, a young man was out for an early morning run. The snowplow trucks were out early this morning making his path a little easier to run since there was little to no snow on the road. His breath could be seen exhausting out of his mouth with every step he took, the cooled air falling behind him as he kept his pace. If I want to be champion I have to be at my utmost physical peak he thought to himself as he hooked a left off of the paved road and headed towards what appeared to be a woodland trail. The snowcapped trees looked especially magnificent morning, their tops being undisturbed allowing the snow to gently rest atop the forest canopy. The simply dressed man kept running but always took time to enjoy the scenery in this forest; every now and then his eye would catch a rabbit, elegantly cloaked in its white winter fur. However most rare of all was the fox, whose red coat brought a sense of warmness to one’s heart in the cold winter months.

Up a tough slope he still maintained his steady pace, every now and then jumping over a fallen limb or an occasional rock the size of your average television. His mind focused on a new goal, he simply wiped the sweat from his brow and pressed on. His run through the forest had been about three miles and had brought him to his destination, the Crossfist Training Grounds. The CTG, as it is commonly referred to, is a compound built for the sole purpose of training those in the martial arts. Two large buildings were at the center of the grounds and there were very few windows on them. The young man walked in the direction of a door and could see that his teacher had spent the night at the grounds, as was common for the old master. As he opened the door and headed inside he caught sight of his master meditating in the center of one of the training mats. He was an older man, with a bald head I might add, of African-American ethnicity. His deep yellow gi was one that many in the world of martial arts knew well. Unlike his own white gi, which had the sleeves torn off; the master’s gi still had the long sleeves and was always kept in neat fashion.

As the door shut, the old man opened his eyes and addressed his star pupil “Ah Corey it is good to see you.” “And I am glad to see you Master Hall” the young man replied. Master Hall observed the white snow that had made its way onto his Corey’s feet “Did you run here my son?” he asked; Master Hall, of course not being Corey’s real father, always referred to him as his son since he first met him as young child. “Yes master I did. I know I must be in top form to capture the title of League Champion and the run through the snow really heightens my endurance and concentration.” Master Hall smiled “Very good my son” he spoke as he stood up and walked over to Corey. “Now,” he said as he placed his hand on Corey’s right shoulder “Let us begin our morning session of meditation. Your body is nearly at its peak but without a strong mind the body is nothing.”

Corey nodded in acknowledgment and walked with his master back to the mat he was previously. They sat down across from each other, their legs crossed and their hands on their knees, as was typical meditation form. This was an excellent time for Corey to focus his mind on his goals, his concentration and his technique. He could visualize in his mind the prize of ultimate victory; he knew he had the potential to achieve his goal, all he had to do was remain focused.

((So like I said this is my first FF so I hope I did alright. Feel free to comment, any helpful advice is appreciated. Also, for more details on Corey you can check my thread in the character profile forum.))
Report Spam   Logged

Xavier, making it rain on dem ho's XD. Credit to CM for the win pic.

*XBL Gamertag: xANTiVEN0Mx ... PSN ID: XMEGAVENOMX

"Only through struggle, have I found rest, but with a piece of me taken away. Remove from me this deception, that I called love" ~ As I Lay Dying

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Psycho French Horn Almighty God of Soccer Tennis Bugler
Banned Member
Warned Members
Elite

Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 06:25:55 pm »

I thought it was good save for one tiny problem... It's in the wrong board.

Edit: Not anymore! Grin
Report Spam   Logged

This member has been permanently banned from Aisenfield.
Venom
Straightedge
Elite

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 06:30:41 pm »

Hahaha wow I feel so stupid now XD. I'm so used to going to the RP threads I guess I just clicked on it naturally. I shall PM a mod and ask for it to be moved to the proper board.
Report Spam   Logged

"Only through struggle, have I found rest, but with a piece of me taken away. Remove from me this deception, that I called love" ~ As I Lay Dying
Venom
Straightedge
Elite

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 02:33:51 pm »

Chapter Two: Basic Training

Corey and his master had been meditating for just over an hour and now their minds were in sync and ready for physical training. “Rise my son, I can sense our minds are focused and now it is time to train the body” exclaimed Master Hall as he opened his eyes and rose to his feet. Corey followed and they headed over to the training ring. In the NAFL, all standard rings were a large octagon, about 30 feet across with a cage barrier that stood roughly seven feet tall. Along the top of the cage was black, red, blue or yellow padding depending on the level of the event. Right about this time two other young men came through the door and walked over to Corey and Master Hall.

“About time you two got here” Corey said in a friendly tone. “Hey the snow was all over my car so I had to wipe it all off so it’s not my fault” one of them answered. He had brown hair cut in a short Mohawk and was wearing a black tank top with blue boxing shorts with black tribal design on the sides. “Yeah same here” answered the other male who walked in with the other. He had red hair that fell down to just below his ears and framed his face neatly. He had on similar attire to the other, wearing a red tank top and white boxing shorts with a flame design at the bottom of the shorts. “Johnson you guys are never on time” Corey replied jokingly to the red headed fighter. “Well I’m no worse than Cole over here” Johnson, as he is know to his close friends, said as he pointed over to the fighter wearing the blue shorts.

“Cole, Johnson, begin your meditation and then begin working on your strike defense” came Master Hall’s voice, signifying it was time for talking to end and training to begin. They simply bowed in acknowledgment and made their way over to one of the mats. Corey and Master Hall now continued on into the ring to begin preparing for Corey’s upcoming fight. Master Hall walked over to one of the corners of the ring and put on some heavily padded gloves on his hands and shins. “Let’s work on your basic strikes Corey, I believe you can end this fight quickly if you can connect on just a few solid strikes. Begin.” At this Corey entered his fighting stance, right foot and hand forward with the left foot and hand pulled back; that’s right, Corey is a southpaw. This particular training was simple but it worked well to heighten a fighter’s ability to see a target in their mind and hit exactly where they wanted. Master Hall would simply hold either hand out in a random spot, palm facing Corey and give Corey roughly half a second to strike the small red dot in the middle of the white pads. Once the drill began all that could be seen were a flurry of fists and pads as Corey made contact on roughly 99% of his punches.

Master Hall and Corey kept this up for just a brief few minutes and then moved onto more training. Eventually after three hours of intense training Corey had completed his morning training. “You should go home and get some rest Corey, eat some food” said his master as they were putting up some of the pads and punching dummies they had used. “Yes Master” was Corey’s simple reply. They faced each other and bowed and Corey made his way to the door to head back to his apartment. Cole and Johnson had left roughly half an hour before then but they knew they would see Corey once his morning training was done. The three of them all attended the same college and also lived in an apartment together. Corey had no classes on Saturday and the school’s nationally known football team was playing away this weekend so he decided to take the time to walk back to his apartment and enjoy the woodland scenery instead of his normal jog.

Once back to his apartment he opened the door and saw Cole sitting on the couch in a casual t-shirt and gym shorts. He didn’t bother asking where Johnson was as he could hear the shower water running over in the bathroom. “How was the exclusive training mister champion?” Cole asked sarcastically. It didn’t really bother he or Johnson that Corey received so much exclusive training from Master Hall but they did like to joke on him about it. “It was good, Master Hall showed me an easier way to balance while performing a roundhouse kick” Corey answered. “Oh yeah the thing where you turn your base foot the same direction as your kick?” “Yeah that’s it. It works well too” “Yeah sure does.” Cole reached down into a small cooler he had sitting beside him and tossed Corey a red Powerade “Have a seat, the game is on and we’re up by a TD right now” he said. Corey smiled as he caught the drink and took a seat in the recliner. “I love relax time” he said as he leaned back in the leather chair.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum