Aisenfield
April 18, 2024, 05:41:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

The Official Final Fantasy Topic

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Official Final Fantasy Topic  (Read 4750 times)
Doru
The Muffin Man
Elite

Bang!

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts
« Reply #120 on: October 08, 2011, 02:24:57 pm »

I noticed him in one of the trailers.... he looks wierd without the beanie.
Report Spam   Logged
Picard
Tamamo-no-Mae
Administrator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Beyond the Horizon

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Level 7 Linux User
« Reply #121 on: October 08, 2011, 08:14:02 pm »

He just looks weird. Period.
Report Spam   Logged

Doru
The Muffin Man
Elite

Bang!

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts
« Reply #122 on: February 05, 2013, 02:51:58 am »

DAMN TWO YEARS, my bad had caps on....

Anyways since the Playstation Store is having a 50% sale on all PSOne FF titles, including the psp Final Fantasy 3 and Final Fantasy 4 collection, I was wondering which one would be best to get, I haven't played any of them....
Report Spam   Logged
Picard
Tamamo-no-Mae
Administrator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Beyond the Horizon

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Level 7 Linux User
« Reply #123 on: February 05, 2013, 04:56:01 pm »

4, 6, 7, 9, in my opinion, with 9 being a personal favorite.
Report Spam   Logged

Doru
The Muffin Man
Elite

Bang!

« Reply #124 on: February 05, 2013, 05:14:33 pm »

Ah, okay.... so check out 9, 7 is a given and.... I mean 4 looks kinda cool other than the random encounters but I think that's in all of them... what'd you think of it? Or 3? The 3D-ness of 3 looks nice...
Report Spam   Logged
Picard
Tamamo-no-Mae
Administrator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Beyond the Horizon

« Reply #125 on: February 05, 2013, 11:29:12 pm »

Ah, okay.... so check out 9, 7 is a given and.... I mean 4 looks kinda cool other than the random encounters but I think that's in all of them... what'd you think of it? Or 3? The 3D-ness of 3 looks nice...

Uh, every single PS1 FF are random encounters. Unless you mean the encounter rate, which FF4 is notorious for, but I personally have very few issues with it. As for FF3, never played it.
Report Spam   Logged

CM
ovelrord
Resident

Search Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Linux User
« Reply #126 on: February 07, 2013, 01:44:18 pm »

seconding picard's recommendations. 4, 6 and 7 are really the essentials, the latter two for just being thoroughly high-quality rpgs. 4 is actually rather simplistic both on the gameplay and story fronts, but in spite of this it manages to be a very endearing and memorable adventure, more than the sum of its parts. back then it was brilliant, it defined jrpgs for years to come, with what was at the time a groundbreakingly sophisticated story of love and betrayal, sacrifice, light and darkness, etc etc - y'know, all that cliche stuff. the first of its kind, as far as i know, to do that in the genre. today, however, you may find it somewhat dated.
Report Spam   Logged

pıɐs ǝɥs 'ɟɹɐ

suıɐɯop ʇuǝıqɯɐ ʎןɥbıɥ ɹǝɥʇo puɐ ǝɔuɐuosǝɹ ɔıʇɐɯoɹɥɔuɐd pǝssǝɹdǝp-ןɐpǝd uı ɹoıʌɐɥǝq uosɹǝd-ʇɹoɥs ɟo ǝɔuɐɔıɟıubıs ǝɥʇ pǝɹǝpuod 'uoıʇɐɔıɟıpoɯ ɹǝɥʇɹnɟ ǝuobɹǝpun buıʌɐɥ 'bop ɐ 'uʎןǝʌǝ
DarkToph
Ruler of all things Dark and Tophy.
Global Moderator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

I am the Queen of Randomness. You may gawk at me.

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #127 on: February 07, 2013, 01:50:46 pm »

I'm not huge into FF, but Nine and Six are my personal faves. I had a horrible time playing three (the actual three, not six masquerading as three) on the DS. The 3DS version might be better, but I never really had fun playing it at all.
Report Spam   Logged

Picard
Tamamo-no-Mae
Administrator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Beyond the Horizon

« Reply #128 on: February 07, 2013, 04:36:17 pm »

FF4 left a lasting impression on me, despite the cliches. The PSN version should come with the After Years, which is like having two games in one. FF9 still stands out as the best, not only because FF9 was a love letter to the fans of the classic FF series that defined it, the characters were also lovable and unlike the previous two (7 and 8). Zidane was bright, caring, cheerful and perverted, qualities the previous protagonists didn't have or showed very well. Vivi questioned the meaning of life and his existence, and I found him incredibly lovable. Furthermore, one of the villains (Belatrix) had a brilliant story and a lovely theme song solely for her (Rose of May).

As for FF6, Kefka kicks Sephiroth's ass when it comes to villainy.
Report Spam   Logged

Doru
The Muffin Man
Elite

Bang!

« Reply #129 on: February 07, 2013, 06:21:34 pm »

Hmm, well I bought FFVii first and after playing a bit of it I'm not liking the dive back into these graphics. So I think I'll just pick up 4 and 6, they're both 2D right like the first two were right? Only thing I know of the two are the characters appearance in dissidia and I kinda liked them... I mean The Warrior of Light was my favorite character but they kinda took liberties with his design

I'm not huge into FF, but Nine and Six are my personal faves. I had a horrible time playing three (the actual three, not six masquerading as three) on the DS. The 3DS version might be better, but I never really had fun playing it at all.
Three the one with the four warriors of light fighting the cloud of darkness?
Report Spam   Logged
Picard
Tamamo-no-Mae
Administrator
I ♥ Aisenfield!

Beyond the Horizon

« Reply #130 on: February 07, 2013, 07:19:51 pm »

Hmm, well I bought FFVii first and after playing a bit of it I'm not liking the dive back into these graphics. So I think I'll just pick up 4 and 6, they're both 2D right like the first two were right? Only thing I know of the two are the characters appearance in dissidia and I kinda liked them... I mean The Warrior of Light was my favorite character but they kinda took liberties with his design

Three the one with the four warriors of light fighting the cloud of darkness?

Damn kids today, pampered by their awesome graphics and unable to enjoy the story for what it is. Back in my day...

Yes, CoD is in FF3. Along with Onion Knight. And yes, FF4 and 6 are 2D. I feel like people will enjoy FF9 more when they play other FFs first, since it references the old FF 2D series.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum